HELP: What to do if the entropia universe support case reaches a dead end?

Kitty Katty

Young
Hello everyone,
Recently, my entropia universe account was locked. I sent a support case regarding it and the results did not seem fair to me. I want to know is there another way to contact mindark and get my account unlocked. Below is the discussion I had with them. I have copy-pasted it without any alteration.

I really-really need help, if possible, please assist me.

My avatar name is "Cutie Kitty Katty".

2013-02-09 03:53 You wrote:

Hello,
I have received a mail which says that my account is locked because of scamming reports. I would like to know what are those.

Regards

2013-02-09 15:43 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Kitty,

We have received various reports from participants who say you have earned their trust to borrow items from them and don't return them back. This account is also locked for multiple accounts.

Kind regards,
Cameron | Planet Calypso Support

2013-02-10 12:25 You wrote:

Hello,

Is there a chat-log or something which I can look into.

There has probably been a misunderstanding between me and the person. If anyone lends me anything which they want to be returned, I definitely return it.
2013-02-10 22:05 Entropia Universe Support:

Kitty,

In order to verify and unlock your account the account holder's name needs to be updated with your real name, we kindly ask you to fill out and sign this special request form and send it to us:

http://account.entropiauniverse.com...rt/Account_Holder_Information_Update_Form.pdf

Together with the following documents:

- Front and back color copies of a current and valid photo ID, where all four corners are visible, and your full name, a document number, and your date of birth are clearly shown (e.g. Driver's License, Passport or National Identification Card).

- a copy of a utility bill or financial statement, issued within the past 90 days, that matches the address on both your id and Entropia Universe Account and shows your full name. Please also note that we cannot accept images of online statements - all documents must have been physically printed by the issuing institution and all four corners must be visible.

Please send the complete documentation to the following address:

MindArk PE AB
Attn: Support Dept.
Järntorget 8
SE-41304 Gothenburg
SWEDEN

In order to guarantee the security and validity of each request, we will perform a number of internal control checks. In the interest of preventing fraud, these checks will not be revealed, but will in no way violate the Privacy Policy already in place. If these internal checks are not fulfilled, your account information cannot be updated.

As all requests are processed manually, we appreciate your patience.

2013-02-11 15:52 You wrote:

Hello,

I am above 13 years of age but below 18. I can send identification proofs and utility bills which are issued in the name of my grand-mother (guardian/head of family). I can also send a written consent from my grand-mother that I have permission to play this game and that I am her grand-daughter.

The kind of identification proof you ask for, does not exists in my name. I can, at the best, send a copy of my school's ID Card.

Please advise me how to proceed.
2013-02-23 07:46 You wrote:

Hello,

Its been more than a week and I have not received any reply. Please advise me on how to proceed. Will the signed consent of my grandmother be sufficient to unlock my account? Also, my elder brother has a verified account on entropia. If he can vouch for me and provide my details using a support case through his account, would it be sufficient?
2013-02-25 16:12 Entropia Universe Support:

Kitty,

Unfortunately no ID will be able to verify your account as the true holder since the full name for this account it's empty. I'm sorry to inform you that this account will remain locked and we are unable to assist you further with this case.

2013-02-25 18:28 You wrote:

Hello,

It seems a bit unfair.

1. Can you please provide evidences on the basis of which my ID is locked?

2. Is there no way to get my ID unlocked?

I can provide my details here.

First Name : xxx
Last Name : xxx
D.O.B : xxx
Address :
xxx
City : xxx

I can send the following as further proof :
1. My school's ID car which mentions my name etc.
2. Signed consent of my guardian that I am allowed to play Entropia despite being under 18 and over 13 as per the EULA/TOU.

I can send them as scanned soft-copy or by post.

If that isn't sufficient to unlock my ID, then I request you to please provide strong evidence on the basis of which my ID is locked. If you cannot provide the evidence for some reason, then please point me to EULA/TOU which allows the Mindark to lock my ID and not provide the evidence for the same.
2013-02-25 20:19 Entropia Universe Support:

Kitty,

Your account has been locked due to performing trust scams to other participants. This case will be closed. I'm sorry to inform you that this account will remain locked and we are unable to assist you further with this case.

Last edited:
Remove your personal information in this thead.

Thank you for posting as warning to others that borrowing items in "good faith" and not returning them will not be tolerated.

A lot of support time and effort is wasted on such issues, which ultimately costs depositors that help fund the game.

I suggest you delete your personal details within this post.

MA have asked for proof of ID, and the format to which it should be submitted, if you are unable to comply with that reasonable request then I think it's right your account remamins locked.

MA would not lock anyones account unless they had both good reason, and a fair about of evidence to support that decision, so in this case I am on MA side.

Rick

Removed personal information from thread

ok, I have removed my information from this thread. Please advise me on how to get my account unlocked.

Thank you for posting as warning to others that borrowing items in "good faith" and not returning them will not be tolerated.

A lot of support time and effort is wasted on such issues, which ultimately costs depositors that help fund the game.

