Who of you guys have accidentally...

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
... put something heavy on the "refresh button" while visiting Entropia Life? :)

Getting about 300 pageviews per minute (on the password protected pages - ie. its not google or any of the other crawlers)... Normal is about 150 pageviews/min...

activity.jpg

If nothing else, its a good server stress test... CPU is running at about 05-25% depending on which pages are getting loaded.. Nice to know the server can serve about 1200 pageviews/min (20 pageviews/second) before we need to "be worried".

According to google analytics people are on average on a single page for 74 seconds.
So, with a maximum of 20 pageviews per second, we should be able to have about:
18 * 74 = 1480 people online at the same time, without the server having to queue any requests.

In my experience, you want to 'be worried' well before the CPU is at 100%, but still, seems like you have spare capacity these days. It's way better than it used to be on the old site.

It wasn't me! :)

Entropia Tracker is great! :yay:

I did notice a bug where the red exclamation mark friend accept is still there even though I accepted a friend?

hmmm someone discovered curl ?

Wasn't me :D

<- promises to check EL less often and only in emergency cases and stay as short as possible :laugh:.

Mayby reason why ppl check the site more often becasue it is getting better and better with each month? :yup:
I know that when i want to check discovereies i do it now on EL because it is easier and better overwier there than ingame.

Of course DDOS may be the case too (but i doubt that and you probably have something to prevent it too i would guess).

Falagor
:bandit:

Not sure I understand your concern...

Is this a problem? Not sure I have ever heard of a web host complaining about too much traffic. Sounds to me like you need to sell more advertising spots. :p

As for me, I do refresh periodically when I global to see my position in the Event area. I really like your new event tracking system.

Long live Tracker... er umm.... Entropia Life!

Peace,
JKP

Is this a problem? Not sure I have ever heard of a web host complaining about too much traffic. Sounds to me like you need to sell more advertising spots. :p

Not complaining.. Just wondering why I all of a sudden have 2x the normal traffic. :)
Im happy, but I just dont know what i did.. well.. I changed the profile page.. to be more "social".. but.. 2x traffic because of that.. :D

Maybe there are lots of people keeping an eye on it while not in-game to see if a modified loots hof spree starts.

Maybe there are lots of people keeping an eye on it while not in-game to see if a modified loots hof spree starts.

That's what I was thinking. It may even be some kind of automated alert system.

That's what I was thinking. It may even be some kind of automated alert system.

Thats actually one of the other things we are working on now.
If you view EU as a sort of "stock market" where things can change value (ie. more people hunt a certain mob compared to normal)...

We are making a tool so that EL can send you an email (or a notification "somehow") directly what X happens.

You could for instance specify "If there has been more than X globals on Atrox in the last hour - give me a message".. or "If mob X drops a loot higher than Y ... give me a message"... :)

Back