Vtol Mining exploit?

Look, it's very simple.

MA say VTOL hunting is an exploit.
MA don't say VTOL mining is an exploit.

Therefore;

Is VTOL hunting an exploit? YES
Is VTOL mining an exploit? NO

Agree!!

But don't agro mobs, if you do so. Agro mobs to other players can be an exploit.

LMAO ARE YOU NUTS?
if you DROP A PROBE in the middle amob pile you would still have to move the MOB pile away...
first of all mining with a VTOL is like mining on foot...
just abit faster...
your not killing mobs etc your not doing any of that just getting the claim and leave...
LMAO
if you think there are SPECIAL CORDS for CLAIMs

UR NUTS to think this is a advantage other then saving time...
WAIT strash hold up

what?
ya
ya what?
can a hunter save time with vehicles?

OH for SURE, you just fly/drive to the next mob pile...
nooo shit

i kid you not.
wow are they stupid for thinking vtol is a mining exploit..

quick answer yes.

why ?

it's called there is nothing your abusing about the game mechanics about MINING

no way...
yes way...
no seriously why is it different?

really you need to ask that question?

yes?

well the biggest difference is if you can't do the mob and use a vtol to 'stall' the mob so it doesn't hit you is a exploit... now with mining your run is speed up maybe 20%

that's it? you mean mining with avtol won't get you more of advantage then another?

lol why would it??

good question can you expand?

for sure secondly you speed your mining run and perhaps you could be doing it all wrong and fail... or you could do it right and save 20min

wow is everyone saying saving 20min is a exploit?

well you could use a car and drive and wait till mobs outta radar

wow...

strange how people are like this........

ya i love how people are stupid enough to say one thing where the mob doesn't hit you at all and you kill em.... and probably TAKES A EXTRA20min to kill those unique mobs people want to kill.

no way so mining you save time and hunting you waste?"

ya people still don't get the concept skill owns.

Lol so many Vtol problems.
I just posted in another Vtol thread and i will copy paste here too.

/
Im against Vtol hunting.
But im also against vheicle mining.
Going minig to distant areas by using Vtol wich cud be wery hard to reach by running there without skills and gear is questionable and also MU of that mined ore there.
Also remeber in past that running with open loot window ( wich didnt add to miner weight ) was called exploit.
Vtol is like that opened loot window...
Also im against using any vheicle out off road because it allow lag/freeze, agrroing mobs on hunters, mobs train..

/

why vtol mining is as bad as hunting

you can land in a spawn of mob and drop a bomp or extract it whitout decay

if you take the vtol out of the equation they would be mining there just the same as the guy using the vtol for hunting

if it to go faster why they dont use a land vehecule because the vtol stop the agro of the mob like some hunter are using it

Peee Paaaw Peeee Paaaw .. THIS IS THE DIRTY DANCING POLICE .. Peee Paaaw Peee Paaaw

dirty-dancing-a.gif

OH SHIT....WRONG THREAD

Peee Paaaw Peeee Paaaw......Peee Paaaw Peeee Paaaw.....Peee Paaaw Peeee Paaaw

as far as the mining vs hunting argument goes... many avatars do BOTH, regardless of if they get there in a vehicle or on foot...
UR NUTS to think this is a advantage other then saving time...
Vehicles can be sent directly to storage with all those mined up resources that miners put in them... faster than a tp chip can get the miner out of pvp zone. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Going minig to distant areas by using Vtol wich cud be wery hard to reach by running there without skills and gear is questionable and also MU of that mined ore there.
/

So teleporting or using any kind of transportation (except your shoes) to change areas or jump over hard mobs is exploiting according to you?

So teleporting or using any kind of transportation (except your shoes) to change areas or jump over hard mobs is exploiting according to you?

You remember old school mining ?
Vheicles ruined that.

If you use tp chip you need to be ready for fight with mobs so you need skills and gear.
If you use public teleporter you dont teleport in midle of hunting area agroing mobs and f..king hunters there.

Lets ask MA to put ores in trade terminal - its even easyer than Vtol mining.
Is that you wud like ?

There isn't really any need to mine in the middle of mobs to do well mining. Using a vtol mostly just allows you to move faster over rough terrain, fly over mobs instead of run around them, etc. It saves time, at a cost. This discussion is pretty much moot.

Look, it's very simple.

MA don't say VTOL mining is an exploit.

Therefore;

Is VTOL hunting an exploit? YES
Is VTOL mining an exploit? NO

<removed>

1. MA did not, nor did they ever say VTOL hunting is an exploit.
2. MA did not, nor did they ever say VTOL mining is not an exploit.

Please, do the rest of us a favor and refrain from posting again.

I will grant you an exception to this rule; provided your response contains the following:

MindArk said:
This is what is needed to prove any allegations that MA have said either statement. Please include this in your next post.