I suggest you delete your personal details within this post.

MA have asked for proof of ID, and the format to which it should be submitted, if you are unable to comply with that reasonable request then I think it's right your account remamins locked.

MA would not lock anyones account unless they had both good reason, and a fair about of evidence to support that decision, so in this case I am on MA side.

Rick

Should I send my a copy of my school's ID card? or ID proof of my parents and a written consent?

ok, I have removed my information from this thread. Please advise me on how to get my account unlocked.

MindArk already gaved you all the advise (send in your ID as they asked) you need. All you have/had to do is fill in your real personal details in your account. And send them a kopie of your ID to proof that the personal information you filled in is/was real.

PS: With ID they mean your own personal ID card (like passport of the country or ID-card of the country)

If participants claimed that you scammed certain items and these items were indeed in your possession, and those claimants didnt get any ped for it, then you are fuxored, unless you agree to apologise to those claimants and give them their items back. I suggest you do that, ask support to unlock you, so you can work a deal out with the persons you scammed. I see no other alternative tbh.

If MA wrote you didn't supply any name, I don't know how they would be able to proceed.

They want you to verify that you are the legitimate account owner, and this they can't do if the account was registered without entering any name at all.

As for the ID problem: Isn't there an ongoing project in India where all indian inhabitants will get a free ID card? Or is it just for adults?

MindArk already gaved you all the advise (send in your ID as they asked) you need. All you have/had to do is fill in your real personal details in your account. And send them a kopie of your ID to proof that the personal information you filled in is/was real.

PS: With ID they mean your own personal ID card (like passport of the country or ID-card of the country)

I am above 13 and below 18, I do not have an passport or country ID Card. Will my school's ID card work? I can send ID's of my family members and their written consent.

In reply to your question which forms the topic of this thread.

Unfortunately if MA have said there is nothing they can/will do and have closed your support case. That is it I think .
There is nothing that can be done.

I am above 13 and below 18, I do not have an passport or country ID Card. Will my school's ID card work? I can send ID's of my family members and their written consent.

I am afraid it's not enough since a Entropia-account is a personal account and they only needed your legal and official ID documents...

Btw do you have multiple accounts?

Last edited:

If that isn't sufficient to unlock my ID, then I request you to please provide strong evidence on the basis of which my ID is locked. If you cannot provide the evidence for some reason, then please point me to EULA/TOU which allows the Mindark to lock my ID and not provide the evidence for the same.

Kitty,

Your account has been locked due to performing trust scams to other participants. This case will be closed. I'm sorry to inform you that this account will remain locked and we are unable to assist you further with this case.

First, I suggest that you should read the Terms of Use for Entropia.

Particularly note:
11. Breach Agreement

Without limiting MindArk's legal remedies, if You fail to comply with the restrictions and limitations of this Agreement or the agreements it incorporates by reference, MindArk may immediately terminate this Agreement, with or without prior notice to You.

You also agree that MindArk has the right to lock Your Entropia Universe Account in case of suspected Agreement violation during the period of investigation of the said violation.

Termination of this agreement on this ground may also result in Termination or Ban of Your Entropia Universe Account and termination of the EULA agreement. If Your Account was Terminated for any reason, MindArk is under no obligation to allow You to register a new Entropia Universe Account in the future.

If your account has been locked by MindArk, under the Terms of Use it is MindArk's sole discretion whether or not to unlock it.

It seems to me from the last response from support that the investigation has been finalised, and your account will remain locked permanently.

In which case, what sort of ID you can send them is no longer relevant.

Where did my original thread go?

This is the first thread that was in the queue for moderator approval. The second (duplicate) thread was removed.

Where did my original thread go?

You had your complete personal details online. I guess they were removed, so your first post is gone.

Should I send my a copy of my school's ID card? or ID proof of my parents and a written consent?

if you are underage you would most likely need ID proof of your parents and written consent.

Originally Posted by Kitty Katty

Kitty,

if you are really involved with trust scams i have no sympathy for you, but im a littlle surprised that on the one hand they always insist "all trades are final" do nothing to help people that were scammed in the past unless there is a police report filed, yet take this action against you. this would suggest either MA has recieved a police report in relation to your activities or that they are just making up the rules as they go along.

First, I suggest that you should read the Terms of Use for Entropia.

Particularly note:

If your account has been locked by MindArk, under the Terms of Use it is MindArk's sole discretion whether or not to unlock it.

It seems to me from the last response from support that the investigation has been finalised, and your account will remain locked permanently.

In which case, what sort of ID you can send them is no longer relevant.

MA can say whatever they want in their TOU or UELA, but to use their own words from the TOS, they cant limit your legal remedies, its a bit difficult if you are underage and the value of your account is low, you would need your parents to get involved, but if my account got locked in this way and i felt it was unjustified i would test that document in court.

if you are really involved with trust scams i have no sympathy for you, but im a littlle surprised that on the one hand they always insist "all trades are final" do nothing to help people that were scammed in the past unless there is a police report filed, yet take this action against you. this would suggest either MA has recieved a police report in relation to your activities or that they are just making up the rules as they go along.

