Should a nodepositer have the same chance?

Depo vs NoDepo

• A non-depositor should have the same chance to HOF as a depositor.

Votes: 192 70.8%
  • No, a non-depositor shouldn't have the same chance to HOF

Votes: 62 22.9%
  • I dont care

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
I would say, yes they already have, and should always have the same chanse.

I would suggest rewards for depositors such as;
Depositing tiers;
Tier 1. $10-500 per year: Random holiday gifts.
Tier 2. $500-1000 per year: 1 point Agility and Stamina
Tier 3. $1001-5000 per year: 2 points Agility and Stamina
Tier 4. $5001-10000 per year: 3 points Agility, Stamina and Health + New clothing item UL
Tier 5. $10001-20000 per year: Tier 3 + UL gun (At least 50dps/eco)
Tier 6. $20001-50000 per year: Tier 5 + UL QUAD
Tier 7. $50000-100000 per year: Tier 6 + UL new spacecraft
So for a deposit of $20 000 I get around $4 000 in free stuff that I can sell and make an instant 20% profit (240% yearly ROI, thats awesome).
$4k a month, I can live with that, and I dont even have to play/work for it.
That sounds like a sweet deal.
As long as you can save up to $20k IRL you never have to work again in your life, and this would be good for MA or the playerbase?

Make the items non tradeable?
Then you have the problemwith a player depositing, getting the tools they need, withdraw the amount again and the player now have a free item that would stop that player from buying another item again hence slowing the economy down.

Free stat points maby, non tradeable clothes, fine.
All other monetairy rewards are just not a good idea. Not for MA and not for the ingame economy.

Edit: You did say yearly reward, well the problem with multiple accounts is always going to be there. Sign up your whole family, find a eighbour and sign them up too, you now have 12 "legit" accounts and can get a reward a month.

Last edited:
There are many games where developers have their own shop on web and you buy nontradable ingame items or resources/consumables - with visa, mastercard, paypal, bank transfer and you cant get those items with ingame money.

Everyone has the same chance. Those who deposit, buy more ped, and take more chances. Where's the problem?

i think people who deposit should be given something extra for they are the ones who give mindark there income. For non depo players to have all the same opportunity is unfair IMO

To many people in this game not paying there way. MA should defiantly give them some incentive to put money in like the rest of us.

Every other 'free to play' game has extra features for paying players? is this so unfair to ask for?

No non depositors should Not have the same chance to global/hof. It's as simple as you don't put anything in why should u take anything out?

wow everyone should have a chance that's what makes it awesome....

the person who DEPOS has a GREATER chance then a non-depoer to hit something "fun"

but everyone has a chance..

Right time, right place, right mindset.

No non depositors should Not have the same chance to global/hof. It's as simple as you don't put anything in why should u take anything out?

wrong

One more time:

the minute they go and kill/mine/craft something they are investing the same amount of money as a depositor (eco neglected on purpose).

How you get the money is their business as much as it is your own to deposit or to get it from elsewhere.

Angel

My opinion is no. I find it should be stimulated to make a deposit and cycle it. The more deposited & cycled (not just one of those options but both) the better the chances is what my say on this is.

how about rewarding ingame activity that generates income for MA instead of rewarding depositing.

This could/should be adjusted in general loot, but if that was the case the players would not feel special in the same way as they would for getting a reward.

So instead of raising the general loot by 2%, give a 2% of TT cost as a reward and pay it out weekly.
These extra peds should not come from the "lootpool" but directly from MA.

This would make it fair for everyone, and it would also give that feel that MA gives something back, and would be great for those that are on a bad streak but still circulate alot of peds.

There are many games where developers have their own shop on web and you buy nontradable ingame items or resources/consumables - with visa, mastercard, paypal, bank transfer and you cant get those items with ingame money.

This method cud be wery interesting.
Company/developers are interested first of all for new fresh money/ additional deposits.
Now if they offer something for sale with limited time period in their shop they cut out all traders, reselers and non depositers to buy.
Even heavy ingame owners technicaly cud not transfer money form game to bank and be ready to buy because of time limit.
So items cud be sold with geting new fresh money and not with already in game existing money.

