Info: Colorer List

Status
Level 6 colouring now (from only colour matching and fashion skill). Got 5 ped colouring chip on auction.

I might skill up again in the future.

Thanks for running the list.

Rick

Hi,

I have been skilling colouring since 2007, mainly using paints that I looted.
But I also chipped in some points. Have not done much with texturing and tailoring, but planning
to skill those up soon.

Just hit level 21 colorer but not offering any services, still too busy with my hunting skills. :laugh:
When I like the result ? Then it will go on auctions.

heh colourer level 5 >.<;

Colourer seems easy enough to level... but jesus heck and bum... Texture seems like nightmare to level >_< any tips ?

Colourer seems easy enough to level... but jesus heck and bum... Texture seems like nightmare to level >_< any tips ?

no tipps, its slow and awful :ahh:

I know a fast way .....

Buy the skills - I have some for sale.

FINALLY maxed brown @ lev 19 colouring :D

jay :)

Ty Nadie, and gz to you too!

Lev 20 in texuring, now.

Maxed Saba :)

Lev 20 in texuring, now.

Maxed Saba :)

oops , no, i tell a lie!

I still haven't maxed Saba, just checked. I'll let you know when I do. The list says maxed at lev 20.0, and on every occasion where it was a little bit out before, it's needed adjusting in the downwards direction. First time it needs adjusting in upwards direction.

Btw , I've got the adjusted list on post # 4 of my service thread. All figures below 20 have been checked and adjusted as I skilled up.

:silly2: no problem, you will have it maxxed in no time :wtg:

Btw , I've got the adjusted list on post # 4 of my service thread. All figures below 20 have been checked and adjusted as I skilled up.

Some of those numbers are a tad high? not by much though, 0.1 lvl difference on most compared to the levels I maxxed them at. (Gen leather you have 13.6 for example and I maxxed that between lvl 13.4965 and lvl 13.5023 = 13.5) I verified most with high accuracy in order to pin them down to two decimals for my own list (up to lvl 19 confirmed with paints)

But the equation I posted in Summer's thread a few years ago (rec. level x 1.1)+2.5 = max level works for every texture/paint up to lvl 15 reccomended = 19 to max.
(The only exception that I came across when skilling up was Large woven cotton texture, because it's lvl 9.23 to unlock it and not lvl 9.2 as stated in the info in game so it maxxes at 12.65 instead of 12.6)

The problem is I never had enough data from higher levels that have been confirmed to come up with an equation that would work for all levels..... =(
And no one has confirmed any max level for the higher paints/textures since I came up with the <19 max equation. Which does not hold for higher levels as the real max level equation is most likely not linear. (a very long time ago someone posted rec. lvl 17 takes lvl 21.85 which would support that theory... so the equation doesn't work at higher levels)

I know Summer used my base equation to also predict the higher levels untill someone could really confirm them, as it was probably more accurate than all the estimates we had before (and the difference was only a couple of levels), but without more data.... higher levels are estimates could be off by quite a bit.

It would really help if a few 20+, 30+, 40+ max levels could be confirmed so we could predict the rest better =)

Coloring 29.8 texture 26.2

Some of those numbers are a tad high? not by much though, 0.1 lvl difference on most compared to the levels I maxxed them at. (Gen leather you have 13.6 for example and I maxxed that between lvl 13.4965 and lvl 13.5023 = 13.5) I verified most with high accuracy in order to pin them down to two decimals for my own list (up to lvl 19 confirmed with paints)

Hey :)

Well, I can think of two things that might account for the difference:

First- and most importantly- where I maxed a texture at some point between two intervals, I always rounded up, not down. My reason for this is that the main use for these lists is to help people decide how many enhancers to use. I note that the system can be very unforgiving of even the tiniest shortfall in skill,so I'm sure that people would prefer not to round down the number of enhancers required.

I don't know if others employed the same rounding -off policy. I assumed that they would...but possibly not?

Secondly, I , ummm, only recently realised I could use "orders" in auction to check against the textures. So sometimes I was stuck for texture to check against as I was on the "run up" to maxing a texture *blush*. I made strenuous efforts to check that the texture really was maxed at the level given on the lists (for the reason given above) but i might have missed it being maxed a bit early once or twice.

