2012 Merry Mayhem Rules & Info

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
It’s time once again for Planet Calypso’s annual winter hunting extravaganza - Merry Mayhem! This year’s event features an expanded prize pool with new prizes - including valuable Calypso Land Deeds - new creatures, and updated rules. Running for 23 days over the Christmas holiday, Merry Mayhem is among the most exciting and popular events in all of Entropia Universe. So grab your best gear and join in the Mayhem!

Event Dates
  • Dec 14: Competition opens at 00:00 UTC.
  • Jan 06: Competition ends 23:59 UTC.
  • Jan 18: Competition winners will be announced.
  • Jan 30: The missions can be turned in to Carl Tucker.
Registration - You can register for the event by accepting either one or both Merry Mayhem missions offered by the NPC Carl Tucker, located near the Port Atlantis marina at the following map coordinates: 61421 x 75105, Eudoria. Registration opens on December 14 and will remain open until the event is finished. Note that there are two separate missions: one mission for the solo event and one mission for the team event.

Do not abandon the Merry Mayhem missions! If you do abandon a Merry Mayhem mission, all event points accumulated up to that time will be lost and will be unable to be replaced.

Categories- The event offers several different competition categories to accommodate players of varying profession levels. Players will be sorted into one of the following four categories upon accepting the Mayhem missions.
  • Category 1: Highest Professional Standing 0-24
  • Category 2: Highest Professional standing 25-49
  • Category 3: Highest Professional standing 50-69
  • Category 4: Highest Professional Standing 70 or higher
Important Note - If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category, you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your old keys (solo participants will not be affected). To continue participating or assisting in a team instance in such a case, you will need to chip out enough combat skills to bring your highest profession level below the effective category criteria.

Participation- When you accept the solo Mayhem mission, you will automatically be placed in the appropriate category and you will receive a stack of keys, each of which entitles you to one hour of gameplay in one of the solo Merry Mayhem instances. The portals to the Merry Mayhem instances are located in Twin Peaks, just to the left of the main Service Center. You will receive 30 keys for the solo event and they will be flagged with your particular category.

If you wish to also participate in one of the team categories or assist someone else there, you will need to register for the team Mayhem mission, also available from the NPC Carl Tucker. While the solo keys only allow you to enter the solo instance specified in the key's name, the team keys allow you to access team instances of a level equal to that which your were assigned, along with all higher levels. Points toward the mission are gained by killing the special Merry Mayhem creatures found inside the instances. The Merry Mayhem prizes will be distributed based on the scoring ranks once the event is completed. Make sure to plan and spend your 30 instance hours wisely!

Important Note - Do not leave an instance once the 60 minute timer has started, or you may risk having problems reentering the instance, and risk losing hunting time in the Merry Mayhem event.

Mayhem Creatures
The Mayhem creatures assigned to each category are:
  • Category 1 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1)
  • Category 2 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,2), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,2)
  • Category 3 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,3), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,3)
  • Category 4 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,4), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,4)
  • Category 1 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,1), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,1)
  • Category 2 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,2), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,2)
  • Category 3 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,3), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,3)
  • Category 4 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,4), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,4)
Points will be awarded to players based on the difficulty of creatures killed:
1 x Point - Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1), (T,2), (T,3), (T,4), (S,1), (S,2), (S,3), (S,4)
2 x Point - Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1), (T,2), (T,3), (T,4), (S,1), (S,2), (S,3), (S,4)

We strongly recommend that you set the adjust your graphics settings and set shader quality to high or very high in order to make sure the lighting in the instances works properly.

Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to the players that accumulate the highest points within each category.
Prizes will be distributed as follows:

Teams
Category 1 Team
1. MM Shins + 2 x Tripudion DNA Sample + Hedoc Mayhem
2. MM Shins + 2 x Cornudos DNA Sample + Isis Project Zero-Three
3. MM Shins + 2 x Foul DNA Sample
4. MM Shins + Hedoc Mayhem
5. MM Shins + 4 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg
6. 1 x CLD + 4 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg
7. 1 x CLD + 3 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg
8. 1 x CLD + 2 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg
9. 1 x CLD + 1 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg
10. Item Naming Rights - Sword
15. Hedoc Mayhem
20. 1 x CLD
25. 1 x Neurobiotic Booster - A5 10mg
50. 1 x Neurobiotic Booster - A5 10mg

Category 2 Team
1. MM Shins + 2 x Snarg DNA Sample + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem
2. MM Shins + 2 x Mermoth DNA Sample + CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.I
3. MM Shins + 2 x Equus DNA Sample
10. Item Naming Rights - BLP Pistol
15. Hedoc Mayhem
20. 1 x CLD

Category 3 Team
1. MM Shins + 2 x Nexnecis DNA Sample + Improved Hedoc Mayhem
2. MM Shins + 2 x Gokibusagi DNA Sample + Omegaton M83 Predator
3. MM Shins + 2 x Mourner DNA Sample
4. MM Shins + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem
10. Item Naming Rights - BLP Rifle
15. Hedoc Mayhem
20. 1 x CLD

Category 4 Team
1. MM Shins + 2 x Osseocollum DNA Sample + Modified Hedoc Mayhem
2. MM Shins + 2 x Scaboreas DNA Sample + DOA Slugstorm
3. MM Shins + 2 x Itumatrox DNA Sample
10. Item Naming Rights - Teleporter
15. Hedoc Mayhem
20. 1 x CLD

Solo
Category 1 Solo
1. MM Shins + 1 x Tripudion DNA Sample + Hedoc Mayhem
2. MM Shins + 1 x Cornudos DNA Sample
3. MM Shins + 1 x Foul DNA Sample
5. MM Shins + 4 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 5mg
6. 1 x CLD + 4 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 5mg
7. 1 x CLD + 3 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 5mg
8. 1 x CLD + 2 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 5mg
9. 1 x CLD + 1 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 5mg
10. Item Naming Rights - Knife
13. Isis Project Zero-Three
15. Hedoc Mayhem
25. 1 x CLD
50. 1 x Neurobiotic Booster - A5 5mg
75. 1 x Neurobiotic Booster - A5 5mg

Category 2 Solo
1. MM Shins + 1 x Snarg DNA Sample + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem
2. MM Shins + 1 x Mermoth DNA Sample
3. MM Shins + 1 x Equus DNA Sample
10. Item Naming Rights - Laser Pistol
13. CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.I
15. Hedoc Mayhem
25. 1 x CLD

Category 3 Solo
1. MM Shins + 1 x Nexnecis DNA Sample + Improved Hedoc Mayhem
2. MM Shins + 1 x Gokibusagi DNA Sample
3. MM Shins + 1 x Mourner DNA Sample
10. Item Naming Rights - Laser Rifle
13. Omegaton M83 Predator
15. Hedoc Mayhem
25. 1 x CLD

Category 4 Solo
1. MM Shins + 1 x Osseocollum DNA Sample + Modified Hedoc Mayhem
2. MM Shins + 1 x Scaboreas DNA Sample
3. MM Shins + 1 x Itumatrox DNA Sample
10. Item Naming Rights - Teleporter
13. DOA Slugstorm
15. Hedoc Mayhem
25. 1 x CLD

**Prize Information
**Neurobiotic Boosters
Each Neurobiotic Booster A5 5mg consumable item increases skill gains in all professions by 50% after being consumed, and lasts for 5 hours of logged-in time. The timer is paused while the avatar who has consumed the booster item is logged out of Entropia Universe. Unconsumed booster items are non-tradable.

Each Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg consumable item increases skill gains in all professions by 50% after being consumed, and lasts for 10 hours of logged-in time. The timer is paused while the avatar who has consumed the booster item is logged out of Entropia Universe. Unconsumed booster items are non-tradable.

