Introducing: The Viperstrike 2013 Free Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative for Calypso!

Status

Viperstrike

Stalker
Banned
Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike
Attention Newcomers who have registered in this thread, your starter packis are ready!
See here for details > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...for-Calypso!&p=3057541&viewfull=1#post3057541

Post Revision 1 - I am taking on an additional 40 Newcomers for Jan & Feb 2013, Please register with this forum and post a hello in this thread to claim your newcomer starter kit.

Hi All,

I have decided to keep a list of those who signup now that the Revision 1 of the initiative is closed.
This list will be kept under, Post # 6 as a follow on.

I have a few large IRL commitments coming up, Credit Card & Tax Bill this month and next;
However I will do my best to get at least 40 newcomer kits out over the next 6 weeks.

This I will do through a list of 1 through to 40;
On the condition you register with PCF and post here in this thread.

Please remember to include your ingame name in your post.

Thanks,
Viper

REVISION 2 - Starts March-2013, Info here > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...for-Calypso!&p=3057511&viewfull=1#post3057511

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REVISION 1 - Listed below is now cancelled!

viper-banner-728x90.jpg

threadtitlegraphicblackwhitetext.jpg

Hello to all Newcomers,

I bid you a big welcome to Planet Calypso in the Entropia Universe.

I have never been one to be able to write up an entire post in one hit - So please bear with me on this.
For now, I will scribble some ideas down, upload some pics and go from there.

Before we start, a thankyou in advance:

I would like to thank friends ingame and members from Kaos who have contributed ideas to this new initiative so far and will mention to those reading this thread that I am always open to new ideas and suggestions to make this an ideal starter package for newcomers.

Feel free to post any ideas and suggestions you may have in this thread.

A small introduction to I am:

My ingame name is Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike, this is my second avatar in the Entropia Universe, back recently from a long break. My first was Fire Sparkz Lavawalker who is now retired (account closed) for reasons I can not disclose as they are of a private RL nature.

I have been a participant in the Entropia Universe for nearly six years now and I can claim that I too are still a newbie when it comes to many things in our Universe.

However that being said, I have gained a lot of knowledge over the years and through experience have learned about some of the things, what to do and what not to do to help grow the player base when it comes to first time newcomer players.

No I am not a mentor at this stage, though I have made a few firm society leader contacts within the top 50 societies that allow open recruitment of newcomers at this time; of which they will provide you with a good starting point and allocate you a mentor if required - This I do upon request for those asking or who are a bit shy and/or unsure how to use the forums to ask for themselves :)

Some details about my gameplay:

Ingame I am generally around an average of level 35 in those hunting professions I have focused upon, those being BLP Rifle & Handgun, Laser Rifle & Handgun, Swords and finally Knives.

At this time I am working primarily on missions that involve mobs with a sizable number of hitpoints and hitpoint regeneration which should help achieve some of the later goals of this initiative! I am also above level 25 in the mining professions (Prospecting & Surveying).

Introducing the Viperstrike 2013 Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative

What is this all about?:

In simple terms, I will be giving away to newcomer participants a portion of the PED I accumulate in Hall of Fame entries over each month the following month in the form of a newcomer starter package; of which there will also be a grand prize each month that will be drawn between those whom have received a starter package for that month.

How does this work?:

• {Newly Added} All hunting & mining globals will now be contributed to the pool @ 10%
  • For each HoF I receive within a given month of 1,000 PED or above, I will contribute 15% of the HoF total to the pool.
  • If within the given month HoFs total more than 10,000 PED, I will again contribute another 1,000 PED to the total pool to be given away.
  • If within the given month HoFs total more than 20,000 PED, I will again contribute another 2,000 PED to the total pool to be given away.
  • If within the given month I ATH 50,000 PED or above, I will again contribute another 5,000 PED to the total pool to be given away.
Note: These additional contribtions will be in addition to the 15% contribute made on the total amount

In other words:

• Per 50 PED Global = 5 PED added to the pool to be given away next month. (10% of 50)
  • Per 1000 PED HoF = 150 PED added to the pool to be given away next month (15% of 1000)
  • A total of 10,000 PED or more of HoFs within a given month = 1000 PED additional contribution.
  • A total of 20,000 PED or more of HoFs within a given month = 2000 PED additional contribution.
  • An ATH of 50,000 PED or more = 5,000 PED additional contribution.