Depend on items/resources or volume of sale it rapresent a challenge because it cud be disaster ( not sold enought ) or success - fresh money.

What do you think if MA do it on sapce land deeds ?

The fact that you can make a living out of the game is one of its selling points. If you take for example deathifier who depoed quite a sum into the game to buy treasure island back in 2005 i think it was? Do you think he should be seen as a non-depoer now since he probably hasn't put in money for a few years? Or the people who bought 100 cld when they first appeared and stopped depositing since then...

you deposit to have more ped ingame. If you start handing out advantages depending on your depo won't that simply make it unfair to those that can't deposit 10 k $ a year?

getting a rare gun just from depositing would drop the market on a lot of other guns...you can't give improved gear to someone just for depoing (I mean it's unfair that someone should depo, get an item and still have the ped from the depo). It would make those unable to depo as much feel they have no chance at the game and quit as gathering ped to buy a rare gun would be pointless since those who can depo would get it anyway..it would be like having a mod merc and a mod fap in the tt for 10 k ped each...a game left with just 100 big depositing people would loose it's appeal in what? 2 days?

Of MA you should ask for 2 things: less bugs and better overall loot distribution. That's it. A bit of marketing wouldn't hurt either but let's just focus on the problems...

...a game left with just 100 big depositing people would loose it's appeal in what? 2 days?

Maybe game cud loose some of it's appeal but cost of playing wud not change because depositors already pay running costs with or without non depositors in game.

This method cud be wery interesting.
Company/developers are interested first of all for new fresh money/ additional deposits.
Now if they offer something for sale with limited time period in their shop they cut out all traders, reselers and non depositers to buy.
Even heavy ingame owners technicaly cud not transfer money form game to bank and be ready to buy because of time limit.
So items cud be sold with geting new fresh money and not with already in game existing money.

Depend on items/resources or volume of sale it rapresent a challenge because it cud be disaster ( not sold enought ) or success - fresh money.

What do you think if MA do it on sapce land deeds ?

Good point Dan,

I fully agree, who cares what non depositors think, they are NOT the ones keeping this game alive

Note, I think we have two points here

equal loot distribution for non and depositors
perks for depositing

The first point imo is a no brainer as explained in previous posts of mine
The second is what I mentioned as well and so did Dan now with a slightly different angle.

MA needs constant deposits so those that are willing to depo a lot should be getting a better service, plain and simple and what Dan said is a good example of encouraging depositing.

Angel

im a depoer and i can say its hard for me to get a HOF without having a depo of 50 usd before . i think that gives you a answer .
when my depo is small, my globals are smaller than normal.

Not really. You can look at this two ways. The way that I look at it is that for the people who support the game by depositing should get something more in return.
Just remember, in any other MMO putting cash in to buy other participants crap is called cheating. Ironically, THE ENTIRE REAL CASH ECONOMY is just a game developer trying to monetize cheating that naturally happens in any mmo.

Last edited:
From a system p.o.v there is no difference between a depositer vs nondepositer.
So yes, a nondepositers should have exactly same chance to hof or even ath as
a depositer, since there is no chance in hell that MA gonna redo whole system
to seperate depositer vs nondepositers.

What MA could do is a bonussystem for depositers.
This system can't be based only on what we deposit thou', if it gonna reward in
things that can be sold or used by others ingame.
Depositing 2k USD that is used to buy something where seller withdraw all,
will not be a deposit that is in best interest for MA.
So this system should probably have to be related to the amount we cycle,
in basics value of what we will lose.
Some say we have a 90% ROI, then the system will be based on the last 10%,
but don't get this as we should get 10% back, it's only based on that value,
up to the amount of the deposits, any value above that isn't counted.