So, the fact still remains:

MindArk introduced VTOLs.
"VTOL Hunting/Mining" is known by MindArk.
MindArk has yet after years of this knowledge to publicly state this behaviour is against any rules.
Planet Support, which is NOT MindArk has placed temporary bans on a few individuals regarding these tactics. Nothing stuck or has led to a rule change or public statement.
MindArk has yet to correct the problem with coding or any other method of elimination of the so called 'exploit'.

So please, grab a group of friends and start hunting and mining with your VTOLs until too many are doing it that MindArk makes a public statement. Until that time, shut the fuck up <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't really any need to mine in the middle of mobs to do well mining. Using a vtol mostly just allows you to move faster over rough terrain, fly over mobs instead of run around them, etc. It saves time, at a cost. This discussion is pretty much moot.

Yes its save time.
It save also armor, fap, gun decay and a cost to obtain that gear including of years of skilling.
It save also a lot of ammo - or in old times some blades that miners used to keep in inventory because was less weight then ammo.
It reduce all gameplay from creating account to Vtol mining on best mining spots for any newcomer.
Same is for vtol hunting.
Above their level.
What i mostly miss is old times you cud go faar on some hunting spot knowing that noobs cant go there - at least not so easy or fast and that you cud play in peace there.
Im not a proffessional miner but wud be interesting to see opinion of veteran miners seeing their prefered spots owermined by newcomers. ( above their level ... but skill enhancers, depth enhancers...newcomers luck ..lol)

I've seen this said multiple places. But I am out of touch with what they said and when they said it. Could you provide a link to where they say it's an exploit?

Yes its save time.
It save also armor, fap, gun decay and a cost to obtain that gear including of years of skilling.
It save also a lot of ammo - or in old times some blades that miners used to keep in inventory because was less weight then ammo.
It reduce all gameplay from creating account to Vtol mining on best mining spots for any newcomer.
Same is for vtol hunting.
Above their level.
What i mostly miss is old times you cud go faar on some hunting spot knowing that noobs cant go there - at least not so easy or fast and that you cud play in peace there.
Im not a proffessional miner but wud be interesting to see opinion of veteran miners seeing their prefered spots owermined by newcomers. ( above their level ... but skill enhancers, depth enhancers...newcomers luck ..lol)

It only saves time. Like I said, there is no need to mine where there are mobs. You can do great with zero hunting skills, just running. The vtol only saves time.

Vheicles ruined that.

If you use tp chip you need to be ready for fight with mobs so you need skills and gear.
If you use public teleporter you dont teleport in midle of hunting area agroing mobs and f..king hunters there.

Lets ask MA to put ores in trade terminal - its even easyer than Vtol mining.
Is that you wud like ?

You know...even in real life things evolve and change ;) Just look 150 years back in time....people now drive a thing called cars...its much faster than walking :)

Vheicles ruined that.
Mining evolved.
And if the game engine allowed vehicles from the start, old school mining would have never existed.

Mining and hunting are seperate professions. Otherwise you can also ask MA to put crafting machines only in hogglo spawns.

Well strakkan and Psychnosiz seem you are not wiling to add anything to discussion beside to defend your own interest.
Yiu are pulling part of posts out of contest and adding coments wich dont have much to do with thread starter post.
As you say mining evolved but you dont answer how come that hunting didnt evolved and ppl got baned for using vtol - what shud be discussiin in this thread.
Your answers seem forum war actions with no new argumets or your own standings.
What we are doing here answering each other with nonsenses wich go faar from thread started post.
That is troliing and hijaching.
Because any discusion of vtol mining need to be silenced?
Do your job, troll it, im sory i even posted in this thread.

You know guys, the whole vehicles vs "old time nostalgia" issue is easily solved... if a planet partner feels that it's beneficial to have a vehicle free zone, they will simply make one part or all of the planet vehicle free. It didn't work out so well with Ancient Greece, but if an area had interesting things to do in it, good MU, unique resources or mobs, it might do well. You'd have the opportunity for old school TP runs and TP chips only and all that.

Someone uses vtol hunting prots these days? I thought you can outrun them(atleast since last proteron update), and if hunting in team one guy just runs until other one shoots, and starts shooting when mob changes target..

Clearly, this is an exploit.. we should remove legs from the game....:laugh:

Vehicles create issues, If MA saw it as a huge issue you'd think they'd make it so big mobs could eat all the TT out of your vehicle in one hit, spitting your ava out in pieces and swallowing all your loot and gear... Maybe they will and not bother telling anyone....

