Driver Problem

p3x

Hatchling
Hi,

I'm having problems with my ATI radeon mobility 9200 (64MB) video card in my HP pavilion zt3000.
I dont know what else I need to do to install last version of the drivers. The last drivers from HP simply do not work.
Then I tried the drivers from ATI but I got this "inf error" message. Then I used program dhmood, but after the installation when I resarted the computer the screen became fuzzy.
I contacted HP support with no positive results (after the failure of every solution, they even told me to reinstall my operating system!). Then I contacted ATI and they told me to contact HP :mad: .
Finally I found omegadrivers but after the installation I get a black screen.
I need at least the version 6.14.10.6525 to play Project Entropia. But the only working version is 6.14.10.6451 (previous from the last) provided by HP.
Is there a solution on how to bye-pass this? I can't even see how the game looks!! :(
Can someone please help???
Thanks in advance,

pbx

So you are saying that the OEM provided drivers do not work?

Isn't there a section on ATI.com for custom platform drivers? The standard ones will not work (that is why I hate OEM systems and I like to help anyone custom build their PCs)

ATI 9200 is FAKE

mrproper said:
So you are saying that the OEM provided drivers do not work?

Isn't there a section on ATI.com for custom platform drivers? The standard ones will not work (that is why I hate OEM systems and I like to help anyone custom build their PCs)

Please check this:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_CN0300W
Can u belive it????

Instead of an ATI 9200 I have an ATI 9000… This is HP customer care!!

Still, can someone help???

Last edited:
Well here's what I would do.

To install the driver. Download the latest driver and put it some place easy to find. Next uninstall the old driver if you having problems upgrading. This involves booting into safe mode. (winxp i'm assuming) Go into control panel > add/remove. Remove all the programs related to your vid card. Then go into control panel > system > device manager (it's under one of the tabs) and remove everything under "display adapters."
Restart your computer and install the driver clean following the directions. (sometimes they have stupid little things you need to do to get it to work like turning off your virus software) :)

if all else fails try checking around www.computing.net for an answer. They are much better at this then I.

Also never had a problem on my 7500 with older drivers. Not sure why you need the latest?

p3x said:
Please check this:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_CN0300W
Can u belive it????

Instead of an ATI 9200 I have an ATI 9000… This is HP customer care!!

Still, can someone help???

I have the same chipset (Mobility Radeon 9000) on Centrino. I am taking a look around and completing this post.

The official ATI drivers will not work, so you have to get the OEM supplied ones, I am looking for my Toshiba version, could work very well since it's the GPU driver not the platform driver.

Windows 2000 Display Driver for ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 display adapters

Found the online version at http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=393487&moid=380605

Download link: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/ts1vid2.exe

If it fails, reboot in safe mode and uninstall it.

Last edited:
Forgive this is off point, but I agree with Dragon Fred. Did you try it before attempting an upgrade?

I am running a fairly new Compaq laptop, and the GeForce graphics adapter won't support the driver MA wants you to use. I just got the latest one for this machine and ran it anyway.

Seems to be working fine other than the processor, memory and HD all could use an upgrade.

Rumsponge said:
Forgive this is off point, but I agree with Dragon Fred. Did you try it before attempting an upgrade?

I am running a fairly new Compaq laptop, and the GeForce graphics adapter won't support the driver MA wants you to use. I just got the latest one for this machine and ran it anyway.

Seems to be working fine other than the processor, memory and HD all could use an upgrade.

Are you talking about a hardware update or driver update? And Dragon Fred passed over some steps, the most important is: getting an actual working driver, standards ATI drivers do not work on the mobility chipset, it is not detected, thus not supported, the only functional drivers are the ones the laptop's producer releases. They are old and obsolete, and you have to make due with what you get. Read my above post.

dragonfred said:
Well here's what I would do.

Also never had a problem on my 7500 with older drivers. Not sure why you need the latest?

If I missed the point, I apologize.

I have a Presario R3000 which comes with NVIDIA GeForce4 420 graphics. When I read MA's instructions, I freeked out because it won't support the drivers they require.

I figured I'd give it a try anyway, so I downloaded the latest one specifically for my machine from Compaq which is 7.2.3.0. I play PE/EU a lot and it seems to work fine but their compatibility check still says that my machine is out of date.

I was just wondering if you had tried running PE with the original HP drivers to verify that it won't work, because I think your machine is actually newer than mine.