How do I register for this giveaway?:

No registeration required! However ...

The best thing you can do is put aside being shy and say hello to us all in this thread.

Register with this forum, our primary forum for Planet Calypso as a user and post a big hello.

Details of the "Newcomer Starter Package" giveaway will be released within this thread well ahead of time for each date and time of where to find me in any given month's giveaway.

What the "Newcomer Starter Package" includes:

This will include the follow Trade Terminal items:

• 1 x Vivo T1 ~ 9 PED, repairable and recommended level to use 0.0
  • 1 x Sollomate Opalo Laser Rifle ~ 4 PED, repairable and recommended level to use 0.0
  • 120,000 x Weapon Cells Ammo for the Laser Rifle ~ 12 PED

Total Package Value = 25 PED

simplelifettstartpack.jpg

What about this grand prize given away?:

This will most likely be a new (L)imited set of crafted armor suitable for newcomers such as Rascal, along with some other items such as a vehicle, melee weapons and others totalling up to 400 PED. ($40 USD)

Here is an example giveaway I did earlier: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...7002-Attention-All-Sweaters-and-Sweaty-Ones!-)

Note, that the above linked giveaway will not be how this be done in the future.

This time the grand prize winner can only claim the prize after completing a set target, such as the kill 100 puny mob and kill 500 puny mob missions first. After that they will be able to claim the grand prize worth 400 PED!

How are the funds allocated each month?:

I will show this through example.

Let us say in Jan-2013 I go the following globals & HoFs:

100 x 50 PED @ 10% = 500 PED
10 x 1000 PED @ 15% = 1500 PED
Totalling 15,000 PED of HoFs for the month = An additional 500 PED

This would be a total of 2,500 PED available for giveaway in Feb-2013.

I would giveaway and use the additional funds accordingly:

• Total 40 newcomer packages per month = 1000 PED
  • Total 1 grand prize per month = 400 PED
  • Total 600 PED to purchase sweat @ 3PED/k = 600 PED (40 newcomers at 5k sweat each or more if less than 5k each upto 600 PED)
  • 500 PED divided between other newcomer events = 500 PED (For example like the "Find my Ticket Event" which is now closed and others that are deemed worthwhile ongoing newcomer events)
Total PED on offer = 2,500 PED

What about the remaining PED each month?:

All remaining PED after 2,500 PED will be rolled over to the following month.

<Newly added> Quoted to clarify things further:

Hi,

Below is the prioritization of given away starter packs, prizes, sweat purchases and event sponsorship:

Priority 1: Newcomer Start Packs (Protected 1000 PED Value).

In the event that not enough funding is raised for 40 Newcomer Starter Packs to be given away each month, I will protect the initiative by donating personal funds up to the value of 1000 PED to ensure that these do go out each and every month.

Priority 2: Monthly Grand Prize 400 PED Value.

In the event that not enough funding is raised for the Monthly Grand Prize giveaway, funding made into this category will be rolled over to the next month. In other words, if 1,300 PED was raised, then Priority one is to get out the 40 newcomer starter packs and the remaining 300 PED left over will be rolled over to the following month with no grand prize given out. This means 1,400 PED plus must be raised before a grand prize goes out.

Priority 3: Sweat Purchases 600 PED Value.

If enough funding has been raised (being that over 1,400 PED), these funds will be used upto a total of 600 PED to purchase sweat off newcomers (5k per newcomer @ 3 PED per K)

Priority 4: Event Sponsorship 500 PED Value.

If enough funding (above 2000 PED) has been raised, I will allocate upto 500 PED out to those newcomer events being held on a regular basis that are deemed worthy. Meaning that these events should not rely on funding from this initiative, but moreso see the funding when it occurs as a bonus to do something special with for their own event.

Priority 5: Funds over 2,500 PED rolled over.

Any funding over the 2,500 PED mark will be rolled over to the following monthly' tally.

I hope the above clears up the order of business (funds allocation) a little more.

Thanks,
Viper

Some RULES that define you as a newcomer:

You must be no more than 1 month old ingame - meaning I am looking for newcomers.

I will rely primarily on honesty from those who participate. A post in this thread will be even better if you are looking to participate as I will be able to more easily identify you.

