Make-up masks in VU 14.0.1

SHY

Stalker
Question! :wise:

I had made a facemask myself a couple of months ago...
Then MindArk disabled the facemask and 1 week ago they it activated again. But then it looked very very messy.

Yesterday they did this small patch release to "fix" it. But it still isnt the same as before. I used to have straight lines in my facemask, but now i have curly lines.

Anyone else have this issue also?

Sam fishsticks, her mask was not right that she had prior as well.

Now my beef and I don't understand why MA is doing this. If we can go in the creation room unlimited times for now, why can't we change the mask we are given. When I got it I didn't even know really I was just playing around with it. The one I have surely is not the one I would have picked for keeps. Not sure if this is a bug, or because it's an item that ended up in inventory it cannot be changed. MA if you are reading any of these threads............. the mask should be a choice as many times as well until we cannot visit that room anymore, or some notice there saying choose wisely once you pick this you cannot change your mind.

Sam fishsticks, her mask was not right that she had prior as well.

Now my beef and I don't understand why MA is doing this. If we can go in the creation room unlimited times for now, why can't we change the mask we are given. When I got it I didn't even know really I was just playing around with it. The one I have surely is not the one I would have picked for keeps. Not sure if this is a bug, or because it's an item that ended up in inventory it cannot be changed. MA if you are reading any of these threads............. the mask should be a choice as many times as well until we cannot visit that room anymore, or some notice there saying choose wisely once you pick this you cannot change your mind.

Noohoo! This thread is NOT about the facemask you can make in the new avatar creation center. Its about masks that were made a while ago, before VU14 was implemented.

mine seems to be repaired.. just the haircut is not too good to see it fully ..
but with this mask the lines dont have to be that accurate ..

newavatar.jpg

Noohoo! This thread is NOT about the facemask you can make in the new avatar creation center. Its about masks that were made a while ago, before VU14 was implemented.

Yes I know and sam fishsticks prior masks that she had were screwed up. I just added my gripe about the ones in creation room because it is still talk about masks. :)

Yes I know and sam fishsticks prior masks that she had were screwed up. I just added my gripe about the ones in creation room because it is still talk about masks. :)

Ohhh i understand now, sorry!
Later i will send a supportcase to MindArk to ask them about this issue. Or if someone already did and received a answer, please let me know. I really want my mask back at the state it was. I hope MindArk will do something about it cause it had put in a lot of hours to make it perfect in my eyes. But lets see what they say after i submit the supportcase.
I was just wondering if more people had this problem so i made this thread. But seems i am not the only one. But so far they did a good job by fixing the avatar creation center. What i put in, it almost came out the same for my avatar.
I totally forgot to take a screenshot of myself from the mask before else i was able to show you the difference between before VU14 and after VU14.

Ohhh i understand now, sorry!
Later i will send a supportcase to MindArk to ask them about this issue. Or if someone already did and received a answer, please let me know. I really want my mask back at the state it was. I hope MindArk will do something about it cause it had put in a lot of hours to make it perfect in my eyes. But lets see what they say after i submit the supportcase.
I was just wondering if more people had this problem so i made this thread. But seems i am not the only one. But so far they did a good job by fixing the avatar creation center. What i put in, it almost came out the same for my avatar.
I totally forgot to take a screenshot of myself from the mask before else i was able to show you the difference between before VU14 and after VU14.

No problems.

I put in a support case but it was about the masks in the creation room LOL. Yes I am going to bitch about it, should be switchable until they close the door on that room. I did purchase a blank mask from auction last night. I used to loot makeups etc and so did Roni so maybe I will play with it myself, although not sure if you have to have a certain skill, or if anybody can do it. Or I would have the items needed to have someone do it for me. :)

...I put in a support case but it was about the masks in the creation room LOL. ...

I'll be interested to hear the outcome of that.
The first time I went thru the creation room (after last week's VU), I didn't noticed the option for makeup at all. However when I next logged in I was surprised to find a 'blank' mask in my inventory. I'm not at all sure what to do with that :)
And now, no matter mask is selected in the ava creation area, I still only have the 'blank' one ingame.

No problems.

I put in a support case but it was about the masks in the creation room LOL. Yes I am going to bitch about it, should be switchable until they close the door on that room. I did purchase a blank mask from auction last night. I used to loot makeups etc and so did Roni so maybe I will play with it myself, although not sure if you have to have a certain skill, or if anybody can do it. Or I would have the items needed to have someone do it for me. :)

To design a makeup-mask there is no certain skill needed. You just need to be a good designer and be able to control your mouse/mousepen/trackball etc nicely :)

The first time I went thru the creation room (after last week's VU), I didn't noticed the option for makeup at all. However when I next logged in I was surprised to find a 'blank' mask in my inventory. I'm not at all sure what to do with that :)
And now, no matter mask is selected in the ava creation area, I still only have the 'blank' one ingame.

yeah, me too :(

cant they just set them untradeable etc. so you dont get money from tting or something
or better yet, replace them
atm this sucks :(

oh wow that is a bummer..... maybe there is a bug with the masks afterall. Did you try to put it on and take it off? I am really curious if they could be TT and out of inventory if a new mask would then be created. But I don't want to take the chance of trying to find out and lose what I do have.

