Another Newbie Log

BattleAxe

Provider
Indestructible BattleAxe OfPain
Hey everyone, I'm going to be using this log to record my runs. Hopefully it'll be interesting for you, and help me keep better track of my gains and losses. :D

Reactions: sbi
Hunting Log #1: 50 PED run on Argonauts by Twin Peaks

While I did have a few mildly elevated loots, and was able to sell a few items for MU, this run was something of a failure. Things started out pretty good, and I got two five PED loots within the first ten PED of the hunt. After that, I got one more half decent looter when I was on roughly my last 15 PED of ammo.

Gun used: Breer M2a (L) + Omegaton A102 Amplifier. DPS/DPP [Damage Per Second/Damage Per Pec]: 10.20~/2.899~ (2.930~ before MU).
Finisher Gun Used: Opalo + B101 (L). DPS/DPP: N/A
Total Ammo Bought: 50 PED.
Total Ammo Spent: 55 PED (5 PED of ammo loot).
Total P/L: -20 PED.
Global/HoF: None.
Number of Elevated Loots: 3.
Argonauts Killed: 70~.
Progress in Iron Mission: 179/1000
Armor Used: Pixie.
FAP Used: Herb Box.

I didn't record the exact details. In future runs I will include the exact defensive cost, offensive cost, and take a screenshot of the TT value of the loot. On a side note though, has anyone else noticed a significant drop in the amount of iron Argonauts drop? I got at most four loots which contained iron (about 2.89 PED of it in total). Back six or seven months ago I couldn't hardly get a loot which didn't contain iron. Perhaps it's part of MA's re-balancing efforts.

On still a further side note, I ended up making back the 20 PED I lost hunting with by mining. I would've ended up being several PED in profit for the day, in fact, if I hadn't dropped those last seven probes. (I drop three to five, in this case five, probes before changing area, and the change in area resulted in another two NRFs).

Hunt Log #2: 50 PED Run on Argonauts By Twin Peaks

This run was rather bad to me. No elevated loots, which is really the main point of hunting for me, as that's the exciting bit. Regardless, I did skill up a bit. Not quite enough to push me from 99.9 HP to 100, but I'm fairly confident I'm almost there.

Gun Used: Breer M2a (L) + Omegaton A102 Amplifier. DPS/DPP [Damage Per Second/Damage Per Pec]: 10.20~/2.899~ (2.930~ before MU).
Total Ammo Used: 50 PED.
Number of Elevated Loots: 0.
Argonauts killed: 60.
Progress in Iron Mission: 235/1000
Armor Used/Decay: Pixie/2.22 PED
FAP Used/Decay: Herb Box/1.01
Amplifier Used/Decay: Omegaton A102/5.42 PED
Gun Decay After MU: 7.46 PED
Total Cost in Decay: 16.11 PED
Total P/L: -19.89 PED or 53.1%

But, I should be happy! After all, I did find 15 Bombardo while hunting! Not only that, but I looted a bit of iron too!

P.S. I haven't yet figured out how to add screenshots other than via a URL. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey :) Dont worry about bad hunts so far, just keep track of your returns and you will probably see it averages out after a few thousand kills. Gl!

On a side note though, has anyone else noticed a significant drop in the amount of iron Argonauts drop? I got at most four loots which contained iron (about 2.89 PED of it in total). Back six or seven months ago I couldn't hardly get a loot which didn't contain iron. Perhaps it's part of MA's re-balancing efforts.

Iron drops from Argo and gazzurdite from Drones were nerfed around May 2012 I think. Good luck with your hunting, some say starting a log is a good omen for a future compensatory global/hof :)

Hey :) Dont worry about bad hunts so far, just keep track of your returns and you will probably see it averages out after a few thousand kills. Gl!

Thank's =) That's what I'm hoping for.

Iron drops from Argo and gazzurdite from Drones were nerfed around May 2012 I think. Good luck with your hunting, some say starting a log is a good omen for a future compensatory global/hof :)

Aah, alright, that would certainly explain the large decrease in iron drops then. Thank you for the info. :)

Mining Log #1: Runs #1-4

Run #1:

This run didn't go too well. I went to a spot that was hitting very well for me yesterday, but either the ores hadn't respawned yet, or else someone had recently mined through there.

Finder used: Ziplex Z1 Seeker
Amp used: None.
TT Value of Probes: 35 PED.
Total P/L: -10 PED

Run #2:

This run went very well. I got 20 PED of probes, and changed areas to try to mine a area that had been hitting quite well for me a couple days ago. I found plenty of belkar, as well as caldorite and lysterium. Getting the lysterium was a shame, but given that I got an XII find of it, I'm not complaining.

Amp used: None.
TT value of Probes: 20 PED
Total P/L: +72.75 PED

Run #3:

This run would've ended up being quite profitable (I hit an X lysterium on it) had I not suddenly hit a dry patch. As it is though, I'm fine with breaking even.