That is all for now folks, please provide ideas and suggestions. I will update this post with further info as it arises :)

Thanks in Advance,
Viper

Last edited:
Globals and Hall of Fame Entries List:

JAN-2013: Total PED thus far: 324.20 PED,
Additional contributions for more than 10,000 PED in HoFs: 0 PED
Total Giveaway amount for FEB-2013 thus far: 324.20 PED

Globals:

Code:
[B]MINING[/B]

Crude Oil
88 PED (8.8 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:03:25 

Azzurdite Stone
253 PED (25.3 PED to the pool)
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 06:30:07

Code:
[B]HUNTING[/B]

Estophyl Mature
52 PED (5.2 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 22:02:40 

Atrox Young
68 PED (6.8 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:18:16 

Ambulimax Mature
50 PED (5.0 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:12:51 

Feffoid Guard
52 PED (5.2 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:53:47 

Feffoid Guard
76 PED (7.6 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:01:09 

Feffoid Guard
75 PED (7.5 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:16:48 

Feffoid Guard
71 PED (7.1 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 06:24:13 

Atrox Young
101 PED (10.1 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 03:52:52 

Ambulimax Mature
65 PED (6.5 PED to pool)
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:44:15

Ambulimax Young
159 PED (15.9 PED to pool)
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:45:58 

Atrox Young
100 PED (10 PED to pool)
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:10:32 

Feffoid Raider
83 PED (8.3 PED to pool)
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 07:03:48 

Ambulimax Old
71 PED (7.1 PED to pool)
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 00:15:16 

Ambulimax Mature
195 PED (19.5 PED to pool)
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:05:05 

Ambulimax Young
129 PED (12.9 PED to pool)
Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:28:13 

Atrox Mature
141 PED (14.1 PED to pool)
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 22:59:46 

Atrox Young
51 PED (5.1 PED to pool)
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 22:40:27 

Atrox Mature
70 PED (7.0 PED to pool)
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:17:18 

Atrox Young
113 PED (11.3 PED to pool)
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:10:38 

Atrox Old
163 PED (16.3 PED to pool)
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 09:04:28 

Ambulimax Young
185 PED (18.5 PED to pool)
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 04:38:46 

Ambulimax Young
73 PED (7.3 PED to pool)
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 00:06:52 

Ambulimax Young
58 PED (5.8 PED to pool)
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 07:24:56 

Ambulimax Mature
108 PED (10.8 PED to pool)
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 05:09:50 

Atrox Young
53 PED (5.3 PED to pool)
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 02:39:50 

Ambulimax Old
139 PED (13.9 PED to pool)
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 01:52:00 

Atrox Young
129 PED (12.9 PED to pool)
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:52:48 

Ambulimax Mature
57 PED (5.7 PED to pool)
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:51:59 

Feffoid Guard
214 PED (21.4 PED to pool)
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:34:50

HoF Screenshots over 1000 PED value:

Last edited:
Free Newcomer Starter Pack Thumbnails:

This will be for my own record mainly and for all to see, so I do not end up giving it away more than once to the same person. I will do my best to decide who is new and who is not to avoid scamming.

FEB-2013

Feb-2013 Weekend 1 Thumbnails:

Feb-2013 Weekend 2 Thumbnails:

Feb-2013 Weekend 3 Thumbnails:

Feb-2013 Weekend 4 Thumbnails:

Last edited:
Monthly Grand Prize Winners:

I will use www.random.org to generate place winner, which will be determined by the thumbnail entries above in the order that they appear 1 through to 40 (or however many are available with the funds that I have available to sponsor). Once a grand prize is won, the winner must then have completed to claim the prize after selection:

Kill 100 puny Mob mission
Kill 500 puny Mob mission

Those who do not complete this task will not receive the grand prize.

FEB-2013

Winner:
Task Completed:

Screenshot of prize awarded:

Last edited:
Monthly Sweat Purchases @ 3PED/K LOG:

This will be for my own record mainly and for all to see, so I do not end up purchasing off the same person more than once. I will do my best to decide who is new and who is not to avoid scamming.

Purchases will be made at several dates & times throughout the month

FEB-2013

Feb-2013 Sweat Purchased Avatar Names Log:

Last edited:
Newcomer Registrations List!

