MA server crashed during MM event !!

foudil

Old Alpha
Society
PayiNc
Foudil ElSalsero Bachatero
Hi all,

I was hunting in cat 4 solo during MM event when the MA server crashed.
So I could not finish my hour !! left 15 min !!

I wrote a support case, but NO answer from MA.
I just wanted that MA give me back my key to hunt again this hour .

I read on this forum :
"In order to qualify for a score adjustment under this policy, a participant must complete all other instances"

I'm not agree to hunt 27 hours to know how they will make adjustment and if I'm 100% sure that my support case is available !!

Why MA dont let us the choice ? : 1 take back a key to hunt again or 2 wait the end of the event for adjusment
Why MA dont tell us how they will make this adjustment then we can decide to continu or not this event ?
Why there is no answer from MA to be sure that our support case is ok for an adjustement later ?

I'm the only one who is not agree with that ????

Foudil.

A message that was in the client window i didnt saw, this answer to one question:

"In cases like this one which affect multiple event participants, MindArk and the Planet Calypso teams will investigate and adjust the final event scores for affected participants accordingly for the time lost, based on the average score per hour achieved during the remainder of the event."

Sure, your score will be adjusted based on what you can shoot out of the instances if you manage to get through all of your remaining ones.

If you got another key it would give you an unfair advantage, as you would have been getting points AND another key. The way it is now you shot, got loot and points and will be compensated for the remaining 15 minutes according to how you performed. So you are basically getting free points for not doing anything.

This is because MA code is so bad that it doesn;t logs your earned points per instance The best solution would have been to remove those points earn in that CTD instance and then give another key
Not sure why this was so hard, instead they make calculation bla bla and give you some average wich might or might not be to your advantage

Mindark
Making simple things difficult since 2003!

I read carefully the announcement from MA and there is one thing that I don't agree with.

A friend suffered from a bug last night, where he couldn't revive at all when he died in an instance, which means he had to relog and loose valuable minutes from that key. I doubt that others had this issue at that time. This means, according to MA's announcement that he is kinda screwed because those 5 minutes are lost.

I really hope that they give some compensation points based on the average the avatar does during the completed keys even if it's just a bug with a low chance to appear, but it was caused by the game itself.

Currently he has two support cases ongoing on bugs encountered during MM that caused him to lose points and no reply yet.

Let's see how MA handles this topics.

I had the same problem last night, died and couldn't revive, after time rnothing happened

I am not competing for some place, so I haven't sent a support case for 5-6 minutes lost, bla bla, maybe MA will be responsable and reinburse those minutes, after all they know what avatars were in instances at that time

we ar a bunch ther lost 1 key ther becures of the server went down i manges only to shot one mob on the server chrash so not cool ther ned to do sumthing ther

its ok for me if the count out my avrangs and exchangs that 1 ohuers hunt whit that

and yes no respond from ma suport ither her what so ever

One thing could be good, they give us 40 key and we choose the best 30 hunt.

This is because MA code is so bad that it doesn;t logs your earned points per instance The best solution would have been to remove those points earn in that CTD instance and then give another key
Not sure why this was so hard, instead they make calculation bla bla and give you some average wich might or might not be to your advantage

Mindark
Making simple things difficult since 2003!

dude u only whining...just quit..bye

This is actually a very good idea. Sure, there would still be a bunch of issues with crashes and bugs and loot, but only counting a number of best runs would resolve the majority of issues with "partial" runs.

Winning is the thing that makes me read this forum:laugh:

On-Topic I still believe the best solution would have been to reinburse that hour and take away all the points you made untill the crash

It might be too late for this year I guess, but I like this solution. We could in theory have unlimited keys, then if people want to carry on hunting the mobs after they've finished they can and might get a little score boost every now and then.

It might be too late for this year I guess, but I like this solution. We could in theory have unlimited keys, then if people want to carry on hunting the mobs after they've finished they can and might get a little score boost every now and then.

Yes I think too that's why I prefer wait next MM, dont want to lose because my computer crashed just one time.

Yes I think too that's why I prefer wait next MM, dont want to lose because my computer crashed just one time.

I'm pretty sure that won't make loose first place :)

chrast one more time now i haw lost 2 keys nice work ma you rely fuck up bad so a lot starting to had ma for this for its rely sucks ass now

Also crashed with more then 40 mins to go :scratch2:

i had shot the bot and was rely to loot it so i am a bit pist off

i think ma owes me a mod fap its what i think shut be in that bot so ther ows me a fap

Perhaps, but I remember those good ol' days when you'd CTD several times each login session. It often was the case, back then when you were hunting longus and they were big but slow, you'd spend a bunch of ammo to kill one, then just when it was almost dead, you'd CTD. You ended up missing out on more than a few loots as a result.

I couldn't recall hardly any instances of crashing just BEFORE shooting a mob, or when you'd only just begun shooting it...the CTD always seemed to happen AFTER you'd wasted a bunch of ammo and the mob was either almost dead or dead, and it was time to loot it.

Coincidence or just my imagination? :rolleyes:

Why would MA care? :scratch2:

Everyday it's the same problem, and same complaint,
yet people keep depositing and shooting in MM.

So from MA's pov...there's no problem at all...

Steve_saber

read ther thread befor talking ther wod be a dam good ide ther

ther haw told ther wod compansat for the lost keys you know

Server crashed again and another key lost.

My friend sent another support case. This makes 3 support cases in total so far. 2 with server crash and 1 because he couldn't revive at all during the instance.

You have achieved a new rank in support case sending!!!! :eyecrazy:

This is truly a mayhem... of bugs! :laugh:

Steve_saber

read ther thread befor talking ther wod be a dam good ide ther

ther haw told ther wod compansat for the lost keys you know

I read this thread. And the one yesterday like it.
And the one the day before, etc. etc.
And MA's silly response.

If they actually gave a fuck they would fix it.
Enjoy your compensation though....or adjustment...whatever...very big of them. :laugh:

living on the west coast of america and often only playing late at (my) night is a very different experience than trying to play right now, at this hour, when many, many more people are logged in. i`ve spent several keys without error or lag, but the world is much less populated when i`m most active :) most of europe and america are asleep. its just me and the austrailians and east asians mostly.

Lost 2nd key today. Half an hour down the drain.
This is getting annoying. I don't know how they are going to "adjust" the final scores but it just doesn't seem right if the winners (at least for some of the prizes) are dependent on that "adjustment".

Back