Decrease the tax income instead of low spawn if LA owner not taking care

If Dethifier decides to let Letomie, Fresco and Furor spawn die out should MA just interfere? I say if someone pays for something it's his right to do with it as he pleases. Any of you can try to buy the FOMA dome and adjust the spawn. That's the way it is and I guess no one cares if you like it or not. I also think the players affected by the lack of Dasp are a small minority anyways. Also you can still see Dasp globals it's not like it does not exist just the spawn sucks at the moment.
Try to contact the owner of the LA, tell him your suggestions or just buy it and manage it yourself. Either he is still alive and his health's getting better (all my best wishes btw.) or you will have to wait until his property gets returned into the game. Changing the rules after selling the LA's to the player base without talking to all the owners of LA's is NOT the way to go and everytime MA is doing such thing like changing ressources etc. everyone feels kinda cheated. And that's what you're asking for basically.

Shouldn't be able to change an LA without owners permission ofc or even smaller things like UL items. I wasn't saying change it without permission of LA owner but I didn't state that either so it was my fault for not clarifying. I know Girts feels the same way since he has lots in items he wouldn't want changed either.

If I was about to buy an unique item I'd like to do what I please with it and also make sure it won't get altered without talking to me first and also want it to stay unique. I don't think that's just me.

Well shoot, I can't disagree with that, you make a good point as well.
I guess we should take it to a poll but then again like Az Bloodz said, the owner has the right to do what he wants with the DNA since he bought it.
Seems as though this problem is not an MA thing you can fix on the forum but an LA owner thing that you need to talk to the owner about.
Like Az Bloodz said and I agree with, the only way to get anywhere is for Girts (or anyone that has an issue) to talk to FOMA owner himself and see what the owner wants to do...
All this arguing for nothing that can be change on the forums...

I see where you coming from.

I think it would be fair to implement mechanism to spawn unique DNA mobs outside LA if there is no fertilizer for minimum period of time (e.g. 3 days). This would not decrease income of LA holder since there were no taxed mobs anyway and would let hunters find those unique mobs. After unique DNA is fertilized again, natural spawn would stop (even die instantly if no green dots in proximity).

Yay for dasps on Calypso ;)

In case MA is reading, personally think this is the best suggestion from this thread by far. Unfortunately it is also probably the hardest to implement, and I think the grace period should be a lot longer than 3 days, maybe 1 month, but seems like this addresses all the issues, helps hunters, maintains LA settings and uniqueness if they or a future owner choose to populate mobs at a later date, etc. They'd need some way to document or notate certain spawns as "temporary" or tied to LA spawns so future owners would know they were getting uniqueness back. Could add it to LA marker info somehow, "spawn at xxx, yyy location if DNA is un-utilized, but that spawn will disappear if DNA settings above minimum (or xxx%)" or something....I like it :)

Last edited:
If I was about to buy an unique item I'd like to do what I please with it and also make sure it won't get altered without talking to me first and also want it to stay unique. I don't think that's just me.

& I want an UL pedcard, who gives a shit about what you think?
None of the DNA's are promised to be unique & if MA adds dasp spawn somewhere else that would change the value of the dome now & not for future owners.
Remember how the prot spawn at troy got adjusted after there was an LA or 2 with prots?
nothing is PROMISED to be UNIQUE

I think this is indeed quite neat since then LA functionality is not changed.
Unless Foma owner has a contract or something ensuring the mob is unique up there, then there is a problem (well heard a rumor Buzz requested for something like that when buying CP).
Anyway too bad I made the post title my proposal since there are many and likely better.
I see where you coming from.

I think it would be fair to implement mechanism to spawn unique DNA mobs outside LA if there is no fertilizer for minimum period of time (e.g. 3 days). This would not decrease income of LA holder since there were no taxed mobs anyway and would let hunters find those unique mobs. After unique DNA is fertilized again, natural spawn would stop (even die instantly if no green dots in proximity).

Yay for dasps on Calypso ;)

& I want an UL pedcard, who gives a shit about what you think?

