EU support? Please..

raxxor

Guardian
Society
Swedish rangers
Mr raxxor Swedir
Funny story.. let me tell it from the beginning.. over 9 months ago I got scammed by <removed>. I of course did as anyone else would have done, wrote a support case letter.

FYI <removed> still play.. but apparently it was her/his "brother" who scammed me.. then got really really sick and .. well whatever, some load of bullshit I don't remeber.

I uploaded chat logs.. etc..
My first reponse from them was this:
"Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately you have been the victim of a scam. [..] please rest assured that we will further investigate this issue and that appropriate action will be taken. "

My second response was this after I had asked them what's going on with the investigation:

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We can assure you that we will investigate your report and determine what actions need to be taken in your specific case.

Unfortunately, we can not return items or money lost due to a scam. Since all items in Entropia Universe have a real value we instead advise you to consider filing an official police report about your lost items. If the police contact us, we will cooperate with them and submit all available logs we have.
[..]

Now, they admit I was scammed.. but say sorry we can't do anything about it? was the PURPOSE of support if not to help the players?

and Entropia item DON'T have a real life value, they are only VALUED by MA..

My reason for writing this post is because I'm getting sick and tired of support NEVER EVER doing anything.. Just today I talked with a new player, he had been scammed for a full set of ghost, a fap 50 and a couple of marcorps by <removed>, but again he got the response.. we can't prove anything or do anything? WTF! how do YOU excpept EU to grow if NEW players and we are treated like SHIT?

I've heard countless people complaining about support, and still.. nothing? I'll end by saying what I wrote in the title of my support case..

Action please!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy to blame support when in fact you did not pay enough attention/haven't been cautious enough. Since MA cannot know about deals made outside the game (skype, icq, MSN) or other ways of payment besides ingame they came up with the all trades are final rule. If they returned items due to your SC they there would be a big potential of abuse.

I see your point of view, but I don't agree in this case, my prive chat logs should have been enough, also the public chat logs i submitted ought to have been enough, believe me..

Still, it's a problem we have to deal with, could we not add some sort of trade agreements in written text the other person has to agree to? support can then just look at that text and make a decision from that.
Like ingame contracts you can have between other avatars and when they have given back the peds IRL.. or some other way you just press fulfilled.

If you feel scammed do as MA suggests. Fill a police report and then they can help you.

If you feel scammed do as MA suggests. Fill a police report and then they can help you.

Exactly.. take it to the next level, the law can get your items back if it's still possible.. provide all communication that you have. MA have stated in the past that an avatar can be "flagged", not much point in a simple ban for obvious reasons. Get the police knocking their door and they'll shit bricks. Personaly.. i'd try to find a way to track the persons address and knock the door myself.

rock bottom

Should I really have to do that? it would cost the police more to investigate this than it would to just return my peds.

but again.. it's not about that.. I want them to change the system so support actually can do something about it.. some get their stuff back.. why is that? how can support register normal trade and unnormal?

Sry, you got scammed. I hope the scammer is punished.

However, MA should not give back items/peds from scam victims, imo. Sometimes scams are obvious, but there is grey areas too. And ppl accusing others for scams that never happened or wasn't scams.
What if you agree to pay 200 peds for an item that is only 100 peds worth? Is it a scam? What if you were told it was worth 220 peds, is it then a scam? What if you were told 2 weeks ago? etc etc etc... Not always that simple.

If MA started playing both detectives, police and judges, taking peds from avatars to give to others, they would have to be very thorough and would soon make a mistake anyway, and give/take peds wrongfully. That'd be a disaster and might even end up in lawsuits and everything.

AND most important of all: MA investigation probably costs 500 peds/hour or something like that. And if it comes to law suits, the price is probably more like 4000 peds/hour. And who will end up paying for all this? WE ARE!

So PLEASE report the scammer to the police. Chances are nothing will happen. But if we just nail 1 of them, it's worth it.

Should I really have to do that? it would cost the police more to investigate this than it would to just return my peds.

but again.. it's not about that.. I want them to change the system so support actually can do something about it.. some get their stuff back.. why is that? how can support register normal trade and unnormal?

This is not WoW and the support is no judge. They can't simply move items around due to the accusation of another avatar. MA stated several times that you should not trust other players nor rent out items/PEDs and that all trades are final. If you had followed this advice you wouldn't have been scammed in the first place. Just pay attention and you don't need support nor police, easy as that. Obiously they don't want to change the system so you better change your attitude.

Sorry pal, MA are in the right here.

If you have a case, evidence wise, take it to the police. MA may even back you up if it goes to court with transaction logs etc. However, it's likely that you don't have evidence, either to supply to MA or the police, and therefore there's nothing you can do.

I've been scammed a lot in PE/EU, like 10 times, mainly because I'm quite trusting. Some times it's for 50 ped which I can forget about. Others it was by a trusted soc mate for a VatME + Steel Lady skirt (unique...) for 12k ped. Either way, it's my own fault in my opinion because I had ultimate control over clicking yes to that trade...

