Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned

Interesting concept, but how many people "in game" will have the money to bid on this type of venture ? And if you can go this "high", why not find an investor who makes you a full PP ?

Also, how would the PP feel about these types of initiative ?
It is like saying ... damn it is hard to find full-blown PP, so let's make it a bit easier...

Agreed.
I was wondering why all other PP never give their opinions on forums about such sell ?
Or is this forbidden from MA's contract ?

Me, and many people in this forum are just observers, we won't bid on it, just comment.

Anyway, GL to the future owner...

And some info would be welcomed for sure,
but that was already asked... time to make it public ?

Also the "info" is pretty limited. Admitted, you can request from a mail address, but why not share the current status of the moon, the location in space, the size of the map, etc.

for shizzle, i haven't been "playing" for a few months now.. i just sit on clds, however I got to say this comes into mind.

Next Island died, Planets are bare, most small towns in america have a larger population then the entropia universe. Wouldn't it be best for entropia to improve / perfect its current systems (which are in drastic need of overhaul), vs adding more content that requires serious dough?

Its a good thing I am willing to loose my cld investment, but I don't see how this universe can sustain its continual degradation of the playerbase and influx of content.

CO-SIGN.
My thoughts exactly.

Also the "info" is pretty limited. Admitted, you can request from a mail address, but why not share the current status of the moon, the location in space, the size of the map, etc.

I guess there is no info because there is nothing to share yet and the status is "raw opportunity".

The winning bidder will work closely with the MindArk team throughout the estate’s development process with direct input on important design decisions,

Once someone has bought it, the development will begin, and the location, size and other details will be worked out from scratch on the basis of mutual interests between MA and the winner.

The time has come. I am ready for such a challenge and hope that the community agrees. If you want someone who has given his heart and soul to EU/PE for the past 10 years to try to bring more people here, consider MVP. This group will strive to help promote and better the game we all know and love to love (and hate at times).

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?237569-MVP-Mercury-Virtual-Properties-Investment&p=3080445#post3080445

I think this will be a great opportunity for me to help showcase my out of game talents. I hope you agree. :)

Last edited:
Unimpressed. Disappointed. Confused.

Unimpressed.

This is basically Treasure Island with the Planet Partner revenue model. No new ground is being made.

Disappointed

There is so much under developed content in the game (apartments and estates, events, game play elements like taming) that spending developer hours on this type of thing seems to be misguided. Does Entropia really need more area?

Confused

MA stated they were going to focus on the platform and leave content and attracting players to the Planet Partners. Now MA says they are going to develop a new area that will (I assume) compete against the PP. This makes me wonder if the revenue stream of the PPs is not what was expected. Perhaps MA anticipates some financial troubles for the planets that will result in them taking control.

You forgot to add, the massive marketing campaign which never happened

Rgds

Ace

I guess there is no info because there is nothing to share yet and the status is "raw opportunity". Once someone has bought it, the development will begin, and the location, size and other details will be worked out from scratch on the basis of mutual interests between MA and the winner.

That is a scary thought ... especially as we know they have been unable to keep deadlines for the last 10 years.

You might be right though, but then it is about paying upfront for a development effort ... for which the effort could be manipulated to correspond to the price you paid. The SOW is pretty thin (maybe once contacted they give more conclusive information after signing an NDA).

Then again, MA can't afford this not to be a success.
So somehow the buyer is "garantueed" MA will help in the best way then can.

I'll have to digest this during a few days ... I guess it will result in a matter of trust.

all i can say is in about 10 years here, i ve never seen so much anger, frustration, negative experience returns, overall pessimistic players.
And this is getting worse everyday, and i feel that way myself about "our" game.
Every year Mindark's "brains" are only focused on how to make money money and money on the same database unstead of trying to give this game a new dimension.

Do a single people in Mindark really think we need any new fucking moon/land/asteroid/mob bullshit?

the universe is already 1000x too big for the few people that still can afford losing their ass everyday here. but "hey", who cares, lets go make some more money on the same asses.

