NR & David Dobson Interview 23rd FEB!!!

Isclay

Alpha
Society
Damn it!
Isclay
(UPDATED) NR & David Dobson Interview 23rd FEB!!!

dd_interview_2-23-2013_1a_883858.jpg

Normandie Radio proudly presents another Pre-VU interview with the CEO of Arkadia David Dobson and DJ Isclay

Please feel free to post any and all of your questions here in this thread ....

As a special feature, several people will be choosen to ask their question directly to Dave LIVE on air ...

For several reasons (i.e. organization, time-zones and technical issues etc.) we can only allow a few players this opportunity and this will be by invitation only. We are currently in the process of identifying certain players who we feel would be both interested and interesting. We have reached out to some of them already and will be contacting more ASAP. IF you are interested in asking Dave his/her question LIVE please contact myself or Mel Bosshart via PM, Email or Normandie Radio Skype (see below). You can reach out to any of our Radio Staff and they will put you in direct contact with us ASAP. We cannot guarantee anyone a spot on this list but we look forward to speaking with you directly.

We would love to get people from all over the universe, of all lvl's and Professions, to participate in this exciting new format. Our intent is to try to cover every aspect of the game with specific emphasis on Planet Arkadia.

We will open a Special NR Interview Chat Room in Skype that will be reserved for those players who would like to participate in this interview.

ALSO - Invited Players need to follow some General Guidelines:

1) If you intend to ask your question LIVE on air, please do not post your question in this thread. We shall discuss your question in private prior to the interview via PM, Email or Skype. We ask this b/c we love the element of surprise and we also want to review any questions with you prior to the interview for the sake of the format.

2) Please understand that there are certain aspects of EU that Dave either doesn't have knowledge of or cannot speak to for Legal/Contractual Reasons. Questions about Mind Ark's intentions and/or Platform based information for example.

3) In order for NR to put you on air, you must be a skype user and be a member of our special NR Interview Chat Room. Obviously you must also have a headset w/ Microphone.

4) Please do not use profanity or cause any disruption while live on air. We reserve the right to cancel your connection, with immediate effect, if we feel that your behaviour is unacceptable.

5) You will be allowed to ask ONE question and Dave must be allowed sufficient time to answer, as much time as he desires.

6) Please RESPECT THE DAVE! He is a busy man and he has graciously agreed to this new interview format.

7) Please RESPECT Your NORMANDIE RADIO. We are working hard to serve the community of EU. Our organization strives to bring you the best of interesting content, ideas and innovation in Radio Programming. Your comments and feedback are always needed and wanted.

As stated above - This interview is scheduled for 23rd February at 1600 MA time. For those who are participating in the interview and asking questions of Dave, you will need to make yourself available on that day and be ready 30 minutes in advance of interview start time. This will give us time to queue you up, check sound and connections etc.​

Last edited:
...Bump...

...:bump:for the Interview:bump:

.....( insert your questions here ) :)

I have a question for Mr Dave:

My question is about UL items drop at Arkadia. Ive experinced that all items drop directly after an update.
Like when instances came Liakon armor dropped very often the first hour, I looted 2 pieces myself in a team. I heard about other players getting 4-5 pieces the first hour. Same thing when RAW and SIR rifles started dropping, heard about some people looting several weapons the first hour or two.
Back to my question: Are you planning to spread those future UL item drops over a longer period of time?
Not everyone have the possibility to login the first hour after an update and it will at least keep me more motivated to play more frequent than just aiming for 1 hour of gameplay to get lucky.

Off course u can edit my question, my english isnt the best :p

I have a question for Mr Dave:

My question is about UL items drop at Arkadia. Ive experinced that all items drop directly after an update.
Like when instances came Liakon armor dropped very often the first hour, I looted 2 pieces myself in a team. I heard about other players getting 4-5 pieces the first hour. Same thing when RAW and SIR rifles started dropping, heard about some people looting several weapons the first hour or two.
Back to my question: Are you planning to spread those future UL item drops over a longer period of time?
Not everyone have the possibility to login the first hour after an update and it will at least keep me more motivated to play more frequent than just aiming for 1 hour of gameplay to get lucky.

Off course u can edit my question, my english isnt the best :p

I can answer part of that before the interview, but it's still worthwhile having Dave comment on it. The PP can request that certain items be put into the loot pool, but MA controls when and how often they drop. Of course if you bring this question up to MA, they will say that they don't discuss loot balancing.

Last edited:
I can answer part of that before the interview, but it's still worthwhile having Dave comment on it. The PP can request that certain items be put into the loot pool, but MA controls when and how often they drop. Of course if you bring this question up to MA, they will say that they don't discuss loot balancing.

Yes, he will probably blame MA as usual. The reality is probably more complicated. CLD's in loot for example did not rain down as far as I'm aware within first hour or two of their VU and have been looting steadily.

It may be the case David Dobson wanted unlimited items to rain down as they did to show us what's there. A carrot if you like to promote those activities and he may have asked MA to set them to loot like that.

It takes an honest and brave person to step up to the plate and take responsibility for their actions. I doubt very much David Dobson is that person. His training and speciality instead seems to be spin-doctoring. To his credit he's very good at that...

