Do you like Mining System changes ??

Do you like Mining System Changes??

• YES

Votes: 113 47.5%
  • NO

Votes: 125 52.5%

• Total voters
i like it.

stable returns should be good for newcomers and folks who do just a few drops between other activities. even pro miners should not worry, less turnover until a given average return means more free ped to invest into bulk amps or cld or whatever.

there might be a minority who fap to globals and hofs, well i wouldn't miss them too much.

i like it.

stable returns should be good for newcomers and folks who do just a few drops between other activities. even pro miners should not worry, less turnover until a given average return means more free ped to invest into bulk amps or cld or whatever.

there might be a minority who fap to globals and hofs, well i wouldn't miss them too much.

Yeah! I remember, what shitstorm was started when just ZOOM of swirlies was bugged.

I hope, MA will keep this mining as long as possible, so you all will be able to "fap" on nice return with crashed MUs.

Before just AH-zombies was playing in game "let's fit in that 1% with me and my family of alts", - it's bright future now even close for everyone.

I haven´t paid attention, is there an official statement from MA mining is changed?

My feeling is, I have lost my ass off and for that reason I wanna be able to win my ass off in one big awesome hit :D
Never want a system without insane ATHs. The thrill would be gone for me.
IF I hadn´t already lost so much I think I would have liked this system though, ofcourse as long as immense ATHs are possible.

A more stable return and fewer globals/HOFS is the right way to go. It's a necessary adjustment to make it more playable for the average player, and hopefully it will help to keep more of the new players playing.

A more stable return and fewer globals/HOFS is the right way to go. It's a necessary adjustment to make it more playable for the average player, and hopefully it will help to keep more of the new players playing.

Ummm... what is an average player to you?

Imo this stuff really is NOT stable, nor balanced, at least when mining planetside (and I consider myself to be an average player).

Idea,
MA should put something on finders like they have on crafting.
Condition and quantity.
One setting for people that want big loses but ATHs and HoFs. The other for people who don't mind having 90% returns all the time.

This is a good idea.

The MU crash might not happen if more amps are used and so much more resources needed for craft em.

Guys, to be honest I have a serious problem with "new" system - lack of adrenaline...
My one run usually last for ~2.5 hours and all I do now is dropping and watch tv most of time 'cause I know I will not get anything with medium amps and just got used to it...Thats all...

this current system should be only applied when doing unamped, when u start amping should be like before, eazy

This is a good idea.

The MU crash might not happen if more amps are used and so much more resources needed for craft em.

Resources are used for more than crafting mining amps. On the other hand, big amps leads 100% to more resources. So it's really the opposite of what you are thinking.

this current system should be only applied when doing unamped, when u start amping should be like before, eazy

What he said!

Mining and craft is so damn boring now. Maybe MA wanted to stop the big gamblers...

Anyway I'm loving hunting atm even if the mu on loot is near to zero. Can only say thanks MA, now I can concentrate on getting commando unlocked. :laugh:

Resources are used for more than crafting mining amps. On the other hand, big amps leads 100% to more resources. So it's really the opposite of what you are thinking.

No. Let's take, for example - lvl13.

One this amp is (in most cases) crafted by many people. Rares like redulite, and other stuff in components of it. Those resources often retrieved by vrx3k users - and vrx3k - zanderium, and not only. Also residue - product, where even hunters involved. It's interesting scheme, actually.

And then some MOFO taking this beauty to FOMA/HELL, and hitting (in 99% scenario) 300ped HoF of fucking zinc!

YAY COOL STUFF WELL DESERVED LET'S DO IT AGAIN OMG WTF BBQ!

No. Let's take, for example - lvl13.

One this amp is (in most cases) crafted by many people. Rares like redulite, and other stuff in components of it. Those resources often retrieved by vrx3k users - and vrx3k - zanderium, and not only. Also residue - product, where even hunters involved. It's interesting scheme, actually.

And then some MOFO taking this beauty to FOMA/HELL, and hitting (in 99% scenario) 300ped HoF of fucking zinc!

YAY COOL STUFF WELL DESERVED LET'S DO IT AGAIN OMG WTF BBQ!

The game is more than lvl 13's and redulite.

The game is more than lvl 13's and redulite.

Didn't know that, thanks for the tip.

Okay. Let's dissect lvl7, lvl8, d-class - you name it.

Amps usage doesn't give MORE resources. Instead, in most cases, many "better" resources exchanged for pile of crap, and... with losses.

Didn't know that, thanks for the tip.

Okay. Let's dissect lvl7, lvl8, d-class - you name it.

Amps usage doesn't give MORE resources. Instead, in most cases, many "better" resources exchanged for pile of crap, and... with losses.

Amp usage doesn't give more resources? :scratch2:

Amp usage doesn't give more resources? :scratch2:

Guess?

Let's make it simple:

you drop unamped - 1 ped probe for ore. You got 1 ped of some shit back.
you drop lvl8 - 4ped decay+1ped probe. You got 5 ped of some shit back.

In reality, you getting even less than you drop. So, where is "more"?

Whenever the legend of 90% return in the long run, finally is true for me, I will be buying a new car, cash. I am not holding my breath.

Way it is now, not exciting. I have seen the excitement in mining go down over the years. Of course I must be doing something wrong? Maybe cycle more peds? Yeah right. I really don't see the point in having global tracker, if you have all your digits between your hands and feet, you should be able to keep track of your monthly globals just fine. Must of us I suspect only need one hand to count and when things get really crazy and over the top, the other.

I have two lvl13amps for sale 172% FOMA shop#13 1st shop South of F block tp :silly2:

If there has been a change then it's MA changing things to stir things up and to stop people becoming too comfortable.

