Poll: What is your Biotropic level?

What level Biotropic are you?

• Total voters
Thought I got 18+ so voted 15-19.9. Today checked and I'm at lvl 21.5 :ahh:

Good thread
But you should make it clear that the pool results are PUBLIC. Because this is sort of a dirty way to sneak info off people that always wanted to keep their info private but that dont mind participating in surveys.
And this I feel that this is just another attempt to take info not for EU but for your personal goals.

As for myself i need to check to vote. But i should be 14-15 max, I dont know exactly because im not a MF skiller.

I'm sorry but for the reason i stated above i -rep'd the OP.

I thought the system displayed somewhere it's a public vote before you vote that is. I've already voted so can't check, and wasn't paying attention when I did vote.

It makes sense to have it public though because otherwise people just click anything and the poll can become meaningless.

Your right though OP should have mentioned in his post the vote is public so as to avoid any confusion.

After esl who cares :yay:

I thought the system displayed somewhere it's a public vote before you vote that is. I've already voted so can't check, and wasn't paying attention when I did vote.

It makes sense to have it public though because otherwise people just click anything and the poll can become meaningless.

Your right though OP should have mentioned in his post the vote is public so as to avoid any confusion.

It displays the public vote clearly, that's why I decided not to take it.

But you should make it clear that the pool results are PUBLIC. Because this is sort of a dirty way to sneak info off people that always wanted to keep their info private but that dont mind participating in surveys.

Is it not enough that it says "Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected."?

I mean sure, it used to be even clearer before (dunno why this was changed), but this seems pretty clear to me? :scratch2:

And this I feel that this is just another attempt to take info not for EU but for your personal goals.

I clearly stated my reason for making this poll in the OP.

Indeed, had polls "ruined" before because some people just click the highest (or in a multi-choice poll just click all choices). I wanted to be able to sort out any obvious such.

Is it not enough that it says "Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected."?

I mean sure, it used to be even clearer before (dunno why this was changed), but this seems pretty clear to me? :scratch2:

I clearly stated my reason for making this poll in the OP.

Indeed, had polls "ruined" before because some people just click the highest (or in a multi-choice poll just click all choices). I wanted to be able to sort out any obvious such.

Still. My point, its a good thread, but not all people are aware of it.
I don't have any sort of problems showing and saying what i have skillwise.
But im sure other people might have and are not aware that some people can see who voted for what.

Still. My point, its a good thread, but not all people are aware of it.
I don't have any sort of problems showing and saying what i have skillwise.
But im sure other people might have and are not aware that some people can see who voted for what.

Well, to be honest I'm not sure how much clearer I should need to be about it being a public poll :laugh:

It's stated right between the poll question and the answers that it is a public poll. I could've written in the question itself "(Public)", sure, but... If someone really wants to hide their level, I think the existing warning is enough. If not, it's their problem :dunno:

Level 12.8 or there about's.

Was level 11 when Rocktropia was released, and Luckycharm said I could borrow his res chip when I reached 14.
He's since sold it, and i'm still non the wiser, not being even level 14, 2 or more years later :)

Shows how much I skill bio lol.

37+ now

Rick

14.95xx

So i voted for the 15.0 since im over 14.9 :laugh:

Lvl 29.

Time for a XII heal chip to drop:yup:

Rumour has it XI unl heal dropped off Sand King last night (well so was said in chat, after the SK was looted).

I got a VII from sand king in beginning of january (2013-01-04 00:47:46 MA time). I did a try on sandking today but no chip seemed to have dropped this time.

Oh, I found this in my log:
2013-02-17 01:24:11 [Local] [sherpa] 83 oil....and regen chip :) [sherpa] :)
(...)
2013-02-17 01:25:40 [Local] [sherpa] NOPE REGEN CHIP VII

... 2013-02-17 21:05:45.This creature didn't carry any loot. ...

According to this poll though it seems like about 20% of players is at my level or higher so I guess there are plenty of people who'd want one...

Bioregenesis (skill points): 2720
Biotropic (professional level): 28
Psyche: 69

Getting a VII chip was kind'a nice but it's for level 9.8. I had hoped to be able to trade up my old V+this VII chip to XI, then I realized my V chip was worh 250 ped so I gave it up.

Last edited:
According to this poll though it seems like about 20% of players is at my level or higher so I guess there are plenty of people who'd want one...

The ability to use an UL XI heal chip does not automatically lead to the desire to own one. TAM versus SAM in marketing lingo :wise: UL chips can't be tiered no matter how often you use it, and Biotropic related skills are much harder to sell than Paramedic related skills.

Buying UL XI chip for 3K ped @ boxes.

/Slupor

The ability to use an UL XI heal chip does not automatically lead to the desire to own one. TAM versus SAM in marketing lingo :wise: UL chips can't be tiered no matter how often you use it, and Biotropic related skills are much harder to sell than Paramedic related skills.

I still wouldn't mind having one.

(On normal fapping I'm at sk80 level and my best repairable fap is tier 3 EK2600, problem with SK80(L) is that supply vary alot, and as sk80s are looted in lootable pvp I won't go even try to loot one. Maybe I should sell my paramedic skills at boxes :lol: I'm slowly on my way to be able to use UR-175 but when in range they'll have too slow reload to be used seriously for a while.)

Interesting latest debate regarding FAP or Bio chip.

I bought an XI (unl) heal chip, becasue they are fast chips compared with L faps with up to 86 heals. I was also getting somewhat frustrated at limited FAP burn and the availablilty to get a new fap at a good price.

The XI heal opens up so many doors to hunting. Some say they are expensive to use, I disagree. You are not fapping constantly for a start, and when you do, its one 'fat heal' and back on the weapon.

