What level Biotropic are you?

• Total voters

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Because this is my favourite (and displayed) profession, I am a bit curious where the Low/Mid/High range is :)

I prefer to have some clue about stuff like that when setting my goals for a skill, profession or attribute.

Starting it off with a lowly 17.6

Interested to see where the median will be :)

Bio Level 36.6

Only got 3423 bio skill though, rest support MF skill.

Rick

Hah, at 34.05 myself with 3517 points :)

LOL..you are doing well NH.

By the way JC was almost 47 Bio (pushing 48) and he used to skill it for hours at old Neas.

Dan has insane support skill so likely to be the highest. Lara probably has very respectable Bio, other than a few other top end MF'ers, I think your struggle to find only the rarest of players with Level 60+

Most think getting to 14 is hard enough to then attempt to unlock ESL.

Still intersting poll.

50 bio is a nice target to aim for, although just skill it natually. Points soon add up.

Rick

Level 27 here

I'm 34.28 and if I hadn't chipped out a little bio in the past i'd be about 36

Im level 22.8

Not the most common profession in my skilling but at least at 25,8. :)

I am 18 and getting there.

18.79 here...

What is the best way to level this up?

Another 18 here :ahh:

I :swoon: MF, only just recently did my captain and VSE overtake electrokinetic as my highest prof :cool: Seems the space mobbies arent so affected by mf :silly2:

Ive never really owned a real fap :ahh: just love the heally chips :D

18.79 here...

What is the best way to level this up?

I've got my funny hat on today, so trying very very hard not to state the obvious and attempt to be constructive.

If you use a FAP for healing, and want to increase your bio, then carry a small chip with you and heal after your mob is dead. So battle with the mob with fap and bio after the kill. You will soon add quite a few points.

Alternatively you could buy a top end unlmited bio chip and switch from FAP. Down side is you wont be developing your paramedic skills as fast, so all depends what your priorities are.

A lot of people skill para or bio at sweating areas, personally I've never understood that, you might as well skill it in the field.

Also support MF skills will seriously develop your bio skill. Concentration adds 10%, Power Cat 6% and Harmony 7%. FM another 7%

Good Luck

Rick

I would really love to have more, only 17.5 here, just 2150ish skills. Unlocked ESL years ago before my break. If I had unlimited ped, I'd skill at Neas too, sometimes sweating, sometimes healings ^^

Another way is take your MF and get in the middle of some mob with lots of them attacking you and just heal yourself constantly. :) and use your electric chip to kill mobs ;);););););););)

Thanks for constructive reply Rick :)

I'm healing in between kills using Regen chip III. I didn't think that would level up so quick.

Was considering a big chip for main healing but I think going L on those for now is probably more cost effective as the unlimited are on a downward spiral and will most likely continue to drop in price as more and more are looted.

L may cost a bit more in short term for markup but in long run is likely to be cheaper than unlimited.

I'm relatively new to mindforce and so a mf newbie :) So next question is mf support skills you mentioned. What's best way to level those up?

Thanks for constructive reply Rick :)

I'm healing in between kills using Regen chip III. I didn't think that would level up so quick.

Was considering a big chip for main healing but I think going L on those for now is probably more cost effective as the unlimited are on a downward spiral and will most likely continue to drop in price as more and more are looted.

L may cost a bit more in short term for markup but in long run is likely to be cheaper than unlimited.

I'm relatively new to mindforce and so a mf newbie :) So next question is mf support skills you mentioned. What's best way to level those up?

Sure limited heal chips are superb. It's when you move up mobs it becomes a problem, becasue they burn out pretty quick, and generally MU is higher the bigger chips you need. For occasional use or low level skilling limited is perfect.

I've owned an unlimited regen V for years and still use it now, TT+ a few hundred these days.

Rumour has it XI unl heal dropped off Sand King last night (well so was said in chat, after the SK was looted). So maybe MA moved them off eomons. I was smiling at Stars sale thread a few days ago, when few scars bid 4.8k on an XI coz I got mine at 4.5. I agree though the more MA drops them prices will fall.

