Planet Calypso 2013.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2013-03-13
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

New Content
  • We’re introducing a new underground area known as “Walken’s Laboratory” to the Crystal Palace space station. The lab is sure to offer brave colonists new and exciting challenges with the possibility of great rewards for those who survive. This area and its associated creatures/missions are restricted to those who have completed stage four of the Aurli Iron Challenge.
  • Added a new mission chain and some side missions that are designed to lead new players from Camp Icarus to Nus Lull and Port Atlantis.
  • Added Iron Challenge mission chains for the following creatures: Drone, Harbinger, Legionnaire, Trooper and Warlock. You can find the mission brokers in Cape Corinth, Fort Troy, Zychion, Osere and Ashi.
  • Introducing lots of new items, including some with never-before seen properties.

Art
  • Improved the looks of the following creatures: Aurli, Defender, Faucervix, Neconu and Warrior.

Changes
  • Renamed the Thor family of mutants as well as their maturities.
  • Increased the collision radius for Molisks and Traeskerons.
  • Increased the attack range for Molisks, Tantillions and Traeskerons.
  • Lowered the movement speed of the Traeskeron Matriarch.
  • Increased the movement speed of all regular Traeskerons.
  • Removed the Merry Mayhem teleporters and holiday decorations from Twin Peaks.
  • Increased the maturities of some of the TskTsk spawning in northwestern Amethera.
  • Increased the maximum stack size of Daikiba trophies.
  • Teleportation into and within lootable PVP areas has been disabled.
  • Teleporting within non-lootable PVP areas has been disabled.
  • The radius of the vehicle-restricted zone near oil rigs has been increased to 50m.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that made it impossible to choose handgun skill as the reward for the mission “No One Likes Frogs”.
  • It is now possible to use attachments on the WoF Edition Plasma rifle.
  • Fixed several issues with Traeskeron skin, leather and leather texture items.
  • Removed the Akbal Drone spawn near Port Atlantis.
  • Optimized the lighting on Crystal Palace.
  • It is no longer possible to fly over the vehicle-restricted zones around the oil rigs.
  • Corrected various spelling errors.
  • Fixed an issue causing a terminal to disappear in Camp Caravan.

Known Issues
  • Fort Medusa is missing various buildings including service centers.

We strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches.

Originally Posted Here

ARE U KIDING ME?! PvP zone without radar, tp chips, cars... How to get to hunting spot? How to get a claim if u died in the middle of it?! I think Kim was talking about IMPROVING pvp zones... But now u jsut DESTROY that...

No revival at akumul. Revivaling far far in LA... Sorry but it is BS!!!

AGAIN LOOSEING AMMO BY SHOOTING AIR (in pvp zones)!!!

Last edited:
!

[*]Added Iron Challenge mission chains for the following creatures: Drone, Harbinger, Legionnaire, Trooper and Warlock. You can find the mission brokers in Cape Corinth, Fort Troy, Zychion, Osere and Ashi.
[*]Introducing lots of new items, including some with never-before seen properties.

[*]Increased the collision radius for Molisks and Traeskerons.

Aweeeesome! Drone mission!! :) and new itamz!!!! :yay:

What does collision radius mean tho? :ahh:

I'm glad I stay away from lootable PVP now, but weird in non lootable as well..gonna be hard for miners

Will be impossible to hunt harder mobs in PvP4 now, as well as mining most areas. Great.

I don't like most of the changes.

Revival Terminals gone (I checked already at least 4 different TP's) - is it bug or feature? :scratch2:

Or we just got "permanent death" new feature as well? :)

ARE U KIDING ME?! PvP zone without radar, tp chips, cars... How to get to hunting spot? How to get a claim if u died in the middle of it?! I think Kim was talking about IMPROVING pvp zones... But now u jsut DESTROY that...

:tux::yay:

Hmm...

New mission, sweet!
Fixing trask issues, sweet!

No tp in pvp, Not sweet!
Im glad i hadnt invested fully into armor or id be super pissed.
Guess the sga 7s i have will be pure bot plates now.

