Vtol Mining exploit?

PS I confirm that using VTOL in hunt can give to hunter ability to kill strong mobs.
In mining all abilities remains the same except spending time
Same thing.
It gives miners ability to mine, where they would otherwise not be able to.

For the sake of discussion, I'll try to view it the other way around.

The ability to mine specific ores should be granted only to people with extended gear (weapon+amp+fap+armor).

The ability to hunt specific mobs should be granted only to people with extended mining gear (deep finders, level 12 amps, extractors above 10 efficiency).

If hunters don't want to be forced to mine in order to hunt, then they shouldn't try to force miners to hunt in order to mine. It's only logical.

Same thing.

VTOL gives you ability to open all TP's in one day, reaching all places safely, using VTOL storage you can hold and move more weight.

All above is exploit?

I think that all is a technological progress only.

VTOL gives you ability to open all TP's in one day, reaching all places safely, using VTOL storage you can hold and move more weight.

All above is exploit?

I think that all is a technological progress only.
Again: It's the same for hunters and miners.

As I wrote before, I don't think it should be an exploit for either. I explained that on last page.

I will continue using VTOL because it is comfortably
If MA want ban players, they ban it. They loose a big amount of depo from me and another players.
But if MA do it, they MUST remove VTOL's from EU forever.

If MA want ban players - they find reasons without this meaningless thread :laugh:

Same thing.

You doesn't understand a shit about mining, to be honest.

Maybe hunters should have problems to hunt where miners able to mining?

I don't touch fucking mobs while mining, you know? I don't get loot from them. I don't shoot them. I even wearing plated martial, and when they bite me, I don't give fuck about decay.

In case of even stronger mob - I can always DROWN this fucker in the water, using fucked up Hoverpod MK3, for example. I can even drag away it from claim.

Even if all above isn't doable somehow - I always can find needed resource in MOBLESS areas.

Im not HUNTER, hope you understand that?

--------------

Tho, I am not hunter, somehow I understand - that killing ubermob using VTOL, avoiding FAP (!), avoiding armor decay (!) - i.e. - fuckup BALANCED thing - it's a exploit. Unfair advantage, you know?

Just common sense. So it's not "same things", you know.

Last edited:
I just don't see any big difference between VTol mining and VTol hunting.

If you get loot without getting hit the system pays you more then it's bringing in, and as such gives you an unfair weight on that mobs' pool which is the utter definition of exploiting. If more then 50% of ores could only be found in heavy mob populated areas, then I'd agree. But since there are mobless alternatives for pretty much any resource the vtol does not provide any unfair gain.

If you get loot without getting hit the system pays you more then it's bringing in, and as such gives you an unfair weight on that mobs' pool which is the utter definition of exploiting.

Again, how about Proteron team hunt?
I mean, it's just same situation
He does not have time to run to us.

And yes, it is exploit for player using VTOL to remove aggro and fast flying from mob to safe distance

Last edited:
Again, how about Proteron team hunt?
I mean, it's just same situation
He does not have time to run to us.

More misses? I don't have the formula. This angle just seems to be more logical.
However, since nothing ingame makes sense I could be dead wrong ofcourse. But untill vtols and any other flying vehicle are banned, I'm right. :smoke:

hard to say...

when hunting, the loot is coming from the mob, so that one's obvious

when mining, the loot is from the ground. the mobs being there don't really have anything to do with it in my opinion...

I can see both sides of the story though, where you would be deliberately and repeatedly using VTOL to reset the mob aggro in order to claim loot. Kind of a weak argument there though, since you're not interacting with the mob, they're just around as a nuisance.

Would you question someone using the VTOL mining tactic if there were no mobs around? I don't think so! would you question them doing it in thick spawns if they weren't mining? Nope! But all of a sudden if there's a mob near your claim, now you are supposed to keep your VTOL out of aggro distance or you're exploiting?

I think escaping mobs with a vehicle is an intended purpose of the vehicle (using it to hunt that mob, not escape is not an intended purpose).

I don't mine at all by the way, lvl 3 here! :ahh:

hard to say...