I know Summer used my base equation to also predict the higher levels untill someone could really confirm them, as it was probably more accurate than all the estimates we had before (and the difference was only a couple of levels), but without more data.... higher levels are estimates could be off by quite a bit.

It would really help if a few 20+, 30+, 40+ max levels could be confirmed so we could predict the rest better =)

I see. OK, I'll try to be as accurate as possible from now on, though it isn't always possible to give the 2nd decimal (can sometimes go up by more than 1% on a big job)

As a start: I've now maxed Saba somewhere between 20.07 and 20.0965 (not including lower boundary)

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hey :)

I see. OK, I'll try to be as accurate as possible from now on, though it isn't always possible to give the 2nd decimal (can sometimes go up by more than 1% on a big job)

As a start: I've now maxed Saba somewhere between 20.07 and 20.0965 (not including lower boundary)

Hope this helps!

Thanks Jay, and grats on maxxing saba! =)
2 decimals would be very usefull for me to try and find the equation that would work for all levels. but even one decimal for higher levels would be great though.
Because I'm guessing past the 20's we'll start to see differences of almost a full level or even more... Navy used to be listed as 23 a few years ago, adjusted to 23.4, but as you just confirmed saba at 20.1, I'm guessing Navy would be closer to lvl 24.
But the enhancer amounts needed are based on the old max level list, and almost all of those level estimates have been increased already.... for most <19 textures the old levels have been boosted by 2+ full levels.... so theoretically, we should already be using more enhancers as needed when we use the same 10/level lacked estimate these days.

Now... when it comes to enhancer usage I'm a complete noob lol.
But, if even with the current increased levels enhancers will not suffice, maybe it's also the amount of enhancers that might need some adjustment? (does +1 extra always work for you?)
I'll just keep refering players to you, Xany, Kitten, Zunami, Leeloo and Summer for things above my skill =) Cheaper for the customers if no enhancers are needed, and you all offer great service =)

But I guess for me that would also be the main usefullness of this list, for players to quickly be able to check who has high enough natural skills to be able to apply a material without needing any enhancers. Because at 15-50ped/field extra costs for every level lacked, I think it's always better to refer players to someone with higher skills who can apply it a lot cheaper.

Edit: And as an important side reason... As far as I have heard, 10 enhancers per level will give a result very close to 100%, but often not 100%. That's at least the info I got from Masha's old texturing website from ~5 years ago.
Are any high level texturers able to confirm that? Or is that info wrong and can we actually guarantee 100% results now with the current level estimates and 10 enhancers per level lacked?
I am very curious about it but it's beyond the abilities of my pedcard to test enhancer amounts needed to always ensure a 100% result.

Sorry for the long post, but Jay... you got me curious about the enhancer # now hihi =)

Last edited:
Edit: And as an important side reason... As far as I have heard, 10 enhancers per level will give a result very close to 100%, but often not 100%. That's at least the info I got from Masha's old texturing website from ~5 years ago.
Are any high level texturers able to confirm that? Or is that info wrong and can we actually guarantee 100% results now with the current level estimates and 10 enhancers per level lacked?
I am very curious about it but it's beyond the abilities of my pedcard to test enhancer amounts needed to always ensure a 100% result.

I never guarantee 100% success when using enhancers. I do get 100% most of the time, but it goes to 98-99% as well. I always warn people that it might not come out 100%. Even with the success bar maxed out I would still get 98%. Don't think I've ever gotten lower than 98% when using the recommended amount of enhancers (10 per level missing).

Those maxed high levels are estimates only. So even if the "10 per level" is correct I might be a couple enhancers short (cause of the estimates) and that's where the success difference comes from.

Its hard to confirm those high levels cause it gets expensive and very very slow. I'm sure Leeloo agrees with that :)

I don't believe it! I've now maxed the lev 16.0 textures (Combibo, Songkra, Hebredite) at lev 20.1284! Can't quote a lower limit, as this is the first time I've checked them. Wasn't expecting them so soon after Saba!