So go take your money, buy big cars, and leave people who trusted you for so long lose all hope and move on...

Hello, lets us think for a while, if they dont make any money they whould'nt survive and we will lose our beloved game. I dont belive that is what we really wish for.. or is it?

Personally I lost my IRL work a year ago and now playing on a very low budget and as eco "atleast I think I do it :)" as possible, not always fun but I still love to play almost every day :)

So come on, you dont think that MA, even if old bugs not have been fixed and missing things still not have ocurred :( , have on there wishlist, to make there players happy and that they are trying to level out the game so more players will stay and more new players coming onboard. I belive thats there goal atleast, but could ofc be totaly wrong here :confused:

Rapido

Last edited:
[h=2]Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned[/h] [h=3]Entropia Universe All Planets Bulletin[/h] Gothenburg, Sweden – March 1, 2013 /Entropia Universe/ – Entropia Universe announced today that it will be auctioning a newly discovered moon starting on March 21, 2013. This unique opportunity combines the Entropia Universe Planet Partner and Marketing Partner programs, allowing the winner to operate an estate in a virtual universe which just celebrated its tenth anniversary.

The winning bidder will work closely with the MindArk team throughout the estate’s development process with direct input on important design decisions, and will share revenue with MindArk resulting from all activity on the moon. As a way to further increase earning potential, the winning bidder will also have the ability to recruit newparticipants through marketing, and receive a share of revenue from resulting activity anywhere in Entropia Universe.

The moon estate includes a Lunar Command Center and two Lunar Habitats, along with eight subsurface caverns filled with unique creatures and rare resources.

The auction for rights to manage the moon estate will begin on March 21 and end two weeks later, on April 4, 2013. The estate deed will be listed on the Entropia Universe global auction with a starting bid of 1.5 million PED (150,000 USD).

For more information about the auction including full details regarding the Moon Estate, please visit the following URL: www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/announcements/moon

Originally Posted Here

Why don't you fix existing issues and bring back some of the old stuff we actually want? Rather than.bringing out new cash grabs for yourselves all the time? Wait, I guess bug fixes don't bring in the dollars... Wankers.

Why don't you fix existing issues and bring back some of the old stuff we actually want? Rather than.bringing out new cash grabs for yourselves all the time? Wait, I guess bug fixes don't bring in the dollars... Wankers.

Why do that? The issues are already broken for years. The few who have stuck around long enough to still think the taming and broken systems will ever get fixed are just Mindark's little jokebook they pull out now and then when they need a good laugh.

2007 promises are still broken. did you expect 2009 promises to be any different?

Why do this with a new moon? Why not just take over the shell of Next Island and fix it?

Why do this with a new moon? Why not just take over the shell of Next Island and fix it?

Thought about that too, but there are some hairy issues involved afaik.

I think this will be a great opportunity for me to help showcase my out of game talents. I hope you agree. :)

Please, don't sing and dance!

Thats no moon! Next Island will meet the same fate as Alderaan.....

I sure wish I could buy it. This is a pretty awesome opportunity if you ask me :wtg:

Some interesting points here, but can't believe no one has asked the BIG question yet...

...Will it be made of Virtual Cheese?

:laugh:

Hello, lets us think for a while, if they dont make any money they whould'nt survive and we will lose our beloved game. I dont belive that is what we really wish for.. or is it?
This is a little bit off topic, but in keeping with the comments about MA and bankruptcy and them making money.

I felt that MindArk missed out on a huge opportunity when the deal to bring in Planet Michael fizzled out. I'm sure such a planet would have brought in a huge influx of people interested in a Michael Jackson themed world. Some of these people would subsequently have been enthused by the EU and the RCE, and even if only 1% of those people were suitably curious about the sci-fi theme and hung around, participated and deposited then that would have been a big boost to the various economies and to MindArk themselves.

Disagree with me if you like, but the quiet ending of this planet partnership was a massive blow to Entropia.

