Make-up masks in VU 14.0.1

I'm new to makeup masks, so apologies if my questions seem ignorant...I bought a large mask from years ago but even when the makeup system worked, I was too afraid to use it due to issues with routers/firewall ports and such causing major problems with makeup screwing up or not being applied, lost makeup & PEDs as a result...so here are a few:

1. A) Re: The makeup mask we were given this VU: Is it normal for it to become unequipped every time I select an armor or clothing quick-set to equip?

B) I thought makeup masks were permanent; once you equipped or applied it, the makeup printed on it was applied to your face permanently--unless you did a new mask, for example. Maybe the one we got this VU will only become permanent after the week of avatar creation ends?

2. It appears that old makeup masks work now; does that mean it's possible again to create a mask and apply it?

3. A few weeks ago, I crafted a bunch of small (L) makeup masks, just because I had the resources wasting space in storage. All of them ended up with minimal condition. Is there any point in keeping these? I would assume having almost no value--and being unable to repair them--that they're TT food.

I'm new to makeup masks, so apologies if my questions seem ignorant...I bought a large mask from years ago but even when the makeup system worked, I was too afraid to use it due to issues with routers/firewall ports and such causing major problems with makeup screwing up or not being applied, lost makeup & PEDs as a result...so here are a few:

1. A) Re: The makeup mask we were given this VU: Is it normal for it to become unequipped every time I select an armor or clothing quick-set to equip?

B) I thought makeup masks were permanent; once you equipped or applied it, the makeup printed on it was applied to your face permanently--unless you did a new mask, for example. Maybe the one we got this VU will only become permanent after the week of avatar creation ends?

2. It appears that old makeup masks work now; does that mean it's possible again to create a mask and apply it?

3. A few weeks ago, I crafted a bunch of small (L) makeup masks, just because I had the resources wasting space in storage. All of them ended up with minimal condition. Is there any point in keeping these? I would assume having almost no value--and being unable to repair them--that they're TT food.

1) no the normal makeup masks should stay on with armour/hats.. did you include your mask in the set? or is it the free face decoration? but imho even that stayed on when I equipped armour
MakeUp Mask are always items that you can equipp / unequipp any time. But they decay a lot, and break at 90% so use it wisely :)

2) yep the normal make up masks are back working and can be drawn again

3) no point in keeping low value masks, next time use metal residue to make them full tt

1) no the normal makeup masks should stay on with armour/hats.. did you include your mask in the set? or is it the free face decoration? but imho even that stayed on when I equipped armour
MakeUp Mask are always items that you can equipp / unequipp any time. But they decay a lot, and break at 90% so use it wisely :)

2) yep the normal make up masks are back working and can be drawn again

3) no point in keeping low value masks, next time use metal residue to make them full tt

I am getting confused about the masks now, are there two kinds of masks? Normal make up masks and ???

I am getting confused about the masks now, are there two kinds of masks? Normal make up masks and ???

The ones you get in creation room are called "face decoration" have tt value of 1 ped and you can wear on top of makeup masks (hand drawn by players)

i got this answer

"Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. At the moment, we are offering all users the opportunity to use the avatar creation interfacve an unlimted number of times for a period of approximately one week, Once this period is over and you use the last opportunity to recreate your avatar, you will receive the face decoration mask."

then some apology for inconvience caused and to check updates and stuff in client loader

so i ghess when that unlimited thing is disabled and we get the last change, its time to choose the mask ^^

Thx for posting this! Sounds promising that on last day of tweaking we should try to get the face decoration we like. :)

Thx for posting this! Sounds promising that on last day of tweaking we should try to get the face decoration we like. :)

:) surely hoping you are understanding that better than me. Because I want different than what I have at the moment (although greatful for having it).........not realizing that trying them out and looking at them the last one I tried was one I got stuck with... grrrr hahah, thank god it wasn't the green eyed thing in there :silly2:

Also Alice's case was a little different if I remember correctly. Her decoration mask ended up being blank.......... so maybe in her case at the end of the time period she would get one that was not blank. Those of us with them that are not blank? Guess we will find out. HOpe MA when we go in for our very last time puts up a message stating as such. Like I said each time I go back in that room, before I leave I always chose the Mask I really want just in case........

I must say i am confused now lol, sorry to talk about masks in the creation room.

Do MA supply a makeup mask in the creation room, which we can paint on and then equip when we leave the creation room. Or is just for playing around with in the creation room?

Rgds

Ace

I must say i am confused now lol, sorry to talk about masks in the creation room.

Do MA supply a makeup mask in the creation room, which we can paint on and then equip when we leave the creation room. Or is just for playing around with in the creation room?