Dessy, can you get an accurate figure for entering SIB on these textures? Either these are actually very close, but got rounded off in different directions, or else, ummm, the graph loooks like a concertina :D

I never guarantee 100% success when using enhancers. I do get 100% most of the time, but it goes to 98-99% as well. I always warn people that it might not come out 100%. Even with the success bar maxed out I would still get 98%. Don't think I've ever gotten lower than 98% when using the recommended amount of enhancers (10 per level missing).

Thank you very much for the info Summer!

I don't believe it! I've now maxed the lev 16.0 textures (Combibo, Songkra, Hebredite) at lev 20.1284! Can't quote a lower limit, as this is the first time I've checked them. Wasn't expecting them so soon after Saba!

Dessy, can you get an accurate figure for entering SIB on these textures? Either these are actually very close, but got rounded off in different directions, or else, ummm, the graph loooks like a concertina :D

Grats Jay!
I'm closing in on lvl 15 atm, I'll confirm the SIB unlock for those textures when I get there =)
They are probably very close indeed, I've noticed MA always rounds them and that can make a 0.05 difference on the reccomended level, which is enough to make a 0.1 (rounded) difference on the needed max level.
Great to know the lvl 16 ones are very close to the expected lvl 20.10 though... that could mean maybe the higher level estimates aren't that far off.

The one level that caused me to think that high levels could be way higher then we currently have them listed at is the lvl 17 paints having been confirmed at 21.85 before, while my calculated estimation was only lvl 21.20
So that makes the graph really weird. I'm starting to think now that that confirmed level might just be wrong, if not..... the concertina is about to really get started and the max needed levels we'll encounter next will be making one huge jump up.
At the rate you're skilling up you'll probably get there before I do to confirm it (I'm at ~19.5 coloring).

Here's the graph so far for paints/textures up to lvl 20 rec.:
maxlevels.jpg

Last edited:
ty, Dessy :)

Great work with that graph! Personally, I think we can safely assume that one outstanding value is wrong, given that everything lines up beautifully above and below it! But I'll keep my eyes open ofc.

Some more data for you: Cornundos maxed between 20.25 and 20.2774
SIB for Daiki begins between 20.2209 and 20.2302. That should help get a nice accurate max value! (I won't often get it that accurate. I was skilling with paint at the time :D)

In second post I started a small collection of useful websites/Threads about customization, pls if you have more tipps post them and I add them there

Infos / Guides / Pictures of Customization

Thanks to Akbar for supplying images of textures in Texture Chart

Pictures of Calypso Paints/Textures also applied on basic clothes in WoCaT (World of Colors and Textures)

Small guide how it all works http://color-service.info/guide.html

Since yet more clothing bugs have appeared, and few are getting fixed, I've started to complile a full list, and overview in the bugs section. Help from fellow designers will be much appreciated!

Oh! and Dessy! I found I'd maxed Terrycloth at 20.2934. I have no lower limit to quote but I should think my previous max would serve, since SIB forTerrycloth is 10% of a level above previous texture, Cornundos (see my post on previous page). Thus, logically, it must max somewhat later, even if difference might be tiny (due to rounding off of SIB)

Just reached level 20 colouring :). update, please

Now level 27 Material Designer and still 29.9 in coloring >^.^<

lev 21 texturing. And I have some mor data for Dessy... once i find my notes

sorry was offline for a bit over 2 weeks due to sickness and vacation, updated now. gz for your level ups :)

little reminder: In second post I started a small collection of useful websites/Threads about customization, pls if you have more tipps post them and I add them there

Infos / Guides / Pictures of Customization

Thanks to Akbar for supplying images of textures in Texture Chart

Pictures of Calypso Paints/Textures also applied on basic clothes in WoCaT (World of Colors and Textures)

Small guide how it all works http://color-service.info/guide.html

Tyvm , Leeloo.