Well strakkan and Psychnosiz seem you are not wiling to add anything to discussion beside to defend your own interest.
Yiu are pulling part of posts out of contest and adding coments wich dont have much to do with thread starter post.
As you say mining evolved but you dont answer how come that hunting didnt evolved and ppl got baned for using vtol - what shud be discussiin in this thread.
Your answers seem forum war actions with no new argumets or your own standings.
What we are doing here answering each other with nonsenses wich go faar from thread started post.
That is troliing and hijaching.
Because any discusion of vtol mining need to be silenced?
Do your job, troll it, im sory i even posted in this thread.

Bah ! i quoted your whole post dude ! I just dont agree with you. Your playstyle evolved too. MA put in a autoclicker for your skilling so things happen here for hunters ( well sort of ) too !! No regrets about using a third party program a few years ago huh ? And that goes for a great deal of players back then !
Present me a statement where MA says hunting/ mining is forbidden with V-tol. Im not even defending vehiclehunting but so much rumors are flying around in here so its time for you or someone else to present some facts ! Im defending my own point of view for sure....im no politician.
The bloody thread is called " V-tol mining exploit " and im posting in it so live with it or be my guest and feel sorry you even posted here...lol .

You know...even in real life things evolve and change ;) Just look 150 years back in time....people now drive a thing called cars...its much faster than walking :)

With the huge difference that lions are not falling from the sky.

No need to wonder who are the real exploiters.

Bah ! i quoted your whole post dude ! I just dont agree with you. Your playstyle evolved too. MA put in a autoclicker for your skilling so things happen here for hunters ( well sort of ) too !! No regrets about using a third party program a few years ago huh ? And that goes for a great deal of players back then !
Present me a statement where MA says hunting/ mining is forbidden with V-tol. Im not even defending vehiclehunting but so much rumors are flying around in here so its time for you or someone else to present some facts ! Im defending my own point of view for sure....im no politician.
The bloody thread is called " V-tol mining exploit " and im posting in it so live with it or be my guest and feel sorry you even posted here...lol .

Agree, i was just angry on that "people now drive a thing called cars.." like they train mob stampedo on other ppl as normal daily activity.
Agree that in past was wery hard to pull all mining globals and hofs manualy without using third party program as was also hard to craft components all night manualy - please dont crucefix hunters exclusively for same thing.
I dont agree that you do such a difference between hunters - bad ones and miners - good ones.
About statement - i dont know if MA posted anything about but i know that ppl got baned for hunting with Vtol.

About time for facts - i presented my opinion and as i already posted here - got responses without arguments , owns standings or facts.

Lets try...

I shud know that miners will not let discusion about it lol.
Anyway contrary of many miners opinions that miner is not hunter and so no need skils and gear MA did think that miners shud pay armor decay, fap and guns so Vtol rapresent same problem (if any ) as with hunting.

MA made an event where Unlimited miner armor was a reward and also BP's for L version in year 2009.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pa...9242/index.xml

////

One month ago, Genesis Star Interstellar made their presence know again with the construction of the Genesis Tower in Twin Peaks. Maximilian Wolfe, CEO of Genesis Star Calypso, presented the new building, new eMINE tools for miners and a special set of armor for miners. Following the CEOs inaugural ceremony on March 4th, a large scale mining event is now happening on Calypso.

There will be a double skill bonus on mining and crafting activities, from Friday March 13th 12:00 UTC until Monday 23rd 12:00 UTC. Blueprints for the new eMINE PG armor pieces will be released to crafters. Miners can collect certain items in order to get a full set of eMINE PG Unlimited armor.

/////

Description on entropedia
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx...e=eMINE_PG_(L)

/////

The eMINE PG series is a set of protective gear specifically designed for miners.
Created in the same kind of durable synthetic metals and polymer ceramics as the rest of the eMINE tools, the eMINE PG is a stylish and sleek armor for the miner that really wants to look cool!

eMINE: mining made easier, from Genesis Star Interstellar.

/////

So miner and hunter are in same position when using Vtol - no gear decay.
If we allow it to miners then we shud allow it to hunters too.
Even if im against all kind of vheicles because of lag/freeze and probability of harashemnt i dont see valid reason why vtol hunting shud be exploit and vtol mining no.
Cud be interesting discusion and maybe we cud see many new ideas or solutions but is imposible do discus and come to some conclusions with agressive ppl who in reality dont want to discuss.

So miner and hunter are in same position when using Vtol - no gear decay.
If we allow it to miners then we shud allow it to hunters too.
Even if im against all kind of vheicles because of lag/freeze and probability of harashemnt i dont see valid reason why vtol hunting shud be exploit and vtol mining no.
Cud be interesting discusion and maybe we cud see many new ideas or solutions but is imposible do discus and come to some conclusions with agressive ppl who in reality dont want to discuss.

Mindark says the problem is using vehicles to gain an unfair advantage over other players. That's why VTOL hunting is wrong: using a VTOL to escape decay while hunting gives a hunter an advantage over other hunters who are hunting as MA intended (i.e. with armor).