Rgds

Ace

There are 12 mask choices in the creation room, ( they are Presets) it's just above the icon where you can see yourself in three different items of clothing. The last mask you have looked at and tried on in the creation room is the one that will go with you ingame. That was my complaint not knowing this and getting stuck with one that was ok, but not one I really wanted. So for just in case.............make sure you have one you like the best on before you *EXIT*.. we cannot paint these as ones bought inworld and paint. But these apparently do not decay and you have always. They cannot be traded or sold.........

:) surely hoping you are understanding that better than me. Because I want different than what I have at the moment, (although greatful for having it).........not realizing that trying them out and looking at them the last one I tried was one I got stuck with... grrrr hahah, thank god it wasn't the green eyed thing in there :silly2:

Also Alice's case was a little different if I remember correctly. Her decoration mask ended up being blank.......... so maybe in her case at the end of the time period she would get one that was not blank. Those of us with them that are not blank? Guess we will find out. HOpe MA when we go in for our very last time puts up a message stating as such. Like I said each time I go back in that room, before I leave I always chose the Mask I really want just in case........

i didnt know that the face decoration thing is different from a mask o_O

and no, my mask wasnt blank because it was buggy or so

on the first makeover (the one having bad lighting etc.), where i waited til the announcement came of unlimited ava redos
now i figured if i get unlimited redos in a few days anyway, i couldnt do much wrong and went for the redo
not again, this wasnt in the time of the unlimited redos yet, it was the one where you just had the one shot before the unlimited redos
at that time i didn't even realise there was a makeup option, frankly i didn't search that much either, since I would get unlimited redos soon
and then i ended up with a blank face deco although, or rather because, i didn't choose any makeup this first time ^.-)

hence i find it a tad strange that you dont get an updated face deco now with the unlimited redos
afterall, you may change to other looks where the old makeup doesnt fit anymore and would be stuck with the old mask or something

i hope this made my part more clear
sry if I didnt explain it correctly before

i

hence i find it a tad strange that you dont get an updated face deco now with the unlimited redos
afterall, you may change to other looks where the old makeup doesnt fit anymore and would be stuck with the old mask or something

sry if I didnt explain it correctly before

This is where we both agree............. :)

There are 12 mask choices in the creation room, ( they are Presets) it's just above the icon where you can see yourself in three different items of clothing. The last mask you have looked at and tried on in the creation room is the one that will go with you ingame. That was my complaint not knowing this and getting stuck with one that was ok, but not one I really wanted. So for just in case.............make sure you have one you like the best on before you *EXIT*.. we cannot paint these as ones bought inworld and paint. But these apparently do not decay and you have always. They cannot be traded or sold.........

Thankyou, very clear and concise :)

Rgds

Ace

My free mask is 0.01/0.95 ped, and it decay when I equip it, how you can be sure it will stay forever after it reaches 0.01? :laugh: Also my friend with F ava logged in yesterday for the first time after update, he choose make up mask but did not get it on planet :wise:

My free mask is 0.01/0.95 ped, and it decay when I equip it, how you can be sure it will stay forever after it reaches 0.01? :laugh: Also my friend with F ava logged in yesterday for the first time after update, he choose make up mask but did not get it on planet :wise:

Well I was told these don't decay and so far mine has not decayed at all, being taken on and off.......They for sure are not Limited. As for your friend I have no idea, wierd stuff with this has been going on and why I guess we are talking about..........

mine decayed for a pec when i tried it i think ^.-

gotta go check when im home again

but after all they are not L so should be repairable?

Thankyou, very clear and concise :)

Rgds

Ace

only if your avatar is F
male dont have those face decorations.. they have beards :D

Maybe they decay due to bug, at first mask was 1 ped and you could repair it to 9 ped (with error), after patch they become 0.01 pec, but with extra TT value (my now 0.01/0.95 pec). We will know after somebody decay his mask to 0.01 pec :cool:

Question! :wise:

I had made a facemask myself a couple of months ago...
Then MindArk disabled the facemask and 1 week ago they it activated again. But then it looked very very messy.

Yesterday they did this small patch release to "fix" it. But it still isnt the same as before. I used to have straight lines in my facemask, but now i have curly lines.

Anyone else have this issue also?

I wanted to start a thread about the new make-up system and as i searched to see if there are any existing ones, i bumped into this one. I think i know what's the cause for your make-up problem. Now you have a different face than before VU 14 and different features can affect your make-up quite drastically. I will still open a thread about it and post pictures so you can see what i'm talking about :)

Maybe they decay due to bug, at first mask was 1 ped and you could repair it to 9 ped (with error), after patch they become 0.01 pec, but with extra TT value (my now 0.01/0.95 pec). We will know after somebody decay his mask to 0.01 pec :cool:

Don't see where you talk about decay, they are not. Now the ones purchased in auction etc do decay and cannot be repaired. The face decoration is another thing here so wondering if some are talking to different animals as well.