As for the Moon, having had the day to digest it and the info released already, I'm in agreement with those who think it is just going to be a damp squib. I stand by my "FOMA lite" comment on page 4 or 5 of this thread. I see nothing unique about it at all. That said, I'd love for MA to prove me wrong.

all i can say is in about 10 years here, i ve never seen so much anger, frustration, negative experience returns, overall pessimistic players.

It is really just the same handful of people who spread negativity on the forum over and over again. Sure, they are quite vocal and vomit their frustration and self-hate in every thread possible. But i doubt that is representative for how the average player experiences the game.

If you look back the last few years you have to agree that a lot has changed, especially for mid level players. Good changes. Now of course not all is shiny and MindArk would need a lot more recourses to get things done. So if they sell virtual property to get things (or just keep) going, what could be wrong with that?

All i know is, i log in every day and find a working game to play with. Some bugs and issues, i can deal with that. I think un(der)developed systems like in example tailoring, taming, beauty.. really needs attention because they have an big impact on the main professions and economy. But hey, if they do that the very same people yell just again, shortsighted..

And obviously the folks doing landscape, create new areas, are not the same people who work on coding and new systems. So there is no point ranting about an new created area. Thats like saying the sales people in an company should stop doing their thing and "help out" in the account department if things ain't going smooth there.

"... the winning bidder will also have the ability to recruit newparticipants (sp) through marketing..."

Translates to "As usual we are too lazy to do anything ourselves about bringing in any new players, so we're going to get you to do it for us."

A new interim head of game production has already been appointed. It's in a thread somewhere but it's Frank Campbell, a former FPC employee and he'll probably use former members of the FPC dev team as they /he formed Dajin just after the SEE deal fell through.

As such it's still operating as otherwise it would have stayed with MA.

https://gust.com/c/next_island_llc

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/planet-update-news.8200/page-2

after what happened with SEE I think MA are unwilling to shutdown a PP.

Last edited:
Q: What's the difference between Wine in a bottle and Whine on a forum?

A: Only one of them gets better with age.

:beerchug:
Miles

What ideas do you as a player have for the moon?

I have a lot...

-Huge hp mob mid impact low regen
-Entry level mob
-Mid level mob something like big ambu
-Level 8-17 mob
-New type of amp made specifically for that type of gravity
-Uranium....also mix of elements naturally
-Wave events of "meteorites/mobs"
-Mining actually can "aggro" a mob with it...special type of mob

I picture it icy I don't know why or maybe a big gas atmosphere/toxic

Those are my thoughts...now let's rob a bank IRL

I'm confused by the revenue figures, someone correct me if i'm wrong :)

Assuming a current player goes to the moon, the owner gets 10% of revenue generated by that player. If the revenue generate is 10% (with 90% returned to player) and the moon owner gets 10% of that 10% then he's getting the equivalant of a normal LA at 1% tax.

If a player is generated by the moon owner and plays on the moon then the owner gets the equivilant of a 3.5% tax.

So if I'm reading this correctly, the only way the owner is better off with the moon instead of a normal LA would be if he generated a player who then played somewhere other than the moon.

So is the moon just vapour and all the owner is buying into is an affiliate program offering 25%?

revenue is not only on loot (like for LA), but on crafting, from repair and so on like for Calypso Deed.

If 60.000 Calypso Deeds are 25% of Planet Calypso revenue, the Moon Estate Deed is 10% of Planet Moon revenue.

If it was Calypso we was talking about 24M peds, for the Moon the SB will be 1.5M ped.

TBH I don't know why I asked the question, it makes no difference to me lol

What does effect me though is that the moon appears to be untaxed, that's nice :) Unless it gets a forced 5% like the LAs on ark and rock.

Unimpressed. Disappointed. Confused.

Unimpressed.

This is basically Treasure Island with the Planet Partner revenue model. No new ground is being made.

Disappointed

There is so much under developed content in the game (apartments and estates, events, game play elements like taming) that spending developer hours on this type of thing seems to be misguided. Does Entropia really need more area?

