Calypso - Component crafting costs - Knowledge database.

Status
Products Component is used in - (L)imited items listing and amount used.

Hi,

Suggestion 2 - I am looking to implement a quick reference listing for those items - (L)imited items only - that the component is used in as a subcombine and the amount the item uses. This information is pulled from both Entropedia and cross referenced with Bob the Builder resources.

I would put this "Amount & Item used In" after the "Risk Assessment & Notes" and before URL columns.

Would you like to see me implement this also ?

Please post here or PM if this quick reference would be useful to you.

Thanks Viper.

Last edited:
BUMP for input

Hi,

I will take a time out on continuing until I have enough input gathered on the above 2 posts suggestions.

It is better for me to get such features implemented early than to wait till this grows any further.

Thanks,
Viper

EDIT - Modifying spreadsheet layout, sorry for the inconvience.

Last edited:
Revision Update -Additions/Removals and Sheet Layout Modification

Ok,

Want to keep going with this so I will do the following:

ADDED:

Added: ~ Weekly Market Markup Average - Since we will be doing weekly updates
Added: Weekly Trend - Either Up or Down from the previous week
Added: "Quantity - Items Used In" - Number of components and item(s) it is used in.

REMOVED:

Removed: Year Markup - Not at all useful
Removed: Decade Markup - Again not at all useful.

I removed these as I feel they are totally unnecessary for working out "current" market conditions and risks.

MOVED:

Moved: Blueprint Type & Level
Moved: Crafting Level & Profession
Moved: SIBs

All these can now be found at the end, after the URL information

Now the fun part, going back to update all the market %s for week :smoke:

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
Hi,

I have updated all the market values for the weekly listing and redone the risk assessment notes :)

Also as an example I have put in the quantity and product it is used in - BSM is the first example.

If you find this information useful let me know.

On a side note, removed some of the complexity, however doing the QTY - Use In will take some time.

I still hope to finish off level 3 components by late tonight.

Regards,
Viper

Too much info, I have removed the QTY - Used in information - It just be too time consuming to keep updated and makes quick lookups harder to do. If you need the information, the Entropedia.info & BobtheBuilderv2 links have been provided.

Time out here, just hit 46 deg cel where I am ...

Back later tonight when it is cool :)

Bring spreadsheet offline again, going to play around a bit with it in offline mode.

It is probably just the way I am feeling today with it having been excessively hot, but I am not sure I will be up to continuing this project. It has already raised concerns amongst ingame friends and associates, sooo ...

If you could bear with me, I may just take it offline, develop it in my spare time, mix it up a bit with other activities and put it back up once I feel it is ready.

In my mind at this time, it is a lot of work for no gain, even though it starts out as fun, it will become punishing in the end to keep constantly updated without an RSS feed or API lookup of types.

Anyway on a lighter note, time to go help out some newcomers again :)

And a big thankyou to those who have contributed ideas and support so far! You guys rock :)

Muhahaha - And so it begins - OpenOffice Database!

Don't worry folks I don't give up easily ... Just looking for a much better way to go about doing this :)

Happy snap, AND SO IT BEGINS >>>
The ultimate tracking database - For crafting - at first, then later who knows what else it may include.

Now to work out a nice DB structure with dropdown list additions and as little entry as possible;
That is of course once the main data is in place.

Ok folks, going into hiding for a few weeks while I work this structure out :)

OpenOffice is free btw to download and use. :yay:

BTW, I intend to include a crafting tracker for your own runs which you can enter via a designed table with dropdowns for data entry and fields for entering your run statistics of which then you can generate reports of your own based on your own settings, skills etc - And keep them backed up for life to rerun reports from :)

However first the fundermentals, I am excited because this is much like Microsoft Access, a breeze to use.

Yes admittedly I am a first time user to OpenOffice :laugh:

Anyway I put the spreadsheet online, people can like it or lump it,

The database will be free once the fundermentals are in place but will take a couple of months to produce.

Take Care,
Viper.

PS. Very exciting times ahead :)

Solution needed, Free Flowcharter software.

Can anyone recommend a good FREE flowcharting program please.

I was tempted to buy this to design the db layout, but I would prefer a free one ofc.

http://www.igrafx.com/products/flowcharter/

The above software is no good to me, too much personal info requested and online registeration.

Any tips on a good FREE flowcharter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
The Mad Scientist!

Last edited:
Calypso Database Resources Sample - Feedback please.

Hi,

Sharing is caring and since this will be made available to all down the track (once the fundermentals are complete), I thought I would share this sample Table created in design view for calypso resources.

If you can spot anything I may have missed that may be useful, please let me know.

For those who are unsure how databases work, you can produce various tables for lookups, like dropdown lists etc

If you look closely at the description, I have tried to make it as informative as possible.

The "DailyEconomy" data I will add later once I have some sort of automatic feed from MA to work with.
I have been thinking how they could easily do this via scripting their database to do a master items table in A-Z order for all entries, with just item/resource name and daily markup value at UTC 00:00.

Anyway I am rambling now, 3am here.

Night All :)

Viper

Just on a side note, there are a couple of dozen tables which will facilitate resources, items, drop down menus and other bits and pieces of information used in the manufacturing process. It is to be noted that the expansion possibilities to cover more than manufacturing - ie. Hunting and mining will be easy to implement once the main tables are up.

The resources table will hold over 1,000 entries for various items in EU on planet Calypso for example.

Items will include all items involved in the manufacturing process of a (L)imited nature to begin with.

UnL will be left in the dark to start with, they are oldschool and pretty much craft to trash to TT in most cases.

Anyway, must get some rest, I am still excited about the features and functionality of writing a database in OOo Base;

But moreso the possibilities for expansion and later inclusion without upsetting data already there in the db.

Mods can you lock this thread please,

I will start another once the database is ready to rock and roll with tables, forms, queries and reports in place as I would like to keep this new database project seperate from the spreadsheet project which has come to an end.

Thanks,
Viper

Status
Back