Oh i wish i was female............i mean........oh crap

Behold the bearded woman !!! Come take a look, only 50 pec :laugh:

On topic: I didnt even realize at first that I had the option to use preset makeup, noe I am also stuck with a blank mask.
Also good thing I stumbeled across this thread, cause I have been trying for quite some time (without any success) to paint stuff on the empty face decoration :(

Behold the bearded woman !!! Come take a look, only 50 pec :laugh:

On topic: I didnt even realize at first that I had the option to use preset makeup, noe I am also stuck with a blank mask.
Also good thing I stumbeled across this thread, cause I have been trying for quite some time (without any success) to paint stuff on the empty face decoration :(

The mask MA is giving us is a mask decoration, you cannot paint it. Only ones you can paint are those on auction/crafted...........

I bought one and will be making my own mask, but I want to see if I am still going to be stuck with number 4 or after the fact and last day there will be a final change to get what you really want, as some have posted here and what MA has said to them in support cases. So time will tell tomorrow

You can also use tailoring remnants when crafting masks to make them full TT, it's a bit cheaper to use.

Question! :wise:

I had made a facemask myself a couple of months ago...
Then MindArk disabled the facemask and 1 week ago they it activated again. But then it looked very very messy.

Yesterday they did this small patch release to "fix" it. But it still isnt the same as before. I used to have straight lines in my facemask, but now i have curly lines.

Anyone else have this issue also?

My make-up masks became a mess too, most noticable on one of the butterfly fantasy style masks I made:

makeupbefore.jpg

make-up%20after.jpg

-The glitterspray I used now causes horrible dark spots all over the mask instead of just a glitter effect.
-The blue frost touch on the lower lip is hardly visible anymore
and the 4 lines below my eyes:
-the lower 3 ones got extended
-they used to curve down smoothly.. most noticable at the 3rd line, but they are now straight at the end, with the 2nd one curving up in the middle where it shouldn't and going waay to far down at the end, and the lowest one has been stretched out to a curve covering my nose....
-the lines used to be smooth, small and round at the end with a little turqoise dot in them. Now they're...... well the picture tells it all really. Dear MindArk, this is not what I created =P

So it's not just the avatar's facial new features that affected the mask looks. The entire mask itself looks messed up compared to before already. my nose would have to be sticking inside my head, and my jaws would have to be tiny and placed very low & far to the front, etc. etc. in order to maybe make those lines look normal again.
It's scary to imagine what my face would have to look like to make the mask look "normal" again lol. I don't think it's even possible.

I sure do hope they fix it. If not it's quite a lot of time, material costs and upload fees wasted.

Last edited:
My make-up masks became a mess too, most noticable on one of the butterfly fantasy style masks I made:

makeupbefore.jpg

make-up%20after.jpg

-The glitterspray I used now causes horrible dark spots all over the mask instead of just a glitter effect.
-The blue frost touch on the lower lip is hardly visible anymore
and the 4 lines below my eyes:
-the lower 3 ones got extended
-they used to curve down smoothly.. most noticable at the 3rd line, but they are now straight at the end, with the 2nd one curving up in the middle where it shouldn't and going waay to far down at the end, and the lowest one has been stretched out to a curve covering my nose....
-the lines used to be smooth, small and round at the end with a little turqoise dot in them. Now they're...... well the picture tells it all really. Dear MindArk, this is not what I created =P

So it's not just the avatar's facial new features that affected the mask looks. The entire mask itself looks messed up compared to before already. my nose would have to be sticking inside my head, and my jaws would have to be tiny and placed very low & far to the front, etc. etc. in order to maybe make those lines look normal again.
It's scary to imagine what my face would have to look like to make the mask look "normal" again lol. I don't think it's even possible.

I sure do hope they fix it. If not it's quite a lot of time, material costs and upload fees wasted.

Thats a very noticable different look as i can see :(
I noticed the lines on your mask (the ones on the cheek are also not the same shaped lines either).
This same thing happened to my mask too. I just wait and see if the can fix it.

Oouuu .. looks quite horrible.
My mask is also not as accurate as it have been before but the mess is not as big as yours ..

I would like the option to edit it once to maybe "repair" it.. I doubt MA will have a chance to manually correct all the masks that have been handdrawn by players :(

I too spend a lot of time/money to get my mask done by sunjewel, I even doubt I can repair it myself :eyecrazy:

Back