Event: April Autism Fundraiser at Proteron Pasture OLA 46 - 5k PED prizes

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Entropian Events & Proteron Pasture present

APRIL AUTISM FUNDRAISER
A hunting contest to raise funds for charity

April is Autism Awareness and Acceptance Month, and to mark this Proteron Pasture OLA 46 will be donating 10% of all tax revenue to charity. To help raise funds we will be running a contest in the land with 5k PED in prizes up for grabs!

proteron_46_banner.jpg

Rules & Prizes

It couldn't be simpler - just register for the event on EntropiaLife and go hunting at Proteron Pasture OLA 46. The 5 avatars who get the most hunting globals during the event period will each win 1000 PED.

The event runs from 1 April 00:01 EU time until 30 April 23:59 EU time.

This event is for solo hunters only - team globals do not count.

Proteron Pasture OLA 46 is northwest of Oshiri Hearts TP - see the map in the banner above.

The mobs are small Proteron, mainly Young.

How to Enter

You need to register for the event on EntropiaLife, so that your globals will be counted automatically. No screenshots, no posting, no fuss.

Follow this link to register: http://www.entropialife.com/Events.aspx?M=viewEvent&eventID=347

Charity Donation

10% of tax income from the land will be donated to charity. The donation will be split equally between the National Autism Association and Gamer Kidz.

If any winner is willing to donate their prize to the charities, Skippie (owner of Proteron Pasture OLA 46) will match their contribution by donating a further 1000 PED.

Daily tax will be tracked in this thread and a check will be written to each charity at the end of April.

Further Information

Tax on Proteron Pasture OLA 46 is set to just 3.99%

Proteron at Entropedia: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&name=Proteron

Proteron Bestiary page: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174374-proteron

If you haven't already got the Proteron Iron Challenge, don't forget to do this before you start. You can find the mission broker Anna Fergusson at Fort Troy TP.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRANTS!

Last edited:
I'll be tracking the Daily Tax here on the Post 3 and keeping up with the overall contribution to Autism charity. 10% of Daily Tax will be donated to this month's Fundraiser.

Total So Far: 4447.67 PED

4-1-2013 - 1084.97 - 108.50
4-2-2013 - 641.38 - 64.14
4-3-2013 - 546.73 - 54.67
4-4-2013 - 611.76 - 61.18
4-5-2013 - 870.62 - 87.06
4-6-2013 - 868.01 - 86.80
4-7-2013 - 807.87 - 80.79
4-8-2013 - 930.83 - 93.08
4-9-2013 - 717.68 - 71.77
4-10-2013 - 914.74 - 91.47
4-11-2013 - 663.00 - 66.30
4-12-2013 - 987.74 - 98.77
4-13-2013 - 1199.20 - 119.92
4-14-2013 - 904.22 - 90.42
4-15-2013 - 717.19 - 71.72
4-16-2013 - 171.36 - 17.13
4-17-2013 - 267.04 - 26.70
4-18-2013 - 151.13 - 15.11
4-19-2013 - 332.95 - 33.30
4-20-2013 - 539.59 - 53.99
4-21-2013 - 764.99 - 76.50
4-22-2013 - 292.39 - 29.24
4-23-2013 - 351.00 - 35.10
4-24-2013 - 400.66 - 40.07
4-25-2013 - 421.44 - 42.14
4-26-2013 - 552.58 - 55.26
4-27-2013 - 584.73 - 58.47
4-28-2013 - 422.27 - 42.23
4-29-2013 - 324.76 - 32.48
4-30-2013 - 433.58 - 43.36

*50% of Oleg's Promoter Fee Donated & Matched: 500 PED
*100% of Skippie's Prize Donated & Matched: 2000 PED
* 50 PED donated by TwoToes & Matched: 100 PED

Last edited:
Register now!

nice event ! gl all

can't hunt prot alone but i will follow the result

Way to GO Oleg & Skippie!

Is it safe now?

I think we can come out from under our rocks, now.

(And help some little kids with Autism.)

Whew!

Awesome Event! Hope everyone joins and helps support kids with Autism and their families
:)

Everything should now be updated with the new name of the LA. Thanks to the mods here for changing the thread title and to Blastoise for sorting things out at EntropiaLife.

Event participants don't need to worry about the change, globals will be counted correctly for those who have registered already and for those who join later.

GamerKidz

I'd like to introduce you to the charity GamerKidz

My name is Renee (Syrinx Syri Pureheart) and I am going to be helping manage the charity GamerKidz.

Very simply put, GamerKidz will help connect kids who have Autism with games.

About me and why this is an important charity:

I am a mother of an 11 year old boy with autism. His name is Orion. And Orion LOVES games. Although he does not communicate well, he can pick up just about any game from any game system and within a few minutes learn how to defeat the game, the “boss” and most likely anyone who would challenge him at it.
Over the years, along the way to school, therapies and doctors appointments, I have met many many other parents who say their autistic son or daughter also loves games and are amazingly good at them. There seems to be an agreement amongst most of these parents that gaming gives their kids peace. It gives them enjoyment, focus and is almost therapeutic for them. I think most everyone, autistic or not, agrees that after a hard days work, sitting down to your favorite game helps wash away the stress of the day. But for kids and adults with autism it means even more. People with Autism live in a world that requires them to do things, everyday things, that most people take for granted. These everyday activities are very stressful, take great effort and are even painful for an Autistic. Some with autism actually feel pain when they have to shake hands, look someone in the eye or even hug their mom. Having something in their lives that brings peace and effortless enjoyment is so important! And GamerKidz can and will help :)

Now go kill as many Proteron as you can on OLA 46! Lets see those taxes roll in for a good cause!!

Best of luck to you all!

~Syrinx

Last edited:
Sounds good Syri :)

Also, the research shows that when Autistic children immerse themselves into games, it does several very beneficial things:

1 - Gaming calms them down, similar to a drug, but without actually being a drug. I.E. There are no side effects.
2 - Gaming raises their IQ. Good thing. A lot of EU Players could use this too!
3 - Gaming helps to build socialization skills, especially in MMO's due to the social environment.
4 - In games that are designed as learning tools, education occurs more easily because the experience is emmersive and not tedious and boring like normal school environments.
5 - Game concepts model IRL concepts. Using currency and "owning" things in games, translates to IRL skills that help out later in life.

I'm really excited to have Syrinx working on Gamer Kidz, and happy to make the donation to get this up and running.

The main focus of this charity will be to crowd source and repurpose used gaming consoles and games to children in need via the Gamer Kidz website.

Thanks for the interest in helping out.

GL with the Prots.

Skippie

Don't forget to register on EntropiaLife :)

Time for a bump :)

Charity is always good :wtg:

March is nearly over, we start in a week!

For some reason the powers that be have decided to revert the LA back to its previous name, Proteron Pasture :banghead:

I'm in the process of getting things changed (again!) behind the scenes so that this doesn't cause a problem for the event, so don't worry about it - just kill Prots and I promise they will be counted :D

I'd very much like to thank Syrinx and her colleagues for looking into to the concerns of the autistic community re. Autism Speaks, and choosing, instead to support two charities that really help autistic children. :yay:

I don't know about hunting prots, cos I recently sold off all my good armour to help fund my tailoring and customising business :laugh: so I've decided to support the fundraising initiative in my own way:

Throughout the month of April, 50% of all tips I receive for my free customising service (link in my sig below) will be donated to Syrinx's charity fund. I'd also like to do a promotion along the lines of wear orange for autism awareness on april 2nd...hope there's time to organise something!

Do you guys know there are a lot of autistic adults in the gaming community? People are often surprised, because most of us seem pretty “normal” (not only is it easier to come across as “normal” online; also it gets a lot easier with age and experience) .

I think it might help towards curbing the prejudice that autistic children face, and dispelling some of the persistent myths about autism, if we “come out” in force. Let's do our bit for Autism Awareness by showing the gaming world that autistic people are every bit as human as anybody else!

Best of luck with the event!

jay

PS, assuming the mods approve this post, I'm now back to posting on PCF as usual. :p

Just a few days till we begin!

Polish Off Dem Gunz.

Globals will now be counted with either the old name or the new name, so it doesn't matter how many times MA decide to change it during the next month :D

Awesome, thanks to Oleg for finding a solution for that.

Really looking forward to putting a good bit of PED to some great charities. Event / fundraiser begins tonight 4-1-2013 @ 00:01 UTC.

Thanks in advance for your support of our April fundraiser.

And we're underway! I've added the scoreboard to post 2.

I've added a tracker for Daily Tax and overall fundraising to Post 3, as well.

GL in this months contest!

Today the fun starts!! Join us for an awesome event!!

Win a prize for yourself and help kids with Autism!!

The taxes you generate will go to 2 awesome charities!!!

National Autism Association directly helps families with children who have autism. They offer grants to those families that need financial help with the overwhelming costs of treatments, therapies and care that health insurance does not usually provide.

GamerKidz connects kids with Autism with their favorite games and gaming systems!!

Two charities that bring 2 important staples of life to children with autism: Health and Happiness :)

Lets get hunting!!

~Syrinx

Word, Syri, TY!

Back