Hi,

I will keep this post for newcomer registerations for both Jan-2013 and Feb-2013;

JAN-2013 - Newcomer registrations - Revision 1

PCF: Forum Name - Ingame Name:

• PCF: Nessajah - Ingame: Nihal Gea Carligeanu (Received)
  • PCF: Irindia - Ingame: Arwen Irindia Lindorie (Received)
  • PCF: trinityseven - Ingame: trinity t7 seven - Still to claim
  • PCF: myladyloves - Ingame: Aurae Ultra Angeleon - Still to claim
  • PCF: nogold4u - Ingame: Merlin Greatmerlin Sphincterbottom (Received)
  • PCF: Outbackdoggy - Ingame: Korv Korv Trian (Received)
  • PCF: TempahRush - Ingame: Jordan TempahRush Douglas (Received)
  • PCF: O.N. Fletcher - Ingame: Olyvia Nightshade Fletcher (Received)
  • PCF: Edwinpogi - Ingame: Edwin Edwinpogi Tibe (Received)

Also I still need your ingame avatar name for Boogin PCF registered

HELLO!!!
would like to participate!

JAN/FEB-2013 - Newcomer registrations - POST Revision 1

PCF: Forum Name - Ingame Name:

1. PCF: Vasjo - Ingame: Vas Reaper Jo
  2. PCF: Trask - Ingame: Unknown
  3. PCF: Lumi - Ingame: Titra Lumi Echo
  4. PCF: JennSkyFire - Ingame: Jenny Sky Fire
  5. PCF: Kiki Jay - Ingame: Kiki Jay Resen
  6. PCF: Viseage - Ingame: Viseage Vice Hazukemiata
  7. PCF: Xashna - Ingame: --- Xashna ---
  8. PCF: jqkill - Ingame: test jqkill muffin
  9. PCF: Aubiek - Ingame: Aubiek Aubiek Olacar
  10. PCF: MII - Ingame: Cerberus MII MII
  11. PCF: Purpletalon - Ingame: Sierra Purpletalon Johnson
  12. PCF: Nick_Traveler - Ingame: nick traveler anon
  13. PCF: Gadris - Ingame: Gadris Prax Praxen
  14. PCF: Wesleyp223 - Ingame: Brixen Bricks Welkarr
  15. PCF: vredesbyrd - Ingame: Kaan Akarian Proticules

Last edited:
Feedback welcomed and appreciated!

Hi All,

Ok the above is the general overview of what I intend to achieve.

This will continue throughout all of 2013.

Feel free to comment, suggest and what not.

ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED, please don't be shy, Newcomer to Uber :wtg:

Thanks guys and gals,
Viper

PS. Some things I am looking for:

1. Someone able to do a nice banner ad for this to put on fansites.
2. Suppliers of the Heal Kit HR1 as in the above post, paying 7 PED per full TT unit
3. Those societies open for recruitment of newcomers who can allocate a mentor
4. Active mentors willing to take on more newcomers - Your status and if ready to or not.
5. Will add more when I think of them.

Add me ingame via player register: Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike

Last edited:
So how will I HoF it up and what stats do you have.

Hi,

Well I mentioned what stats I currently have in the OP, however this question has been asked:

How do I intend to HoF it up each month.

By playing and participating is the easiest answer, but here is what I will use and here are my stats:

As you can see my Hit professions are much higher than my dmage professions due to a chipout earlier.

Mining:

miningstatsjan2013.jpg

Hunting:

huntingstatsjan2013.jpg

Equipment Used:

Hunting:

(L)imited Armor suitable for the mob mission undertaken - Emine (L) and Zombie (L) presently
(L) Weapons - Retro Courage Sword and above
(L) Weapons - Kwel Knives and above
(L) Weapons - BLP Rifle Spirit MK.1 and above
(L) Weapons - Laser rifle/HG Whatever is cheapest lvl 30 and above
(L) Bioregen chips IV+ profession level @ 10
(L) UR125 Heal Kits for emergency healing only

Mining:

(L) TK320 Finder
(L) Always Amped using Mining Amp-5s

Mob Missions undertaken and mined areas:

Feffoid areas, Ambulimax areas, Allo/Esto areas and Atrox areas all tax free for now :)

How do I intend to HoF it up:

Prey to and praise lootius at each login, the loot god :D

Financial deposits per month into game:

I will run this project on a constant $ 600 USD per month deposits to begin with and later (around mid year) once some of my IRL commitments settle I will move that amount to somewhere between 800 to 1000 USD. These deposits will continue regardless of profit or loss made in the period :)

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
A meeting with Lootius - Outcome speculation !

