where to find dunkel plastix

I actually made a support case regarding this 2006... :laugh:

2006-03-08
To the MA Balancing Manager.
I have a question about resources for crafting and the balance they are in atm.

The reason i ask this question is that some of the ores,hides, enmatters needed are very rare and not easy to find at the moment.

Some of the lvl 1 and 2 blueprints are way to hard to get resources for to craft and skill on.

Let me make a few examples:

To be able to skill in the lvl 1 and lvl 2 bps more of that ore is needed to be found so that the prizes can go down.

Same with lots of the enmatters like dunkle plastic, angelic grit, magerian spray that also are used in very low bps but they are close to impossible to find but just a year ago you could find small amounts of it now and then and now the prices are way high for them aswell.

How is anyone going to be able to get better at crafting if the resources aren´t there.

To sum it up: Is there any chance you can balance some of the ores, enmatters, hides found/dropping so that low lvl crafters can get somewhere.

This was back in 2006 and some resources has been balanced... Dunkel is not one of them... :laugh:

I've been getting True Faith pistols made as "Medals" for awarding within our Soc, they need 1 dunkel plastix each (as well as platinum), however, when my soc-mate Coz clicked on 3 dunkel + the rest, we got 4 clicks and 2 guns, which with mark-up made it very close to breaking even (if I were to successfully auction the guns at their current M/U). I'd be interested to hear of any larger dunkel claims, as I want to have a stack of these little pistols.

Hurrikane

i think i found dunkel 4 times in 5 years of mining..

1st hit was west of timbesha.
2nd hit was in Shinook river LA
( so we can guess that you may find dunkel in this all part of the map (from shinook river to timbesha tp approximativly)
3rd hit was east of Port Atlantis (not far from the new tp, don't remember the name)
4th hit was in nuclear shelter red pvp in rocktropia

Maybe a 5th hit but i don't remember, arggghhhh

:tiphat:

unamped as Moonbiter said

500m depth should do.

You got a new mission.

(a little voice tells you to mine) ;)

Find Dunkel and bring me all other materials and i will craft you F-106 (+600ped is the auc price now). I will need 1-3 click to make one success

5x Dunkel Plastix
1x Kanerium ingot
3x Narc ingot
8x Typo ingot

That's pretty old information and since mining has been changed a bit since then, I'd be wary about taking it at face value now.

If you go to look up the market history of dunkel, it hasn't sold at all in recent years at any level. This would seem to suggest there isn't new dunkel coming into the market, and the few times you do see it sold are probably bits people had in their storage.

few days ago found dunkel at pvp4 with L30+dc amp IX claim, first dunkel claim in almost 10y of mining

Maybe you should update entropedia then for it to be set in stone for all to find advice on. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I used to find it long time ago when i was a miner at the oilrig on calypso in 2006-2007.
But i stop to be a miner after over 3000 drops with old oreamp 103-105 with only 1 global.

few days ago found dunkel at pvp4 with L30+dc amp IX claim, first dunkel claim in almost 10y of mining

Maybe it is now possible, MA probably increased drop rate of Dunkel after introducing of the Adjusted Maddox IV
I'm not sure but this idea sounds logical

Last edited:
My one and only find was 573m deep, about 200m SE of Limnadium about 18mths ago or so..
Still in storage hoping to find a match one day :)

Before VU10 (the old map), I found it Three times just east of the oil rig area/PVP2; pretty much South of Nymphtown.

That means I never will find it.

Simple fact, don´t mine in lootable PvP because lost to much to PKers and that really sucks more than 10 big ass amped NRF in a row.

If I find I want to keep not lose to damn PKers.

Before vu 10 found north of sakura city TP and north of omegaton west habitat TP on falx LA and on neomaven's LA south of old shinook jungle TP.

Found it twice

Found one piece in the shinook area and one in the oshiri area, don't remember where exactly.
One with VRX2000 and one with F105 :tongue3:
I'm with the folks who think its completely random (maybe not as far as PVP4 goes....)

Sorry to dig this out of the grave but ive been looking for it on all the know LA and not found one. Any1 who has had any recent hits?g

Sorry to dig this out of the grave but ive been looking for it on all the know LA and not found one. Any1 who has had any recent hits?g

It's on the same rarity level as rugaritz (maybe more rare?) so your best bet at finding it is spamming drops with high depth unamped during waves.

This is how I hit rugaritz on Arkadia.
In hindsight it was a complete waste of time, but I did it for science :wise:

On average i hit tridenite every 1500-2000 drops, dunkel is probably twice harder to find, you dont need depth for dunkel, just luck and unamped probing, try area arround camp Icarus or central amathera,
But waste of time if you ask me

It's on the same rarity level as rugaritz (maybe more rare?) so your best bet at finding it is spamming drops with high depth unamped during waves.

This is how I hit rugaritz on Arkadia.
In hindsight it was a complete waste of time, but I did it for science :wise:
Waves work differently on caly than ark

Didn't do much testing on Caly but I did notice it's less consistent than Ark
Yeah on ark its the same as before caly was changed, no wave can only loot the shit mats, on-wave only loots wave mats. Just a theory but the waves on caly seem to add a tt amount of the mats in and the claims are random.

no wave can only loot the shit mats, on-wave only loots wave mats.
Yeah Ark is super blatant. Not sure what is going on with Caly.

My theory is Caly might have more "wave tables" than Ark and it cycles through them, but it's a pain in the ass to test something like that.

not very recent data:

Caly - Icarus server
Caly - Shinook River server (not Jungle!)
Ark - snow server

claim size 2...3, 518 m the shallowest.

Heard ppl complaining who open mining boxes a lot that they own stacks they cannot get rid of b/c hardly anybody is buying Dunkel.
Have unsold Dunkel myself... from Caly non-LA spot.

:dunno:

Last edited:
Back