Would you question someone using the VTOL mining tactic if there were no mobs around? I don't think so!

VTOL saves time, gives ability no run (flying is faster), no aggro, you must see tactic in video.
Without mobs or got mobs - does not matter, tactic is the same.

As you see there is not present strong mobs - it simply comfortable.
Where you found exploit here?

thread closed :D
spending more oil then a car looks legit to me

the way poeple are talking here if there no mob around there no dacay they can mine its still the same way when there mob

what i sayin here i dont say its corect but

you can hunt bigger mob in a team of 2 or 3 proton even big one whit no decay in fab or amour

buy the way poeple talk then it should be ok too hunt whit vtol

like i said before if votol dodnt stop the agro poeple would mine in certain place whit out decay

you can tp to warlock and keep tping there naked to kill a warlock 10 just it take forever to kill just like doing it vtol

vtol mining and hunting fall in the same boat

ma made something that they never fix

i bet if anouf poeple complain when some hit big and mining in a spawn were they would never gone on foot or car there going to get ban

last comment

if ma made mining just to mine forget about mobs

they should make it whit you have your mining tools you cant agor mob by the what poeple are saying yopur not doing anything wrong you you could mine all you want no afraid to agro mobs

Crafting in the mob zones? Sounds great!!! :laugh:

This thread should be locked for stupidity.

From Devevelopers notes - there is no personal loot pool.
So any player regardles of profession is contributing to MA revenue by decaying his armor, weapon, tool, crafting resource...
Maybe he will get some back maybe not - there is no personal loot pool.
What we know is that MA keep logs and track of where revenue happened in mode to distribuite part of it it to LA owners, PP, CLD owners and so on.
Miner proffesion was designed in mode that they will have ocasional fight with mobs if they want to mine on areas above their lvl - ie in areas with mobs.
MA designed miner armor for protection and MA intended that miner will use armor, fap and gun and decay that ocasionaly.
To help an miner to survive MA designed miner skills as HP giver skills.
Ma intended that miner will skill up to get HP, defence skills and strenght and to raise amount of weight he can take and still run arround.
Miner skills have MU also because they give HP.
New miner profession skills give even more HP - Treasure sense form Treasure Hunter profession where MU is above 10k.
Miners have ability to call their claim deed and mine it on safe spot.
Player temp baned for using Vtol is professional miner.
He was not baned because MA wanted it but because certain part of comunity cryed so loud that MA had to do something.
Is not that miners play some other game out of EU RCE and they dont have some special personal loot pol.
There is no personal loot pol. Any sort of decay also armor decay is MA revenue.
Players used vheicles from start in many modes unseen from MA and not intended by MA.
For that we had so many changes and fixes for using them in Land Grab, PVP4 and other.
But one thing remain.
For me all players who use vheicles for harasment or use Vtol to loose mob agro and to avoid to create MA revenue on gear decay are all equal in doing so regardles of profession.
They all use vheilcles in a way wich was not intended by MA on start.

It would just amaze me that no one of the extremely-balanced-economy-team on the we-are-going-to-make-vehicles meetings ever pointed out: "shit, now we're going to have miners flying over mob zones" ...

Dan, the times change, i never need armor when I mine, i use TP chip and (now) VTOL. I dont use FAP and weapons. This is not required in miner profession (in 2006-2012), and I dont see any reason to using hunter equipment when mining in present days.

Show me where in MA rules, ToU or EULA it says i must use hunting equipment when i only mine.

Please.

Dan, the times change, i never need armor when I mine, i use TP chip and (now) VTOL. I dont use FAP and weapons. This is not required in miner profession (in 2006-2012), and I dont see any reason to using hunter equipment when mining in present days.

Show me where in MA rules, ToU or EULA it says i must use hunting equipment when i only mine.

Please.

You know for MA rules, ToU or EULA where it says that you must use Vtol when you only mine ?
Yes, please find me that.
In between i posted in similar thread about changes in time, maybe you cud have fun by reading.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?239997-VTOL-hunting-exploit-debate&p=3087564&viewfull=1#post3087564

Dan

You know for MA rules, ToU or EULA where it says that you must use Vtol when you only mine ?
Yes, please find me that.