Mayhem Hedocs
Hedoc Mayhem (when maxed):
Heal interval: 37.5-50.0
Uses per minute: 28
Decay: 0.05350 PED
Skill requirement: 16-23
Average heal per sec: 20.4
Average heal per pec: 8.2

Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem (when maxed):
Heal interval: 39.8-53.0
Uses per minute: 35
Decay: 0.05000 PED
Skill requirement: 18-22
Average heal per sec: 27.0
Average heal per pec: 9.3

Improved Hedoc Mayhem (when maxed):
Heal interval: 93.0-124.0
Uses per minute: 38
Decay: 0.08000 PED
Skill requirement: 26-30
Average heal per sec: 68.7
Average heal per pec: 13.6

Modified Hedoc Mayhem (when maxed):
Heal interval: 124.5-166.0
Uses per minute: 40
Skill requirement: 33-38
Average heal per sec: 96.8
Average heal per pec: 18.2

Best of luck to everyone participating in the year's Merry Mayhem, and the Planet Calypso and MindArk staffs wish each and every Entropia Universe participant a happy and healthy holiday season!

Originally Posted Here

hm, interesting ...

I like those hedocs!

Important Note - If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category, you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your old keys, you would then have the option of chipping out some skills in order to continue participating in your originally assigned category. Or you can choose to restart the Mayhem mission in the new category, with your score reset to zero.
thought of everything huh Kim...
Will teamscore also be resetted to 0?

(...)
Categories- The event offers several different competition categories to accommodate players of varying profession levels. Players will be sorted into one of the following four categories upon accepting the Mayhem missions.
  • Category 1: Highest Professional Standing 0-24
  • Category 2: Highest Professional standing 25-49
  • Category 3: Highest Professional standing 50-69
  • Category 4: Highest Professional Standing 70 or higher
(...)

So dedicated sweat gatherer has no chance in participating in cathegory 1? It is not possible to chip out SG skill.

Falagor
:bandit:

Questions!

If you go in team and you win... ALL members will get the same winningprice or only 1 member?
And when participating in team-instances... you need to enter it everytime with the same teammembers? What if the people inside team changes?

Looks quite interesting. I'll probably try some sessions out but have other plans for those
weeks... ;)
I only hope same issue I have atm in feff instance doesn't occur, can't leave due to
internal error...:silly2:

May give it a go :D

Hopefully it does not cost the same as a normal hunting session, otherwise Ill last one hour :D

So dedicated sweat gatherer has no chance in participating in cathegory 1? It is not possible to chip out SG skill.

Falagor

Ahh yeah you make a point. My mining skill is way above my hunting skill :D

hummm could be a problem

Subscribing.. :)

What does the Highest level mean, If iam level 100 prospector and level 1 highest combat, do i get placed in cat4 or 1 ? lucky we have so much time clear out all questions :yay:

I am going to assume they mean highest prof in the hunting professions

I am going to assume they mean highest prof in the hunting professions

If you are right - what about mindforce - it is in different "tab" in proffesions? :) 50+ level in mindforce is way stronger than any hunting profession in cathegory 1 under lev 25 ;) (although there is limitation in usefullnes of mindforce up to 55 level - implant border)

Falagor

If you are right - what about mindforce - it is in different "tab" in proffesions? :) 50+ level in mindforce is way stronger than any hunting profession in cathegory 1 under lev 25 ;) (although there is limitation in usefullnes of mindforce up to 55 level - implant border)

Falagor

Ermmm :D

Lets hope MA have thought this through :D

Questions!

If you go in team and you win... ALL members will get the same winningprice or only 1 member?
And when participating in team-instances... you need to enter it everytime with the same teammembers? What if the people inside team changes?
It's not said, but I presume the points are given to the team member who does the highest damage, presumably pre-arranged to be the team leader.

So the prize is given to the player who gets the highest score over 30 instances, and it is for him to arrange how he will compensate the support team members, who might change for each instance.

MA have already said normal team settings apply, so a maximum of 11 support players on each instance.

Araneatrox are not a very suitable mob, particularly for a melee hunter. I can only deal with them by tagging them singly with a Marber. How is a level 24 hunter supposed to deal with a spawn?

