Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned

To all fkin whiners: at least wait for next fawkin VU before whine, its supposed to contain 'boatloads' of stuffs... along with PP update

To all fkin whiners: at least wait for next fawkin VU before whine, its supposed to contain 'boatloads' of stuffs... along with PP update

Yes it is. Butt loads of fucking bugs as usual. Whats your point?

-Bemo-

All I have to say is MA is in bad need of money it seems. They can't fix bugs, reintroduce old systems yet they TRY to create more planet/moon/wtfevershit. 6mil sale for Caly and cant even do marketing like they said they would. Seems my money will keep going else where as it has been for few months.

-Bemo-

Ty for neg rep.

Have you ever thought that these BUGS which you are referring aren't business of Mindark. They are maybe business of Planet Partners. And ah the taming... send a PM to guy who decided to do a Taming Planet. And if you're so good at marketing, maybe you should do it.

Gotta love the constant negativity.

If any group forms in the US to bid on this. I would be verry interested in knowing the legal and how much per share split, etc.

GL to all that bid!

........Bah......Pffft.......

1st Revenue :

Revenue generated through participant activity will be shared with the Moon Manager as follows:
Activity on the moon estate by participants recruited by Moon Manager: 35%
Activity on the moon estate by all other participants: 10%
Activity elsewhere within Entropia Universe by participants recruited by the Moon Manager: 25%

2nd Why is announcement so Late ? , should had been announced already 1-2 weeks ago.

3rd Where the Fu** is the SIB Gap-fill on ark ? Was announced for End of Feb.......

4th Why the Heck again only things for Not-Common entropians ?
We know now what is the new investment where Maxim talked about as he announced his sales :p
Probably there are not many people who are interested in this and can efford at the same time :p

5th What we normal players should do with the stupid TEN-event, where only uber with a big credit card have a "serious chance" to win.
All other Entropians need to pay for it in kind of shit TT-returns which gonna be pretty worse last weeks
(except the few Uber-Announcement-ATH's).

6th and last question MA........
When u will do things next time for the "normal player base" which paying your weighes every day, instead in making it more and more difficult to afford this "game"..............
last 3 month i just see more and more robbing on the normal players and doing more and more things for investors or groups/persons which are not really "players"..............
(demonic-nerf/ nerf of dps in hunting profession,higher skill demand/ playing roundabout with mining mu's)
anyone saw the prices for level 5 (L) amps ? using them is just gambling anymore with 114%.......

sry to say but last 3 month the changes where just depressing for many of the normal guys

the only nice thing on this announcment is that something new for space will come soon.
But on the other hand if i look on the development plan for 2013 where is written :
"A practically risk-free travel shouldnt be possible anymore" ..................
i know where it goes in future :)

i think i should more stay away from PCF it makes me just angry if i read the things,
what is planned and what will/should come.....

cheers............

They keep adding new areas for hunting and mining, just with different names (LAs, planet, asteroids etc).
Does the economy really need this? Are all the old hunting and mining areas too crowded?!

//Dee

Im not very negative about a new moon. But it seems to me they are doing everything backwards. Somebody mentioned something about MA not having money, might be true and i wouldnt be surprised.
I think the prioroty list would look like something like this: Fix some critical bugs->complete loot distribution->Campaign->new moon.
Then I think they would have more interest from investors.
Personally i would never buy that moon as it is now, I dont see any marketing, support sucks big donkey ass, we dont know if the player base keeps getting bigger, how does MA's financial situation look like?
I do read alot at gaming sites, I havent seen one article about EU (except about sales records) and that makes me very sceptical.
Im not a fan about that they will put that moon on auction, that means that any idiot with a big wallet can buy it, why not look after serious buissness partners instead? I think it would have been better to have a fixed price and talk to people willing to pay that ammount and choose the one with most ambitions....
We need more players not more planets after all....Now player/planet ratio is 1:1

We could ask yourself why they choose to do everything in the wrong order ( we dont know exactly whats in the release yet, maybe theyve fixed everything and made a marketing campaign)?
I "think" that they dont have the resources to solve all their problems, too few programming people etc.

Last edited:
I have an important question. Is this moon blue?

Hmmz how i read this article :

This is the oppertunity for a player to become a planet partner and keeping the right to keep playing the game for atleast 150,000 usd.

it's exactly the same as planet partners contract except that the buyer does not need funds in the back safe to be allmost sure not to face bankruptcy as like the normal planets need to have for becoming a planet partner.

recruiting players (and get income from what those players spend in EU)
your own planet
your own layout / design
your working with MA
same way of revenue shared with MA as planet partners

it's all the same, but one thing is defferent........ 150.000 usd start capital is lower and the owner does not have to kill his avatar.

wonder if the the planet / moon is cyrene or if it is a new planet ..... that the had allready, the one they made for the space institute program but did not get chosen by the space institute ....

i'm guessing direction the last one....
non the less it looked damn good those pic's

good luck to the bidders and may the force and lootius be with the winner

I can't wait until the auction :p. 150k usd is going to be a lot of zeros, it would be far too interesting if MA messes up and does 15k USD SB instead. I could see it happening.

And oh the epic threads started after MA forcibly removes the auction offer even after first bid has been placed :).

To the topic at hand - I feel the moon should orbit NI. If it orbits Caly, it would make no sense, unless it's way into "deep space" Z-coordinate, where we couldn't have gone.... but then it would be hard to represent that on our 2d space map.

If it orbits Caly, bah. There's already THREE space areas orbiting Caly - SS, FOMA, CP. We don't need a fourth.... especially if the moon is supposed to be planet-like.

If it orbits NI it would bring some balance :). NI is not that okay right now, so the moon will bring it some traffic.