If not forbidden (you cannot find any restrictions) - it means you can. And note this is not a must, but only can

Andy

For me all players who use vheicles for harasment or use Vtol to loose mob agro and to avoid to create MA revenue on gear decay are all equal in doing so regardles of profession.
They all use vheilcles in a way wich was not intended by MA on start.
so what if you are mining in an area with very few mobs around (few enough to avoid aggro), and a mob spawns on you? Are you saying it's not right to use a vehicle to escape? instead you should be forced to kill the mob or be killed yourself, and possibly take unintended decay in the process? :scratch2:

what if you have no weapon? you're just suppose to let the mob kill you instead of flying away?

I don't think I understand your logic :dunno:

Please.

Thx for note.

If not forbidden (you cannot find any restrictions) - it means you can. And note this is not a must, but only can

Andy

Dan, this is my last reply in topic.
I use Google translate, because please not show me mistakes in my messages.

I spend enough, when I am hunting.
MA gets decay of weapons, armor and FAP, eats 50% (and this is 200-500 PED losses per day) ... and that's OK.
But when I use VTOL's available in the game you start whining that I have no right to escape from a mob when i will only mining.
And I should die, or kill the mob, but VTOL is strongly restricted.

It looks like nonsense ...

Thank you, i leave this thread. :cool:

so what if you are mining in an area with very few mobs around (few enough to avoid aggro), and a mob spawns on you? Are you saying it's not right to use a vehicle to escape? instead you should be forced to kill the mob or be killed yourself, and possibly take unintended decay in the process? :scratch2:

what if you have no weapon? you're just suppose to let the mob kill you instead of flying away?

I don't think I understand your logic :dunno:

No, im not saying that.
Im all against calling normal in game activity as an exploit except if it get badly abused.
You can see my opinion on so called exploits by reading post on link to another thread few posts above in Gewitter answer.

Update
"inspired" by another post I decided to simply ask support just like that person did about another vtol exploit, and this is what they said:
History for support case XXXXXX:

2013-07-18 00:27 You wrote:
Hello Support.

"Vtol/sleipnir mining" where you drop down in the middle of a thick mobspawn and drop your probe then enter your vtol/sleipnir again to loose aggro and then if you find a claim exit/enter between each pull of the excavator, thereby entering a so-called "god-mode", where use of armor or fap becomes completely unnecessary.

Is this method of mining considered an exploit, and therefore proper action will be taken against participants using this exploit?

Or

Is this method of mining NOT considered an exploit, and therefore no action will be taken agains participants using this method of mining?

Exploit or not exploit?

2013-07-18 00:29 You wrote:
armor/fap for your own defense while mining in these areas to be exact.

2013-07-19 20:04 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

This method is considered an exploit, if you are acting this way we recommend you to stop this action, and if you know of avatars abusing this exploit you are welcome to let us know.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Edit: can read this in OP too, as well as the original OP

Last edited:
Update
"inspired" by another post I decided to simply ask support just like that person did about another vtol exploit, and this is what they said:

Edit: can read this in OP too, as well as the original OP

I personally have NEVER used a VTOL in the way which you describe in this support case.
I have never seen anyone do this either.
The smart thing to do would be to run away from the claim, dragging the mob, jump in VTOL and fly back to claim. Or alternatively, jump in a land vehicle, drive away from claim, pulling mob with you, then lose mob off radar and return to claim.

Jumping in and out in-between pulls though, is just silly. And expensive.
Also, in your support case, you state that this puts the avatar in a sort of "god mode". This is not true. The time it takes to pull one lot of stones is ample time for you to take damage from a mob, if anything, jumping in and out between pulls would actually increase cost to pull.

Do you mine? Or are you just making up scenarios in an attempt to make using a VTOL while mining, look like an exploit?
Because the way in which you described, to support, is not the way any "smart" miner would ever go about pulling a claim.

Back