Well,

I have to say the meetings with Lootius have not gone so well in the past for others :laugh:

I wonder if she/he will bless or destroy my PED Card.

Well I know the answer already after 6 years.

It's not always that your doing it wrong, it comes down to a HUGE factor of pot luck!

Time to rock :)

Don't be shy folks, looking for input here other than:

Are you serious in doing this initiative - Yes otherwise I would not have wasted my time suggesting it :wise:
Are you normal or crazy - No not crazy, No not normal, but define them, I am somewhere inbetween. :silly2:

don't get me wrong sir but how can u hof when u r always here in forum and not hunting i dont even see u global?
gl...:)

don't get me wrong sir but how can u hof when u r always here in forum and not hunting i dont even see u global?
gl...:)

Oh I global when hunting, check Kaos rocking party and Kaos nerds globals today and yesterday and my stats under EntropiaLife.

I have only been back a week now playing, chipped out all crafting skills and selling them off as I focus skill. This is my initiative for the return and continued throughout 2013 now that i am back for the year.

Thanks for the GL, I wish you good luck too, may Lootius bless :)

I hope to HoF each month a little at least to get this underway, with any luck, let it be so!

Oh I global when hunting, check Kaos rocking party and Kaos nerds globals today and yesterday and my stats under EntropiaLife.

I have only been back a week now playing, chipped out all crafting skills and selling them off as I focus skill. This is my initiative for the return and continued throughout 2013 now that i am back for the year.

Thanks for the GL, I wish you good luck too, may Lootius bless :)

I hope to HoF each month a little at least to get this underway, with any luck, let it be so!

At first glance that might look as very generous initiative targeting newcomers, but after inspecting your tracker profile, one can see that those HOFs over 500 PED are nonexisting. only 2 in August 2012 from craft, but you said you chipped out craft skills so none to come from crafting. Also one hunting and one crafting HOF over 500 from October 2011....
It seems very unlikely that you will be giving anything to newcomers anytime soon.

Anyway, good luck!

At first glance that might look as very generous initiative targeting newcomers, but after inspecting your tracker profile, one can see that those HOFs over 500 PED are nonexisting. only 2 in August 2012 from craft, but you said you chipped out craft skills so none to come from crafting. Also one hunting and one crafting HOF over 500 from October 2011....
It seems very unlikely that you will be giving anything to newcomers anytime soon.

Anyway, good luck!

Hi Teiwaz,

As in my opening post (updated), and previous post also, I have just returned to game, 1 week now hunting and mining :)

Yes I have chipped out all crafting skills as I am focusing now
> http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/crafting-skills-listed-on-auctioneer-at-present.8591/

I am only focusing on 6 professions in hunting and dumping the rest also in saying that.

This is a new iniative for 2013 for my return to game, back now for about a week, starting afresh.

As far as HoFs go, I can not tell you which way the winds will blow or how my luck with flow!

However in saying that, I am no uber decaying tens of thousands of ped a day.

I am lucky to decay 2k ped per full day of play hunting and about 1k ped mining as I hunt.

So 3k PED a day total as funds permit to cycle them.

We will just have to wait and see how it all goes.

If there are no HoFs of 500 PED or above in any given month, then there will be no newcomer packages offered, no sweat purchased at 3 ped/k and no grand prize for the following month.

This new initiative is a follow-on form my initial giveaway 5% of my deposits which I started to do but thankfully some good sound advise from friends has been talked into me not to.

Link 1 > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...7002-Attention-All-Sweaters-and-Sweaty-Ones!-)
Link 2 > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...verse-Freebie-gift-giveaway-7-PED-worth-Offer

I am not Viper Claus after all, just another player on the playing field at entry to mid level :)

Edit: Ah as a point of contact, talk to Raven Li a member of your society, she can give you more insight as the Oracle to who and what I am all about ;)

Last edited:
Thanks fo rthe feedback so far and the good luck blessing for this adventure to be undertaken.