A little off-topic maybe, but PE does not really require those drivers mentioned... I've gotten PE to run on Matrox G400 and G550 and an ex-housemate of mine had it running on an S3 something something... So just install the latest drivers you can find that fit your PC and run PE ;)

PE blocks

Chainfire said:
A little off-topic maybe, but PE does not really require those drivers mentioned... I've gotten PE to run on Matrox G400 and G550 and an ex-housemate of mine had it running on an S3 something something... So just install the latest drivers you can find that fit your PC and run PE ;)

The problem is that PE is blocking when loading ! :(
Thats why I'm trying to run it with the recomended version of the drivers...
BTW I already made everything u all told to do, but with no positive results...

I will try the toshiba drivers now!

Thank you all,

Hope to play PE soon, even if I have to buy a new video card :confused:

Toshiba drivers don't work also :(
Anyway, Chainfire and other say they can play without last drivers so I would like to ask if anyone has this problem:

When I run PE it keeps loading until sistem blocks and I need to restart Win.
Is there a console (like in counter strike) so I can see what the problem is?
I even turned off firewall (OUTPOST - usually in alow most mode) and antivirus (AVAST).

Thanks

PE is blocking when loading?

Still not entirely sure what the problem is. Do you mean that PE looks blocky? or PE itself is not loading? How far do you get? Is there some sort of error message? You sure it's not a firewall problem (have you tried turning off your firewalls to test to see if that's what's blocking it)? Running through a router (some have firewalls on them)? Running through a school network (some schools block specific ports)?

Did the Toshiba drivers detect your video card or they refused to install?

EU loads in the following sequence:

Shortcut starts the CL
CL shows the EULA
After you Accept it (without actually reading it :rolleyes: ) you get the update check dialog
The dialog checks the online VU number, and may download and patch several files
The CL shows the login window with the news page, Options button and login form

After you enter your account and click Launch, the news page is refreshed, the update check routine is ran again and the PE.exe game engine is launched.
The engine opens a D3D fullscreen layer (black) and loads a minimal set of graphics.
You then see the new loading screen, and in the middle, the following texts in order:

INITIALIZING - more data is loaded
CONNECTING - client server connectivity is established
AUTHORIZING - your account data is verified
LOADING - your avatar and related items + environment is loaded

And then you play.

At wich point is the game crashing/cracking up?

mrproper said:
Did the Toshiba drivers detect your video card or they refused to install?

EU loads in the following sequence:

Shortcut starts the CL
CL shows the EULA
After you Accept it (without actually reading it :rolleyes: ) you get the update check dialog
The dialog checks the online VU number, and may download and patch several files
The CL shows the login window with the news page, Options button and login form

After you enter your account and click Launch, the news page is refreshed, the update check routine is ran again and the PE.exe game engine is launched.
The engine opens a D3D fullscreen layer (black) and loads a minimal set of graphics.
You then see the new loading screen, and in the middle, the following texts in order:

INITIALIZING - more data is loaded
CONNECTING - client server connectivity is established
AUTHORIZING - your account data is verified
LOADING - your avatar and related items + environment is loaded

And then you play.

At wich point is the game crashing/cracking up?

The drivers did not recognize the card...
The game is blocking at LOADING (I don't have any firewall or router now).
After the restart, there is an error message saying that windows (home ed)recovered from a serious problem (don't know if this is the correct translation, mine is in portuguese).When I click to see the files that contents the errors it says:
C:\DOCUME~1\"MY NAME"\DEFINI~1\Temp\WER13ed.dir00\Mini043006-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\"MY NAME"\DEFINI~1\Temp\WER13ed.dir00\sysdata.xml

Can u help please?

Tanks :)

p3x said:
The drivers did not recognize the card...
The game is blocking at LOADING (I don't have any firewall or router now).
After the restart, there is an error message saying that windows (home ed)recovered from a serious problem (don't know if this is the correct translation, mine is in portuguese).When I click to see the files that contents the errors it says:
C:\DOCUME~1\"MY NAME"\DEFINI~1\Temp\WER13ed.dir00\Mini043006-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\"MY NAME"\DEFINI~1\Temp\WER13ed.dir00\sysdata.xml

Can u help please?

Tanks :)

Try pressing Alt+Tab while the game is initializing. Can you do it when it locks? Can you normally shutdown the laptop with the power button?

If not, try reinstalling the game again, (erase, reinstall). Also, you posted plenty of information, you can open a support case with MA and write this topic's link in there, preferably the one that shows the entire topic.

Memory Dump

You don't have anything else loaded in the background, do you?