Those rewards should be used to buy certain unique stuff, e.g a new kind of ESI.
This would most probably reduce MU of excisting ESIs but if we gain some from
our deposits and lose some MU of the ingame item, we could even it out.
Some will protest on this since their ROI will be even lower, but hey, do a depo.
They say people can only blame themselfs for doing depos if they lose, but when
their own ROI all of a sudden is in danger, then it all of a sudden is a catastrophe.
We often see a excuse why it shouldn't be changed, while the reason is so
often left out... :D ;)

But the best reward is probably something that is unique, that doesn't excist
ingame atm, that is interesting enough to be seen as something positive when doing
a depo, and that will not impact on stuff already ingame. Not easy to create imo... ;)

For those who still haven't got it, MA really really need more depos that stays ingame.
As it is now, they could be closed down any day, if we only look at numbers.
In reality, I think they manage to get more funds to run EU for a while, but
I doubt it would hurt if they got way more depos, where value stays ingame, or
in another word, RL value stays at MA.

It's ideas in this thread which cause PE to get consistently shitter.

Really. Depositer awards, are you fucking kidding? The whole idea of it is just so crass it's unreal. Look at me, I deposited my families' life savings, I deserve an unlimited spacecraft to whizz about in!

Your money already buys things that others cannot afford. It really puzzles me that some want to somehow show off how much they spunked away in a video game, it's like me failing a test and then popping the results on here... "Look at meeeeee! Look how ridiculous I am!".

Comparing item rewards and poker loyalty bonuses is beyond me aswell. The only way MA could give "rewards" is exo-game, i.e. figurines and magazines and the like. This is the only way it doesn't unbalance the economy (via the deposit-reward-withdraw method already outlined in this thread).

Thing is, I can still see someone posting here about how they're sosososososo happy with spending $40k on a plastic hogglo and a signed picture of MA's laughing ass.

So do I get a bonus for all the peds I've depo'd in the past, or do I get screwed 'cause I don't depo anymore?

Am I now a non-depositing leech? do I add no value to the game? do I have to be a mindless credit card for people to look on me in a positive way?

I always thought if you depo u get peds, I never realised people wanted a blowjob too.

I believe that things should remain intact, I did deposit before and I probably will again. Considering that with every step of the game, it costs me more.

What I can tell you for sure is that I don't need to be priviledged by MA for my deposits, the deposit itself opens so many doors which nondeposittors would need years to even get to. Free stats etc are unfair towards depositors as well since some people can't afford to deposit enough to get that 1 more stat per month. Believe me, I am not talking about myself, I would like to see you all with 200 Stamina points and I wouldn't mind one bit but it's a fact that some people will feel as if they were in a disadvantage. Free items on the other hand are out of question because, as some people have already stated, uber items which are already in game would significantly lose their value.

After all, MA earns with each of our actions in the game except for sweating and not by deposits directly. People who can afford to deposit large sums of money can earn a lot in the game too, given that they are resourceful enough to get the intel about the what and when. I believe depositting already gives us the edge on the nondepositters.

Then again, we are all entitled to our own opinion and not everyone will agree with me. Some people simply always strive for more but that ain't equality which I think MA is trying to achieve.

So do I get a bonus for all the peds I've depo'd in the past, or do I get screwed 'cause I don't depo anymore?

Am I now a non-depositing leech? do I add no value to the game? do I have to be a mindless credit card for people to look on me in a positive way?

I always thought if you depo u get peds, I never realised people wanted a blowjob too.

I think the mistake many of us do is to see players as non depositers vs depositers.
There are really only players.
Leeches are those that scam and exploit the game. Sadly some oldtimers did
that longtime ago and now has an advantage non can even get close to.
The ones that has worked hard and followed the rules to create a avatar and business
that doesn't need depos anymore to function, those are not leeches imo.