I don't know and I don't care. Just stating that this suggestion isn't right but I'm sure you are also one to cry if Ma changes stats of something you've bought w/o talking to you first. Fortuantely MA also does not give a shit what you think or what you want so I guess your problem will stay your problem anyways :)

I know Girts feels the same way since he has lots in items he wouldn't want changed either.
True, I don't feel good about it, however there is nothing preventing MA to change them or other items, and they did/do.
Think about it, e.g. as an owner of an uber gun owner which is similar price as to owning a LA:
1. were you asked if introducing L items would be good (eventually with better stats)
2. could you prevent releasing new UL items with better stats (e.g. making some guns ancient or SGA event)
3. could you prevent that tiering costs on UL items are insanely high compared to later UL items?
4. do you even know how eco relates to loot and is there anything fixed about it (meaning it could be it changes every once and then like suddenly overamping & hof relation changed)
So LA owners should be special and LAs can't be changed? Well I call that bullshit and protectionism.
If the change can be done with minimal influence for all stakeholders, hunters would be happier. They feed the LA owners, so all happy. I hope these things become more transparent with the vote system.

If Daspletor is a unique DNA, and the owner of the dome owns that DNA, have it so that, if it was to spawn on Calypso, he would still get the tax for each kill.
Hunters are happy, and when the owner of the dome is fighting fit again, he'll be happy, spawn can then be placed back on foma only.

I kinda feel sad the owner was, or is still seriously ill, this is probably the last thing on his mind, but people want to hunt that mob, and should be able to do so.

Mourner DNA LA took its 700 days to hit the auctions. As suggested above, either wait for the "system" to take its course, or find a way to contact the owner and buy it out.

You can perhaps concentrate on petitioning MA to "substitute" a different and unique mob for the that particular mission instead.

If the owner of any LA, (who has invested many tens of thousands of US dollars) decides to let their DNA rot, or even destroy it - that is their choice.

Instead of punishing the hunters for the fact LA owner is not taking care of the mob spawn, decrease tax income of the LA owner. The owner gets less taxes anyway because of fewer spawn.
This would fix the FOMA situation with dasps and corns.

There is no actual evidence that Foma is somehow incapacitated. There is also no evidence that the siutation with mob spawns on FOMA is not exactly like Foma wants it to be.

The "not punishing hunters" talk is ridiculous. Of course many LA owners would be happy if they could only fertilize for events. That does not make it a good idea.

Unless Foma owner has a contract or something ensuring the mob is unique up there, then there is a problem (well heard a rumor Buzz requested for something like that when buying CP).

Observe the Caperon spawn near fort Isis. There is no reason to think the other mobs are covered by any other exclusivity contracts.

There is no actual evidence that Foma is somehow incapacitated. There is also no evidence that the siutation with mob spawns on FOMA is not exactly like Foma wants it to be.

The "not punishing hunters" talk is ridiculous. Of course many LA owners would be happy if they could only fertilize for events. That does not make it a good idea.
And there is no evidence that it is what foma wants. There is evidence he has health issues. There is evidence hunters would like to do Dasps. And there is evidence MA has made a mission for hunting them.
This post and plenty others in this thread is rediculous. The system is far from perfect think how to change it to better not that everyone suggesting there is a problem and trying to come up with ideas How to fix has a hidden agenda.

In response to my contant pestering PM's and threads: RENAME of FOMA deeds, and the subsequent THREAD directed towards devs, John wrote:

Thank you SHard-Angel for PMing me and directing my attention to this thread. As for the renaming issue - i have opened multiple support cases regarding to this issue with the first one dated on December of 2010. So far i am getting- "in progress queue" replies to this as well as removing NeverDie graphics from the Mall and quite a few other old issues. I have even offered to hire graphic artist myself to fix some of this problems.

I DO CARE a lot about Asteroid but can only do so much myself and it can be somewhat hard to get assistance from developers at times(as most of you are well aware of). I will send a new email to my MA contacts with a link to this thread and will post a new reply here as soon as i get it - stay tuned

Please PM me with any other issues that you might find - will be greatly appreciated, due to a life-threatening illness(as some of you know) i have been in hospitals/clinics/doctors for the last 3.5 month already and simply do not have time to scan forums for posts - i do check PM regularly though and reply to all PM's i receive.

My last comms with him was letting him know, "We did it". He was happy to hear it. Haven't spoken since.

Back