Is the decay for mining finders for one enmatter drop or one ore drop?

tbarmike

Old
Society
Omerta
Papa TbarMike Smurf
While trying to calculate the decay for the Island Ziplex Z1 Seeker, it occurred to me that I don't know whether I should be measuring the decay for one ore drop, one enmatter, or both (or treasure hunter, all three etc...).

What does (or should) Entropedias listed decay for a mining finder represent? :confused:

Since the Island Ziplex Z1 Seeker cannot be sold to the trade terminal, I found out that the decay for one enmatter drop is 0.751 pec. I compared it to the (original) Ziplex Z1 Seeker, and saw that the original one had a listed decay of 1.501 pec.

edit: my apologies if this has been covered before.

It seemed rather odd, so checked the decay of the original was exactly the same for one enmatter drop, 0.751 pec.

Consequently I am rather confused. :eyecrazy:

edit: my apologies if this has been covered before

From this I guess it decays for the same amount for ore and enmatter or for the twice amount if you're searching for both at the same time.

After doing a quick test on the (original) Ziplex Z1 Seeker,

1 ore drop = 0.751 pec
1 enmatter drop = 0.751 pec
1 ore and enmatter drop (both) = 1.502 pec

Perhaps the decay for the finder has been changed by MA, and therefore Entropedia should be updated from 1.501 to 0.751 for the Ziplex Z1 Seeker?

I am hesitant to alter the entry without knowing more.

The old school Omegaton detectonators have a listed decay of 0.8 and 1.0 pec, both higher than 0.751
Perhaps other finders need to be re-measured?

Yet another player realises that we need at least some standards on wiki ;).

Even if there would be standards there is still high chance someone will put bad info because he might do fruit test wrongly or try to fill the info without double checking etc. Or stats on items will change (few updates show that this IS happening) and entropiawiki.com becomes place with mix of some good info and bunch of missleading info.

So some time ago i made this thread about MA maintained wiki (at least about all items and their statistics)
<click>

Falagor
:bandit:

After doing a quick test on the (original) Ziplex Z1 Seeker,

1 ore drop = 0.751 pec
1 enmatter drop = 0.751 pec
1 ore and enmatter drop (both) = 1.502 pec

Perhaps the decay for the finder has been changed by MA, and therefore Entropedia should be updated from 1.501 to 0.751 for the Ziplex Z1 Seeker?

I am hesitant to alter the entry without knowing more.

The old school Omegaton detectonators have a listed decay of 0.8 and 1.0 pec, both higher than 0.751
Perhaps other finders need to be re-measured?

It used to be the decay for ores was double than the enmatter
so Z1 for ores used to 1.50 for and 0.75 for z1 enmatters finder
after the merge of ore/enmatter finders all finders adopted enmatter finders decay afaik but in entropedia where kept the ore ones, and now all finders use what it used to be enmatter finders decay, and last time i checked most old finders are still with old decay of ores instead of enmatters

Back