Nobody thought to look in that direction.

yes we did : i did , mikass and georgeskywalker did as far as i know

but must say i'd thought they sell cyrene not thought about the thing they develloped for the space institute

Official Notice: We have experienced some technical difficulties in creating the new moon. Several large explosions occurred in cavern number five when an previously unknown hydrogen gas pocket was inadvertently penetrated during construction. Despite the current situation, we are confident that repairs will be completed prior to the moon auction. However, these repair efforts will delay development of taming features by two weeks. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to those with pets or fruit.

attachment.php

Ok so MA selling the moon...............
I will not bid on it but i hope it ends good for all of us.

but must say i'd thought they sell cyrene not thought about the thing they develloped for the space institute

How can they sell something that's not their? Ok, in a sense everything in this universe is their, but Cyrene has a pretty alive dev team, in contrast to Next Island, for instance... wait, maybe you meant Next Island?

I just hope, the person who buys this moon does'nt turn it into a mining only area, and destroy the dna of the unique mobs.

I also hope when they say rare resources, that calypso's ores and enmats dont get transported up there (yet again), so that all we get on Caly is Lysterium and Oil.

Please MA, for the love of god, make new items and ores for this moon, and dont poach whats available to us on whatever planet were on.

Good luck to the person(s) who buy this.

Sounds like it could be a great addition to EU.

Whiners, keep the comments rolling in now before the moon arrives. After you've seen it you might actually like it and then you'll regret that you didn't take the opportunity to whine.

And the new owner will bring in loads of new players , lol ive heard that since i started in 2009

Here is an old advice I want to give to you all : Give up

thats the oldest joke /advice in humanity ,lol
I ussually make this joke at work

yes a bottle of wine later and the link that Maygar posted before makes this day even better :)

They keep adding new areas for hunting and mining, just with different names (LAs, planet, asteroids etc).
Does the economy really need this? Are all the old hunting and mining areas too crowded?!

//Dee

Yeah I just 2 week back saw GD on my radar during hunting and it was so annoying..

A really exciting chapter in EU, perphaps.

Interesting concept, but how many people "in game" will have the money to bid on this type of venture ? And if you can go this "high", why not find an investor who makes you a full PP ?

Also, how would the PP feel about these types of initiative ?
It is like saying ... damn it is hard to find full-blown PP, so let's make it a bit easier...

Also the "info" is pretty limited. Admitted, you can request from a mail address, but why not share the current status of the moon, the location in space, the size of the map, etc.

Last edited:
Breaking News! Astronomers in Cape Corinth have received data that The planet Next Island has left its current orbit. Although details are just getting to us at this time, the lead astronomer Carl Planethead noted “It coming towards Calypso I think. It is one tenth of an AU closer to us today than it was two days ago.”

Space craft are launching tonight for a trip across the EU to check on the progression of the Next Island Planet. Stay Tuned to Dalewj News for more information

So basicaly you don't get to do the cool game development part, but instead only the boring marketing stuff. Personaly I wouldn't even want to do that deal if the moon didn't cost 1.5Mil PED. xDD
Well maybe they can find someone to do decent marketing that way...

If it was 'shares' of the moon we could finally have a decent referral process. I would buy some shares and get many members to join.

Also the "info" is pretty limited. Admitted, you can request from a mail address, but why not share the current status of the moon, the location in space, the size of the map, etc.

from what they've said it sounds like there isn't much done yet i.e. the buyer gets to decide on certain things, which for $150,000 I'd hope so. So it could be like the banks where the owner got to decide the design but not the content. Right now it's a outline for a blueprint and not much dev work has been done.

We know what's in it - 100 apartments, 14 shops, some new domes, a new mob and yet another new stackable :rolleyes: and no doubt new BP's will be added to use it. The interesting part will be who the mob will be suited for. If this new area is to bring in new players then why would the new mob be for existing players only, unless these newbies are to be shipped off to Calypso asap.

If this is a MA sale then I doubt it will have a TP to Calypso or atleast it shouldn't as it's telling all future PP's that MA can do what the hell they want and screw the balance that they'll be forced to put up with. But if has a tp to all planets then it could be used as short cut to avoid lootable space.

Consider though the PP's couldn't add that many apartments until they had enough players and even now can't add any more shops or apartments even if there is demand.

Last edited:
Unconstructive persistent whiners: Why are you all still here? Just quit already....

And what would be better by doing this ?

sorry dilly, I love the game, but have waited since december on the new big thing regarding investment opportunitys , this was like bringing on the old rabbit out of the hat trick again.nothing new nothing exciting

This is what other can do with limited resources regarding Taming :

all i can say is in about 10 years here, i ve never seen so much anger, frustration, negative experience returns, overall pessimistic players.
And this is getting worse everyday, and i feel that way myself about "our" game.
Every year Mindark's "brains" are only focused on how to make money money and money on the same database unstead of trying to give this game a new dimension.

Do a single people in Mindark really think we need any new fucking moon/land/asteroid/mob bullshit?

the universe is already 1000x too big for the few people that still can afford losing their ass everyday here. but "hey", who cares, lets go make some more money on the same asses.

So go take your money, buy big cars, and leave people who trusted you for so long lose all hope and move on...

Unimpressed. Disappointed. Confused.

Unimpressed.

This is basically Treasure Island with the Planet Partner revenue model. No new ground is being made.

Disappointed

There is so much under developed content in the game (apartments and estates, events, game play elements like taming) that spending developer hours on this type of thing seems to be misguided. Does Entropia really need more area?

Confused

MA stated they were going to focus on the platform and leave content and attracting players to the Planet Partners. Now MA says they are going to develop a new area that will (I assume) compete against the PP. This makes me wonder if the revenue stream of the PPs is not what was expected. Perhaps MA anticipates some financial troubles for the planets that will result in them taking control.

Back