Mission chains and templates?

remontoire

Marauder
Society
Bravo Three-Nil
John itwasntme Remontoire
Please excuse me if it is very simple or covered somewhere -

How do mission chains and corresponding templates happen in Enrtopedia? With say Oro, I see that there is a {{IFN Oro}} included in the description of Oro, and Oro missions are tagged with "IFN Oro" in the mission page. However - even though say Jori missions are tagged with "IFN Jori", I can't use {{IFN Jori}} on the Jori page to link the missions to the mob.

Could somebody please tell me what are the parts that I am missing?

Hahaha!!! :D I figured it out! :yay: I feel like I am bursting with power :yay::yay::yay:

Oh, and for those who have wanted to make templates (whether for mission chains or otherwise) this is how it works:

1. Templates are "just" pages, the list of these can be viewed under Information -> Miscellaneous -> Pages
  2. Type the following url into your browser: www.entropiawiki.com/Page.aspx?page=Template:{Name of the template} (ommit the {}).
  3. Edit until happy - use preview, also the power of copy+paste from existing templates
  4. Add description and hit save
  5. Tada! now you have a new temaplte that can be included on other pages with {{template name}}

I was in the process of updating all the missions/templates/chains on entropedia but ran out of free time to be able to do so. I was able to finish all of the Calypso ones up to VU10 and then started working on the Arkadia ones starting from the instances.

What I found most frustraiting was that I was always having to go back and double my efforts in making/re-making charts because people would go in and screw up the formatting of them so that they did not comply with the rest of the website. This was the most painstaking process of it all..

Once I get more free time I'll probably be back at updating wiki.

It's good that you've figured out how to do it on your own ;)

~Danimal

Once I get more free time I'll probably be back at updating wiki.

It's good that you've figured out how to do it on your own ;)

~Danimal

Yeah, I made and linked a couple of mission chain templates, I guess I will make and link some more as time permits.

Back