The force is Strong - I feel it

Without top chips there is no point to skill MF professions.
Actualy MF stop arround lvl 47 now.
Any newcomer can realise fast that there is no future for MF if it will not be developed further.
We still cant kill top mobs with existing chips with equal eco and killing time as with other weapons.
Healing chips and bufs are not enought too for top lvl mobs.
And MF was and still is addvertised as advanced profession.
As advanced i can think that player who is tired to shoot mobs with MM tier 7+ and want more DPS - more than 200+ DPS - he will use advertised profession to do better, to be advanced, to do more.
If game dont have that possibility then there is not enought incentive to even try MF wich dont give many of combat skills including HP.

A few years ago Dan I would agree that MF was not seriously given the development it needed. Although today I think it's up to the playerbase to justify to MA further development. There are more and more people getting some decent skills in MF now.

So MA will look at those stats and I guess try and fill the gap.

You are exception Dan, you were skilled to insane levels before the rest of us had any meaningful skills. With more players ready for new stuff MA wil provide it, I'm sure of that. If Caly development team don't, then other planets might. (If they are allowed to touch MF, don't know the rules).

It is one reason I'm trying to skill up, to give MA a reason to give us more, I think they will listen. More and more people are following so don't give up hope, even though you've waited for so long.

I'm trying to finish this 5K aurli at the moment with just an unlimited VII combustive chip for range and some L corrosive XI chips for close combat. It's working ok, unless get swamped with mobs, but I do feel somewhat under powered.

Hard to get fat ignite right now. Seem instances have fallen out of favour, and I'm not a fan of those myself to go get one myself.

Also another important point, I think MA recently lifted the pro levels stats to make it actually easier on us to seek loot. In other words the pro level of the chip had a smaller gap to actual pro avatar level. If that makes sense.

More power......yes I'm all with you there.

It will come, I'm sure of it.

and on HP, would be nice for one more unlock that does give HP, something to aim for.

Maybe MA didn't think we were mad enough to skill to such levels....lol.

Rick

You dont need to agree.
Many ppl started MF as soon it was introduced and then stopped.
Many reasons. MF come after big skill nerf so skill up was slow exactly as today.
Hard to get enought ME for daily needs, hard to get chips, low useability, concetration interuptions, expensive...
Many have lost any hope and didnt try MF ever again.
MA then introduced SME and L chips but nothing higher that old chips.
New generation of MF users got MF wery cheap and aviable to anyone to play and skill up to medium lvl.
We got a lot small chips, lvl 1 bufs and maybe after next 10 years we get lvl 2 ones.
Im not an exception, i can use any other weapon to do mission 3 times faster as with MF so no problem with that.
I cud be only sorry for time and peds lost on skilling up MF to remain stuck in midle.
My post above was motivated with forgo post about balance.
It happened before and will hapen again.
Is same as we have ben promissed in 2011 to get cryo XX and powerfist lvl 95 in january 2012 and nothing happened. Kim said that he can make any weapon in 15 minits....
Some players cryed about balance.
So others need to wait noobs few years to skill up powerfist to hope MA will implement it.
But after (if?) they finaly skill up there will be new generation of noobs to cry about so we can easily forget about powerfist.
You are right, more MF users we have, better chance that MA do anything.
But MA is known to implement some partial idea and then forget on it.
So hope is bleding once you end to belive because of experience.
We got stables, they shud be used for pet fights.
Today some stables are hiding pvp rings but many other stables serve just as ornament and reminder not to hope in anything.
For that, balance or not, top chips shud be present in game and to give incentive and golas to skill up.

first weapon i ever bought was a S.I Psy-blade powerfist. used it for 4 months swunting carabok on ark. had high hopes of punching high lvl mobs to death one day.

currently lvl 30 pyro and i also have fears about the future of mf. for many of the reasons that dan stated. it would remove alot of anxiety if there were craftable mf chips or would be lucky enough to loot a useful ul chip;)

i have high hopes that toulan might introduce some of these things but... only hopes. having an entire profession dependent on the loots and whims of hunters is risky and a pain when replacing my L stock pile.

been side skilling longblades as a sort of back up profession to ease the reselection of a new main hunting pro if something happens to the supply of chips or some other issue arises.

just wanted to share my worries;)

Back