Entropia Universe Android App Released

ok..old git here, with a cool playstation phone (with playstation buttons), but only used for texting and phone calls.

I anit got a clue how to even get to the App screen....and downloading something using a mobile are you having a laugh.

Darn,... I need to find a 9 year kid to sort it for me.

help.

Rick.

Wife, (Winterhart) tried it, likes it. Looks good.

Windows phone...

This, please.

--mod's note--
Also merged another thread directly discussing this.
--/mod's note--

Last edited:
This looks excellent. One thing that I'm not understanding is whether or not it gives access to inventory. People have made comments implying that it does, but the OP doesn't mention it. Does it allow access, or do you have to dump everything to storage before logging out?

it says storage but it acts like inventory and storage are merged on the app

Everything seems to work just none of the item names show which makes it a tad tricky to use :) When i'm not using the game i really cant see myself needing to log in though to be honest, perhaps it's handy for traders.

Why call it Virtual Tycoon? that name just doesn't seem to fit with the game at all.

Do you need your gold card to log in? (sorry if this has already been asked)

It won Cnet award in 2012 so I guess it's pretty secure(safe to use). Any internet app gets access to your location info and some sort of user data.

show me za link:D Where does it says it won the CNET Awards 2012?

Yes you need gold card if it's activated on your account

Another question...do you guys can login now? I have the same strange problem as yesterday

I put login name and password, press login and then the login button becomes inctive and the password field gets emptyed but I don;t get asked for Gold card and I can't login

Starting to think that this Gold Card is more trouble than good for this app

Yes you need gold card if it's activated on your account

Another question...do you guys can login now? I have the same strange problem as yesterday

I put login name and password, press login and then the login button becomes inctive and the password field gets emptyed but I don;t get asked for Gold card and I can't login

Starting to think that this Gold Card is more trouble than good for this app

I have the same problem, tells me "unidentified username or password". I've tried several times and am sure I've entered the login/password correctly. I'm on RT if that matters.

show me za link:D Where does it says it won the CNET Awards 2012?

I was talking about the Bluestacks Android emulator. Page I've linked few posts back shows the award.
"Overall, the integration with Windows via a simple desktop gadget proved to be clean and seamless." - CNET

Last edited:
looks like I will start to craft @ work lol smart move MA

For a crafter this is enormous update. Now I can use my laptop to play other MMOs while crafting as well. GJ MA.

Wow this is awesome if it works :))))
Doesnt work for me :(

After i enter gold card it thinks about it but never goes further. After waiting 5 mins i hit backspace and i got to the contruction screen but no ped card, or item descriptions. Not really much of anything

Rgds

Ace
Same for me :( Just instaled it on my Samsung S3 lte though so i give it a wile and try some more

Gotta love this hehe sure is a mean player :)

I love the idea MA .. looking at the screenshots and user problems I'm guessing the execution is CRAP ... i mean look at those graphs .. they extend over the UI ..

I'm guessing there is no iPhone version out yet because Apple store testing people decided there are too many bugs in the app to let it in on the app store :D :D :D

Good direction Mind Ark!

I'm sure there will be updates for this app in the future.. I tried logging in but didnt have my gold card.. now I do'n't get the login screen, but it goes on with an empty list of things.

Im sure it will be fixed.

nice thing Mindark!

I love the idea but...

Nobody seems to think about the security issues, how long will it take until there is a fake app in the market that will harvest your username/password/pincode and empty your account?

Probably less than a month before we see 1st thread of someones account is hacked even with a Gold Card.

I love the idea but...

Nobody seems to think about the security issues, how long will it take until there is a fake app in the market that will harvest your username/password/pincode and empty your account?

Probably less than a month before we see 1st thread of someones account is hacked even with a Gold Card.

I guess it wont be a problem if the link is in the client loader and MA website .. else.. your asking for it :p

Doesnt work for me :(

After i enter gold card it thinks about it but never goes further. After waiting 5 mins i hit backspace and i got to the contruction screen but no ped card, or item descriptions. Not really much of anything

Rgds

Ace

same glitches on galaxy Sii

no names show up in crafting profession names also blank try and craft and it crashes etc

hmmm maybe I own too much stuff to load? when I try and log in it always just sits there I have to leave the app and re open it and then I see nothing but blank pages and blueprints with no names

This :lolup:

Nevertheless.. I like the idea and the graphics looks somewhat good overall. The user experience leaves a lot to be desired like usual, but this will be improved soon I'm sure.
The app is clearly aimed towards existing players, and with that in mind its a great addition.
It's a low price app, and have a lot of improvement potential, but I'll give thumb's up for the work done so far. More of this! :thumbup:

Nevertheless.. I like the idea and the graphics looks somewhat good overall. The user experience leaves a lot to be desired like usual, but this will be improved soon I'm sure.

