FYI: Calypso Gateway locked. Newcommers stuck.

Xzion

Elite
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Thomas Xzion Warqul
Facts;
1.The teleport command dosn't work, they get sent into the room again.
2.Reloggning dosn't work.
3. Do a repair to the game dosn't work.
4. More then 10-20 newcommers are currently affected by this. (Read, everyone who arrives.)
5. The area that are locked is the starting room before they enter crystaline cave, right infront of the first TP door.

Aye, so I finally got my friend to starting playing this game.
However, sometime last night the server crashed and, he as well as many others, accepted to be moved to a "new area".

When they did this they got moved back to Calypso Gateway, behind that steel door, where they now are stuck.
The same goes for anyone new arriving to the Gateway right now.

It's like a sad horror movie where a bounch of people are all locked inside, and soon they will start eating each other.

Joke aside, all newcommers for Calypso are getting stuck with no chanse of getting out.
this kinda needs a fix since it has been like this for over 16 hours now.

As in, all of them.

Last edited:
Perhaps press "T" and teleport out?

Easier said then done with newbies who dosn't even know the game, eh?

They tried it, the T command dosn't really work in there.

I will take this as you are trying to help out :)

No, nothing works really.
Not even repairing the game, playing safemode, you name it.

It's not just a issue for one person, it's more like 10-20 people being affected afaik.

I've heard that space motherships are having problems with televators and revive too, so I imagine the cause is the same.
The holes seem to be getting bigger and bigger, and support further and further away..... what a pity, shame etc.

Hey there,

As far as I know the only way to get out is to follow the storychain all the way to the end where some NPC asks whether you are ready to board the spaceship fare back to calypso. You can either say yes and leave immediately or say no and stay behind. I can't remember where this fareguy sits but it is at the end of the mission.

Maybe someone who finishes the mission can link you a waypoint and some people with choppers that can pick up about 5-6 people can fly the noobs there. Unfortunately I am on Rock so I won't be able to help other than this post :S.

Hope it helps, kind regards and goodluck,
SpiritGh0st <The Green Guy>

Hey there,

As far as I know the only way to get out is to follow the storychain all the way to the end where some NPC asks whether you are ready to board the spaceship fare back to calypso. You can either say yes and leave immediately or say no and stay behind. I can't remember where this fareguy sits but it is at the end of the mission.

Maybe someone who finishes the mission can link you a waypoint and some people with choppers that can pick up about 5-6 people can fly the noobs there. Unfortunately I am on Rock so I won't be able to help other than this post :S.

Hope it helps, kind regards and goodluck,
SpiritGh0st <The Green Guy>
If I read the op right (not sure I did), they can't do that because they are not to the part where the trail starts yet?.. so they can't get to the part where the trail ends and you tp down to caly proper.

Not just limited to newcomers.. think space is just f***ed up at the moment, been orbiting rocktropia all day and support seems to be taking a day off :)

If I read the op right (not sure I did), they can't do that because they are not to the part where the trail starts yet?.. so they can't get to the part where the trail ends and you tp down to caly proper.

Correct :)

I was doing the Gateway with one of my disciples and way south from Helios saw a tower in the middle of the sea and went there to investigate. I'm assuming the tower was just poor programming.

I got teleported to this place where I'm stuck with several other avatars. Can't go back and can't enter the Cristalline Cavern (the door shown leads there but it's not working).

T'ed, relogged, but still in the same spot. Support case sent, and eagerly waiting the relocation. :mad:

My friend got a messege from support now saying that the bug should have been fixed.

However, in reality, it still isn't. He just checked it out.

My friend got a messege from support now saying that the bug should have been fixed.

There was a bug, where you entered the crystalline cave a second time you could be stuck. However, that bug (which I think support staff is thinking about) is fixed. Under normal circumstances you can now exit the crystalline cave without any problem.

I was doing the Gateway with one of my disciples and way south from Helios saw a tower in the middle of the sea and went there to investigate.

