Count0

Alpha
Society
ROUA
Don Roberto Roberto
8 runs with under 50% return
8 runs without a single global
8 runs with a few pedders yulebots
8 runs with case still open about bugs, and I still don`t know if I can go in team instances again
$150 lost for a couple of hours playing at level 2 instances! (and it`s not above my level, I`m lvl 40 laser/blp hit, going with super eco setups)
with $150 you can feed a family for a month in a poor country
why on earth should we spend them on a low quality, no fun service??
do we have some dignity? do we have some self-respect??
all your opinions are wellcome

Hmm I finished the first 10 keys now in cat 2 using extremely uneco setup (overarmor,high mu weapons,dmg enhancers). I still need to do a final tally on my returns so far but I've had quite a few runs with close to or more then 100% returns... mu is also alot better then I've seen on caly in ages.

The only issue I have had so far has to do with the game crashing... lost about 1/4 of a key so far because of this. I would like the timer to pause if you leave the instance (crash etc), othe then that thigs are goin well so far.

Noone required you to take part in MM this year, if you do it's your own choice.

Some people will do well, some won't.

Just like anything that happens in EU .. or in RL for that matter.

The only thing that makes a difference between having fun and not having fun doing something is your own attitude .. and the only person that can do anything about that is you.

Noone required you to take part in MM this year, if you do it's your own choice.

Some people will do well, some won't.

Just like anything that happens in EU .. or in RL for that matter.

The only thing that makes a difference between having fun and not having fun doing something is your own attitude .. and the only person that can do anything about that is you.

with all due respect...
talking about RL, when you go to a respected amusement park, you expect to pay for fun and/or services, not to be pick-pocketed by the owners of the park...
and when someone is pick-pocketed, you don`t say: "it was your choice to come here, and it is your fault, and your atitude"....
can I also please have my original thread title restored? the title "worst MM ever?" was a simple question, asking for answers and opinions, like the rest of my post
I`m still waiting for other opinions, mostly to my main questions: do we have some dignity, some self-respect?
thanks,
R.

Funnily enough, I've never gone to an amusement park expecting to make a profit, and a few hours in an amusement park here would cost about the same as you've spent on MM.

MM has cost you exactly as much as you've chosen to put into it. You could have left any of the instances at any time. As others have pointed out, some players are doing fairly well out of MM, some are not, some are about even - just as anyone would expect. Not everyone is going to come out ahead.

Changing the title of your thread was an alternative to simply closing it. Try making some constructive suggestions instead of trying to create a 'whine-in'.

It sounds like you have been unlucky. I am doing Cat 3 Solo. Have had a couple of runs with no globals but overall (for 9 runs) I think I have around 20. Loot on the yulebots is always going to be swingy given to the low numbers killed. I haven't globalled on them but I did loot one low TT mayhem sword (which I can't use) so I guess that counts as a silent global assuming I can get a decent price for it.
I would suggest to stay away from yulebots if you are worried about guarenteed TT returns. The attraction with them is the possibility for some interesting items.

$150 lost for a couple of hours playing at level 2 instances! (and it`s not above my level, I`m lvl 40 laser/blp hit, going with super eco setups)

Be interested to know what gear you are using. Not everyone agrees what constitutes eco. Given your <50% return quote then you are spending $300 on ammo and decay in a couple of hours - sounds like some reasonably high dps gear given your level.

If you aren't having fun then do something else. I'm having fun, thats why I play.

do we have some dignity? do we have some self-respect??
I thought this was rhetorical but you mentioned it again later. With respect, it's a stupid question. Participation in MM has nothing to do with these attributes. It's your choice to play or not. If you feel it is costing you too much then the sensible decision is to stop.

I was in for the fun, not for the prices, as I said I`m also going super-eco, I`m using breer p5 (I have them since they were 105%) + xr70 amp (got them at 110%), no enhancers, wich isn`t high dps, and it`s eco

I did some quick calculations using entropedia.

With that gear and MU, it's costing you around 897 ped in ammo and decay (not including defensive costs) for 2 hours non-stop shooting.
if you lost 150 ped that appears to be around 83% return.

How doesn it end up less than 50%?

Edit - Serica wrote to me to point out some errors in my reasoning (and reading comprehension), but even after that I am a little confused, lol. OP wrote "$150 lost for a couple of hours playing at level 2 instances!" which is of course 1500 ped. But that's more than the cost to use the weapon for two hours. Hang on. Obviously I'm missing something.

Last edited:
I did some quick calculations using entropedia.

With that gear and MU, it's costing you around 897 ped in ammo and decay (not including defensive costs) for 2 hours non-stop shooting.
if you lost 150 ped that appears to be around 83% return.