To design a makeup-mask there is no certain skill needed. You just need to be a good designer and be able to control your mouse/mousepen/trackball etc nicely :)

Thank you very much for that info. :) I may be shopping for some makeup.

yeah, me too :(

cant they just set them untradeable etc. so you dont get money from tting or something
or better yet, replace them
atm this sucks :(

Well if maybe enough of us gripe to ma they will look into this. Maybe there is a bug with the masks in creation. Who knows and it sure doens't hurt to put in a support case regardless

Okay I went ingame and took off my mask and headed for the TT terminal as to get rid of it from my inventory. " You face decoratoin 004 is not refundable and it's value of 89 pec will not be returned to your balance." So we can get rid of it.\

Question is. If it was TT, it would be out of your inventory....... would another visit to the creation room let you generate a new mask?

Okay I went ingame and took off my mask and headed for the TT terminal as to get rid of it from my inventory. " You face decoratoin 004 is not refundable and it's value of 89 pec will not be returned to your balance." So we can get rid of it.\

Question is. If it was TT, it would be out of your inventory....... would another visit to the creation room let you generate a new mask?
hm, interesting idea

i may actually test that once i get home

an empty mask is kinda useless anyway :)

Yep same here, didn't even see the make-up options first time around :(

Just tried that. TT'd the mask first (it was no use to me as totally blank), then relogged.
This time I selected a mask in the ava creation room, but there was nothing in inventory when I entered the game.

hm, interesting idea

i may actually test that once i get home

an empty mask is kinda useless anyway :)

Well if you do do this please let us know ...............I am tempted but still I do have some makeup which I do like, I just like something better, hahah getting greedy here I guess...... ugh.

Just tried that. TT'd the mask first (it was no use to me as totally blank), then relogged.
This time I selected a mask in the ava creation room, but there was nothing in inventory when I entered the game.

Thanks for the info Serica. Hmmmmmm Still think there is a bug with this somewhere....

hmm, thats bad

generally its a wrong thing to do tho

afterall, if you give unlimited attempts you could very well change your appearance to a state where your old mask wouldnt fit anymore and you wanted a new one which fits better
so there should be one given o_O

especially since you cant sell it for peds even

besides, other idea

maybe we should write a support case about it and say like
"if ya cant give it automatically, maybe you could spawn mask nr X in my inventory" :D

if its just an issue for a few ppl this may be faster for them ^^

My mask was trashed when i logged on about midnight MA time, not sure if the patch had been released by then. I sent a support case.

My mask was trashed when i logged on about midnight MA time, not sure if the patch had been released by then. I sent a support case.

Oh yes the patch was already released by then.

It was a mask that you created BEFORE VU14 right and became inactive for a while?
If so... Then i guess, Welcome to my club Phil :)

No problems.

For those that were curious about my support case input. Okay well fix it I say LMAO

Pretty much your typical canned letter LOL

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

The developing team is currently investigating this manner.

Kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience this causes you. Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Kind Regards,
Obadiah | Planet Arkadia Support

My mask is indeed trashed. These masks have a high tt value even when blank, and value is added when the artist creates one. I think they need to fix them correctly, by which I mean they should be returned to exactly the appearance they had before the change. Nothing else is acceptable or proper.

My mask is indeed trashed. These masks have a high tt value even when blank, and value is added when the artist creates one. I think they need to fix them correctly, by which I mean they should be returned to exactly the appearance they had before the change. Nothing else is acceptable or proper.

I agree. I saw Saradu's her posts so it seems that support is aware of this. Now we wait for a solution :)

I agree. I saw Saradu's her posts so it seems that support is aware of this. Now we wait for a solution :)

But the masks I am referring to are the new ones in the Creation room, NOT the ones prior that others have had. Of course I bought a mask and some makeup and will try to make one of my own since I am not getting what I wanted in the creation room. Two different things here are being talked about although Masks are the subject.

i got this answer

"Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. At the moment, we are offering all users the opportunity to use the avatar creation interfacve an unlimted number of times for a period of approximately one week, Once this period is over and you use the last opportunity to recreate your avatar, you will receive the face decoration mask."

then some apology for inconvience caused and to check updates and stuff in client loader

so i ghess when that unlimited thing is disabled and we get the last change, its time to choose the mask ^^

i got this answer

"Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. At the moment, we are offering all users the opportunity to use the avatar creation interfacve an unlimted number of times for a period of approximately one week, Once this period is over and you use the last opportunity to recreate your avatar, you will receive the face decoration mask."

then some apology for inconvience caused and to check updates and stuff in client loader

so i ghess when that unlimited thing is disabled and we get the last change, its time to choose the mask ^^

I guess I am not interpreting it the same as you Alice. I personally don't think they know what the hell they are talking about. Guess we will find out. Thanks for posting this though

I guess I am not interpreting it the same as you Alice. I personally don't think they know what the hell they are talking about. Guess we will find out. Thanks for posting this though
either answer looks like a "wait and see"

Back