The Different Types of MindForce

Status
Thank you!

Nice thread with interesting infos. Thank you Nighthawk!

Good post. I have been leveling up mindforce recently and what I found was with some mid level mobs it seemed to me to be cheaper. I used a combustive L chip as a rifle due to it's range and corrosive for close combat. Using these two together like this is ideal.

It's also refreshing to see my skills move up, my normal profession is laser pistol and in the 90's for hit and damage. So skilling up in it is considerably slower.

My guess is popularity of mindforce is likely to increase...

Nice of you to take the time to make these charts for new players :)

Each meter goes from 0 to 100.

... (please also tell me if there is some info that should be added/altered to further clarify).

So are you saying meters are now dynamic? :laugh: I thought a meter was a fixed length? :scratch2:

I used a combustive L chip as a rifle due to it's range and corrosive for close combat. Using these two together like this is ideal.

Personally I prefer Cryogenic and Kinetic chips, because I feel they have a good balance :)

Little bump, since people seem to find it helpful :)

Good job ;).

Usefull info would be also: dps and dmg/pec.

I.e. for now strongest dps is Lacerating Attack Nanochip XI (L).
dmg/pec probably has wrong value on most because people fill just chip decay (ignoring implant decay) on most chips (which is incorect) - so might be hard to compare.

It would be nice to see chart comparing pros and cons of each type, i.e:
Cryogenic skill:
Lacerating - very high dps, very low range, very good dmg/pec
Cryogenic - medium dps, medium range, medium dmg/pec

So person who goes this road will have in the end: very high dps, medium range, very good dmg/pec.

I have made this analyis for Cryo becasue i really like it ;) and bigest problme here indeed is range (i need tager - good that i have one). Probably other types have other pros/cons.

Falagor
:bandit:

Figured I'd give this a lil bump so more people see it :yay:

And if you hunt mobs with a bit higher hp you can add ignite chip to that also and you will get real nice dps :)

Good post. I have been leveling up mindforce recently and what I found was with some mid level mobs it seemed to me to be cheaper. I used a combustive L chip as a rifle due to it's range and corrosive for close combat. Using these two together like this is ideal.

It's also refreshing to see my skills move up, my normal profession is laser pistol and in the 90's for hit and damage. So skilling up in it is considerably slower.

My guess is popularity of mindforce is likely to increase...

Bumping this up, send it to your Mindforce-interested diciples! :cool:

This is a great post! I have been using Corrosive a lot and am interested in moving to Lacerating now.

Great post,

but before I jump into MF for lower lvl iron challenges, I would love to know the highest damage per pec way to go?

Great post,

but before I jump into MF for lower lvl iron challenges, I would love to know the highest damage per pec way to go?

Well the best way to find out would be to go to the "Weapons" section of Entropedia and search for "nanochip" then sort for Eco there...

If I were to guess, I'd say Corrosive is probably the most eco, followed by Lacerating or Electric. Not counting markup, that is. Electric and Kinetic chips are almost always the easiest to find at decent markup.

EDIT: Also remember that whichever skill you choose to focus on, you have two types of chips for each skill... Corrosive and Combustive for Pyro Kinetic, Lacerating and Cryogenic for Cryogenic, Electric and Kinetic for Electro Kinetic.

Well the best way to find out would be to go to the "Weapons" section of Entropedia and search for "nanochip" then sort for Eco there...

If I were to guess, I'd say Corrosive is probably the most eco, followed by Lacerating or Electric. Not counting markup, that is. Electric and Kinetic chips are almost always the easiest to find at decent markup.

EDIT: Also remember that whichever skill you choose to focus on, you have two types of chips for each skill... Corrosive and Combustive for Pyro Kinetic, Lacerating and Cryogenic for Cryogenic, Electric and Kinetic for Electro Kinetic.

Lazy related question from me...

I have lost track of the changes to MF and implant decay. Is the dpp given for mindforce attacks in entropedia correct? What is the correct formula for calculating dpp with a specific implant and chip?

Lazy related question from me...

I have lost track of the changes to MF and implant decay. Is the dpp given for mindforce attacks in entropedia correct? What is the correct formula for calculating dpp with a specific implant and chip?