It's not poor programming, it's just that on top of the pillar is the teleporter for crystalline cave (for "old" players who want to check it out). Also if someone arrives at Thule without weapon it's possible to fly them there (to top of pillar) with chopper or something, then they can get the gun and to the mission from the start.

I think the problem, as someone else mentioned: It's related to space. That teleporting between some server areas doesn't work. Also I just heard that if you fly from Calypso tp CP you can't enter CP, and if you then try to fly back to Calypso you can't land there either. (And if you fly to CSS you probably find out that the teleporter there doesn't work either.)

Let's say it looks like this:

Thule ------- Pillar | Crystalline cave | Thule -------------- Space base | Icarus (Calypso) ---

where "|" is a "server border" that requires teleporting.
Relogging inside Crystalline Cave takes you nowhere.
"T"-ing inside Crystalline Cave takes you to the revival inside Crystalline Cave.

On top of the pillar there used to be a room that you could only see from inside, I think that room nowdays is replaced by the teleporter (showing as a shimmer in the air). Dunno if the room is still there and you can get stuck in it - do you know if people are stuck in a small room with a desk and a door ahead in it?

Last edited:
It's a small room with a passage in the middle that lets off steam when you pass through it.

A revive on one side and the shimmering door to Cristalline Cavern on the other. The door isn't working and there were between 6 and 8 new avatars in there - all freshly created noobs - confused, disappointed and mad that they couldn't get out. I relogged 2 or 3 times this afternoon/night and there were always that number there, but different ones.

Finally, thanks to Hero and/or Emma , tried to TP chip out and flew all the way up to Helios.

Last edited:
This is great Public Relations for MindArk that even the teleports at the Gateway are bugged. One one hand you have new players losing interest in the game because they cant play because of a bug over 24 hours old, and then you have veteran players not depositing/decaying/crafting/mining or hunting because they have logged out until they can exit space.

Tomorrow is a major VU13 update. Do not wait until tomorrow to fix this teleporter bug, it needs to happen today.

This is great Public Relations for MindArk that even the teleports at the Gateway are bugged. One one hand you have new players losing interest in the game because they cant play because of a bug over 24 hours old, and then you have veteran players not depositing/decaying/crafting/mining or hunting because they have logged out until they can exit space.

Tomorrow is a major VU13 update. Do not wait until tomorrow to fix this teleporter bug, it needs to happen today.

Devs work on a weekend?...

well, thats a good way to get rid of new players ^^

now if that isnt a priority problem together with space, we have none :p

Still buged, we had 2 players that created avatar and when there was the option to choose planet they can't do it, so they are stuck not on Calypso Gateway but on Genesis.
I did talk to them on our website chat, not that they can't choose Calypso as home planet but can't chose rocktopia or any other planet.
Great way to get new players.

MUST be fixed ASAP MA. First impression is key!!!

Soc mate appears to be stuck in Gateway after traveling from Arkadia back to Calypso.

Update: He is out, beautiful but very different place to the Gateway I remember a while back. :)

Last edited:
There was a bug, where you entered the crystalline cave a second time you could be stuck. However, that bug (which I think support staff is thinking about) is fixed. Under normal circumstances you can now exit the crystalline cave without any problem.

Sure that the bug has been fixed? I seem to have that problem right now - or let's say a similar one: I've just started, so I am in the Crystalline Cave for the first time, and I don't seem to be able to get out. Or is there anything I might do wrong??? I've finished the quest in there, but it won't let me leave!

Sure that the bug has been fixed? I seem to have that problem right now - or let's say a similar one: I've just started, so I am in the Crystalline Cave for the first time, and I don't seem to be able to get out. Or is there anything I might do wrong??? I've finished the quest in there, but it won't let me leave!

Unless you haven't done so already, try again (after you shot down the targets) to speak to the "mission giver". He should say something like, "Now hurry to mr Yakuza" (or what his name was). Then walk/run straight into the "blast door", that is the big door with a shimmering light (not the door you came from - the door with the revival next to it).

If you are still stuck, then file a support ticket (saying that you're stuck in crystalline cave and that you want to be relocated to next step).

Back