For Dessy: Exa texture maxes at level 21.01, to be precise! (ie. before 20.0045 and after 20.0090)
And I have some interesting info on Striped Frote and Bery textures: their starting level is not exactly the same! SIB for Striped Frote started sooner than Bery SIB, though they do indeed come to same figure once rounded off. This will impact on maxing levels ofc. (I'm still hunting for the figures I noted though)

Both Corria and Caudatergus textures maxed by 21.2281. Last time checked was slightly before 21.2, and was still in SIB. Figure in list is 21.3 . Since it really does seem wise to round up. not down, I'd call that figure correct ;)

Those maxed high levels are estimates only. So even if the "10 per level" is correct I might be a couple enhancers short (cause of the estimates) and that's where the success difference comes from.

Its hard to confirm those high levels cause it gets expensive and very very slow. I'm sure Leeloo agrees with that :)

i'VE BEEN THINKING AND THINKING ABOUT THIS
(bugger it. wrote that several times an pressed capslock by accident every time :laugh:)

Suppose Dessy's formula is accurate (very convincing so far)
And suppose that 1 enhancer per 1/10th level is also accurate

There are still a few posible explanations for the disparities

The first is purely mathematical:

I've just discovered a new texture called Exasperite Texture, which starts its SIB period at lev 26.55 (or maybe just a teeny bit below)
MA of course rounds that down to recommended level: 26.5 (yes , they really do. We found that much out)
Now, applying Dessy's formula to my discovery, I find it maxes at lev 31.705.

You, however, only know what's written on the texture , so you apply Dessy's formula, find it maxes at level 31.65, which you round down to 31.6.

Our 0.05 difference has turned into a 0.105 difference. So you now need two more enhancers than you think

Yep, even that extra little 0.005 disparity can be fatal, since the system can be very unforgiving of tiny shortfalls, eg I got about 95% once, just through applying a stack that was 1 texture short. ie 322 , not 323. Yes, it was a texture that I'd maxed)

There are also those rare, totally random fails , of course (Just because we all compromise on the cast-iron 904 paints/textures :laugh:)
And there's human error.: miscalculation; putting the wrong stack in, etc.

Do you think that these factors, all taken together, could explain it?

And what can we do? We can always round up our own figures (apart from our level. Round that down instead) but we can't make MA do the same. I think that we'll just have to assume that MA rounded down, unless we happen to know otherise, and apply the formula to our adjusted "recommended level". Then round up the result. The resulting "maxed" figure would then always err on the "safe side" if it erred at all.

it's not much, but I just hit 9 in design and 6 in coloring yesterday. Is it possible to add myself to this list of awesome people? :D I do offer free services on arkadia if that can be added ^^

i'VE BEEN THINKING AND THINKING ABOUT THIS
(bugger it. wrote that several times an pressed capslock by accident every time :laugh:)

Suppose Dessy's formula is accurate (very convincing so far)
And suppose that 1 enhancer per 1/10th level is also accurate

There are still a few posible explanations for the disparities

The first is purely mathematical:

I've just discovered a new texture called Exasperite Texture, which starts its SIB period at lev 26.55 (or maybe just a teeny bit below)
MA of course rounds that down to recommended level: 26.5 (yes , they really do. We found that much out)
Now, applying Dessy's formula to my discovery, I find it maxes at lev 31.705.

You, however, only know what's written on the texture , so you apply Dessy's formula, find it maxes at level 31.65, which you round down to 31.6.

Our 0.05 difference has turned into a 0.105 difference. So you now need two more enhancers than you think

Yep, even that extra little 0.005 disparity can be fatal, since the system can be very unforgiving of tiny shortfalls, eg I got about 95% once, just through applying a stack that was 1 texture short. ie 322 , not 323. Yes, it was a texture that I'd maxed)

There are also those rare, totally random fails , of course (Just because we all compromise on the cast-iron 904 paints/textures :laugh:)
And there's human error.: miscalculation; putting the wrong stack in, etc.

Do you think that these factors, all taken together, could explain it?

And what can we do? We can always round up our own figures (apart from our level. Round that down instead) but we can't make MA do the same. I think that we'll just have to assume that MA rounded down, unless we happen to know otherise, and apply the formula to our adjusted "recommended level". Then round up the result. The resulting "maxed" figure would then always err on the "safe side" if it erred at all.

ya, pretty good theory and sounds about right.

Status
Back