Question: Ped to Click?

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
If I made a website that paid users in PED to click advertisements while they sweat to earn extra income for gameplay do you think people would use it?

The main source of advertisers would likely be outside of the game and network, but do you guys think you would advertise too on it? Let users know about your shops/services?

Or is this idea a total fail? I messaged the admins requesting permission to make it before I start but I assume it's allowed as I was/am allowed to do web design for ped.

I would not use it and I have nothing to advertise about but I think it is a good idea! This way sweaters can help MA with cash :-D

If you're targetting sweaters, there's a good chance they're willing to do the most boring, repetitive, mindless tasks for fractions of a ped.

In terms of players advertising on the system... I'm not sure what you'd advertise, since it's targeting the segment of the EU population that doesn't have any peds to spend. I guess it would be a good way to advertise "charity" things like TP runs, free newbie events, that kind of thing, but of course you'd have to pay for the advertising.

the problem with this type of thing is that a lot of time worms, trojans, zero day exploits, etc. are spread through advertising networks. Happened to this very forum a couple of years ago... If you have people doing this type of thing every day multiple times a day, it's asking for trouble from that.

If you do have them do it, make sure you tell users to use something like virtual pc, deep freeze, or something else that can stop the viruses from spreading like wildfire untamed by undoing the changes the virus causes.

the problem with this type of thing is that a lot of time worms, trojans, zero day exploits, etc. are spread through advertising networks. Happened to this very forum a couple of years ago... If you have people doing this type of thing every day multiple times a day, it's asking for trouble from that.

If you do have them do it, make sure you tell users to use something like virtual pc, deep freeze, or something else that can stop the viruses from spreading like wildfire untamed.

I plan to install a website checker which will scan the website for any iframes, viruses, or bad code, it is pretty strict and I have run traffic exchanges in the past, it keeps them very safe.

If you make a website for this, you better not be making it, so you get a small portion of all completed things for your own gain.

If you make a website for this, you better not be making it, so you get a small portion of all completed things for your own gain.

Maybe put in an iframe somewhere in the site to this:
<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

After I put a lot of my own money into advertising, web development, hosting, not to mention time it takes to do payout, and make the site heaven forbid I earn a profit in the end right?
That's like asking MA not to profit. Nobody does anything for free buddy. :laugh:

If you'll manage to find advertisers outside of the game who pay per click (although I thought nobody pays for clicks for a long time, only for actual purchases) and don't know who exactly clicks their ads, it may work. But you hardly will find any ingame advertisers because they have nothing to offer to people who're ready for this kind of work.

If you are serious about this I have a few ideas that could make this work. And could help develop.
I am strong in 7 programming languages and a history in both PPC and cpa advertising. Either pm
me here or in game.

Nova Nick Genesis

Help would be appreciated. I am good with design but not the best with coding, and am planning on purchasing a site script and editing it.

I know where to find advertisers who don't care if the user looks at their site, they just want the 10, 20, or 30 second exposure to increase their alexa rating or for other profiting means. Thus a click is perfect for them as it is a very cheap form of getting thousands of unique hits from good countries.

The Pay to click model is just the best way to pay my users and keep track of their earnings.

Pay per click is (essentially) dead.
Good luck trying though!

Totaal saldo overzicht
Omschrijving Parels Bedrag Details
Verdiend vóór 2013 6.359.188 € 79,49
Verwerkte transacties 2013 26.000 € 0,33
Overige verdiensten 2013 116.000 € 1,45
Uitbetalingen -6.000.000 - € 75,00
Huidig saldo 501.188 € 6,26

ok.... this is just one site out of 10 I click.. total payouts are 75 euro's or 375k sweat.. I'd rather click ads tbh.

Totaal saldo overzicht

ok.... this is just one site out of 10 I click.. total payouts are 75 euro's or 375k sweat.. I'd rather click ads tbh.

Odd site name, and that is not even the big English ones. Some megasites sites like clixsense pay out millions each year. It is not dead, it just changed, before people used it for genuine user based advertising, now it is primarily used for 'hits' but I imagine the site users (you guys) will be interested in entropia advertisements enough to read it for the 10-30 seconds it appears and subconsciously memorize the shop location or service or event.

Last edited:
Such things exist and some people sometimes spam such links hidden using tinyurl so their "followers" don't realize they are clicking using some kinda referral system where the spammer is the real one earning the most peds.

Totaal saldo overzicht

Am I reading it right?
6mil clicks for 75 Euro? That's 0.0000125 cents per click (dutch cents? lol).
If so, PPC is more dead than I thought... lol

note: by dead, I meant it's not what it used to be, ofcourse you can still make $100 in a year. But 10 years ago you could actually make some decent money... when PPC was alive and well.

The way I read this is that the OP wants to start this up to make some extra money under the guise of helping noobs.
He realizes that noobs will do anything for free PED.
He realizes if he sets this up, noobs will do it, OP doesn't really have to administer anything (automate the pay process is too simple) and the Pyramid will start.
Noobs get few cents a year, OP gets exponentially more.
(here I ask myself; how serious is this guy anyway, I've seen some "out there" comments regarding his intention to free up funds for the new investment opportunity, prior to it's announcement as a moon, plus some really clueless statements regarding gameplay... and I note he's a noob himself...)

I don't see how this is any different to the semantics or whatever it's called that MA have incorporated already, except that the payouts are probably lower with this proposition considering I have seen offers upwards of 20 PED per with the offers on MA site.

