Should a nodepositer have the same chance?

Depo vs NoDepo

• A non-depositor should have the same chance to HOF as a depositor.

Votes: 192 70.8%
  • No, a non-depositor shouldn't have the same chance to HOF

Votes: 62 22.9%
  • I dont care

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
How about we get more sponsors to the game. They inject a huge amounts of money to advertise what ever, then we as depositors and non depositors get a chance at the money!! lol As for the op, I think both should be equal. In reality, people who deposit already have a bigger chance as they can cycle more with out having to spend a lot of time pushing there loot on others to fund their next hunt, craft, and mine. ;)

Toothpaste and condom ads on every ingame screen? You really want that? :D
Well, actually we had that system before (Massive) :)

Don't know when MA removed it, I didn't seen any news about that and we had option in CL to disable it (but you will get regular loot in that way, that option gone as well).

/me seen zero RL advertisement while it was active :)

Toothpaste and condom ads on every ingame screen? You really want that? :D
Condoms I think are very necessary. Might reduce the amount of scammers to the universe!! :laugh: If MA would screen what kinds of adverts would appear ingame then it would add a viable source of ped. :)

If MA would screen what kinds of adverts would appear ingame then it would add a viable source of ped. :)
You mean, what we will see something like this: :scratch2:

near Trade Terminal / Repair Terminal? :laugh:

Or you expecting, what RL Items section (where GC was sold) will come back to TT and it will be there? :rolleyes:

Or you expecting, what RL Items section (where GC was sold) will come back to TT and it will be there? :rolleyes:

LOL love to see these machines in Canada!! LOL I was more incline in advertisers from say AMD, Nvidia, or the likes. Even technology adds like Android, since we have an app for that!! ;) But sure why not.. if it gets me my next ATH... by next I mean my first one and yes I am a depositor!! :wtg:

Okay. I think, this thread has been condomized successfully.

Umm....of course they should?

If two people spend the same ped on a creature/mining/craft/etc attempt they should have identical chances to hof. Anything else is screwed up.

If for some reason a non depositor wasn't spending ped, then of course they shouldn't have a chance to hof. But if they have ped and they are spending ped they should have the same chance at loot as anyone else who spends ped.

Well we do have to get protection before entering the contaminated pvp zone.

The only concern MA has is the amount of decay each person generates. Technically, depositors and non-depositors can generate equal amounts of decay, so results are/seem to be equal across the board. Depositing allows those with extra disposable income to advance to higher skill levels faster, but this is by their own choice. Realizing that doing so feeds their own money to players who haven't spent a dime, which creates a certain amount of animosity between the two groups. Serious consideration should be made to benefit depositors, special skill increases, seasonal gifts, etc. this might make depositing more attractive to the thousands of players who are just too cheap to contribute to the economy.

Seriously, anyone who owns a computer that can run Entropia Universe, can spare a few bucks once in a while, even cheap-ass people like me :cool:

The only concern MA has is the amount of decay each person generates. Technically, depositors and non-depositors can generate equal amounts of decay, so results are/seem to be equal across the board. Depositing allows those with extra disposable income to advance to higher skill levels faster, but this is by their own choice. Realizing that doing so feeds their own money to players who haven't spent a dime, which creates a certain amount of animosity between the two groups.

But again what happens if you deposited but achieved a level where you can provide for yourself in EU? Where your crafting, mining or hunting pays for itself should you be classed as a non depositor, where you've worked hard only to be then considered a second class citizen because you don't deposit anymore?

Serious consideration should be made to benefit depositors, special skill increases, seasonal gifts, etc. this might make depositing more attractive to the thousands of players who are just too cheap to contribute to the economy.

Isn't one of the Christmas gifts for depositing? But whats the minimum you'd find acceptable to be classed as a deposit to get these benefits, 50c or $20000? Should someone who deposits $5 a month get the same benefits as someone depositing $1000?

Aren't the benefits for depositing the ability to quickly achieve skilling levels and being able to buy the best equipment skipping the boring slog.

If we were to find ourselves in this position how long before the ones asking for it would become a victim of their own suggestions?