I hate these drama threads where people whine and cry and blame it all on ma.

Support will never help with this I'm afraid. You have a few options:

A) Call MA HQ and complain (in a civil tone), perhaps someone there will help you (unlikely).
B) Go to the police. MA will back you up here, but the police might not care.
C) Sue MA. This is your best bet I think.

And, well, D) Buy all the shares in MA and make your own ruling.

ow synd att höra

I hope they dont

Your public logs are 100% useless because they can be easily fabricated. Example: http://i.imgur.com/BjnCY.png

As for the private logs, MA can't be certain that the person logged in on their end was indeed them, and they can't be certain that they didn't change their mind after, or make a different deal outside of Entropia. The policy is shitty, I've lost items because of it before, but if it wasn't in place people would complain about deals and ask for reversals ALL OF THE TIME. It would be abused. So all trades must be final. :(

MA have a little more information than just "when you logged in" e.g. IP.

Additionally, if (big if) the police were bothered, "it wasn't me" won't hold up in an interview. Otherwise, every time someone was busted they'd use the same excuse.

hi raxxor fell sorry for u, but will try to help. :)

Does this guy has a soc ?? if so, did u talked to them ?? is this a high/mid lvl player or a NooB :)confused:)
if somebody used hes account is with hes on risk, otherway the person shouldnt know the pass.:wtg::wtg::wtg:

Try to blame him in public at well known places. maybe he will be shy. or his soc m8s.
make a threat in the forum for active scammers, so they will reduce chances of big deals now and for long.:mad::mad:

if it was more then 1k peds i would atleast contact the cops to see what they say, and if hi had a RL ID i would contact his coutry police.:wise:

iam with u :) Gl and merry christmas

FREE bump

Xiki

I hate these drama threads where people whine and cry and blame it all on ma.

wen something goes wrong in RL what do u say ???
OMG ?? lol

so raxxor is doing the same, blaming MA ;) or should he be quiet and dont let us know his problem :scratch2: ????

LOL

now i may ask why does ppl post things like that besides to help the players ? please can u Just try to figure out some solucions for his problem ?? or its that to difucult :scratch2:

There is difference how support react for scams.

At begining of my career here almost 10 years ago i was scamed as newbie too. Support then take his tame to contact scamer and CONVINCE him to meet me and give items back (as they canot revert trade as all are final acording to EULA). Official MA assistant was asisting that meeting too.

Now MA don't care and all they are doing id copy/paste note about police. They are not aware hpw bad PR they are making themselves by ignoring such accidents.

Now MA don't care and all they are doing id copy/paste note about police. They are not aware hpw bad PR they are making themselves by ignoring such accidents.

Yeah, every player left alone while under scam is a player lost, without considering a scam that haven't consequences means the scammer will be back with more ppl in future.

Told this trades are finals and everyone should know it and be prepared to "accidents" before sharing items

It's easy to blame support when in fact you did not pay enough attention/haven't been cautious enough. Since MA cannot know about deals made outside the game (skype, icq, MSN) or other ways of payment besides ingame they came up with the all trades are final rule. If they returned items due to your SC they there would be a big potential of abuse.

Imho all trades should be done ingame, only exception being in people you really trust.

If you follow MAs recommendations to always use trade window, then reversed trades are no bigger problem if it's not things that have been used up (PEDs, skill implants). If it's PEDs it can possibly be reversed further up the "trade chain".

I know my peds are gone..

I've realized my peds are gone and are not going to be returned to me, also I might be wrong but isn't the support run by the planet partners? Did the problem not araise when MA gave them the responsiblility ? feels as if the support did much better a couple of years ago.

What I'm asking for is solutions, can't we make changes?

It's a problem we have to deal with sooner rather than later.

I've realized my peds are gone and are not going to be returned to me, also I might be wrong but isn't the support run by the planet partners? Did the problem not araise when MA gave them the responsiblility ? feels as if the support did much better a couple of years ago.

What I'm asking for is solutions, can't we make changes?

It's a problem we have to deal with sooner rather than later.

The problem is common sense, poor judgement, anonymity, greed etc.

Simple quick scams have been tried and succeeded, elaborate long-term scams have been tried and succeeded. Rule number one is to never risk anything that you can't afford to lose. Since this is a RCE, its not that different to RL. There will be people attracted by greed in both, with the bonus of anonymity in this universe. The result of a scam has to be taken up with your police authority. If you are in your hotel and your room gets burgled, do you ask the hotel to sort it out, no, you go to the police. Its the same thing, the hotel/MA will cooperate with the police as required.

I'll pass on the topic of police taking an RCE seriously tho :/ ( I guess they wouldn't, just my opinion tho)

I got hacked in the past, before I had a gold card. I didn't get anything back either.. but fortunately on my first hunt, there was something worth 1000 peds in loot.. Maybe you should go out hunting...

"Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately you have been the victim of a scam. [..] please rest assured that we will further investigate this issue and that appropriate action will be taken. "

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We can assure you that we will investigate your report and determine what actions need to be taken in your specific case.