How doesn it end up less than 50%?

setup: kobold +2a (some1 else already mentioned the posibility for kerbs to inflict some cold dmg), I receive 1 (!)
dmg/hit from most of them,and the decay is extremely low, under 20 peds/run, not here is the problem, T20(L) maxed, (wich I don`t really need to use, maybe 10 times/run if I want to try a few spiders), so healing cost is extremely low aswell, P5 (L) + xr70 (L)
the problem is not in my setup, it`s the loot: it wasn`t 2 hours, it was 8 hours shooting, and the 50% return runs were the good ones, I had runs coming back with 100-120 peds tt worth of loot after 300 peds ammo spent...
again, I wasn`t in for the MM prices, p5 will not bring me any price... I was in just trying to have fun and a different experience
also, I was hoping my questions wouldn`t sound stupid... let`s imagine the next situation
we see some1 getting robbed on the street.. we have 4 choices:
1.turn around and let the thief do what he wants
2.try to help the victim and stop the thief from robbing other ppl
3.accuse the victim for being robbed... :)
4.offer our own wallet to the thief... :)
again, my main questions were: do we have some dignity and self-respect?

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I've never gone to an amusement park expecting to make a profit, and a few hours in an amusement park here would cost about the same as you've spent on MM.

MM has cost you exactly as much as you've chosen to put into it. You could have left any of the instances at any time. As others have pointed out, some players are doing fairly well out of MM, some are not, some are about even - just as anyone would expect. Not everyone is going to come out ahead.

Changing the title of your thread was an alternative to simply closing it. Try making some constructive suggestions instead of trying to create a 'whine-in'.

I have to say it again, I wasn`t in for the prices (profit), I was in for the fun and a new experience, I wouldn`t expect to come ahead with a breer p5 :)
I already decided to stop.
It wouldn`t be exactly fair to close it, I just posted simple facts about my negative returns, same as the thread about positive returns... and there are some positive suggestions behind the lines... like the ones related to support....

setup: kobold +2a (some1 else already mentioned the posibility for kerbs to inflict some cold dmg), I receive 1 (!)
dmg/hit from most of them,and the decay is extremely low, under 20 peds/run, not here is the problem, T20(L) maxed, (wich I don`t really need to use, maybe 10 times/run if I want to try a few spiders), so healing cost is extremely low aswell, P5 (L) + xr70 (L)
the problem is not in my setup, it`s the loot: it wasn`t 2 hours, it was 8 hours shooting, and the 50% return runs were the good ones, I had runs coming back with 100-120 peds tt worth of loot after 300 peds ammo spent...
again, I wasn`t in for the MM prices, p5 will not bring me any price... I was in just trying to have fun and a different experience
also, I was hoping my questions wouldn`t sound stupid... let`s imagine the next situation
we see some1 getting robbed on the street.. we have 3 choices:

Thanks for clarifying on the costs. Serica alsio wrote to me and I edited my post a little as a result. It definately sucks that you are having some bad luck.

As for the rest of your post. Well you arent being robbed. It's not a good analogy. But if you are doing the event to have fun and you aren't having any, then stop.

To answer your main questions for myself only, no and yes.

:dunno:Its no secret this is the "most expensive game " on the planet earth to play.MM is designed to leave you:broke::cussing::banghead:Soon the chosen ones with thier uber dps will show up to claim your ped! :duh:

I'm doing Cat 3 solo and am well in front with profit. Done 5 instances now. Worst one was 150 ped profit, but I profit hunting normally. Oh and if anyone says anything about low dps, I'm getting between 220 and 230 points per instance.

Can we see the breakdown of cost vs loot (tt) for each of your runs please? (if you dont know, then i call bullshit on 8 runs less than 50%)

Rgds

Ace

I'm doing Cat 3 solo and am well in front with profit. Done 5 instances now. Worst one was 150 ped profit, but I profit hunting normally. Oh and if anyone says anything about low dps, I'm getting between 220 and 230 points per instance.

off topic, but out of curiocity, what are you using for 200+ points per hour ?

I don't see how a dpp of roughly 2.852 you can call that eco hunting...

I've only ever hunted with low dpp once in my EU life & never again...
I`m using breer p5 (I have them since they were 105%) + xr70 amp (got them at 110%)...

please read all the facts and do your maths carefully, before posting, mate
actually, according to entropedia, it`s 2.873
I have a few options of better dpp, but most of them come with higher dps (+ higher MU) aswell.. now considering the low hp and low regen of T2 kerbs, a higher dps wouldn`t necessarily increase the overall economy of the kill, because of the overkilling cost... p5 IS eco, try it
even with this difference of eco from 2.873 to 2.9+ dpp, you can`t explain 1500 peds loses after only 8 runs
but again, you had good loot, gratz for that.. just don`t forget it`s the loot, not the small difference of eco... you`ll have your bad moments too like all of us...