I refuse to pay the money for imp or mod fap, not that i cant afford it, I can't justify the price to own one. But an XI heal for the current prices are fantastic healing tools in my opinion for the money invested. I have done a lot of heal jobs too for skills and decay and players are generally impressed with cost.

I think the tide is turning there is a real option between bio or FAP now, and if MA decide to drop an XII or higher it could open the doors to even higher mob level hunting and desirability to skill bio.

It may well be in future that Bio skill becomes more important than paramedic.

Rick

Me neither, that's why I am willing to buy one for 3k ped.

Problem with most of the prices ingame is simply I don't have the PEDs. A former socmate had a very nice attack chip in auction at a slightly lower price than he paid for it - doesn't help. I don't have the peds.

Someone on my FL asked if I wanted an XI healchip for 4500 peds (gotten from team hunt). Same thing there - I didnt' have the peds.

I've seen decently priced wormhole chips pass by in auction for 3k ped:ish - and unless I can get those 3k peds before someone else I can't get it.

Interesting latest debate regarding FAP or Bio chip.

I bought an XI (unl) heal chip, becasue they are fast chips compared with L faps with up to 86 heals. I was also getting somewhat frustrated at limited FAP burn and the availablilty to get a new fap at a good price.

My stats:
Fap80(L): My stats is 19/20 uses/minute max 91.4/91.4 heals (max 1737 heals/minute).
XI(L): My stats is 22/22 uses/minute and max 86.0/86.0 (max 1892 heals/minute).

The fap80(L) can provide bigger heals with enhancers - if it reaches tier 1.0. My current Fap80(L) is close to dying at tier 0.6 - first tier value 37 is a killer - so this sk80 will never be able to carry any enhancer.

Of course there are other ways biotropic skills are useful, for instance to be able to use a resurrection chip. But come on, how big chance is that one of those will be dropped from something smaller than bloodclaw in pvp 3, Warlock10 or wave event on Arkadia. If ever dropped at all (because of name "First Generation"). I haven't even have a confirmed sight of a wormhole chip drop.

I also just reached the level for Regeneration Field chip III(L), they're a bit fun. The field chips are currently reseller priced though (close to 300% BO). The III(L) chip has 122% startbid though, only catch is that I'd have to wait auction out (and knowing myself I know I'd forget to bid on it).

Last edited:
My stats:
Fap80(L): My stats is 19/20 uses/minute max 91.4/91.4 heals (max 1737 heals/minute).
XI(L): My stats is 22/22 uses/minute and max 86.0/86.0 (max 1892 heals/minute).

The fap80(L) can provide bigger heals with enhancers - if it reaches tier 1.0. My current Fap80(L) is close to dying at tier 0.6 - first tier value 37 is a killer - so this sk80 will never be able to carry any enhancer.

Of course there are other ways biotropic skills are useful, for instance to be able to use a resurrection chip. But come on, how big chance is that one of those will be dropped from something smaller than bloodclaw in pvp 3, Warlock10 or wave event on Arkadia. If ever dropped at all (because of name "First Generation"). I haven't even have a confirmed sight of a wormhole chip drop.

I also just reached the level for Regeneration Field chip III(L), they're a bit fun. The field chips are currently reseller priced though (close to 300% BO). The III(L) chip has 122% startbid though, only catch is that I'd have to wait auction out (and knowing myself I know I'd forget to bid on it).

Agree LIII field heal chips are so rare, I stopped ieven looking for them. Res and wormie chips are very cool, but I still struggle to justify their price for the amount of times those chips would be used. I think bio is a lot easier to skill than paramedic to gain the skills required, your example above shows that.

Be interesting to see what drops in the TEN events this year. I still have hopes of a higher heal chip being introduced, even if level 30+ or 40+ skill requirement. I gave up hoping to loot any high level gear years ago, and just accept that if you want it you got to pay for it.

Keep up the skilling, not many players with top end bio skills so still a rare and cool skill to have.

Rick

Keep up the skilling, not many players with top end bio skills so still a rare and cool skill to have.

As quite a few repairable X/XI chips have dropped, I expect them to be passed around in the teams/socs there were looted in (if they weren't sold), and it can be hard to "compete" with that if the droprate of (L) chips goes down. (I used to use sulfury(L) and when I reached 99.6% of tesla level both tesla(L) and sulfury(L) seemed to have ceased dropping-it was pretty much in the middle of last year's eomon migration the tesla drop ceased. LR63(L) used to be relatively common from ambulimaxes until a few repairable had dropped - then the (L) droprate went down considerably.)

Maybe my VII healchip fits my weapon well; level 48 rifle with 13 attacks/minute and 110 or so damage... (notice difference dmg/sec from eredicator type four at a slightly less level).

As quite a few repairable X/XI chips have dropped, I expect them to be passed around in the teams/socs there were looted in (if they weren't sold), and it can be hard to "compete" with that if the droprate of (L) chips goes down.

I wouldn't worry about that, most the the people looting XI unlimited have a Mod fap or Imp fap, they have very little interest in bio chips, other than how much they can sell the chips for.

There will be a few of course that have an MF interest, but thier priorities are profiting with all loot they can get to continue to hunt again. I doubt there's very little in loot these days that the ubers will want to keep other than mod top-end armours.

The chips will become rare when MA have dropped the max amount they have planned for circulation, and these are now with owners that want and desire them. So you got more chance getting a chip from a uber, than someone like me, that has no intention of selling mine, unless something more desirable drops to the ubers again to be sold to a depositer.

And there is the the circle of EU as we know it :)

Rick

Back