New Avatar Pics!

Here's what I'm going to try to reproduce on my next attempt:

1SuaN.jpg

Well i posted it already in my thread, but here i do it also :

Well i can live with the avatar styles ( i chose default for the moment to check my clothes first .. .what should i say ? Was it worth to put quite a few peddies in these ?

Decide yourself...
jennson_kaputt.jpg

kaputt2.jpg

jen_front_red.jpg

jen_red_back.jpg

Frankly so far i am not impressed especially by the clothes

I'd like to thank Mindark for the funniest update in the close to 6 years I've been on Calypso.. :laugh:

Made my Tuesday at work go a bit faster. :wtg:

7+ years but totally agree - funniest update ever.

new leeloo

hmmmm, not sure if I like this :ahh:
the options are nummerous but its a bit hard to handle, or I just didnt had enough patience ..

i took makeup 9, it was red, but in game its grey?
eyes are a bit darker, thights are looking strange and most clothes look uuugly, crumpy .. dunno

hilarious is my old make up mask^^ thats gonna look neat????

newleeloo_78353.jpg

I went up to the roof to get some pics in sunlight too

newleelooo.jpg

the options are nummerous but its a bit hard to handle, or I just didnt had enough patience ..

eyes are a bit darker, thights are looking strange and most clothes look uuugly, crumpy .. dunno

newleeloo_78353.jpg

newleelooo.jpg

You look totally differnt LeeLoo! :cool:

Also cant wait to see what the make up masks will look like!

Does anyone know if next week we have to start from scratch? Or can just make changes? :scratch2:

I really love being able to add coloured tips into the hair, awesome idea :D

Ok last one I swear :ahh: im just so overly excited by it all :D

bon_7.jpg

My advice to people is try various avatars at the "first" selection phase.

After a few tries, I got my best results from the eastern european starting avatar. It takes a while, but well worth experimenting with the starter choices.

Im fairly happy with this result, and hope that all I need to do is change the body colour after the update.

Massive improvement, thanks MA.

More than anything really pleased the green neck has been fixed in the update.

The new "Rick England" below.

This is the in game view, think i'll change it, bit monkey looking.

Have fun folks

Rick

Last edited:
This Feffoid also made a new "avatar":
feffvu14.jpg

(Please note this screenshot was taken with medium graphics on a crappy computer)

newleeloo_78353.jpg

newleelooo.jpg

Loving your new look :girl:

The New McCormick in VU 13.0 + 1.0 + 0.0 + 0.0 = 14.0

__

Meh, sadly couldn't reproduce the famous Oblivion sad clown to a satisfiable extent. The tweaking tools are too restrictive and many options are simply pre-set. :(

Could anyone help me, please, with new Avatar height?
Any idea what min/medium/max height in cm?
Still no any numbers during recreation process, and nothing around, you could compare with :(

Could anyone help me, please, with new Avatar height?
Any idea what min/medium/max height in cm?
Still no any numbers during recreation process, and nothing around, you could compare with :(

I think to some extent, that has always been a problem with avatar creation. Without a frame of reference (other people's avatars to compare with), there's no way to know how big or small you really are. I'm not sure what a solution would be; I always thought a simple slider with a max & min would be sufficient, with 5 being average or smack-dab in the middle, and 1 & 10 being the extremes. I've always made myself at the taller end of the scale, exactly where I want to be; maybe 7.5 out of 10, as it were.

Is it really so hard for MA to mess that up?

Here's an idea: In the avatar creation phase, they could include sample avatars that you would see when you zoom out to the max, indicating the minimum & maximum for height & weight, at the very least.

Is it really so hard for MA to mess that up?

Here's an idea: In the avatar creation phase, they could include sample avatars that you would see when you zoom out to the max, indicating the minimum & maximum for height & weight, at the very least.
I think it could be even more simple start with height/weight (and add numbers near those two sliders), as result you will get two most important parameters you need to create avatar, you want.

Since it's more than clear, what you will get with height 200 cm and weight 50 kg or with height 150 cm and weight 150 kg :laugh:

Wish I made my skin tone a bit lighter, but I am warming up to my new looks now.

Tested the settings, a little tweaking here & there.
Nothing spectacular or grotesque :eyecrazy:, but didn't really turn out like I'd hoped.

Also, what to wear? Most clothes &armor all look like bleh (with my ava + modest graphic settings)..

-----

...after hours of tweaks of face/body/hair color/style, the old new April returns :laugh:
There's still a day left, but I'll stick to this version.

Attachments

• april_vu14_400.jpg
    april_vu14_400.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks LeeLoo, this thread is hilarious :)

After reading of all the problems with colors etc, I decided to use the K.I.S.S. rule for now, and didn't try anything too different. Had gotten tired of the long hair style I'd stuck with through the last two new avatars, so swapped that for something new, didn't come out bad at all I think. The skin is actually ok, but I did notice while in game some color glitches and avatars suddenly becoming warped monsters lol, different lighting in different spots made me look green skinned etc.

Serious deja vu though with the clothes, the old issue with the size of your bottom and boobs changing depending on what clothes you put on, and for some reason the pelvis seems to want to droop lower than it should while the backside tilts up, and ofc, the return of the camel toe where there was none before :laugh: I'm happy enough with it all though, will see what she looks like after the patch to decide if I want to 'fix' her a bit more.

plastic face pre VU14

VU14

Green fever VU14

Ok, I finally decided I'm going with this:

The smug face of a true alpha male!

huskie14final.jpg

Complete with a powdered wig for badassedness! Also tell me this isn't a profile worth imprinting in coins!

huskie14finalside.jpg

The smoking hot body of a legitimate sex machine:

huskie14finalbody.jpg

Looking dramatically into the horizon with the chin held high, like a boss!

huskie14finalbodydramatic.jpg

Here's what wearing aakas texture does to your ava :laugh:

bug_aakas.jpg

The pic is of Alaina and I dancing on the ToS Normandie. Alaina says it only happens in space , and she was fine on Caly. I was just the same on Caly however.

If i take off my Aakas texured top, I look like like a builder (still using default ava)

jay :)

bug_aakas.jpg

The pic is of Alaina and I dancing on the ToS Normandie. Alaina says it only happens in space , and she was fine on Caly. I was just the same on Caly however.

If i take off my Aakas texured top, I look like like a builder (still using default ava)

I want one of those!!

bug_aakas.jpg

I want one of those!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lolup::ahh:

Want one fo what Huskie? :eyecrazy: which part? :laugh:

"Bonnie want to test somthing" - " sure why not".....
Be afraid... be very afraid! :laugh:

( I trust im in good hands...:eyecrazy:)

be_afraid.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lolup::ahh:

Want one fo what Huskie? :eyecrazy: which part? :laugh:

"Bonnie want to test somthing" - " sure why not".....
Be afraid... be very afraid! :laugh:

( I trust im in good hands...:eyecrazy:)

be_afraid.jpg

:shower: Ty :D You're a ton of help :yay:

Back