It's a RCE, it all depends on what you do with your ingame money to achieve whatever you want. The way you acquire it is irrelevant.
Averybody should have same chance, depositors or not. However to me it seems there are recurrent timer for what i call MA promoted avatars.
My theorys are :
* Swedish = 1.05* base loot ( easy to claim 90%+ tt return)
* Promotionnal avatar = globals have 10 % chance to turn into uber
* Noob luck = temporary promotionnal avatar
* Regular player = Base loot ( common to claim 80%+ tt return)
* Cash cow = loot cap ( common to claim 65% TT return)

Of course it is all flagged by the system, it's dynamic.
They were swedish that were flagged cash cow ( valentin ). promotionnal swedish avatar ( stormer ), etc..

My theories anyway ;)

After all, MA earns with each of our actions in the game except for sweating and not by deposits directly. People who can afford to deposit large sums of money can earn a lot in the game too, given that they are resourceful enough to get the intel about the what and when. I believe depositting already gives us the edge on the nondepositters.

MA use the RL value from our depos as soon as they hit their bankaccount.
What we do ingame, when creating decay and so on, is only a ingame value reduction
that works as a tool to increase deposits.
MA need more deposits. Question is, what should they do to increase them?

It's a RCE, it all depends on what you do with your ingame money to achieve whatever you want. The way you acquire it is irrelevant.
Averybody should have same chance, depositors or not. However to me it seems there are recurrent timer for what i call MA promoted avatars.
My theorys are :
* Swedish = 1.05* base loot ( easy to claim 90%+ tt return)
* Promotionnal avatar = globals have 10 % chance to turn into uber
* Noob luck = temporary promotionnal avatar
* Regular player = Base loot ( common to claim 80%+ tt return)
* Cash cow = loot cap ( common to claim 65% TT return)

Of course it is all flagged by the system, it's dynamic.
They were swedish that were flagged cash cow ( valentin ). promotionnal swedish avatar ( stormer ), etc..

My theories anyway ;)

I can say that the first point is really wrong. I get the oposite, it's 0,85* base loot for me.
Could have something to do with some "not so popular facts" showned and asked to them thou'... :D ;)

Joat said:
I can say that the first point is really wrong. I get the oposite, it's 0,85* base loot for me.
Could have something to do with some "not so popular facts" showned and asked to them thou'... :D ;)

Maybe you were flagged cash cow ;)

What does it matter? Both depositor and non depositor have to pay for ammo, materials or probes to play this game.

Just depositing $50 per month would get you into Tier 2 immediately. Thats ~$1.50 per day for awesome entertainment! Bump that to $500 per month, only ~$15 per day and you are in Tier 3. Not very hard to depo $500 a month.
This a real cash economy, its not bad for marketing when the rewards can be awesome.

And if i choose to withdraw they take away my UL spaceship?

This is a stupid thread, anyone who think depositors should be treated better than the non depo folks dont have a clue to what this game is all about and how it functions.

When you depo you give your avatar an advantage vs others, IF you choose to play smart.

When you depo you choose to pay for entertainment, making your options ingame broader.

Entropia is a plattform, a sandbox.

Do with it as you wish, all are equal.

Some interesting ideas here for 'recognising' depositers and for ensuring what is deposited goes to MA and not to a player so adding to the liquidity of MA and, hopefully, assisting with the long term future and development of Entropia.

For example, in addition to the recognition discuused above, I would have thought it would be possible to have a 'depositers TT' terminal where you could buy differing 'levels' of non-tradeable items (or perhaps only tradeable back into the ''depositers TT, or, just maybe, make them non-returnable) that are not available anywhere else in game - maybe even items that could be 'enhanced' by further deposits, thus keeping the funds ''out of the game' as such.

So, deposiiters are recognised, MA gets funds directly, and the spongers, sorry, my bad, non-depositers, get to keep playing for free.

Not sure if I am allowed to post this, but the other to one day be rce has done a reward scheme similiar

Just using it as an example folks :)

{REMOVED LINK}

First, we will not count the fees, which PayPal takes for the transaction. So, for every donated USD you will get exactly 10 x AWD.