I checked my machine and I don't have the directories the error message refers to. Can you check and see what else is in the C:\Documents and Settings\"Your Name"\DEFINI... folder. What is the full name of the folder?

From the file names, it looks like they are memory dump files, but Windows normally creates its memory dumps in the Windows directory and names them "Memory.dmp", oddly enough.

I'd be curious as to where these files are coming from. If they are related to PE, they may be helpful to the support people.

mrproper said:
Try pressing Alt+Tab while the game is initializing. Can you do it when it locks? Can you normally shutdown the laptop with the power button?

If not, try reinstalling the game again, (erase, reinstall). Also, you posted plenty of information, you can open a support case with MA and write this topic's link in there, preferably the one that shows the entire topic.

After Loding starts nothing works. I have to press reset botton.
I already reinstalled the game...
After google search, I found a few ppl with the same problem. Some say that its related with over heating because of video card overcking (whicth I don't have), other say that is related with video card drivers of ati 9200 and others say something so stupid that I will not say it here (their solution didn't work also). I also found, in microsoft web support (Article ID : 318023 ), that this error appears also in some computers making then to continually resart.

Can u please tell me how to "open a support case with MA and write this topic's link in there" (what is MA?). Sorry for being such a n00b.

Thank u all

p3x said:
After Loding starts nothing works. I have to press reset botton.
I already reinstalled the game...
After google search, I found a few ppl with the same problem. Some say that its related with over heating because of video card overcking (whicth I don't have), other say that is related with video card drivers of ati 9200 and others say something so stupid that I will not say it here (their solution didn't work also). I also found, in microsoft web support (Article ID : 318023 ), that this error appears also in some computers making then to continually resart.

Can u please tell me how to "open a support case with MA and write this topic's link in there" (what is MA?). Sorry for being such a n00b.

Thank u all

MA is short for MindArk, the game creator and maintainer. They have a support system on the site, you login and go to My Support and issue a new support case... link is around the forum if you can't find it. Their job is to give you copy-pasted answers about incorrect drivers in your case, but sometimes they could give you a good fix.

Recent News

Finally a blue screen apeared after game cracks (unfortunatky)!
It said that controlers of hardware are not working well. The file ati2dvag made an infinite cicle!

The error code is

0x000000EA (0x82158020, 0x8262E9C8, 0xF8B3CB4, 0x00000001)

ati2dvag

Does this help?

After I searched MS suport and I found the Article ID: 293078, and tried their WORKAROUND solution (to Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None), which gave a new error message from Windows saying:
Renderer creation error: HAL device not available for default adapter.

Nothing done
:(

BTW, I issued a new support case.

Thank u :)

Last edited:
p3x said:
Finally a blue screen apeared after game cracks (unfortunatky)!
It said that controlers of hardware are not working well. The file ati2dvag made an infinite cicle!

The error code is

0x000000EA (0x82158020, 0x8262E9C8, 0xF8B3CB4, 0x00000001)

ati2dvag

Does this help?

After I searched MS suport and I found the Article ID: 293078, and tried their WORKAROUND solution (to Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None), which gave a new error message from Windows saying:
Renderer creation error: HAL device not available for default adapter.

Nothing done
:(

BTW, I issued a new support case.

Thank u :)

That's no workaround... :laugh:

I got that error too yesterday, my first driver exception since I have the laptop, about 8 months. I activated too many Visualize boxes on tower booths. You can't disable enhanced functions on your video card and expect it to keep working in 3D applications.

Were you in the game or did the BSOD came after 45 seconds of you looking at the frozen screen?

mrproper said:
That's no workaround... :laugh:

I got that error too yesterday, my first driver exception since I have the laptop, about 8 months. I activated too many Visualize boxes on tower booths. You can't disable enhanced functions on your video card and expect it to keep working in 3D applications.

Were you in the game or did the BSOD came after 45 seconds of you looking at the frozen screen?

The BSOD came at the same time I pressed shutdown bottom (which is the same for hibernate), when the game was blocked, after Loading starts. I don't know if it came naturally or not... but it was the first time.

:confused:

recent news

I just tried to run PE reducing all the graphic effects (for Older video cards) under ‘Options’ on the Entropia Universe Login window (ClientLoader). This tip was given by MA.
But still blocking.

So the only solution is to bye a new video card, I think.
Does anyone know any compatble with intel 855PM chipset? I think this processor supports only AGP 4X mode operation... is this a problem?

Regards

Back