Stable development under Android is pain in the ass, since the diversity of hardware manufacturers and, cough, "open" OS model. . That's why it released first, and it's way less important than iOS app.

The app is clearly aimed towards existing players, and with that in mind its a great addition.

The app is clearly aimed towards multi-billion mobile market of "fresh meat". If it would be "addition" - we would get there "chat" instantly, and, erm... taming.

It works and look good on my Samsung galaxy Note II.
Loading takes some time, but that is probably I'm currently connected via crappy edge connection.

I just have one problem! Does it have a zoom function? Can't read that micro letters on my small screen. Would be nice if it have a 2 finger zoom, like most apps have.

But maybe it have that, and i just don't find the way to the zoom :)

It doesn;t seems to have any zoom

On the other side, I can;t get that damn search fuction to work:)

Filter works, I go to weapons-rifles-ranged-BLP and the search for Spirit, but it thinks forever ot showing the results

Also another problem i see is that when you exit menus it doesn;t stops the search/refresh, like when I exist Auction to main Menu, the previuos search for Spirit is still active and if I go to Invetory or something take slonger to show results becose the app is still on that Auction search

I think it would be better if we had a button for stop search/refresh or the app stops the search/refresh automatically when you exit the menu that generated the search/refresh

Sounds pretty handy, and I'm happy to let you Android folk iron out all the kinks before the real thing comes along :D

Couldn't that have been done without MA releasing an app anyway?

As always, vigilance and common sense ftw.

C'mon folks, say your bugs and suggestion here, a developer needs them in order to make a product better:)

Mine are:

-Make search function usable in Auction
-When you filr a category, pressing button takes you directly to main option, that shoulg go back to previous filter
like Items-Weapons-Ranged-Rifle-BLP, pressing back takes you to Filter, should have taken you to Rifle, or make a separate "back" button
-Stop search/refresh when you exit a menu like Auction, or make a button stop search/refresh
-Sometimes I get logged out when searching Auction

do you appear online when using it or offline?
can you chat?

otherwise its offline/anonymous crafting/auctioning?

I am not sure If I like that resellers can now camp auction night and day without even logging in to the game ..

I have tried this out on both my phone and nexus 7 tablet and its definitely way more usable on the larger screen. When me and my hubby both tried it was glitchy to start but his clear up faster than mine so I am pretty sure that its because I own many many times more stuff in game so my database is larger to load. So basically my 250$ tablet which already rocked just became hugely worth the purchase XD

Total A+ rocking awesome handy for kittens!

>^.^<

do you appear online when using it or offline?
can you chat?

otherwise its offline/anonymous crafting/auctioning?

I am not sure If I like that resellers can now camp auction night and day without even logging in to the game ..

I would not worry about that much for now the auction is sllllooooowwwww and a bit painful to sort I am sure most resellers would rather use the normal program

Works perfectly here login GC everything nice grafix too - Samsung SII. An dont worry about it apple (with a small "a" ) folk its prob a bit too complicated for your mob to work it out immediately - but with some help from Android Devs im sure you'll have it in a few months:wise::lolup:

On the surface, I like what they are doing here. But all I can think about is what effect this will have on the economy. It should stimulate buying since players can buy and craft on the go. However being able to craft things on the go might create more competition to sell crafted goods. And since most players just dump whatever they crafted on the market without much regard to what it cost to craft, this could be bad for the crafting profession. I already feel like there isn't enough demand for most crafted goods as it is. What's going to happen when you make it easier for players to add to the supply?

On the plus side, it will likely make crafted goods cheaper for end users, so those players will see a little benefit. But will the potential increase in demand for loot be enough to stimulate players to hunt and mine more? I guess we will see how it plays out...

Two questions:
1) Does it support "double login"? (In other words could you Hunting/Mining in game and login from Android at the same time, Crafting/Browsing Auction?

No it does not.

Back