Too many changes (IMO)

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
I think I figured out how to best sum up my feelings on certain things that have been going on over the past year or two. The section this thread is in is a big clue.

For me, (and many others) one of the biggest thrills from this Universe (outside the money thing) has always been the learning.

• What new mob is this?
  • What's the best equipment/strategy to hunt it?
  • What's over in the NE corner of that mountain area?
  • Where can I find ignisium?
  • Do any BPs even use Ignisium?
  • Why is this item rising in price so fast these days?
  • Etc. etc. etc.
Not to brag, but my soc mates use to call them "JC questions". As in if you want to know the answer, ask JC. Now with so many planets and so much new content showing, it's much harder to keep up with all that information. Thankfully tools like Entropedia (kept up to date by a to of great players willing to share information) really help a lot.

And I don't mind the new content at all. In fact it's great to know that there's so many more things for me to discover and learn in this game. It's what keeps me going...

But what happens when the information you have about an item, mob, blueprint, etc. gets changed?

Long ago, they adjusted the regen of ambu, aruli, etc. a handful of mobs. I remember one person complaining that the new ambu were suddenly using mod faps. :laugh:

Long ago, we went from six pieces of armor to seven. (IIRC, a rare suit or two have yet to get footguards.)

A little while ago, more things got altered.

Mobs got readjusted.

Certain blueprints got new recipies.

Slowly, things keep getting "rebalanced", "readjusted". The real word is they keep getting "Changed".

I like learning new things in this game. I really do.

What I do NOT like is having all that knowledge slowly tossed out and relearned, instead of being added too.

My mates have had some questions in soc chat, and to a large amount of them recently I found my answer is "I don't know".

And even worse, I find I have no real desire to go find out the answer. It'll just change.

That's why I keep updating Entropedia (46575 updates to date).

It's too much to keep in my head, I just look it up as needed.

Where there's a comprehensive change, like the mining finders or ammo change, I try to run thru and update all entries in the tables that are affected. My earliest opportunity to do that for things in this VU though won't be until sometime next week.

A lot of this reads as something that belongs in general discussion.

But - yes, its rather hard to make sure any more you know what is current, what drops from which mob and when can you mark something as "no longer drops"? Limited armor and weapons is a big question here. There are items that have been discovered and thats it. SIB levels of unspecified number of items changed.

Never mind decay tests or mob damage tests or regen tests, something that are largely missing anyways.

Sometimes I'm feeling like I'm drowning. And then they tell me the don't know how much air they loaded in the balloons.

Easy fix: let MindArk help out in updating entropedia...
or let MA publish entropedia-like tables, but that would require them to cut time from other activities (i assume) and they are already messing things up regularly so i dunno what the 'better fix' can be atm.

or let MA publish entropedia-like tables, but that would require them to cut time from other activities (i assume) and they are already messing things up regularly so i dunno what the 'better fix' can be atm.

That kills a big part of the game imo.

Oh, and just how will we then even know when things were changed? Now we can at least compare item stats now to what was written down.

I fully agree with you JohnCapital , the game dynamics/laws are getting more dynamic then loot itself.

Im sure a few of you still remember the biggest milestone in Entropia history, the VU in late 2005 when Mindark announced they have now changed the stats of RepEdge Battle Axe 1x0. MA back then, claimed it was an bug they had overlooked for years.

Im trying to remember where Marco once wrote, that MA will never change stats on anything allready implemented in Entropia.

Since this milestone in 2005, we have had adjustments after adjustments, they seem to go more and more in favour of MA. I understand that Marco is no longer with us, and his old words dont mean shit now, in 2012.

Todays Entropia is so dynamic that I have no clue:
-If I should do a mission or wait for the reward to be changed.
-If I should buy a imk2 of wait for simular guns in L version at SIB100 for 101%
-If I should buy scanning skills, for only MA to reopen ability to skill scanning.
-If I should buy a certain set of armor to a mob, for only the dmg. type of mob to be changed.

Quite frankly Entropia now suck!

...and its not nostalgia , its a observation. :)

Not to brag, but my soc mates use to call them "JC questions". As in if you want to know the answer, ask JC. Now with so many planets and so much new content showing, it's much harder to keep up with all that information. Thankfully tools like Entropedia (kept up to date by a to of great players willing to share information) really help a lot.

So JC question are question everyone could look up on Entropedia?