Skilling MF attack professions is the fastest way to get support MF skills up. You unlock Power Cat at Level 15, Harmony at L51, and force merge at 65.

It's pretty quick to unlock PC and Harmony these days, especially if you've done a lot of hunting with guns, becasue Anatomy adds 17% to the attack MF profession just for starters.

Bio is lovely way to heal, much cooler than faps in my opinion. If you are not to bothered about chasing HP, spend some time with chips. I parked my Rifle at L68 to concentrate on MF last 6 months....who cares about commando...LOL.

GL

Rick

ps: sorry to digress in your thread NH.

Alternatively you could buy a top end unlmited bio chip and switch from FAP. Down side is you wont be developing your paramedic skills as fast, so all depends what your priorities are.

A lot of people skill para or bio at sweating areas, personally I've never understood that, you might as well skill it in the field.

Also support MF skills will seriously develop your bio skill. Concentration adds 10%, Power Cat 6% and Harmony 7%. FM another 7%

Good Luck

Rick

So if you have the time to heal, would skilling be faster using a level 1 chip to heal (because it would take more clicks to heal fully) or the chip that you are currently at level for (fewer clicks but higher level chip)

With hunting, I seem to skill faster using the lowest chip that allows me to one-shot the mob. I think this is due to some kill shot bonus happening on every shot.

So if you have the time to heal, would skilling be faster using a level 1 chip to heal (because it would take more clicks to heal fully) or the chip that you are currently at level for (fewer clicks but higher level chip)

With hunting, I seem to skill faster using the lowest chip that allows me to one-shot the mob. I think this is due to some kill shot bonus happening on every shot.

Skill gain is whole subject. I'm of the opinion that the bigger chips you use the more skill you gain, once a skill line drops. In essence 3 skills from a small heal chip might be worth one skill line of an X chip. I still think the new system stacks skill gain and it only gets added to your points once a skill line drops. In other words, skill lines are visual only and not worth the same. I'm still watching it, to try to understand whats going on, I could be wrong.

Interesting though that players like Star are adding amazing skill constantly using top end gear on top end mobs. That explains a lot to me.

I say just skill anything to suit your budget, and accept whatever points the system rewards you with.

Rick

Close to rolling into lvl 28.

Main source of skilling was VIII chip pre-vu 10 and using one again the last month.

In other words, skill lines are visual only and not worth the same.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

To be clear about the part in quotes, you suspect that if two players with the exact same skill levels both get a skill increase line, the actual amount of skill gain may be different depending on factors that may include weapon used and mob killed?

To be clear about the part in quotes, you suspect that if two players with the exact same skill levels both get a skill increase line, the actual amount of skill gain may be different depending on factors that may include weapon used and mob killed?

I think it works like this:

You use a chip 20 times and get one skill line.
You use a chip 20 times and get 20 skill lines.

The result in skill gain might be similar across the above two examples.

But i cant prove that, it just appears like that at times. Or maybe skill gain is random, sometimes you get more and sometimes less. But I would be surprised if that was the case.

It's certainly based on the cost you put into that skill gain. So bigger chip costs more to use than smaller chip.

Different mobs trigger skill gain levels too, MA closed some of the loops there recently with baby mobs giving more skill.

So it's a mix between tool used and mob hunted. But with healing chips, bigger chip more skill.

Just my opinion of course.

Rick

You can have several gains in same skill, and all have different values.

I answered until 39, but after checking I'm 40.92 :)
Bioregenesis at 4K

Dan at 80+. :laugh:

The rest of us are :newbie::yup:

You can have several gains in same skill, and all have different values.

I never knew this. I always thought a skill gain resulted in the same amount of skill points. Maybe with diminishing returns.

However, I've been watching my skill gains lately for my low level skills because its easier to watch and I notice a lot of variation in how much the bar moves with a skill gain.

This really messes me up because I always used the visual of the chat window to gauge if I was getting a lot of skills from a particular weapon. Now I need to watch more closely.

Too bad I don't do public polls.

Nice data, Dan ----- gap-----more gap---- rest of us :laugh:

Back