On the other hand, using a VTOL to fly around and drop bombs among mountains or mobs gives the miner NO advantage over other miners. There aren't any vehicleless miners in uber armor down there bravely running through the mob field wearing uber armor and while taking decay. That would just be a stupid way to mine. And resources are not arranged so that the most valuable resources are only underneath mobs. Using a VTOL is simply a convenience that everyone with 30 ped and oil can use.

You may be against vehicles, and that's ok. But avoiding necessary decay while hunting and avoiding unnecessary decay while mining are two completely different situations.

Mindark says the problem is using vehicles to gain an unfair advantage over other players. That's why VTOL hunting is wrong: using a VTOL to escape decay while hunting gives a hunter an advantage over other hunters who are hunting as MA intended (i.e. with armor).

On the other hand, using a VTOL to fly around and drop bombs among mountains or mobs gives the miner NO advantage over other miners. There aren't any vehicleless miners in uber armor down there bravely running through the mob field wearing uber armor and while taking decay. That would just be a stupid way to mine. And resources are not arranged so that the most valuable resources are only underneath mobs. Using a VTOL is simply a convenience that everyone with 30 ped and oil can use.

You may be against vehicles, and that's ok. But avoiding necessary decay while hunting and avoiding unnecessary decay while mining are two completely different situations.

Semm you didnt read all post.
There is armor designed for miners.
I dont think MA intention was that miners have it as estate decoration only.

Ok Dan....you bring up the old slap in the face " miningcontest". A contest for miners with a prize for hunters :eyecrazy:. You dont think full shadow would be even better to use? A armor that already existed ? ;) If that armor was so special for miners why didnt it have any special feautures that could have catered to us ?

I dont see the red line in this and vehicles at all. And I still want a statement from MA about activites with V-tol ,except actually just flying around ,being a exploit ! 1,5 years and still no such statement ?? Or is it even 2 years ?

Vehicles made life as a miner better because its now faster but without em is also fine. I could just run out naked and dont spend a single ped to hunters lootpool. If thats even how it works. Im not so sure I do believe all the talk from MA how independent every avatar ingame are from peds spent.

Ok Dan....you bring up the old slap in the face " miningcontest". A contest for miners with a prize for hunters :eyecrazy:. You dont think full shadow would be even better to use? A armor that already existed ? ;) If that armor was so special for miners why didnt it have any special feautures that could have catered to us ?

I dont see the red line in this and vehicles at all. And I still want a statement from MA about activites with V-tol ,except actually just flying around ,being a exploit ! 1,5 years and still no such statement ?? Or is it even 2 years ?

Vehicles made life as a miner better because its now faster but without em is also fine. I could just run out naked and dont spend a single ped to hunters lootpool. If thats even how it works. Im not so sure I do believe all the talk from MA how independent every avatar ingame are from peds spent.

Yes with your experience you cud run arround naked having good mining results too.
And you probably do it most of time.
Problem is that any newcomer using Vtol witout any skill prerequisites cud pop just few meters near you and drop bomb without asking himself about what you are doing there and maybe agroing some mobs on you before he fly away.
Is not so rare that situation.
It hapened to me and probably to many others.
I hunt but i drop a bomb from time to time.
Killing a mob and asshole come with vtol, i freeze and lag for some additional secconds of decay from mob, then he drop a bomb praticaly under my ass then fly away.
What shud i do ? Enjoj my ass bombed or rebomb on mined place after killing mob?
Oh i shud pull my vtol too and let mob to agro on him ? But that cud be an exploit?
Many problems with vheicles in hunt, minig, pvp, land grabs.
Problems are created by people using sytem wich MA gave at disposition to all regardles of proffession.
And you are rigth, is hard to judge what is wrong and what is not, what is an exploit and what is not without clear MA statement about it.

Semm you didnt read all post.
There is armor designed for miners.
I dont think MA intention was that miners have it as estate decoration only.

I did read it, I just didn't see how MA designing an armor "for miners" could be interpreted to mean that VTOLs are not acceptable to use when mining.

When a miner is mining among big mobs using a VTOL, he always needs to wear armor, and the armor gets decay as he waits for the finder to finish or digs up large claims or clears the area before digging. So there's always armor decay involved, I don't know why people think there isn't any decay. The miner gets no return for this decay.

Also, talking about mining etiquette, when I'm mining I stay outside of agro range of any mobs that are within the agro range of any hunters, so if I do agro a mob, they won't run to the hunter. I sometimes stick around to watch after liftoff to see if the mob agro's him and if it does, I can land and help him kill the mob. But they never do agro on the hunter, at least not in recent VUs.

Last edited:
If any of you says that MA allows VTOL hunting, please frap yourself using VTOL hunting tactic on big mob and send to me. I know someone who was temporally banned because of VTOL hunting, and he is very happy to have your videos to MA :laugh:.

Back