I fully agree with you JohnCapital , the game dynamics/laws are getting more dynamic then loot itself.

Im sure a few of you still remember the biggest milestone in Entropia history, the VU in late 2005 when Mindark announced they have now changed the stats of RepEdge Battle Axe 1x0. MA back then, claimed it was an bug they had overlooked for years.

Im trying to remember where Marco once wrote, that MA will never change stats on anything allready implemented in Entropia.

Since this milestone in 2005, we have had adjustments after adjustments, they seem to go more and more in favour of MA. I understand that Marco is no longer with us, and his old words dont mean shit now, in 2012.

-If I should buy a imk2 of wait for simular guns in L version at SIB100 for 101%
-If I should buy scanning skills, for only MA to reopen ability to skill scanning.
-If I should buy a certain set of armor to a mob, for only the dmg. type of mob to be changed.

Probley first time i have to agree with you.

And also remember Marcos was saying that.

This have always been best game and i would almost sell my soul back in the days to play it 24/7.
But latley the magic,fun in this game starts to go away,have always been possitive for change but no we going at wrong way imo.

And i really dont know if i want to deposit big again.

//WL

Totally agree

This is like the badest thing that could happen
Day.1:
I am so happy I bought this armor today folks, relaly happy, I have worked my ass off RL to afford it, I am so happy, I can hunt mob X now
Day.2:
My worlds has collapsed, my armor is shit now, it;s like loosing all those hard earned money, like being robbed, damn my armor is so shitty now, I don;t even like the looks of it anymore
...Oh wai, that was not all, my main weapon, wich i use daily it is now obsolite also, good think TT still works, but sad to loose that Mu on buying it yesterday

After few moments of thinking....

I think my place isn;t here anymore, I would aquire the power and money to fight this wall, to reach the new required lvl for the gun, to buy another armor and so on...bu..just but..what if then I woke up again to see they are all useless again? That I would not take, can't, won't.

I am a man and I have my pride, go to drawing bord you guys from MA who never really played your own creation and have no idea what we like or what we are addicted to, it's much more than you would even know, unless you start to become a player in your creation

All the best people!

I would have to agree with JC and Kimmi, it makes planning the direction of our in-game lives difficult, not to mention if we should risk investments. That is why I'm such a fan on L, becasue the investment risk is reduced almost to zero, so the focus is just on skilling (but skilling for what mob).

What we need from MA is to understand their in-game strategy for the next year. I do not believe they dream up changes over a week, there is dedicated action plan to take the game in a direction, and valid reasons for this.

Maybe MA want to tell us, but scared it would not be taken very well, so they're feeding us small bits of news or adjustments weekly so we absorb it easier (oldest politicians/government trick in the book).

We were already for changing to weapons to Level 100, although SIB is useless as not 10/10 (so will be ignored), Now we are getting used to new changes to mobs "at the same time". I must admit I did enjoy my hogg hunt last night, many mobs appear to be going back to how they were years ago (before they were ramped up and up and up with regain and HP). This is a positive move.

I ticked over to 47 pryo hit last night, and still not maxed the level 43 pryo hit XI chip requirement. I've got a feeling L48 wont do it either. I don't understand this move on pro requirements on weapons, if you can't use it 10/10 until L49, then make the damn thing L49. We don't need the wool pulled over our eyes, give it to us straight.

Well I will try and enjoy the changes, I do see good things coming of it, even though its frustrating, and maybe MA might give us a some news where they are taking the game and why, and hopefully we might all buy into it.

Enjoy the game, lets face it, most of us are not going anywhere, we are just concerned and feel a little lost.

Rick

What we need from MA is to understand their in-game strategy for the next year. I do not believe they dream up changes over a week, there is dedicated action plan to take the game in a direction, and valid reasons for this.

Exactly. Anybody still remember when Angel scales and Hansidian became very rare? And the jokes about MA losing contract with GeoTrek? The weapons unification must have been in works already back then. What is unfortunate is that meanwhile, MF chips went out off-balance and then were changed.

I think that was a mistake.

It should be an aim for MA to never change the stats on anything already in Entropia. But there will inevitably be bugs and poorly thought out things introduced, and not subsequently changing the stats on those risk spoiling the game for everyone.

I do agree too many things are changing at the moment, but I think the mistakes were made previously. Some items should never have made it into the game (like the now infamous excavator), and there should have been a better L roadmap in place to begin with. Question is should MA try to fix past mistakes, or leave them in-game forever?

