HUD Opacity

Huskie

Elite
Society
Apocalyptic Uprising
John Huskie Hunt
I may be mistaken, but I have a vague memory of EU having a HUD opacity slider somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. No such thing in the options menu in any of the tabs.

Alternatively, if I am actually imagining things and there is no such slider anywhere in the game, does anybody know if there's an .ini file for EU somewhere that might contain such a setting?

To mods: didn't post this in the Technical section as it is not Calypso specific.

I may be mistaken, but I have a vague memory of EU having a HUD opacity slider somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. No such thing in the options menu in any of the tabs.

Alternatively, if I am actually imagining things and there is no such slider anywhere in the game, does anybody know if there's an .ini file for EU somewhere that might contain such a setting?

To mods: didn't post this in the Technical section as it is not Calypso specific.

Can't recall ever seeing such slider.
But all the settings you can edit yourself can be found in: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\public_users_data\public_users_data\settings-ce.cfg" (of course, change the path to your own Entropia Universe directory ;p).

Can't recall ever seeing such slider.
But all the settings you can edit yourself can be found in: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\public_users_data\public_users_data\settings-ce.cfg" (of course, change the path to your own Entropia Universe directory ;p).

That's odd, I checked that path and all the folders in my "public_users_data" folder are empty.

That's odd, I checked that path and all the folders in my "public_users_data" folder are empty.
Folder options -> "Show hidden files" or "Show hidden system/config files".

Folder options -> "Show hidden files" or "Show hidden system/config files".

That option was already enabled. There really is nothing there.

Windows search for "settings-ce.cfg" turns up nothing, either.

That option was already enabled. There really is nothing there.

Windows search for "settings-ce.cfg" turns up nothing, either.
Well, that's somewhat weird.
Maybe try changing some ingame options (if they're still at default), and it should write to the file.

The folder public_user_data is the place where dynamic content is saved.
Where this is located depends on the time when you have installed the game and on the version of your OS(xp/7).

You can set the folder with the tools button in the clientloader.

The folder public_user_data is the place where dynamic content is saved.
Where this is located depends on the time when you have installed the game and on the version of your OS(xp/7).

You can set the folder with the tools button in the clientloader.
Oh, yeah, i completely forgot about that, so it can also be in your users folder.

Alright, thanks, found the file (odd that windows search didn't find it, though), but apparently no HUD opacity settings there, at least that I can identify.

Really weird, because the way all the different windows sort of fade to transparency to a certain degree when they're not in focus I'd be almost sure there'd be a setting for that at least, somewhere... Oh well.

Last edited:
Back