Can we see the breakdown of cost vs loot (tt) for each of your runs please? (if you dont know, then i call bullshit on 8 runs less than 50%)

Rgds

Ace

call it how you want, mate, I know what`s left on my pedcard
when you`ll have not only 8 runs without global, but also no mini, and 8/10 in a row with no loot or nova fragments many times in every single run, you`ll understand

call it how you want, mate, I know what`s left on my pedcard
when you`ll have not only 8 runs without global, but also no mini, and 8/10 in a row with no loot or nova fragments many times in every single run, you`ll understand

I understand completely, you didnt record your results and yet claim less than 50% returns. Another unfounded claim shit returns thread. I am out of here

I wish people would record their damn results, we wouldnt get these pointless threads then

This thread is pointless

Rgds

Ace

Just a tip, I never record my results use to flame and be like ah 40 or 50% return argg.

Recorded my returns I was actually getting, well the lowest was around 75% and highest was like 1500%

I understand completely, you didnt record your results and yet claim less than 50% returns. Another unfounded claim shit returns thread. I am out of here

I wish people would record their damn results, we wouldnt get these pointless threads then

This thread is pointless

Rgds

Ace

I second this

let`s imagine the next situation
we see some1 getting robbed on the street.. we have 4 choices:

I did not keep a detailed log for every pec, but again I know what`s left on my pedcard, I`m down 1500 peds ffs... $150 playing EU a few hours at low level...

bottom line, it seems every1 is happy with the way MA is taking our peds... every1 is happy with the bugs.. every1 is happy with the support... and we all have a shitload of dignity, self-respect, and respect for others...

Sounds like you've been pretty unlucky, it happens. I had no globals on my first five solo runs, but had a good team run and a good solo run last night that should balance some of it out.

Remember there are lots of prizes on offer. You can't expect all that stuff to be handed out for free. Treat the losses as the entry-fee, assess your likelihood of winning a prize and decide if it's financially worth it. If it's not, it's just up to you to choose whether the entertainment value for you is worth the cost. That's a personal choice, like Serica was saying earlier.

do we have some dignity?

On this forum, no, these days not much.

8 runs with case still open about bugs, and I still don`t know if I can go in team instances again
do we have some self-respect??

Personally I still find it fun. I think the changes to MM this year were very positive, still room for improvements of course. However, the bugs with the instances crashing regularly does spoil it somewhat, and certainly shows poor testing procedures by MA yet again. At the end of the day, it's up to you what you find acceptable and what you don't. It doesn't bother me too much as I'm not competing for the top prizes anyway, so I intend to carry on with MM as long as my loot is OK, otherwise I'll just go back to my normal mobs.

please read all the facts and do your maths carefully, before posting, mate
actually, according to entropedia, it`s 2.873. I have a few options of better dpp, but most of them come with higher dps (+ higher MU) aswell.. now considering the low hp and low regen of T2 kerbs, a higher dps wouldn`t necessarily increase the overall economy of the kill, because of the overkilling cost... p5 IS eco, try it even with this difference of eco from 2.873 to 2.9+ dpp, you can`t explain 1500 peds loses after only 8 runs but again, you had good loot, gratz for that.. just don`t forget it`s the loot, not the small difference of eco... you`ll have your bad moments too like all of us...
Your DPP is actually 2.841 if your buying the amp at 110%. So ur 2.841 - my 2.991 = a 3.0105 PED difference due to my amp. I guess even with that saving in eco it doesn't help your losses, which of course is hard to explain as you said :( & understand that. I was in a very bad looting period for Round 6 but I will try to use Markup as much as possible to keep me in green as long as possible. If my trend continues as it is now though, I'm not gonna break even sadly, but after 7 rounds (TT+MU) I'm at 122%.

Remember there are lots of prizes on offer. You can't expect all that stuff to be handed out for free. Treat the losses as the entry-fee, assess your likelihood of winning a prize and decide if it's financially worth it. If it's not, it's just up to you to choose whether the entertainment value for you is worth the cost.

thank you for the pat on the shoulder
also, one of the most reasonable posts in this thread, +rep
but...
please allow me to have a question
what entry fee??
did they mention anything about an entry fee?
I know they pretend their system is not gambling, but even on the gambling websites or in casions there are very clear entry fees
MM looks more like a show organised by street hustlers in a getto in a 3rd world country
"look, we have amazing shiny prizes!!!"
"entry fee?? uhmm no.. we`ll just take from your wallet whatever we want... " just because they can and just because me and others are stupid enough to give them the wallet
1500 peds for a few runs at lvl 2? what would be like? 5k for the whole MM? 10k?
50k for lvl 4? 100k? or what?
what exactly is the entry fee?
if it`s 1k, maybe I`d asses my chances or I`d just pay for the fun
if it`s 10% or 15% of tt spent, again, I`d decide for myself
but it`s nothing like this.. because it`s so convenient for them to just take what they want, from whomever they want... just like a bunch of hustlers
and because no1 would do anything about this, right?
as I said, like a bunch of street hustlers, knowing that their victims would be to ashamed to go to police or to tell some1
I recently talked to one of my ingame friends.. he admited he`s ashamed to talk to his irl friends about EU...
rings a bell?
this is why I asked about dignity, self-respect, and so on...

Back