I do agree too many things are changing at the moment, but I think the mistakes were made previously. Some items should never have made it into the game (like the now infamous excavator), and there should have been a better L roadmap in place to begin with. Question is should MA try to fix past mistakes, or leave them in-game forever?

MA is like the child that never learns, and burns his hand on a hot stove over and over again.
If you look at the list of mobs that have been changed, you can see that one of them is a "brand new" mob, Rex. Also Levi, attackers and prot, are not "old" mobs. It just makes it so Clear that there are absolute No roadmap MA is following.
Also the weapons that now got changed, are not old weapons.

Its just unbelivable sometimes, you would think getting burned for the 100th time would mean something.. but no... he burned his hand again.. :)

This is the reason why many big players don't keep gear these days. I used to have a lot of things myself but sold out everything because items are no safe in this game. Buy yourself a 10k USD toy and wake up with tt worth shit. Changing stats over and over again is a bad strategy and it doesn't help the game for sure.

One could disagree but lets look at one recent example.
Arkadia weapons were so unique because they had lower SIB. Now after they adjusted it

Apis - SIB 27 lvl
Ark-30 Jungle SIB 38 lvl

where is a reason of it? About same weapon. I got absolutely no clue. Morever I think the balance manager have no clue about it either and thats the biggest problem.

One could disagree but lets look at one recent example.
Arkadia weapons were so unique because they had lower SIB. Now after they adjusted it

Apis - SIB 27 lvl
Ark-30 Jungle SIB 38 lvl

where is a reason of it? About same weapon. I got absolutely no clue. Morever I think the balance manager have no clue about it either and thats the biggest problem.

Didnt they also have lower ammo usage? Which made them more powerful SIB weapons for the player level that were more efficient?

That seems like the definition of overpowered to me. And overpowered is a good reason to be popular.

Why buy one of those crappy normal Calypso guns when you can get a more efficient weapon with lower requirements and the same damage?

I mean, go ahead and correct me if Im wrong on the stats somehow. I'll accept that. I dont use guns. But I dont think you can argue with the logic if my statement is reflective of the stats in question.

I've noticed it on swords too. Next Island and Arkadia swords beat the pants off of Calypso weaponry. Calypso's only advantage is that the weapons have higher TT, so you dont need 10 of them to do a decent hunt.

If something is overpowered and unbalancing the game it should be changed. Even though this is a virtual economy, the competition needs to be created by the players. Not by developer mistakes.

This isnt a new idea I've had either. I've long looked at the Herman series weapons with suspicion, for example, because of their extraordinary benefits over a comparable Calypso weapon. It's no surprise to me that these were nerfed. They needed it. Also Maffoids. I have commented in my soc chat many times that Maffoids had something strange going on with them. That their hit rate was not normal, and the mob was exceptionally easy for the loot drops and skill gains it provided. And yeah I used that advantage while I could. Check out what my favorite mob has been for the last 2 years....

Last edited:
I know MA does what it does, then figures the complaining will subside as ppl get used to it... These mob changes are terrifying to me.... Its so easy to lose your shirt in this game.... MA should be more carefull about changing mobs, these mass changes encourage people like me to sit and wait it out until someone else provides some data on their experience with the changed mob.... They are also making equipment changes at the same time.... Just seems like a massive nerf of hunting to me... I will be dancing gangnam style until someone I trust tells me its safe to do something in game besides dancing without going broke in 2hours.....

I know MA does what it does, then figures the complaining will subside as ppl get used to it... These mob changes are terrifying to me.... Its so easy to lose your shirt in this game.... MA should be more carefull about changing mobs, these mass changes encourage people like me to sit and wait it out until someone else provides some data on their experience with the changed mob.... They are also making equipment changes at the same time.... Just seems like a massive nerf of hunting to me... I will be dancing gangnam style until someone I trust tells me its safe to do something in game besides dancing without going broke in 2hours.....

If its any consolation I did a comparison hunt on Maffoid and found that my armor was actually more efficient now, and my loot drops were the same (about break even).

I did take slightly more damage, but it wasnt earth shattering.

So there's one data point for you. The changes it seemed changed nothing substantial at that level of play.

This time, I agree with you 100%, since this factor Gorgor enough that players do not dare or do not want to invest in the game because everything can be changed totally.