Besides until PED is withdrawn it doesn't matter who get's it, provided it's still being spent in game. A non-depositing player gets a hof and spends it with a depositor on new equipment. Who's the loser in the end if the non depositor can't hof in that situation?

Last edited:
Hey,

I wonder what u think about this question.

Should a nodepositer have the same chance to hit a hoff as a depositer?

Yes, nondepositor shud have a same chance to hit a hof as a depositor.
But i dont wish any newcomer to have same chance as me because he will wait a looong for his hof lol.
Appart joke MA probably use marketing resources to allow newbies hofs as addvertismen and we all need more players so is ok but we dont discus depo non depo starter luck in this case.
Seriously we cant ask MA to code two road chance game and to flag avatars in good or bad.
Eu is like a glass of watter and all drink from it including MA.
Someone drink fast, someone slow , someone a lot , other less.
What will happen once galss is empty?
According to nondepo formula spreaded on various forums because of hard work of nondepositors miracle will happen and glass will be agan full?
But we all know that is not true - only depositors bring new water there.
MA is seller and sell consumable called PED. We obtain PEDs with so called deposit in fact we buy them.
Please go read MA anual reports and see how deposits are treated.
MA threat all deposits as allready earned because peds are treated as consumables.
We fill our glass with those PEDs i mean water lol.
Then we drink all - depo and non depo.
Nondepos sell things they have - for example TIME and depositors buy that (skills, sweat ect ).
But that do not create new value, that cud help to force depositors to deposit more but for sure dont pay the bill. Or in our case does not fullfill a glass with watter. Except if nondepos know to do miracles.
MA to run need to sell more PEDs, need to get more deposits.
Even if someone did bring some water in in past once glass is empty is empty andd need freshh influx.
Servers run today, and need to run tomorrow too.
So why so many negativity about incentives to deposit?
EU need deposits and MA need find way to make deposit as many players as is possible.
Game mechanic with odds and chances is not questionable and no need to seek depo incetives in that.
There are many other ways to make game enought interesting for depositors.
Yes i know - nobody will agree about anything lol.
But one day we cud find us all nondepo in an empty glass with game running and development bills to pay.

Yes, nondepositor shud have a same chance to hit a hof as a depositor.
But i dont wish any newcomer to have same chance as me because he will wait a looong for his hof lol.
Appart joke MA probably use marketing resources to allow newbies hofs as addvertismen and we all need more players so is ok but we dont discus depo non depo starter luck in this case.
Seriously we cant ask MA to code two road chance game and to flag avatars in good or bad.
Eu is like a glass of watter and all drink from it including MA.
Someone drink fast, someone slow , someone a lot , other less.
What will happen once galss is empty?
According to nondepo formula spreaded on various forums because of hard work of nondepositors miracle will happen and glass will be agan full?
But we all know that is not true - only depositors bring new water there.
MA is seller and sell consumable called PED. We obtain PEDs with so called deposit in fact we buy them.
Please go read MA anual reports and see how deposits are treated.
MA threat all deposits as allready earned because peds are treated as consumables.
We fill our glass with those PEDs i mean water lol.
Then we drink all - depo and non depo.
Nondepos sell things they have - for example TIME and depositors buy that (skills, sweat ect ).
But that do not create new value, that cud help to force depositors to deposit more but for sure dont pay the bill. Or in our case does not fullfill a glass with watter. Except if nondepos know to do miracles.
MA to run need to sell more PEDs, need to get more deposits.
Even if someone did bring some water in in past once glass is empty is empty andd need freshh influx.
Servers run today, and need to run tomorrow too.
So why so many negativity about incentives to deposit?
EU need deposits and MA need find way to make deposit as many players as is possible.
Game mechanic with odds and chances is not questionable and no need to seek depo incetives in that.
There are many other ways to make game enought interesting for depositors.
Yes i know - nobody will agree about anything lol.
But one day we cud find us all nondepo in an empty glass with game running and development bills to pay.

Great description about how things really work. +rep

I always thought if you depo u get peds, I never realised people wanted a blowjob too.

That depends...

snaggletooth.jpg

Back