Amp used: Level 2 Finder Amplifier Light (L).
TT Value of Probes: 35 PED
Total P/L: +0.70 PED

Run #4:

I changed areas again, and started hitting Narcanisum, as well as Belkar and Cumbriz. Unfortunately, I hit several dry patches, and this run ended up being a loss.

Amp used: Level 2 Finder Amplifier Light (L).
TT value of probes: 40 PED
Total P/L: -18 PED

Hunting Log #3: 10? PED hunt on Argonauts by Twin Peaks

I can't give the exact details for this run, as I don't know them myself: I cut it short without knowing how much ammo I spent, do to the fact that I had entirely forgotten that my society was holding an event I wanted to attend on Arkadia.

Gun Used: Breer M2a (L) + Omegaton A102 Amplifier. DPS/DPP [Damage Per Second/Damage Per Pec]: 10.20~/2.899~ (2.930~ before MU).
Total Ammo Used: 10 PED~
Number of Elevated Loots: 2 (7 PED regeneration chip I (L), 7 PED ammo, 7.5 PED animal muscle oil, and 3 PED of hides in total).

Talk to you all later once me and my society finish up doing some Aakas Instance runs!

The Aakas Instances didn't go badly at all. They didn't go good either, but they certainly weren't bad. I only participated in two keys: A level 1, and a level 2. The level 1 key lost me 1 PED, and the level 2 key lost me 3 PED. That being said, it was fun to open the chests and see 7 PED of muscle oil appear in my loot window... Not sure why that was fun, but I think it was fun, and that's what matters! :tongue2: Plus, it's always fun to hang out with my fantastic society: 'Don't Feed the Animals'... ;)

Key #1:

Split up cost of the key: 5 PED per person (four person team).
Cost of ammo: 6 PED.
Gun used: Opalo + B101 (L).
TT value of loot: 10.1~

Key #2:

Split up cost of the key: 8 PED per person (5 person team).
Cost of ammo: 10 PED.
Gun used: Breer M2a (L) + Omegaton A102.
TT value of the loot: 15.4 PED~.

Anyway, I'm back on caly now. Hope to add another run here soon.

cool seems everything is going well :)

besides the link i gave you you can also check out Entropia Tracker..

either here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?192-Entropia-Tracker

or directly here:
http://www.entropialife.com/

starfinder who programms it is a great guy and i just got the tracker running

a bit more complicated but it takes screen automaticly if you global and can link it to the printscreen button.

if you dont like the tracker just maybe use the website to get infos on different mobs and things

have fun!

Mining Log #2: Runs 5-16

Hey guys, lots been going on lately, hopefully I'll be able to get some more runs in soon though. Anyway, I've recently rather taken to mining. My TT return for these runs was exactly 100%, which is about 40% more than I can say for hunting. Also, since I've recently found a couple of spots that give rather decent MarkUp ores (namely gazz, belk, blaus, erdo, cald, cumb and igni), I'm doing quite well. On top of that, I had my very first sooto on run #10. :yay: Nothing big, just 20 PEC of some ore with a MarkUp of around 4,000%, but it was still exciting. Anyway, here are the TT returns of the runs I've done so far... Hopefully in the future I'll remember to record exactly what I find to make it a bit more of an interested read. :confused:

Run #1:
65 PED of probes bought, -5 PED effect on card.

Run #2:
60 PED of probes bought, -2 PED effect on card.

Run #3:
60 PED of probes bought, +5 PED effect on card.

Run #4:
60 PED of probes bought, +4 PED effect on card.

Run #5:
65 PED of probes bought, -1 PED effect on card.

Run #6:
65 PED of probes bought, +5 PED effect on card.

Run #7:
80 PED of probes bought, +10 PED effect on card.
Note: I found a VI Kane hit on this run, and plus the MU on the other ores, the actual profit from this run was about +35 PED.

Run #8:
100 PED of probes bought, -12 PED effect on card.
Note: I expected this to happen. Can't really expect a perfect run all the time.

Run #9:
65 PED of probes bought, -5 PED effect on card.

Run #10:
60 PED of probes bought, +1 PED (plus the sooto) effect on card. :yay:
Note: This run got me mostly lyst (about 50% of the return was in lyst, I believe), so most of the MarkUp I got ended up coming from the sooto. Anyway, this run actually got me about +10 PED, if you include MarkUp.

Run #11:
65 PED of probes bought, -2 PED effect on card.

On a side-note, I'd like to give a big thank you to the lovely Kaelyn, for her gift of 50 PED (which, even though it wasn't intended as such, I'll treat as a donation). Also, my thanks to FireX for a 29 PED tip for healing him while he hunted. :) I'm not sure if either of you two are even on PCF, but if you are, just know that you're awesome. :yay:

Good luck everyone, and happy hoffing!

P.S. I'll start keeping an over-all total of how I'm doing in March.

Last edited:
Reactions: il
Back