Help keep Entropedia updated

sledgehammer

Elite
Society
BlackAngels HQ
Sledge Hammer
On March 22, 2009, Sledge Hammer arrived in Port Atlantis. As a new player I had LOTS of questions. Some were answered by soc-mates, but the vast majority I found on entropiawiki.com. While it was never quite complete, it was, and still the best place to get technical information about this game, and everything in it. Many times, the information provided on the site was the only place to find some of the more obscure, and important bits about how I should approach my gameplay. What was impressive was how quickly new items and mobs appeared with mostly complete and accurate information.

Since I have returned from my sequester, I have found a vast amount of changes to the game, regarding nearly every aspect of my gameplay. What is disappointing to me is how incomplete entropedia is regarding these new items, statistics, blueprints, and creatures. Entropedia is a wiki. It is updated by us. For each others sake, we should make a new effort to make this site up to date again. It only needs to happen one stat at a time. The site makes it easy for all of us to update. Even if you're not willing to update it yourself, if you find something new, post it here so we can update our wiki. MA tells us nothing. They leave it to us to figure out on our own. Let's make that the easiest job for ourselves as we possibly can and use the tools provided to us.

+rep for very good initiative!

Entropedia has together with friends and soc mates been one of my best source of information too.

It always amazes me how people sell stuff not even bothering to do decay tests and update Entropedia. Many quite common items like L weapons are around for months and still have lots of blanks in info.

We need information regarding Armor Plating Mark.5B Modified. :D

Totally agree as a recent noob i found entropedia to be very incomplete. I hope to help in updating anything i can as i get more acquainted with the game

Please post or give links to screenshots of any rare loots you get from mobs so we can update. A screenie is required to update any rare loots.

I'd particularly like to thank Mathias who has been updating the Arkadian weapons changed in the last VU. :cool:
Every person who helps makes a difference though.

/mod note/ Moved this thread to the Entropedia section, and renamed it. Sledge, if you prefer a different title that you think might encourage more members to post here, let me know.

A screenie is required to update any rare loots.

Not completely true. For NON-(L) items (that can be sold on auction), any time after they're discovered, you can go to the orders portion in the appropriate section, and pull up the info. (Minus the specific decay stats, of course).

I think he's referring to the dialog box that comes up when updating a Rare+ item on Entropedia, asking for the comments to contain a link to a screenshot for verification.

If updating anonymously, or relying on unconfirmed info posted on forum, then yes link to a screenie does remove any doubt that the info is correct.

However, if you're a registered member, and you can confirm the information is true (ie looted by yourself or a reliable friend, seen it on auction, etc) I see no reason why you have to post a screenie. In those situations, I'll just post something like 'looted by xxx', or 'from auction orders' or whatever in the comments instead.

Yes. I am referring to lazy people who are willing to help but not do the update themselves. A screenie would be recommended for a third party update.

Back