Unfortunately, we can not return items or money lost due to a scam. Since all items in Entropia Universe have a real value we instead advise you to consider filing an official police report about your lost items. If the police contact us, we will cooperate with them and submit all available logs we have.
[..]

Now, they admit I was scammed.. but say sorry we can't do anything about it? was the PURPOSE of support if not to help the players?

Since they admit it, send another ticket... Do file a police report, but also keep hounding them at MA. Here's a couple of quotes from tou that might be helpful.

http://legal.entropiauniverse.com/legal/terms-of-use.xml
c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

g. You may not use the Entropia Universe to engage in any misleading or deceptive activity.

Scammers interfere with your ability to use and enjoy and also are misleading and deceptive. In theory, those two rules can/should/might get MA to ban the scammer and/or undo the trades?

Mindark does listen, but sometimes you have to repeat yourself a few times. A police report and/or letter from a lawyer (depending on how much was involved in the scam and if it's worth that much to you) probably will get MA to do more.

Honestly, it's bullcrap like this that thinks MA ought to get sued itself for false advertising...

Save a copy of this page and give it to your lawyer when you are talking to him about the case (download it because by the time Mindark reads this they will probably delete that page)
http://www.entropiaplatform.com/entropia-platform/security/
MindArk aims to provide the safest online entertainment environment available. Safety and security is highly prioritized and MindArk has implemented functions on several levels to ensure this. Both Planet Partners and the participants on the planets should always feel safe in their endeavors in Entropia Universe.
Since they are allowing a scam, they are not enabling you to ''feel safe" in your endeavors.

Big brother MA..

I got hacked in the past, before I had a gold card. I didn't get anything back either.. but fortunately on my first hunt, there was something worth 1000 peds in loot.. Maybe you should go out hunting...

995_zinc.jpg

funny thing is.. I got this .. the second I tabbed back after posting this :laugh:

I want to clearify a few things.. :
- I understand I did something stupid.. I've learned my leason..
- I'm suggesting we find a solution to this problem.. for example ingame contracts support can look at if this happens?

It feels like this issues got resolved a couple of years ago.. what changed? I can give you more examples showing how poor of a job support actually do.. please.. you have dedicated players in this game.. don't let it be ruined by scammers!

There is a solution: don't trust anyone. No trades without payment and double checking = no scamming. Easy as that I think.

I've realized my peds are gone and are not going to be returned to me, also I might be wrong but isn't the support run by the planet partners? Did the problem not araise when MA gave them the responsiblility ?

I believe that's incorrect. MA is the only one that can investigate scamming or anything else that has to do with logs, and they're the only ones that can ban players. The PP can certainly bring issues or problem players to the attention of MA better than an end user can, if they believe there is a problem.

support?

sorry MA, the police in the US do not want anything to do with this game, they insist its nothing more than a gambling game like a poker site. <i checked with a few good friends... 1 cop, 1 judge>

and the fact its not on the US shores, means the Local cops <which are the only ones who would listen> cant do anything about virtual theft.

if anyone has had a police report work..... please put your 2 pec in

995_zinc.jpg

funny thing is.. I got this .. the second I tabbed back after posting this :laugh:

I want to clearify a few things.. :
- I understand I did something stupid.. I've learned my leason..
- I'm suggesting we find a solution to this problem.. for example ingame contracts support can look at if this happens?

It feels like this issues got resolved a couple of years ago.. what changed? I can give you more examples showing how poor of a job support actually do.. please.. you have dedicated players in this game.. don't let it be ruined by scammers!

OMG that 2x 1000 ped loots show how bad is MA financial condition. Few years back when i was scammed i got 6000 ped n00b mining tower with TT finder as compensation...now they are giving only 1000 peds ? Shame :/

OMG that 2x 1000 ped loots show how bad is MA financial condition. Few years back when i was scammed i got 6000 ped n00b mining tower with TT finder as compensation...now they are giving only 1000 peds ? Shame :/
Oh noes, the sky, the sky! It's falling. :eyecrazy:

Or maybe they were scammed for only 1000 peds. Or maybe the good loot were just luck. :dunno:

Mindark says exactly what you should do to work this thing out, and you still make a thread like this? What is the point of this? To let everyone know that you do trades that you want back out later(EULA states that all trades are final, and if you give something out without receiving anything, it is still a trade). You want your items back, i get it, but mindark dont know if maybe you agreed outside the game other payment method or something, they cant give you someone else belongings just cause you say something.
I have been accused of scamming, usually by noobs, usually i reverse the trade, to keep em happy, but if they come back like three weeks after i cant do anything. But imagine what would happen if mindark would start giving out my stuff when some noob feels cheated? Then i would accuse all participants in the trades i have done, which would have profited me more in these days.

Yeah you were scammed, but as long as mindark doesnt have legal basis to give out the scammer stuff to you, you cant blame them, but yourself. You were told to contact police. Do it!

Back