Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mr raxxor Swedir
    Society
    Swedish rangers
    Images

EU support? Please..

Funny story.. let me tell it from the beginning.. over 9 months ago I got scammed by <removed>. I of course did as anyone else would have done, wrote a support case letter.

FYI <removed> still play.. but apparently it was her/his "brother" who scammed me.. then got really really sick and .. well whatever, some load of bullshit I don't remeber.

I uploaded chat logs.. etc..
    My first reponse from them was this:
    "Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately you have been the victim of a scam. [..] please rest assured that we will further investigate this issue and that appropriate action will be taken. "

My second response was this after I had asked them what's going on with the investigation:

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We can assure you that we will investigate your report and determine what actions need to be taken in your specific case.

Unfortunately, we can not return items or money lost due to a scam. Since all items in Entropia Universe have a real value we instead advise you to consider filing an official police report about your lost items. If the police contact us, we will cooperate with them and submit all available logs we have.
    [..]

Now, they admit I was scammed.. but say sorry we can't do anything about it? was the PURPOSE of support if not to help the players?

and Entropia item DON'T have a real life value, they are only VALUED by MA..

My reason for writing this post is because I'm getting sick and tired of support NEVER EVER doing anything.. Just today I talked with a new player, he had been scammed for a full set of ghost, a fap 50 and a couple of marcorps by <removed>, but again he got the response.. we can't prove anything or do anything? WTF! how do YOU excpept EU to grow if NEW players and we are treated like SHIT?

I've heard countless people complaining about support, and still.. nothing? I'll end by saying what I wrote in the title of my support case..

Action please!
    Last edited by Serica; 12-17-2012 at 04:22. Reason: Avatar names removed - Rule 2.13

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Az Lammbock Bloodz
    Society
    kAoS
    Images
    It's easy to blame support when in fact you did not pay enough attention/haven't been cautious enough. Since MA cannot know about deals made outside the game (skype, icq, MSN) or other ways of payment besides ingame they came up with the all trades are final rule. If they returned items due to your SC they there would be a big potential of abuse.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mr raxxor Swedir
    Society
    Swedish rangers
    Images
    I see your point of view, but I don't agree in this case, my prive chat logs should have been enough, also the public chat logs i submitted ought to have been enough, believe me..

Still, it's a problem we have to deal with, could we not add some sort of trade agreements in written text the other person has to agree to? support can then just look at that text and make a decision from that.
    Like ingame contracts you can have between other avatars and when they have given back the peds IRL.. or some other way you just press fulfilled.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Az Lammbock Bloodz
    Society
    kAoS
    Images
    If you feel scammed do as MA suggests. Fill a police report and then they can help you.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Crazy Madmax Hellraizer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Az Bloodz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you feel scammed do as MA suggests. Fill a police report and then they can help you.
    Exactly.. take it to the next level, the law can get your items back if it's still possible.. provide all communication that you have. MA have stated in the past that an avatar can be "flagged", not much point in a simple ban for obvious reasons. Get the police knocking their door and they'll shit bricks. Personaly.. i'd try to find a way to track the persons address and knock the door myself.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mr raxxor Swedir
    Society
    Swedish rangers
    Images

rock bottom

Should I really have to do that? it would cost the police more to investigate this than it would to just return my peds.

but again.. it's not about that.. I want them to change the system so support actually can do something about it.. some get their stuff back.. why is that? how can support register normal trade and unnormal?

Sry, you got scammed. I hope the scammer is punished.

However, MA should not give back items/peds from scam victims, imo. Sometimes scams are obvious, but there is grey areas too. And ppl accusing others for scams that never happened or wasn't scams.
    What if you agree to pay 200 peds for an item that is only 100 peds worth? Is it a scam? What if you were told it was worth 220 peds, is it then a scam? What if you were told 2 weeks ago? etc etc etc... Not always that simple.

If MA started playing both detectives, police and judges, taking peds from avatars to give to others, they would have to be very thorough and would soon make a mistake anyway, and give/take peds wrongfully. That'd be a disaster and might even end up in lawsuits and everything.

AND most important of all: MA investigation probably costs 500 peds/hour or something like that. And if it comes to law suits, the price is probably more like 4000 peds/hour. And who will end up paying for all this? WE ARE!

So PLEASE report the scammer to the police. Chances are nothing will happen. But if we just nail 1 of them, it's worth it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Az Lammbock Bloodz
    Society
    kAoS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raxxor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should I really have to do that? it would cost the police more to investigate this than it would to just return my peds.

but again.. it's not about that.. I want them to change the system so support actually can do something about it.. some get their stuff back.. why is that? how can support register normal trade and unnormal?
    This is not WoW and the support is no judge. They can't simply move items around due to the accusation of another avatar. MA stated several times that you should not trust other players nor rent out items/PEDs and that all trades are final. If you had followed this advice you wouldn't have been scammed in the first place. Just pay attention and you don't need support nor police, easy as that. Obiously they don't want to change the system so you better change your attitude.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Aio Dakina
    Society
    Veterans
    Images
    Sorry pal, MA are in the right here.

If you have a case, evidence wise, take it to the police. MA may even back you up if it goes to court with transaction logs etc. However, it's likely that you don't have evidence, either to supply to MA or the police, and therefore there's nothing you can do.

I've been scammed a lot in PE/EU, like 10 times, mainly because I'm quite trusting. Some times it's for 50 ped which I can forget about. Others it was by a trusted soc mate for a VatME + Steel Lady skirt (unique...) for 12k ped. Either way, it's my own fault in my opinion because I had ultimate control over clicking yes to that trade...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Zenzile
    Society
    NVE
    Images
    I hate these drama threads where people whine and cry and blame it all on ma.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast