Unknown feature to me: lootables placed in inventory

Luckycharm

Elite
Society
The Dung Kickers
Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand
Well this is a small story about something I've experienced recently.

I won't post this in the bug section as according to support:
Support said:
"Please note that this is an intended feature and not a bug"
So well. Here goes...

When logging in 2012-12-02 22:31 I was on a mothership in space. When I went in space I carried no lootable stackables to my knowledge. I always check and compact my inventory. Standard procedure ;p

Here comes a flashback...

The day before we had an EUWBC fight, for which I had flown back from the MS, that was on a hunting trip, in a quad to calypso only to find out they would start 10 minutes early and I would miss the whole thing. I had wasted almost an hour of my time. Thought of flying back to the MS but then imagine upon arrival they would warp back lol, no ty... Change of plan.

I decided to land on calypso. Without having done any ped-costing activities I returned to space afterwards around midnight where it just became 2012-12-02 00:00 approx. I still chat in soc and by pm a bit and continue to skill some prior to logging off.

Now is the point where I logged in again... 2012-12-02 22:31.

So we were at RT spacestation when I logged in. On the Normandie mothership. I checked my inventory and with no - to me - obvious reason in my inventory I found lootable stackables. It was 76 Blank cd's and 4 Android Vixen VDU's. Surprised as the day before I did not have this on me. I know they are mine. I recognize them by amount and name as something I had kept in auction for long.

What the hell?! Support case!

And so I filed one.

The bottom line is this:
Support said:
I have found that on 2012-12-01 at 22:49:42 UTC 76 x Blank CD and 4 x Vixen Android Night Scope V.D.U were transferred from the auctioneer to the avatar´s carried inventory after being kept for 365 day in the won section of the auctioneer.
Support said:
"Please note that this is an intended feature and not a bug"

WHAAATT??

I did not click to pick this up from the auctioneer! Here from my chatlog where it would have stated if i had:

chat.log said:
2012-12-01 22:43:13 [Local] [] Jack Cappy Walsh has left the Entropia Universe.
2012-12-01 22:44:13 [Local] [] Ravenclad Raven Darkveil has left the Entropia Universe.
2012-12-01 22:45:00 [Local] [] jealia lovelace lee killed a creature (Leviathan Old) with a value of 1092 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.
2012-12-01 22:48:43 [Local] [] Hope HIDE IsDiEing has joined the Entropia Universe.
2012-12-01 22:48:43 [Local] [] Robert Antonio Paulsen has joined the Entropia Universe.
2012-12-01 22:49:48 [Local] [] Gionni Gunsy Novembri killed a creature (Leviathan Mature) with a value of 410 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.
2012-12-01 22:50:10 [Local] [] Removed waypoint from map (55270,69657,-48).
2012-12-01 22:50:14 [Local] [] Added waypoint to map (83488,68697,-526).
2012-12-01 22:52:30 [Local] [] Removed waypoint from map (83488,68697,-526).

As you can see I was flying in space when this got "refunded" into my inventory!

Any thoughts? LOL! (Bad one isn't it?)

You'll find a thread about this already on the forum, from some months ago, where one of the dev's confirmed that items uncollected from auction will be placed on the players carried inventory after 1yr.

(I'd normally find the thread for you, but I've only limited connection this weekend)

Ah ty ;p

Still it must have slipped here as I never read it and I read a lot lol.

Cool feature. You can buy anything you want on another planet and wait for a year and it will arrive. Sounds like the interplanetary postal service is doing its job. Interstellar snail mail at its best. So everyone on Christmas Day buy something from auction and leave it there, that way you will get a special present next year.

So everyone on Christmas Day buy something from auction and leave it there, that way you will get a special present next year.
Unless you'll be leaving a planet/SS in a quad at the moment, being sure you're flying empty, then it will a special present for someone else :silly2:

Back