I'm out of this convo. I personally think it's just someone thinking out loud and nothing will come of it.
However, If you prove me wrong and pull it off, more power to you, sir!

Last edited:
Am I reading it right?

note: by dead, I meant it's not what it used to be, ofcourse you can still make $100 in a year. But 10 years ago you could actually make some decent money... when PPC was alive and well.

The way I read this is that the OP wants to start this up to make some extra money under the guise of helping noobs.
He realizes if he sets this up, noobs will do it, OP doesn't really have to administer anything (automate the pay process is too simple) and the Pyramid will start.
(here I ask myself; how serious is this guy anyway, I've seen some "out there" comments regarding his intention to free up funds for the new investment opportunity, prior to it's announcement as a moon, plus some really clueless statements regarding gameplay... and I note he's a noob himself...)

I don't see how this is any different to the semantics or whatever it's called that MA have incorporated already, except that the payouts are probably lower with this proposition considering I have seen offers upwards of 20 PED per with the offers on MA site.

I'm out of this convo. I personally think it's just someone thinking out loud and nothing will come of it.

I am paying users in ped, nothing here will be automated, I will have to manually remove the cash after each payment from the accounts. I am doing this to help people but it is ridiculous to think I wouldn't earn off of it. I am going to be operating it at a loss for the first few months I have to earn that money back. It is not like I will be paying my users a fraction of what they earn, if I pay to little or charge to much on advertisements no one will use the site.

The site is PED to click, as in I will have to give out ped each week, how can I possibly automate that? As you clearly know nothing about Paid to Click sites, try reading this thread :http://www.talkptc.com/index.php?topic=32788.0

A PTC site is only a 'pyramid' if it is subscription based, which this site will obviously be free.

This site is different from Entropia's current system in that instead of being CPA it is PTC.
Entropia has a Cost Per Action system where users manually type in their info or purchase a product or do a survey, on my site they will simply click an advertisement and look at it for 10 seconds or even look away and play the game in that time.

Last edited:
/mod note/

2.10 - Affiliate Links/Solicitation
Advertising real life items or services unrelated to Entropia Universe, the posting of affiliate or referral links, or any other form of solicitation is NOT permitted on PlanetCalypsoForum (this includes member profiles or any other publicly viewable area). If you would like to advertise on PlanetCalypsoForum, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to inquire. Similarly, promotion of or posting links to charities or other services soliciting donations or money is NOT permitted. Any such postings may be deleted without notice.

Offering a webdesign service for players and socs is permitted only if offered to players and socs for their EU-related sites.
Promoting your website offering a pay-to-clik services is not however EU related, even if you offer payment in PED, and so not you will not be permitted to promote it on any publicly viewable area of the forum, including in threads, signature, or profile.

Just a fair warning, if you do create some site like that, per the forum rules you won't be able to promote them on this forum or EF

Forum Rules said:
2.10 - Affiliate Links/Solicitation
Advertising real life items or services unrelated to Entropia Universe, the posting of affiliate or referral links, or any other form of solicitation is NOT permitted on PlanetCalypsoForum (this includes member profiles or any other publicly viewable area). If you would like to advertise on PlanetCalypsoForum, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to inquire. Similarly, promotion of or posting links to charities or other services soliciting donations or money is NOT permitted. Any such postings may be deleted without notice.

*sigh* Too slow.

I think you will find there is heaps and heaps of effort required for the pec redemption component of this idea. As you note, it cannot be automated. You will need to meet up with each and every clicker in game to pass on their pecs. Factor in timezones, different planets and you will be doing a lot of traveling and standing around and trading of very small amounts. And of course you are paying the deposit fee to get the pecs into the game.

I'm not convinced this a viable business plan for you or the clickers.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Am I reading it right?

you're reading it wrong.

this is payed e-mail and it pays 1.5 eurocents per read e-mail. You get 1000 pearls per e-mail. 1 million pearls equates 12.50 in euro's. the 6 million you saw, were the pearls. It's a Dutch site and I think it's only for Dutch people, since the ads focus on Dutch products.
I think I'm in violation if I mention the site here, so I won't.

I think you will find there is heaps and heaps of effort required for the pec redemption component of this idea. As you note, it cannot be automated. You will need to meet up with each and every clicker in game to pass on their pecs. Factor in timezones, different planets and you will be doing a lot of traveling and standing around and trading of very small amounts. And of course you are paying the deposit fee to get the pecs into the game.

I'm not convinced this a viable business plan for you or the clickers.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

I know it will be time extensive but I should be able to manage with some trusted helpers on different planets.
However I am not planning to make an overwhelming profit or anything, or create a good business here, it's mostly to help sweaters earn more. If I can keep my losses from becoming extreme I will be happy with this so long as more players can get more gameplay.

On a note on the no advertising, I know that but if I was to purchase a forum section then that would be allowed as a form of advertising, or a banner on the top?

If you are interested in making peds from advertisement, you should check this out:

http://www.rocktropia.com/forum/t17764/

And i think it would be more beneficial for the game rather than clicking something lol

yeah god forbid anyone try to make money from their work hey.

yeah god forbid anyone try to make money from their work hey.

Just a corollary attitude to the Free Shit Empire (tm) mentality currently destroying both the US and Europe :)

:) its rampant these days :)

Nearly 5 years later and the site is still going strong! :)

Last edited:
Back