Please keep the feedback coming in, good or critical, I am always open to both and will try my best to put myself in your shoes to understand where you may be coming from to provide an adequate response.

Cheers,
Viper

PS. Some things I am looking for:

1. Someone able to do a nice banner ad for this to put on fansites.
2. Suppliers of the Heal Kit HR1 as in the above post, paying 7 PED per full TT unit
3. Those societies open for recruitment of newcomers who can allocate a mentor
4. Active mentors willing to take on more newcomers - Your status and if ready to or not.
5. Will add more when I think of them.

Add me ingame via player register: Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike

Ah as a point of contact, talk to Raven Li a member of your society, she can give you more insight as the Oracle to who and what I am all about ;)

No worries, no need to do any checks on you ;)

On another hand you might want to cap peds given away from 1k+ hofs. If MA decides to present you with ATH there might be not enough real newcomers for 10% ;)

As I said before good luck with this initiative!

No worries, no need to do any checks on you ;)

On another hand you might want to cap peds given away from 1k+ hofs. If MA decides to present you with ATH there might be not enough real newcomers for 10% ;)

As I said before good luck with this initiative!

Thanks bud,

If I ATH, then I will be most likely rolling over the funds each month :)

The capping is as follows:

Total 40 newcomer packages per month = 800 PED
Total 1 grand prize per month = 100 PED
Total 600 PED to purchase sweat @ 3PED/k = 600 PED
(40 newcomers at 5k sweat each or more if less than 5k each upto 600 PED)

Total monthly PED on offer = 1500 PED;

The remainder is rolled over to the following month and so on, so an ATH will be an exciting I LOVE YOU MA time! As it will fund this initiative for a good amount of time to come and will allow me greater flexibility each day to accumulate more HoFs (even if I am losing while HoFing)

Why am I doing this, you will surely lose PED.

Hi,

Why am I doing this, you will surely lose your PEDs ?

Simple answer to this question asked is:

I play for fun, paid for entertainment, not for gain, not anymore anyway.

Sparkz played for gain and lost!
Viper plays for fun and wins always :)

Some reference links:

Link 1 > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?236915-Thank-You-Viper

Link 2 > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Deed-Token-107-Donated-to-the-Calypso-Museum-)

Link 3 > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...society-mate-with-the-right-attitude-to-game-

There are a few more, but I think you get the picture :)

Just some random things I do and/or are the norm of my playstyle now.

Cheers,
Viper

Mentors & Open recruiting Societies welcome to be added to the list.

Hi,

I have a few new requests for Mentors looking to take up the offer of referrals I make. I am looking for more mentors to add to the small but growing list I have and also Open recruiting style societies too.

So far, 4 mentors and 2 societies are on my shortlists so far. Many more are welcomed.

If this does take off which I hope it will, I will rotate a newcomer to each as requested.

If you have any issues with any referrals I make, please let me know so I can approach the newcomer with a graceful response and help them look for other options.

Thanks in Advance,
Viper.

PS. Mailbox 90% full warning just popped up, I will clear it in the morning :)

I can vouch for Vipers intent of helping beginners :)

he sponsored the "Lost my ticket event" numerous times and would have continued to do so unless I had needed a little break.

how about you sponsor some other charitable event aswell using the money from hofs and so on Viper? I'm sure there are others out there with the same good intentions who could use some help!

I can vouch for Vipers intent of helping beginners :)

he sponsored the "Lost my ticket event" numerous times and would have continued to do so unless I had needed a little break.

how about you sponsor some other charitable event aswell using the money from hofs and so on Viper? I'm sure there are others out there with the same good intentions who could use some help!

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the vouching bud, I really appreciate it.

And your suggestion to help out other "Newcomer Events" has been on my mind for a while.

