Bulk changes to Entropedia - discussion

Status
History for that item shows that Xen added the decay info in 2007 and confirmed it by fruit test in 2009, so before the mining system changes. I'll send him a pm and ask him to take a look at this and comment.

Well I'm pretty sure it was right when I tested it. I vaguely recall some changes to finder decay, maybe? I only have a 2000 on me now and don't feel like buying a 320 just to test decay so if someone experienced wants to do a fruit/dung test, they can change it or pm/post me and I will.

Thanks for the quick reply Xen.

I'll check if someone in my soc has one that I can test by shopkeeper method later today. If so, I'll pm you the results for update, as Witte hasn't changed my status back yet.

History for that item shows that Xen added the decay info in 2007 and confirmed it by fruit test in 2009, so before the mining system changes. I'll send him a pm and ask him to take a look at this and comment.

Sounds good. Guess things can change in 4years :p

Well I'm pretty sure it was right when I tested it. I vaguely recall some changes to finder decay, maybe? I only have a 2000 on me now and don't feel like buying a 320 just to test decay so if someone experienced wants to do a fruit/dung test, they can change it or pm/post me and I will.

Nova tested my tk320 at 2,151 pec/use

I Also think that the tk220 have to be checked again... maybe others aswell

Outposts & POIs on Amethera and Eudoria all relocated to Calypso map.

Next: Mission Brokers and Mission Locations

Mission Brokers and Mission Locations on Amethera and Eudoria all relocated to Calypso map.

Next: Creatures.

I'll do these in alphabetic order of creature names from both the Amethera and Eudoria maps. Where there's overlap between spawns already on the Calypso map and these moved ones, the polygons will be merged.

So far done Aetherex > Drone.

If Witte is available this weekend, I'm hoping he can do a bulk fix on the rest of the creatures .. and the resources .. which will save me an awful lot of time in changing each location manually. If not, well, I'll just keep plugging away at it as I find time.

So far done Aetherex > Drone.

If Witte is available this weekend, I'm hoping he can do a bulk fix on the rest of the creatures .. and the resources .. which will save me an awful lot of time in changing each location manually. If not, well, I'll just keep plugging away at it as I find time.

Keep up the good work Serica. If you do get hold of Witte, please ask him to take a look at the weapon chart. HA now starts at 4 for both SIB (once into SIB) and non-SIB weapons, and then (obviously) increments by 0.6 for every interval over which it previously incremented by 1.0. This means that when using the pro level setting in the chart, it is giving too low of a dps and dpp for many weapons.

Keep up the good work Serica. If you do get hold of Witte, please ask him to take a look at the weapon chart. HA now starts at 4 for both SIB (once into SIB) and non-SIB weapons, and then (obviously) increments by 0.6 for every interval over which it previously incremented by 1.0. This means that when using the pro level setting in the chart, it is giving too low of a dps and dpp for many weapons.

I mentioned that in the email I sent to Witte, as well as the corrections you've suggested for the effective damage formula.

All mobs now moved off both the Amethera and Eudoria maps and onto the Calypso one.

Just the resources to go now.

(Clarification: I posted this here because someone has been mass-removing old loots, removing quite a lot of still actual loots in the process)

Something seems to be architecturally wrong with creature loots.

While many loots are probably outdated, there's no way to know that for sure (maybe some day Vigilante will drop from Exarosaur again - it's dynamic after all :laugh:); it still feels wrong that an unregistered user can remove a loot but a registered user cannot make it visible again. Thanks to Serica who undid those overreaching deletions.

See edit history on Fine Wool / Daikiba - I was unable to make it visible again. Or is that my hands that are lame? :scratch2:

From the usability POV, it would probably be better if only loots that are confirmed in the most recent major VU were shown by default, with a 'Show old loots' button/link nearby.

Last edited:
Looking at the History page of the chart you linked, Haruto Rat .. see the "Undo" column?
Just clik "undo" for the Visible > 0 entry, and give a reason.

Once I'd realised that someone had deleted a bunch of loots, I searched in Latest Updates by their IP, and then undid all the ones that changed loots from visible > 0.

No doubt the person who did the mass deletions thought he/she was being helpful, but:
Just because a loot is 'old' or hasn't been updated recently doesn't mean it doesn't still drop.

It may be that the person who looted it doesn't update Entropedia.
It may be that it only drops from higher maturity mobs (and those don't seem to get updated so often).
It may be rare (I've killed a zillion or so Combibo over the years, and never once looted a fishing rod).
It may be an event-only loot.
Even if it no longer loots, it shouldn't be deleted from the tables - at most the loot frequency should be changed to 'No longer drops' - and only if you're damn sure there's been a real change in the mob loots, not just because you didn't loot one in the last couple of hundred low-maturity mobs you killed. :wise:

Looking at the History page of the chart you linked, Haruto Rat .. see the "Undo" column?
Just clik "undo" for the Visible > 0 entry, and give a reason.
Ahh, that's a button, not a disabled checkbox! (looks pretty much like the latter in my browser)

I was trying to make it visible again by going Edit selected > Show item on chart way, perhaps that simply doesn't work (instead of permissions problem that I imagined).