I've lost count the number of times they've done it. I guess they've noticed that players are becoming a little too successful and needed to adjust things to make it a little harder for them.

If there has been a change then it's MA changing things to stir things up and to stop people becoming too comfortable.

I've lost count the number of times they've done it. I guess they've noticed that players are becoming a little too successful and needed to adjust things to make it a little harder for them.

What if you first read what others have written, then write. It's quite opposite - people are now becoming too comfortable.

If anyone is "lacking adrenaline", just go to your nearest bar tonight, find the biggest guy in there, and punch him in the face. Adrenaline guaranteed.

If anyone is "lacking adrenaline", just go to your nearest bar tonight, find the biggest guy in there, and punch him in the face. Adrenaline guaranteed.

Yeah, always I don't understand understand what this community wants. First they keep nagging for better return 10 years. When they get it, they want to get rid of it.

Actually :silly2: Had to wear a suit to the "office" so to speak, with 100% cashmere coat made in Switz. Now, the whole time I was worried, something was going to happen, I thought I was taking a risk just by smoking in it. Well sure enough some one decided they would jump kick me at the pub. The coat is just fine. Gladstone Street Mafia 1 Reed College 0

Now if game was exciting, I wouldn't had been at the pub, well can't say for sure that's true :smoke:

BTW it's not usually the biggest person that will give the best adrenaline rush, but it's a start.

Ok back on topic, mining is great :dunno:

Me liky liky :)
If i recall, ppl were wishin hunting to go bck as it used to be, few globals n hofs, but they were bonuses, not necessities. I prefer system the new way, somehow i didnt feel like mining when i knew i might be 100k peds away from 90% returns before getting it bck.
Barely dropped a few bombs weekly before the change, now past ~23 days dropped 15k++ bombs (some were dual drop), and from MUs going down, i assume more ppl r mining atm IF returns r the same as before

BTW its typical, ppl cry for more stable returns, they get it, they want unstable returns... And if u want hoffies n shitty TT returns, u r free to go hunt

Posted from another thread, probably fits better here...

It is a different game for sure. maybe, "the game" is being removed from mining.

Experienced miner now:
Mines in higher mu areas, mu is dropping like a rock. Returns are okay but any profits need to go for seeking better mu areas which is expensive to do compared to their current activity because almost all areas are very low mu matters. The higher mu matters they are chasing are again dropping like a rock.

Amps, in my opinion are now regulated to just being a real life time saver. If you have RL time there is really no need to amp. If I have 2 hours to play a day but can only turn over 200 ped a day, no need to bring an amp. If can turn over 400 ped a day in that 2 hours bring an amp. If i can play 4 hours and turn over 400 ped a day no amp, etc.... "New Mining" will negate perceived or real advantage of hitting a big claim.

Sales of amps drop MU drops

Posted from another thread, probably fits better here...

It is a different game for sure. maybe, "the game" is being removed from mining.

Experienced miner now:
Mines in higher mu areas, mu is dropping like a rock. Returns are okay but any profits need to go for seeking better mu areas which is expensive to do compared to their current activity because almost all areas are very low mu matters. The higher mu matters they are chasing are again dropping like a rock.

Amps, in my opinion are now regulated to just being a real life time saver. If you have RL time there is really no need to amp. If I have 2 hours to play a day but can only turn over 200 ped a day, no need to bring an amp. If can turn over 400 ped a day in that 2 hours bring an amp. If i can play 4 hours and turn over 400 ped a day no amp, etc.... "New Mining" will negate perceived or real advantage of hitting a big claim.

Sales of amps drop MU drops
Then again there are miners who amp for the risk factor. You can still hit ubers with amps no doubt, unamped probably just became harder & as stated amps are a time saver, as well as a faster gain maker. I don't see this changing things to much tbh. Even the crafters that craft the amps to sell some of them also do it for the big loots. So I see no immediate danger with mu's continually dropping unless everyone ingame becomes an unamped miner :laugh:. Then we replicate what is wrong with hunting atm.

Last edited:
Yep, I am probably wrong concerning the last line. My major concern is everything becoming 109% Currently now there are only about 15 ore ingots above that mu and many of those are very rare in any quantity.
And almost all of those have dropped in mu

Oh, btw, I am not for it or against it... the only rock solid steady part of the game is that it changes, and I am generally okay with that. I am still around but never very loud.

I like that it doesn't feel like a gamble anymore. I like that it feels like my skills are an advantage now (people even in this thread are talking as if MU is dropping like meteors... but my average is still ~120%).

I don't like that it is even more boring than ever now and for this reason alone, I have logged less hours than usual. Lately, I will just do one run, almost fall asleep doing it, sell the ores, smile at the profit and log out.

Unless mining becomes more "involving" for the player, I can't see anyway MA can make miners happy. We have a boring system, so without the rush of gambling, we're left with what equates to a boring gaming system.
At least we had a boring gambling system before. Now D-Class on FOMA isn't even slightly exciting.

I was one of the ones who wanted less volatile returns and I'm glad they've become less volatile. However this move has emphasized the lack of "game" in this game and as a result I (and many others by the sounds of things) get bored faster and play less.

Unless mining becomes more "involving" for the player, I can't see anyway MA can make miners happy. We have a boring system, so without the rush of gambling, we're left with what equates to a boring gaming system.
At least we had a boring gambling system before.

I was one of the ones who wanted less volatile returns and I'm glad they've become less volatile. However this move has emphasized the lack of "game" in this game and as a result I (and many others by the sounds of things) get bored faster and play less.

Very well said, that's exactly the point.

Back