Confused

MA stated they were going to focus on the platform and leave content and attracting players to the Planet Partners. Now MA says they are going to develop a new area that will (I assume) compete against the PP. This makes me wonder if the revenue stream of the PPs is not what was expected. Perhaps MA anticipates some financial troubles for the planets that will result in them taking control.

This is so true on every point. It's just getting crazy! But what a lot have forgotten and I think is one of the main problems here is the new CEO. I'm guessing he looked over the game and from what he has found order changes to be made in hopes to make this a better game all the while not understanding the game or most likely never have even set foot in game.

There are a lot of issues here and I just hope MindArk and us will be able to live through it all.

1.) I think a SB of 1.5 M PEDs is market manipulation.

2.) I think it's a kick in the nuts for PP's who paid ALOT more to have this revenue model.

3.) I think the costs involved in creating all the new loot required to make this area "Unique" is going to hit the playerbase HARD

4.) I have a bad feeling that this "investment" won't be as good as the winning bidder(s) will hope it is. Not that I think it'll be bad... but think about it... a CLD pays 3.5 PED/week. 35 cents U.S. I have a strong feeling that the ROI will be in the same ball park because the players have shown that 35 cents/week on a 100$ investment is acceptable.

IMO the state of the economy and universe isn't ready for super huge investments yet. I think they shoulda stuck with something on a smaller scale. Or more of a multi-player scale. Factory where Main investor(s) get 50% and the other 50% worth are sold off in CLD type deeds. I THINK it would have brought in more revenue while still being a "tease" for the big spender(s).

Now the exciting part.... we'll finally get to see first hand what the Moon looks like that MindArk created for the NASA project..... cuz I'm SURE that's what they're using in order to keep the costs down.

Oh.. the bugs will be pretty exciting too....

Menace

Now the exciting part.... we'll finally get to see first hand what the Moon looks like that MindArk created for the NASA project..... cuz I'm SURE that's what they're using in order to keep the costs down.

Oh yeah, be great to see it. We have seen parts of it already. The THING used a lot of it if that not being the NASA project itself.

But what's kind of sad as well is how much did the CLD pay for this project?

I have a bad feeling that this "investment" won't be as good as the winning bidder(s) will hope it is. Not that I think it'll be bad... but think about it... a CLD pays 3.5 PED/week. 35 cents U.S. I have a strong feeling that the ROI will be in the same ball park because the players have shown that 35 cents/week on a 100$ investment is acceptable.

IMO the state of the economy and universe isn't ready for super huge investments yet. I think they shoulda stuck with something on a smaller scale. Or more of a multi-player scale. Factory where Main investor(s) get 50% and the other 50% worth are sold off in CLD type deeds. I THINK it would have brought in more revenue while still being a "tease" for the big spender(s).

You may be proved completely correct, however with Star and probably several others going for this, I'm guessing this could be a nice asset for the winning bidder.

Deathifier, Neverdie and Buzz dont ever seem to be short of a Ped or two. :twocents:

Good luck to whoever ends up with it!

Maybe it's not even ready yet for deployment?

"The Moon Manager will work closely with the MindArk design team throughout the moon estate’s development process, with direct input on important design decisions."

How far are the basic concepts of the moon built? Are we talking 6 months+ before it can go live?

This is very important question from a big investment point of view.

Rick

I almost laughed when I saw it say the MM will work closely with MA team. Is that like how Cyr planet team are working closely with them, and are not in a full release almost a year later?
I'm kinda disappointed about this news. An opportunity for someone, but not the EU players really. Maybe an opp for us to hunt and mine at some point in the distant future... It's same old same old I fear.
"Hey let's make a whole new moon! Oh and maybe we will fix the crazy bugs introduced in the new avatar graphic system sometime...."
We need more population still. Spreading us out more doesn't seem to help. RT, HELL, Ark, more space keeps getting added, but not many people to fill it.

Back