2012 Merry Mayhem Rules & Info

For teams main shooter:
- What happens if you rank up during a 1hr token, and by definition are in a higher cat? Can you chip out after that session and be in same cat as before?

- and what if you shoot for 25hr in cat3 (10k pionts) and after that help out a mate in cat 4 (10points due to critical hits), do you lose your 10k points for cat 3? and only 10 points in cat 4 count? or do you qualify in both categories... its very confusing rules.

Last edited:
For teams main shooter:
- What happens if you rank up during a 1hr token, and by definition are in a higher cat? Can you chip out after that session and be in same cat as before?

You can chip out after the session.

- and what if you shoot for 25hr in cat3 (10k pionts) and after that help out a mate in cat 4 (10points due to critical hits), do you lose your 10k points for cat 3? and only 10 points in cat 4 count? or do you qualify in both categories... its very confusing rules.

If you are in category 3 you will only have the mission objectives for category 3, meaning that you will only gain points for killing category 3 mobs.

You can chip out after the session.

If you are in category 3 you will only have the mission objectives for category 3, meaning that you will only gain points for killing category 3 mobs.

Ok - so you hve answer to question about increasing proffesion level in team. Please answer my question about similar situation in solo. You have probably missed my post - copy:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bertha Bot
(...)
Important Note - If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category, you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your old keys (solo participants will not be affected). To continue participating or assisting in a team instance in such a case, you will need to chip out enough combat skills to bring your highest profession level below the effective category criteria.
(...)

Please clarify this:
so as solo participant i can accept the mission at 49.99 level as highest profesion - i will be assigned to cat 2 - then i can chip in as much as i want (or just skill) and i still will be in cat 2 so in theory i can participate with much higher profesion level.

Thanks

Falagor
:bandit:

I do like the solo and team categories separate.

But I don't like new mobs that are new non iron mission mobs. I'm not even sure the hp/dmg of spiders in category 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.

Land Area owners won't get taxes from shooters choosing to hunt on land areas this year.

It's also looking like there will be a shortage of low/mid lvl L weapons. Hopefully the new mobs loot some of these popular guns.

Do we know if the mob stats are the same as the normal mobs?

is it so?

I suggest anyone who has a question should read the first post again before asking and stop wasting Kims time.

Daymn, wish I could actually participate heh.
Sounds like fun.

But atm I'm working my arse off to be able to atleast get back to a point where I can play again hehe.
Hate RL, sucks sometimes but hey. There is always next year, assuming the Solo event doesn't vanish by next year.
Could be fun to try and do this.

I like the new instances...But I think its a bit boring that its only down to biggest dps weapon...It would be nicer if everybody had the same setup when entering.

This would be cool as an extra category. A tt inside that sells MM weapons and faps and everybody has the same stats and weapons who enters that instance. Like the hub works on cyrene.
Prices would have to be scaled down a bit so the "real" MM instances would still be attractive.

This would be cool as an extra category. A tt inside that sells MM weapons and faps and everybody has the same stats and weapons who enters that instance. Like the hub works on cyrene.
Prices would have to be scaled down a bit so the "real" MM instances would still be attractive.

Interesting idea.. ;)

why not make that into a new event for summer. call it "standardized hunting event"

if everyone had to use the same gun with the same dps, everyone's final scores will be so close together it will be pure lottery for who gets top place, if you sneeze mid mob change you lose

I suggest anyone who has a question should read the first post again before asking and stop wasting Kims time.
And then press the "Dev Posts" link at the top bar to easily find his replies :yup:

And then press the "Dev Posts" link at the top bar to easily find his replies :yup:

I also suggest doing that daily, as people often make posts or threads to ask things that they would know if they did :silly2:

Do we know if the mob stats are the same as the normal mobs?

is it so?

They only share looks and names, their stats are totally different. The Merry Mayhem monsters are balanced towards their particular categories of players.

no they are not the same, they only look the same everything else is different.

Please clarify this:
so as solo participant i can accept the mission at 49.99 level as highest profesion - i will be assigned to cat 2 - then i can chip in as much as i want (or just skill) and i still will be in cat 2 so in theory i can participate with much higher profesion level.

This is very important to me to know this and plan strategy before i accept of course ;).

Falagor

Did this get a clear answer?

Just got an email about Mayhem...
"The prize pool has been greatly expanded and now includes such things as Land Area upgrades, Calypso Land Deeds, Skill Pills, creature DNA, weapons, armor, tools and much, much more!"

Land Area upgrades? Didn't see those on the list.
"much, much more!", Doesn't that list already contain all the prizes? :D

"The prize pool has been greatly expanded and now includes such things as Land Area upgrades, Calypso Land Deeds, Skill Pills, creature DNA, weapons, armor, tools and much, much more!"

They probably mean all DNAs. :)

Those were mentioned separately though. :/

Yep, but I'm not suprised if they see DNA as upgrades, hopefully I'm wrong
thou', and that they do include upgrades to LAs. :)

Yup dont forget about the teleporters either ;)

Nvm now that I look closely at the prizes I don't see them lol, you can see teleporters at Twin Peaks tho... next to auction house.

Really like the solo instance idea this year.
Really only thing I do not like is that I do not really know what creature I will be up against.
I mean, how tough is a "Merry Mayhem Kerberos" ? Or Araneatrox ?
Sure, one could use a scout but would a scout really help ?
Is it the same mob in each category for everyone or does it scale up to your current level ?
Don't see a chance in hell to get a prize, I get in the Top100 for bragging rights it's enough for me, but still would not want to waste a token to find out that I have no chance against a mob. One thing about Merry Mayhem that I liked was the preparation, without knowing what one is against one does not know if one needs more funds to get the right equipment.

I like this system.

I am actually taking part this year :D

Category 1 WOO :D

level 24 in hunting skill so should be good :D

Hopefully I do not blow all my ped in the first hour, no doubt this will happen. But hey may place somewhere :D

They probably meant this:

It's in cat 4 prize.
'cept i was thinking that, that will be some new TP coming in the future, or one of the old ones (not in LA's), pretty silly if you can only name a TP that's on someone's LA. :D

'cept i was thinking that, that will be some new TP coming in the future, or one of the old ones (not in LA's), pretty silly if you can only name a TP that's on someone's LA. :D

But what the power... "pay me now 100k peds or i will name this tp on your LA <This LA sucks - go away from here>" ;)

Falagor

Event started...

Is there still someone that will support that this event is not a 100% DPS guaranteed winner?

so..

Congratz STAR with imp doa t8 who win cat 4 both solo and team and congratz whoever he borrow his weapon to.

Maybe he should also borrow it to some cat 1 2 3 avatar so he win all categorys

except that, the instance system is really great
Current loot in instance doesnt seem insane

but again u just have to choose between spider and kerberos and this is 100% dps after it. Your counter is total damage inflicted and at end the total mob killed.. So i guess we cant track our total score exept calculating ourself :D

Boss mob spawn, apparently randomly, and u got some earth shaking to tell u boss is somewhere around.
This wont really make any difference since dps will make it all.

No "Merry Mayhem 2012 Participation Diploma" anymore for all, who joined the event? :(
BUMP
Anyone seen/have any info about that?

Boss Mob

does anyone know how many points this mob is worth? :confused:

does anyone know how many points this mob is worth? :confused:

Cat 3 boss mob was 10 pts. Not really worth it considering how long it takes to kill. Ofc with better dps, less fapping, the decision might be different.

YAY! Server is currently down for maintenance...40 minutes still left on the instance to completion! FFS! :handjob:

Was there any advance notice!?

Back