I would like to see bulk change too ;) I was trying to figure out a quick way to add a planet list from the creature maturity list to sort them easily by the criteria of your choice on the planet you are on so gave up and parsed the whole website for my own offline browsing by planet. Maybe it's just me that missed a feature like that.

... I was trying to figure out a quick way to add a planet list from the creature maturity list to sort them easily by the criteria of your choice on the planet you are on so gave up and parsed the whole website for my own offline browsing by planet. Maybe it's just me that missed a feature like that.

On Main Page, select the planet of your choice. After that, tables like the creature maturity list will show only things related to that planet.

I just tried it again and well, it still doesnt work . It works for creature or weapons for example, but not for creature maturity level . Anyway, instead of adding content i just used content. That's sad.

I just tried it again and well, it still doesnt work . It works for creature or weapons for example, but not for creature maturity level . Anyway, instead of adding content i just used content. That's sad.

This does not work as the individual Creature Maturities do not contain a planet specific tag - but the Creatures themselves do.

This can simply be resolved by adding a Planet column to the Creature Maturity tables. I feel this is somewhat redundant, however, can be referenced in the loot table to allow loot to be sorted by planet/maturity accordingly.

Note: Changes such as this that alter hundereds of table entries can cause problems in entropedia so this must be done with caution. I can try once I get home, otherwise Serica should be able to make such a change with the right safeguards.

Chaz.

... Serica should be able to make such a change with the right safeguards.

Chaz.

Sorry but no. I bowed out of the 'trusted user' group years ago, so I don't have access to do stuff like that.

Sorry but no. I bowed out of the 'trusted user' group years ago, so I don't have access to do stuff like that.

No problem, ill see what I can do.

Hopefully that wasn't by choice - unless you have enough on your plate. Considering your contributions I expected 'trusted' access for you was a given. :)

witte offered it to me, and i accepted for a short while, but after consideration i asked him to remove it.
given that i've no hand-on experience in wiki's and i've no training in databases, programming etc, i felt that others here had far more to offer than i do on the technical side of things.
i'm more than happy to help update the data etc.
occasionally things have popped up where it might have been useful to have the access, but on the whole i think it was the best thing. if witte was around to fix anything i glitched, i'd re-consider it :)

All resources now moved from Eudoria to Calypso map.

As this finalises all items on the Eudoria map other than revives, tp's and pvp areas, Eudoria has been removed from the list of base maps.

Just the resources on Amethera to go now.

I have noticed much of the decay information has been wrong... mainly to make one ie. weapon amp look better than another.

The site does need work, and updates, for ex. there is no information about Armor plate decay values.

Its a great source for Information, but the information cannot be trusted 100 % since players have been crafting the information to suit their needs... And increase their sales / MU potential...

Maybe the Wiki needs to be run more like SAP. Any change shows the player who changed it, and will always retain the old value for examination. Any change can be made, including adding columns, but the old version is still available in case the new information is wrong. Also this would allow better track of who is placing what information, and why.

Maybe the Wiki needs to be run more like SAP. Any change shows the player who changed it, and will always retain the old value for examination. Any change can be made, including adding columns, but the old version is still available in case the new information is wrong. Also this would allow better track of who is placing what information, and why.

It has all that. Check the history tabs on any item, or the Latest Updates page.

And incidentally, if you believe an entry to be incorrect, report it so it can be checked. I've seen very little 'tampering' with data other than a few obviously attempts to change data that were obviously malicious (Witte has IP-banned those in the past), and some changes made by new users who probably didn't understand how Entropedia really works.

It may be rare (I've killed a zillion or so Combibo over the years, and never once looted a fishing rod). Even if it no longer loots, it shouldn't be deleted from the tables - at most the loot frequency should be changed to 'No longer drops' - and only if you're damn sure there's been a real change in the mob loots, not just because you didn't loot one in the last couple of hundred low-maturity mobs you killed. :wise:

"a zillion" seemed a bit vague, luckily you added "or so",
now i can go and update loot frequency for fishing rod from combibo ;)
to me the whole loot table / loot frequency tracking is based on some wrong premises tho, clearly they sometimes add some loots, which are (a bit after being looted after a vu) simply not there, or perhaps some weapons (or other factors) don't allow some loots, or ...

thx for all the work tho, it has proven useful to have a site like entropiawiki.com quite a few times, tried to help but can't do it (both the technical part for most changes wiki and the time it takes while things change so rapidly it hardly seems worth the effort for the time it lasts)

"a zillion" seemed a bit vague, luckily you added "or so",
now i can go and update loot frequency for fishing rod from combibo ;)
to me the whole loot table / loot frequency tracking is based on some wrong premises tho, clearly they sometimes add some loots, which are (a bit after being looted after a vu) simply not there, or perhaps some weapons (or other factors) don't allow some loots, or ...

I have looted a fishing rod from them, wasn't very recently though.

As I have finally finished moving all data points from the Amethera map to the Calypso map, I have now deactivated the base map for Amethera.

It's taken 10mths, and I'm glad I can finally cross this project off my to-do list.

Status
Back