2013-03-13
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that made it impossible to choose handgun skill as the reward for the mission “No One Likes Frogs”.
  • It is now possible to use attachments on the WoF Edition Plasma rifle.
  • Fixed several issues with Traeskeron skin, leather and leather texture items.
  • Removed the Akbal Drone spawn near Port Atlantis.
  • Optimized the lighting on Crystal Palace.
  • It is no longer possible to fly over the vehicle-restricted zones around the oil rigs.
  • Corrected various spelling errors.
  • Fixed an issue causing a terminal to disappear in Camp Caravan.

:confused: Were any of this really Bugs that needed Immediate Attention??? :confused:

Disabling tp into and inside lootable pvp areas is NOT an improvement. Who complained about this? How do you hunt muluk hir and mulaak'f? How do you mine? You have done nothing but end the ped cycled in pvp4.

Submitted a bug report for this...

No markers visible on the map for PvP1 and PvP3. Considering PvP3 is a red zone, this could be a huge issue if ppl are not paying attention.

Disabling tp into and inside lootable pvp areas is NOT an improvement. Who complained about this? How do you hunt muluk hir and mulaak'f? How do you mine? You have done nothing but end the ped cycled in pvp4.

End pvp fights too, because u cant get back to place u where killed...

LOL... ma does have a sense of humor.... sometimes I went in pvp3 to mine, but no longer any point since it will take all day to get back to a claim now when you get killed and I bet less hunting of Levi's in pvp3 since the kill stealers can finish off your 1/2 dead mob in peace now.....

New Content
  • Added Iron Challenge mission chains for the following creatures: Drone, Harbinger, Legionnaire, Trooper and Warlock. You can find the mission brokers in Cape Corinth, Fort Troy, Zychion, Osere and Ashi.
  • Introducing lots of new items, including some with never-before seen properties.

:yay::yay::yay: Robot missions :yay::yay::yay: Wait up little robots, here I come :handgun:

Changes
  • Renamed the Thor family of mutants as well as their maturities.

Uhh... did we really need this? Also, why not update their graphics first?

Revival Terminals gone (I checked already at least 4 different TP's) - is it bug or feature? :scratch2:

Or we just got "permanent death" new feature as well? :)
This. Several revive points have gone missing.

The disabling of teleport in lootable pvp areas was a misunderstanding and it will be reverted in the first mini-patch to come.

The disabling of teleport in lootable pvp areas was a misunderstanding and it will be reverted in the first mini-patch to come.

Thx Kim! But mabie radar in pvp4 too?! No radar wont add any more activity there...

There is also a known issue with some missing revive terminals, this will also be fixed in the next patch,

Well Staff from MA developers needs vacation for real! Maybe for the rest of their life?:scratch2:

Kim, i didnt finished to download this patch and ur already saying that next mini patch will correct the bugs?

Do u consider that a good service offered to all players?

Regards!

Last edited:

Can you clarify how it is in non-lootable pvp areas?

a) Designated/named PVP areas (pvp1, pvp2/oil rig area, mount hephastos, orthos oil field)

b) Areas which are PVP enabled by default (for instance corridors between land areas on Amethera)

c) if this change is universal (all planets) or only a calypso change; If this change is universal: if PVP areas on other planets such as No Where Out prison on Rocktropia is affected by this change. I don't Think either of us wants a nasty surprise on other planets.

As for "disabling of teleport in lootable pvp areas was a misunderstanding", does this mean that teleporation in space (lootable pvp area) will be explicitly enabled?

What about teleporting in non lootable PvP? Will it also be enabled again?
As you may know most of Amethera is non lootable PvP and do you really want to disable teleporting on all of that?

What about teleporting in non lootable PvP? Will it also be enabled again?
As you may know most of Amethera is non lootable PvP and do you really want to disable teleporting on all of that?

Teleporting in non-lootable PvP was never disabled in the first place.

AGAIN LOOSEING AMMO BY SHOOTING AIR (in pvp zones)!!!

If you dont like pvp rules, then its not for you, dont go there!! ( Thats what u say sometimes, isnt it? :silly2::silly2::silly2::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup: )

Back