Last edited:
Modified Hedoc Mayhem (when maxed):
Heal interval: 124.5-166.0
Uses per minute: 40
Skill requirement: 33-38
Average heal per sec: 96.8
Average heal per pec: 18.2

Prizes are making me salivate, love the new token + instance structure and solo categories. However it seems counter-intuitive to want less skills so I can compete at the max level in a lower category. It would be nice if we could join any category and have all our professions lowered to the max level allowed for the time period we're in the instance.

No "Merry Mayhem 2012 Participation Diploma" anymore for all, who joined the event? :(

Too bad.. I can't hunt aereonatrax comfertably. It simply hits too damn hard for me to handle. Or is it also possible to hunt kerberos without encountering the damn spiders?

Do not abandon the Merry Mayhem missions! If you do abandon a Merry Mayhem mission, all event points accumulated up to that time will be lost and will be unable to be replaced.

What does abandoning means? Cant we hunt anything else in those days?

Nice prizes, but it feels kinda discouraging that places 10, 11, 12 and 14 gets nothing, while 13th place has a very nice weapon as reward.

Reactions: das
Pretty sure those spiders hit way too hard, Kerberos isn't a very common mob so should be fun :rolleyes:

the mayhem hedoc's look great, but im not too crazy about all the DNAs of "not quite as popular" mobs :/

i am curious about the point structure though
"Points will be awarded to players based on the difficulty of creatures killed:
1 x Point - Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1), (T,2), (T,3), (T,4), (S,1), (S,2), (S,3), (S,4)
2 x Point - Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1), (T,2), (T,3), (T,4), (S,1), (S,2), (S,3), (S,4)"

does this mean:
A
Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1)=1 point, (T,2)=1 point, (T,3)=1 point, (T,4)=1 point,
Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,1)=1 point, (S,2)=1 point, (S,3)=1 point, (S,4)=1 point

Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1)=2 points, (T,2)=2 points, (T,3)=2 points, (T,4)=2 points,
Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,1)=2 points, (S,2)=2 points, (S,3)=2 points, (S,4)=2 points

or B
Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1)=1 point, (T,2)=2 points, (T,3)=3 points, (T,4)=4 points,
Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,1)=1 point, (S,2)=2 points, (S,3)=3 points, (S,4)=4 points

Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1)=2 points, (T,2)=4 points, (T,3)=6 points, (T,4)=8 points,
Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,1)=2 points, (S,2)=4 points, (S,3)=6 points, (S,4)=8 points

?

Too bad.. I can't hunt aereonatrax comfertably. It simply hits too damn hard for me to handle. Or is it also possible to hunt kerberos without encountering the damn spiders?

i think kim said some where that these mayhem mobs are not normal they have their own special stats and only share the skins of the Kerberos and Araneatrox.

ill look for the quote

looks like w d roberts found the quote before me :p

Last edited:

In a different thread, didn't Kim|Calypso say that once you are in the instance you could go left to get a certain mob or right to get a certain mob? It sounded like they are separated.

... Looks through old threads... Brb

Araneatrox are not a very suitable mob, particularly for a melee hunter. I can only deal with them by tagging them singly with a Marber. How is a level 24 hunter supposed to deal with a spawn?

Kim mentioned in another thread that these MM versions of the mobs would have different specs than the normal versions but would share the graphics.

Edit: Here's the quote...

The arena is built in the shape of a torus with half of the area alloted to "easy mobs" and half to "hard mobs", each side has three packs of 10 mobs and each pack respawns about 30 seconds after being killed. Killing the hard mobs will be a little more efficient than killing the easy mobs in terms of HP per mission point earned. The mobs themselves have been balanced specifically for this event and don't really have any equivalents out in the regular world although they share graphics with Kerberos and Araneatrox.

Noone said those are the same araneatrox and kerberos.... notice the name is Merry Mayhem... and different for solo and team - so probably have different hp, dmg, regen etc (mayby even dmg type) for each cathegory.

Falagor

Better then imp fap that mod hedoc?

Last edited:
Option A ..

i hope not :/ cuz what would be the point in having larger mobs? other then theoretically better loot? why sacrifice the possible winning event rewards for marginally better loots?

Back