Second, and most important, we will give out bonuses for every donation:
•Donate from $10.00 USD up to $49.99 USD and get +5% AWD
•Donate from $50.00 USD up to $99.99 USD and get +10% AWD
•Donate from $100.00 USD up to $299.99 USD and get +15% AWD
•Donate from $300.00 USD up to $599.99 USD and get +20% AWD
•Donate from $600.00 USD up to $999.99 USD and get +35% AWD
•For donations starting from $1000.00 USD and over we will give +50% AWD
So, $10 USD donated will turn into 100+5 = 105 AWD.
$100 USD will turn into 1000+150 = 1150 AWD.
$500 USD will give you 5000+1000 = 6000 AWD.
$1000 USD becomes 10000+5000 = 15000 AWD.

Donations less than $10 USD will be processed at 1x10 rate.

And there is more than that!

All donations will be summed up during this period and, on January 16th, 2013, we will give out presents, depending on the total donated amount per avatar:

•$20.00 to $49.99
◦Alpha Steel Pick 6/100% and Alpha Steel Axe 6/100%
◦Health-Kit E1 6/100%
◦Grom Hunter Imp 6/100%

•$50.00 to $99.99
◦Alpha Steel Pick 9/100% and Alpha Steel Axe 9/100%
◦Health-Kit E1 9/100%
◦Kulak F572 9/100%

•$100.00 to $299.99
◦Alpha Steel Pick 12/100% and Alpha Steel Axe 12/100%
◦Health-Kit m4 12/100%
◦Kulak F2021 12/100%
◦full set of "C135-D9" 6/100% armor

•$300.00 to $599.99
◦Alpha Steel Pick 15/100% and Alpha Steel Axe 15/100%
◦Health-Kit E2 12/100%
◦Kashtan Mi-12+ 12/100%
◦Enh Machete Lading 12/100%
◦full set of "C180-D9" 9/100% armor
◦set of mining tools (xP-146 scanners, Orpull B Mod-4 Holer, Mextrax LA-L4 Chinara, all 9/100%)
◦set of white or black clothes (per choice)
◦Backpack with +35% weight enhancement

•$600.00 to $999.99
◦Alpha Steel Pick 21/100% and Alpha Steel Axe 21/100%
◦Health-Kit E3 15/100%
◦Kulak 2120 15/100%
◦Enh Alshpis Blood 15/100%
◦full set of "C225-D9" 9/100% armor
◦set of mining tools(xQ-242 scanners, Orpull I Mod-4 Xu, Mextrax MB-L4 Bru, all 15/100%)
◦set of colored clothes (color per choice from 12)
◦Backpack with +40% weight enhancement

•$1000.00 and over
◦Alpha Steel Pick 30/100% and Alpha Steel Axe 30/100%
◦Health-Kit E2 and Health-Kit E3 both 21/100%
◦B&V Ripper Mod 30/100%
◦Enhanced Xayerim 'Snake Tongue' 30/100%
◦full set of "C270-D9" 12/100% armor
◦set of mining tools(xT-338 scanners, Orpull S Mod-4 Xondra, Mextrax TT-L4 Sinka, all 18/100%)
◦set of leather clothes
◦set of colored clothes (color per choice from 12)
◦Backpack with +45% weight enhancement

A similiar idea has already been recommended here too:

I would suggest rewards for depositors such as;
Depositing tiers;
Tier 1. $10-500 per year: Random holiday gifts.
Tier 2. $500-1000 per year: 1 point Agility and Stamina
Tier 3. $1001-5000 per year: 2 points Agility and Stamina
Tier 4. $5001-10000 per year: 3 points Agility, Stamina and Health + New clothing item UL
Tier 5. $10001-20000 per year: Tier 3 + UL gun (At least 50dps/eco)
Tier 6. $20001-50000 per year: Tier 5 + UL QUAD
Tier 7. $50000-100000 per year: Tier 6 + UL new spacecraft

If you look at other MMOs, they reward people who take out different levels of subscription with various ingame items. Surely if you deposit in this game you should be rewarded for supporting the system and those who do not deposit.

Cheers
Bjorn

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to see non-tradeable items in game, even if it would get me a free 50dps "depositor recognition" gun.

I see that AW is not a real cash economy.

Back