I think the EULA (by now) actually covers an account lock like this, even without any police report.

'Rules of conduct' state: You may not use the Entropia Universe, including the Entropia Universe System, the Entropia Universe website or Forum to commit, attempt to commit, support or communicate about any illegal activity and/or infringe any local, national or international laws or regulation intentionally or unintentionally, including without limitation, copyright, trademark or other proprietary right infringement, invasion of privacy, fraud, contrabands, narcotics, defamation, harassment, hacking or other cyber-crime.

And the (possible) consequences are: All and any behavior, utterance or action in the Entropia Universe or in any of MindArk’s forum or website that MindArk, at it sole and absolute discretion, FIND TO be a violation of the Rules of Conduct could result in the Account being Banned or Terminated WITHOUT ANY CLAIMS WHATSOEVER.

So, if you abuse the 'All trades are final' rule (which is part of the Entropia Universe System) in a way that infringes any kind of law in MA's opinion, they reserve the right to ban you.

The rule itself is not the problem, but to what end you use it, might be.

And the (possible) consequences are: All and any behavior, utterance or action in the Entropia Universe or in any of MindArk’s forum or website that MindArk, at it sole and absolute discretion, FIND TO be a violation of the Rules of Conduct could result in the Account being Banned or Terminated WITHOUT ANY CLAIMS WHATSOEVER.

all and any behaviour, utterance? without any claim whatsover?
things dont work that way in the real world, this means that if i say i like eating cheese in public chat and someone complains to MA that they feel discriminated against, MA could decide this was the case, at its sole discretion, and take away my LA and the rest of my $200,000 "investment" is what you are saying?

im pretty sure if people realised MA could take away a 6 figure sum from you for saying i like eating cheese with you having no rights at all then nobody would deposit in this universe and they would be bankrupt before the end of the year.

you realise your opinion about the TOU/EULA could cause panic?
i am not a lawyer but this subject interests me, and from what i understand, those that write contracts for corporations are not allowed to rewrite the existing laws of the country they are operating in. its quite simple.

all and any behaviour, utterance? without any claim whatsover?
things dont work that way in the real world, this means that if i say i like eating cheese in public chat and someone complains to MA that they feel discriminated against, MA could decide this was the case, at its sole discretion, and take away my LA and the rest of my $200,000 "investment" is what you are saying?

im pretty sure if people realised MA could take away a 6 figure sum from you for saying i like eating cheese with you having no rights at all then nobody would deposit in this universe and they would be bankrupt before the end of the year.

you realise your opinion about the TOU/EULA could cause panic?
i am not a lawyer but this subject interests me, and from what i understand, those that write contracts for corporations are not allowed to rewrite the existing laws of the country they are operating in. its quite simple.

I'm not sure why my opinion matters much here. The quote is copy/pasted from the EULA.

I think the rules are the way they are now, because MA wants to have the opportunity to intervene in any case imaginable - which is rather difficult in the EU environment and a player community spread across the globe. So they cover all kinds of possible scenarios.

In what way would this wording 'rewrite' any law? - Basically MA reserves the right to terminate the contract if you use the EU environment for illegal activities of any kind.

Of course, they can be held responsible, if they do this in an unlawful or unreasonable manner. But this means that the owner of the account has to take legal action.

I'm not sure why my opinion matters much here. The quote is copy/pasted from the EULA. they can be held responsible, if they do this in an unlawful or unreasonable manner. But this means that the owner of the account has to take legal action.
I did practice for a while, as a party litigant in two countries. The keyword is 'reasonable' - of course MA will not block anybodies' account for 'mentioning cheese', that would be completely unreasonable. But I know first-hand they actively lock-out scammers if there is reasonable evidence (screenys with co-ords, and time stamps), but they will not reverse trades, it could very easily become unreasonable to do so. The internet is opening new areas of what can and cannot be done within the law, i.e. I could claim that because all relevant contractual activity took place in Scotland; contracts signed, payments made etc. - then my local Sheriff Court has jurisdiction over Mindark's international conduct, in Scotland. But after obtaining an extract registered decree against them for a an award of compensation, actually enforcing it would be extremely difficult, there is no Scottish legal framework to pursue a civil case across international boundaries.
Due to the size and increasing potential of internet international trade or 'Globalisation', I believe statutes and precedents will lead to new entities or tiers of international agreements to deal with the sort of distance-trading paradox I described.

But I know first-hand they actively lock-out scammers if there is reasonable evidence (screenys with co-ords, and time stamps), but they will not reverse trades, it could very easily become unreasonable to do so.

Do you think it could be argued that they have the obligation to reverse the trade? MA as a company is no court of law, so do they have the power to reverse a contract?

My interpretation of this framework of rules is that they say: We do not interfere with avatar interactions at all, but we make sure that, if we assume there is foul play, the items/peds/etc. stay right where they are and no funds can be transferred from the account. - I do see a problem for MA here, if they leave the account open and funds are withdrawn.

Back