On the other hand, it is perhaps their plan all the (L)-things, playing for 6 months and then quit.

Apis - SIB 27 lvl
Ark-30 Jungle SIB 38 lvl

I think what it means is that either:
  • the SIB of Apis will change
  • ATAU will go missing from loot and we all will be using something else, or paying 200%+ for the rare high dps Apis. And crafters with high QR BPS will be very unhappy.

I think that as always MA realized too late that needed to regularize weapons/tools but because it was a late action alote of planets had already their gear available to be used by players. Of course this changes are bad for this moment but we should think long term and try to understand that if this move is to regulate and put it more fair to all planet partners then it is a good thing! Same with mobs stats changes.

If this is to make a more fair virtual universe I agree at 100%.

Where in the world of video games it happen like here and 80%+ of all players only hunt leviathan just because they can loot big ath's, not because of their loot itself (markup) but because of the values it can generate when looted.

80%+ of all players only hunt leviathan just because they can loot big ath's, not because of their loot itself (markup) but because of the values it can generate when looted.

If 80% of your player-base is enjoying an activity, and spending money to do it...why would any company want to remove that and piss off 80% of the players?

If 80% of your player-base is enjoying an activity, and spending money to do it...why would any company want to remove that and piss off 80% of the players?

Because they are VERY aware that a massive portion of that 80% are total addicts who will do nothing but bitch a little about it then get over it.

There was a time when i had hopes that EU could evolve into something more than just a game......im sorry i ever thought that......my bad. Knowing how they have no qualms altering already existing items without consultation to the "owners" (LOL), even if EU did become more than just a game, i would never place my trust in MA, not as a PP, not as a player or any other sort of investor based on in game options....

For fun ^^ Yea sure, but thats where it ends....so stands to reason i never want to see MA promote this platform as "Not a game", because if they would do that, i would label them thieves.

Play 4 fun or fuck off LMAO

Last edited:
Not to brag, but my soc mates use to call them "JC questions".

Ogi and several other SoF members used to call me "Akgoogle".
Each time they were needing info about whatever in the game, they were asking me.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember the axe 1x0 doing 7.0 electric damages.
Some Entropia Pioneers members were complaining about the fact that electric damages were not existing in the game.
So, mindark removed the 7.0 electric damages, and we have been fucked up of 7.0 in the whole axe damage.
For sure, the axe decay stood the same as before.

Btw, old players will remember that Feffoids were doing electric damages before
which have been changed by Cold damages later after.

Thing to learn : sometimes you people should shut up...
and especially bla bla bla people... ;)

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember the axe 1x0 doing 7.0 electric damages.
Some Entropia Pioneers members were complaining about the fact that electric damages were not existing in the game.
So, mindark removed the 7.0 electric damages, and we have been fucked up of 7.0 in the whole axe damage.
For sure, the axe decay stood the same as before.

I will correct you, since you are wrong :silly2:

Im not sure if we are talking about two seperate events here.
When MA removed the 7.0 electric damages from the Axe 1x0, it resulted in the DPS and eco beeing significantly lowered on the Axe. Making it not worth using anymore. I was using it to skill Longblade with, and I remember I changed weapon after that.

If you mean to say that the 7.0 dmg, where not used to begin with, you are wrong. Because the damage on the item itself where lowered. So it the electric damage was used on the axe.

No need to correct me, I know Im right. :cool:

• Because its not balanced, thus 80% of the player base is not generating returns expected by internal audits?
  • Because 80% of the player base is doing one activity, placing a burden on tech resources to maintain that activity?
  • Because theres a whole game out there 80% of the player base is ignoring which if utilized properly may result in more economic stability within the product itself?
  • Because 80% of the player base are not doing it, and this is an invented statistic?

All of these are valid answers.

I think maybe there's been a bit of a fundamental change in focus. There seems to be less focus on the big, high end player, and more on the mid lvl. A lot of change at once is always hard, and I find myself having to relearn a lot of what i once knew. I hope once it's changed, that they will leave stuff alone again. This constant change is too much.

When MA removed the 7.0 electric damages from the Axe 1x0, it resulted in the DPS and eco beeing significantly lowered on the Axe. Making it not worth using anymore. I was using it to skill Longblade with, and I remember I changed weapon after that.

Well, the decay have been "properly" adjusted then, unless that, i was right :)

Back