To be honest, I am not really sure. However, as a regular unl. implant only absorbs 2% of the chip decay, and the nanochips have very low decay to start with, the implant decay is very, very low when using them.

Also, the total TT decay will always be the same, no matter which implant is used. Using an implant with a higher decay absorbation simply means more decay is transfered to the implant, making the implant decay more and the chip less.

To be honest, I am not really sure. However, as a regular unl. implant only absorbs 2% of the chip decay, and the nanochips have very low decay to start with, the implant decay is very, very low when using them.

Also, the total TT decay will always be the same, no matter which implant is used. Using an implant with a higher decay absorbation simply means more decay is transfered to the implant, making the implant decay more and the chip less.

Thanks. So are you saying that an implant now has no fixed decay per se: it only decays by its decay absorption * the decay of the chip, and that same amount is subtracted from the chip decay?

Thanks. So are you saying that an implant now has no fixed decay per se: it only decays by its decay absorption * the decay of the chip, and that same amount is subtracted from the chip decay?

Basically, yeah.

If you have a chip with 1PEC base decay and an implant with 2% decay absorbtion, the chip will decay 0,98PEC and the implant 0,02PEC. With an implant with 10% absorb, the chip decays 0,9PEC and the implant 0,1PEC.

Because of this, a higher % absorbtion on the implant will cause the chip to last longer. It can also increase the eco of (L) chips if the implant has lower markup than the chip.

Just looted teleport II (L) chip - not discovery, but it wasn't on entropedia so I guess it's quite new, - it uses less ME than UL and probably decay less too. It's only a matter of time before we'll see L versions of higher teleport chips and those will surely have quite nice MU. That's probably when paying MU on L implants with 20%+ absorption will make a lot of sense.

Just looted teleport II (L) chip - not discovery, but it wasn't on entropedia so I guess it's quite new, - it uses less ME than UL and probably decay less too. It's only a matter of time before we'll see L versions of higher teleport chips and those will surely have quite nice MU. That's probably when paying MU on L implants with 20%+ absorption will make a lot of sense.

hope they dont make all 55+ lvl implants L :p

Just looted teleport II (L) chip - not discovery, but it wasn't on entropedia so I guess it's quite new

Copied TP (L) chip discoveries from EntropiaLife:
Teleportation Chip II (L) HYDRA ZABOU ROS Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:02:29
Teleportation Chip I (L) adarsh adarsh gehlot Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:56:14
Teleportation Chip V (L) Lucifer dandy Leon Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:39:51

It's only a matter of time before we'll see L versions of higher teleport chips and those will surely have quite nice MU. That's probably when paying MU on L implants with 20%+ absorption will make a lot of sense.

Yep, and high level heal chips and various buff chips (as well as regen field chips + sometimes arson chips) already have higher markup than some of the implants are selling for :)

Last edited:
useful stuff! :thumbup:

would be nice to see same graphs for these chips vs. Hermes(L) + 6a plates for their PvP effectiveness!
(dunno how'd that work though with different lvls of chips)

Copied TP (L) chip discoveries from EntropiaLife:

It's only a matter of time before we'll see L versions of higher teleport chips and those will surely have quite nice MU. That's probably when paying MU on L implants with 20%+ absorption will make a lot of sense.

Yep, and high level heal chips and various buff chips (as well as regen field chips + sometimes arson chips) already have higher markup than some of the implants are selling for :)

I believe you: L res chip, L wormhole chip on mass.....that will be very interesting indeed.

I found the release notes the other day explaining the absorption on L implants, becasue it doesn't explain it very well on the implants info screen.

Rick

I found the release notes the other day explaining the absorption on L implants, becasue it doesn't explain it very well on the implants info screen.

Did you try hovering the mouse over the info in the item info window?

Finally fruit tested it and decay is 2.5 times more (4.9 pec vs 2). With such a tendency with higher chips, the demand for chip decay absorption will be even more :)

Finally fruit tested it and decay is 2.5 times more (4.9 pec vs 2). With such a tendency with higher chips, the demand for chip decay absorption will be even more :)

So how does overall eco compare, assuming no markup and same implant used?

Giving this thread a small bump :)

Status
Back