While I need to see how all this comes together, I can make the following commitment in order of other commitments before this one:

Earlier I stated:

The capping is as follows:

Total 40 newcomer packages per month = 800 PED
Total 1 grand prize per month = 100 PED
Total 600 PED to purchase sweat @ 3PED/k = 600 PED
(40 newcomers at 5k sweat each or more if less than 5k each upto 600 PED)

Total monthly PED on offer = 1500 PED;

The remainder is rolled over to the following month and so on, so an ATH will be an exciting I LOVE YOU MA time! As it will fund this initiative for a good amount of time to come and will allow me greater flexibility each day to accumulate more HoFs (even if I am losing while HoFing)

How about we change this "capping" to:

• Total 40 newcomer packages per month = 800 PED
  • Total 1 grand prize per month = 100 PED
  • Total 600 PED to purchase sweat @ 3PED/k = 600 PED (40 newcomers at 5k sweat each or more if less than 5k each upto 600 PED)
  • 500 PED divided between other newcomer events = 500 PED (For example like the above listed find my ticket which is now closed and others that are deemed worthwhile ongoing newcomer events)
Total monthly PED on offer = 2000 PED;

The remainder after the 2000 PED is rolled over to the following month's pool.

In essence, I would need to produce ~ 20k worth of HoF totals over 1000 PED @ 10% per month to achieve the full list above of outgoings in starter packs, prizes, sweat purchases and other newcomer event sponsorship.

I believe this can be done, if I am lucky (preys to lootius),
Not always but it is doable if I work at it. :)

Suggestions/feedback welcomed!

Cheers,
Viper

PS. I may work a system to divide the total available PED on offer for the month between the above listed categories.

Last edited:
Coming to the party on the added "other newcomer event" sponsorship

nice idea.

Cheers MM :beerchug:

Thinking a bit further on this, since the addition of the sponsoring other newcomer events, I will come closer to the table by changing the offer to:

• 10% of all HoFs over 500 PED
  • 15% of all HoFs over 1000 PED
  • If the HoF total is greater than 10,000 PED then add an additional 500 PED
  • If the HoF total is greater than 20,000 PED then add an additional 2,000 PED
  • If I ATH 50,000 PED or more then add an additional 5,000 PED

Note: The additionals for 10k, 20k & 50k are additional to the rated 15% that would also be contributed

A Simple Example:

I HoF 10 x 500 PED = 10 x 50 PED = 500 PED to pool
I HoF 10 x 1000 PED = 10 x 150 PED = 1500 PED pool
Total HoFs = 15,000 PED so an additional 500 PED Bonus = 500 PED to pool

Total = 2,500 PED to pool

My HoF Returns = 12,500 PED and Pool = 2,500 PED for the month.

Well that is a simple example, no one HoFs exactly 10 x 500 PED and 10 x 1000 PED ;)

I will keep the second post updated with exact figures as we progress!

Well off to bed now, 1.24am here, need sleep.

Please keep the feedback coming in, I will update the OP in the morning, NN Folks :)

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
Hello!

Hi I am a newbie in this game... but i am looking to improve my gameplay. Still need some help as ammo costs a lot. Thanks for doing this Viperstrike

Great luck with this initiative!

Bones

Hi I am a newbie in this game... but i am looking to improve my gameplay. Still need some help as ammo costs a lot. Thanks for doing this Viperstrike

Hi there Nessajah,

Welcome to Entropia Universe Planet Calypso,

I hope to see you around one of the sweat camps in the future, this project has started as of the date of the opening post, however bear with me to gain some HoFs to be able to fund the project for Feb-2013.

I have noted you down as a newcomer for Jan, if others would like to register in the thread, please do. It is only fair that I take into consideration those who are new this month for next month when the giveaways start :)

Cheers and if you need a hand finding a mentor or society, feel free to add me in-game to your friends list.

Viper

Great luck with this initiative!

Bones

Heya Bones,

Good to see you around the traps, I hope your powerfist skill has been going well over the years! :yup:

Thanks for the gl,
Viper

* More input please if any, updating OP with info from last night *

Hi,

If there is any more input on this subject I would love to hear from you, good or bad ofc, please don't be shy.

I will update the OP now with the suggestions from yesterday.

Jan-2013 newcomers, please register in this thread with ingame name to participate in Feb-2013, so you don't miss out on what is on offer.

Thanks,
Viper

Last edited:
this ain't bad at all :) now go ath and make my disciples happy :)

this ain't bad at all :) now go ath and make my disciples happy :)

hehe thanks bud, I will try.

Thanks for recommending this to your disciple too,

Cheers,
Viper

PS. Thanks in advance to those who recommend this to others :)

Last edited:
Status
Back