Event: 5k Fever! Proteron & Estophyl hunting, 5k PED prizes

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Entropian Events & Skippie present

5K FEVER
A hunting event on two land areas

Two land areas, five weeks, and 5000 PEDs to be won - or try to beat the landowner and it could even become 10k!

Rules & Prizes

It couldn't be simpler - just register for the event on EntropiaLife and go hunting at either Proteron Pasture OLA #46, or EstoField OLA #09. The 5 avatars who get the most hunting globals during the event period will each win 1000 PEDs. You can hunt at either LA, or both LAs - the choice is yours.

The landowner Darth Skippie Boobie will also be hunting, and anyone who gets more globals than him will double their prize money to 2000 PEDs!

If Skippie finishes in the Top 5, the 6th placed hunter will be awarded one of the prizes.

The event runs from 25 January 00:01 EU time until 28 February 23:59 EU time.

This event is for solo hunters only - team globals do not count.

Locations

Proteron Pasture OLA #46

This land area is northwest of Oshiri Hearts TP and contains low maturity Proteron, mainly Young-Mature:

ola-46_map.jpg

EstoField OLA #09

This land area can be reached from several TPs and has a dense spawn of small Estophyl (three DNAs with maxed density and minimum maturity) and a few scattered Shinkiba Young:

ola-09_map.jpg

How to Enter

You need to register for the event on EntropiaLife, so that your globals will be counted automatically. No screenshots, no posting, no fuss.

Follow this link to register: http://www.entropialife.com/Events.aspx?M=viewEvent&eventID=333

Further Information

Tax on both land areas is set to just 3.99%

Proteron at Entropedia: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&name=Proteron

Proteron Bestiary page: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174374-proteron

Estophyl at Entropedia: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&name=Estophyl

Estophyl Bestiary page: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?77321-Estophyl

Don't forget the Iron Challenges for the mobs on the land areas. If you haven't already picked them up, talk to the mission brokers:

• Proteron: Anna Fergusson at Fort Troy TP;
  • Estophyl: Morgan Drell, a short run to the west of Shinook Jungle TP;
  • Shinkiba: Leo Phoenix at Twin Peaks TP (on the balcony).

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRANTS!

Last edited:
Excited about this one. And happy to add the second land to those that want to compete but aren't able to do Proteron solo. GL to all that enter. Cya Friday.

Register your place now while EU is down :D

Cool beans, looks like I will be up for the Esto LA :)

Not sure about beating skippiz0rus though, that one is a tough cookie to out shoot!

Oh, I'm not so tough anymore. I sold my fancy Mod Merc.

*sigh*

great event count me in on esto...:)

Hey Oleg/Skip,

Can we put this event off to a later date, the VU14 is really screwing things up performance wise and I don't believe you will get the outcome expected people participating wise.

Cheers,
Viper

Hey Oleg/Skip,

Can we put this event off to a later date, the VU14 is really screwing things up performance wise and I don't believe you will get the outcome expected people participating wise.

Cheers,
Viper

I know some people are having problems in busy areas by TPs but I haven't heard of anyone having any major problems while out in the field. I certainly didn't see any evidence of reduced hunting activity yesterday. So I don't think it will be a problem.

Yea, I think we're OK. I haven't had any problems hunting on either land since the VU, TBH, Viperstrike.

There is a patch next week. Hope that fixes any issues anybody is having, ATM.

Tax on the lands will be set to 3.99% during the event. I gave Oleg the wrong info earlier this week and didn't catch that. Sorry for any confusion.

Skippie

Yea, I think we're OK. I haven't had any problems hunting on either land since the VU, TBH, Viperstrike.

There is a patch next week. Hope that fixes any issues anybody is having, ATM.

No worries guys, I will see you in the field :)

Whee, lock and load! Payday tomorrow, so I can deposit a bit to compete,

Bump!

kill all the esto and im gonna win...:)

The event starts in 4 hours, get ready!

An hour to start if I am not wrong on my bio-clock, YAWN! Good Morning Folks Much :coffee: needed :D

Good luck all, see you at the esto's once I return from the bankaz0rz!

Hi,

It would be interesting to see what others are entering the competition with :)

So far my kit is just basic so I am entering the Estophyl LA09 section.

Using:

Zombie (L) armor plated with Pulsar 8 plates (L)
Cap-404 (L) with Boom Amps (L)
Regeneration chip VI (L) for primary heals when needed.
UR-125 (L) for emergency heals is ever needed.

So it is a noob outfit (L), gl out there all :)

Now to rush to the bank, back in an hour to start late lol

In second place with a huge 1 global :laugh:

Come on folks *bump* for more to enter.

Estophyls easy to kill now, only L20 ....

Which reminds me Skippie 2k ped ammo cycled on 404s with amps, and 1 global only :eyecrazy:
I did notice the ATH on Fresq today, but damn it is hard to global on these baby esto's.

I am guessing there is no way to pump up the maturity overnight on these babies is there ?
Guardians to Alphas would be ideal ;)

Look forward to seeing some more players on Esto field, Prots are going to clear the board otherwise!

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
BUMP for more people to enter

This scoreboard will update every few hours. You can see the full up-do-date score table at http://www.entropialife.com/Events.aspx?M=viewEvent&eventID=333

Hi Oleg,

I think it is 6 - 12 hour updates, it has been 5 hours since I got global 2, I think I am upto 4 or 5 now.

Cheers,
Viper

Ps. Yep, 6 hours at least till update:

Position
Target
Score

Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike

Syrinx Syri Pureheart

Stian Zues Labrador

Nice start for Syri and Viper :)

Nothing for the noob Skippie yet :D

Lootius, I pray to you! Crank up the Loot on Esto's - Om Mani padme Hum!

:D

Ok Lootius maybe this will give you a bit of a boost! Edit those parameters. Esto = Loot

7 globals in 6k ped cycled is becoming disheartening,
how do you expect me to beat skippisaurus! :handgun:

Trin and Zeke have joined the race - Skippie has managed to get 3 globals now, he's improving :D

Killed my first proteon today,

Pretty happy that I can manage one solo, they are a bit tough, but a nice challenge :)

I got the fever for the flavor of a 5k.

Looks like Trin is having a busy weekend - up to 33 globals and counting. Skippie up to 10 now, Syri and Zeke ahead of him with Viper just behind.

Back