This is probably not what Arkadian fans want to hear but I think there is a lot of truth in it...

....plz keep thread clean for questions .. :D

Yes, he will probably blame MA as usual. The reality is probably more complicated. CLD's in loot for example did not rain down as far as I'm aware within first hour or two of their VU and have been looting steadily.

It may be the case David Dobson wanted unlimited items to rain down as they did to show us what's there. A carrot if you like to promote those activities and he may have asked MA to set them to loot like that.

It takes an honest and brave person to step up to the plate and take responsibility for their actions. I doubt very much David Dobson is that person. His training and speciality instead seems to be spin-doctoring. To his credit he's very good at that...

This is probably not what Arkadian fans want to hear but I think there is a lot of truth in it...

Hi george

Perhaps this maybe a question you should post on bonnies thread to ask kim ..seeing as he is alot closer to the runnings of MA than perhaps david is ..

regards

Hi george

Perhaps this maybe a question you should post on bonnies thread to ask kim ..seeing as he is alot closer to the runnings of MA than perhaps david is ..

regards

What is wrong with asking David Dobson the person responsible for the decisions taken by Arkadia?

When will there be more ark story in game? Via quest missions and chains. Something long and juicy that players can work on separately and possibly yield good loot. They would take a good bit of time to complete and maybe depending on how many people complete them in a certain order or way changes the story for next year. Space drama! Not kill 3000000 oratans. :-D

Oh and maybe a good cinematic video or in game footage to tell the opening of stories. Be a great way to add depth to the game.

What is wrong with asking David Dobson the person responsible for the decisions taken by Arkadia?

No point in asking david ..and with you being in game as long as you have im sure it would have sunk in by now that planet partners do not have any control or information of the loot pool .. as neil has already said in a earlier post .

regards

Well I think my question is very imprtant both to me and other Arkadians. I do think Dave can do anything about this. Its not good as it is now with item drops. I do think A-Team want to reward "citizens" and not a 2 hour visitor that leaves as soon as items stopped dropping. I consider myself an Arkadian and if nothing will be changed I see no point of hunting there except after updates.

No point in asking david ..and with you being in game as long as you have im sure it would have sunk in by now that planet partners do not have any control or information of the loot pool .. as neil has already said in a earlier post .

regards

There is no evidence to indicate planet partners have no control over loot. Logic and what we see in our gameplay suggests otherwise that PP's do have some control over loot.

Control like what mob drops what item. What mob spawns where. I don't think the game can function if PP have no control over that.

PP may also have control over drop frequency. Which may just be a setting a PP needs adjust on how frequent it loots.

I agree that a PP is unlikely to have specific control like what item and what time etc it will drop. That is very very unlikely.

I'd rather keep an open mind than close of a possibility without any evidence. Your welcome to do otherwise and accept every word David Dobson says at face value it's a free world. You may be right, after all blind faith can sometimes be correct...

would you PLEASE keep this thread clean of personal opninions guys ...if you have a question to ask David feel free to post ....otherwise open an own thread please ....thx

There is no evidence to indicate planet partners have no control over loot. Logic and what we see in our gameplay suggests otherwise that PP's do have some control over loot.

Control like what mob drops what item. What mob spawns where. I don't think the game can function if PP have no control over that.

PP may also have control over drop frequency. Which may just be a setting a PP needs adjust on how frequent it loots.

I agree that a PP is unlikely to have specific control like what item and what time etc it will drop. That is very very unlikely.

I'd rather keep an open mind than close of a possibility without any evidence. Your welcome to do otherwise and accept every word David Dobson says at face value it's a free world. You may be right, after all blind faith can sometimes be correct...
If we judge by the ES300,400, 500 scanner fiasco on Rocktropia, planet partners do have control over loot. That move to raindrop scanners for 3-4 days like crazy wiped out dozens of K$ of worth, basically stealing from players like me and others who owned those items.

would you PLEASE keep this thread clean of personal opninions guys ...if you have a question to ask David feel free to post ....otherwise open an own thread please ....thx

Since this thread has already been "infected" hope you won't mind little input. Some free bumps won't hurt raising awareness about this interview. ;)

I also have 2 questions for David:

1. Treasure Hunting was supposed to be the main attraction on Arkadia, yet so far lots of people lost money on it, being totally disappointed by the implementation. Is there any hope treasure hunting will be radically overhauled?

2. Do you think it's wise to have the highest markup resources on taxed land since Entropia's cost to play is already pretty high? Why not sell Arkadia shares to those who participated in financing the planet instead of unloading that cost to the player in form of 5% tax rate?

Last edited:
Hi george

regards

Perhaps it is not? I think George's question is valid and alot of Entropians would like to hear answer. :scratch2:

regards..

.....5 days to go......

....3 days to go ....

30 minutes to go

next time do a mic check pls.. really hard for my ears to listen long to david when his mic is too loud, distortion sucks

thx for the interview tho, just some feedback to improve :)

Really interesting interview - looks like things will really ramp up in the coming months.

Good to hear daily new player rates already 3 times higher than 2012 and David's estimate of growing the Ark player base by 3 times over the next twelve months.:wtg:

Interested in the new event system that was talked about too, plus loads of other goodies coming along:cool:

Back