Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
EDIT: This ad just popped up on Wookiepedia:
eu_ad_1.jpg

Was watching some gaming videos (non-EU related), these 5 Calypso ads popped up alongside a few other game ads (and some other ads):

calypso_ad_5.jpg

calypso_ad_4.jpg

calypso_ad_3.jpg

calypso_ad_2.jpg

calypso_ad.jpg

Last edited:
No one ever whom I meet know about the game, and when I talk about it their eyes go from

-.- to o_o to O___O

and they seem jolly interested.

But then I mention the "Real cash" part, and all goes out the window pretty fast :\ Sadly can't think of a way to make it better or sugar coat it hehe.

Thos who join me love exploring and thats why they got so seduced so far :)

But then I mention the "Real cash" part, and all goes out the window pretty fast :\ Sadly can't think of a way to make it better or sugar coat it hehe.

What I find interesting (and a bit sad) is that some people would probably not play this game because of the "Real Cash" part, while they'd be fine with pouring as much money into a F2P browser game :scratch2:

Very poor and apologetic for the game.

These are ads that say 'please come and play' please.

I want to see vigour and power and trust.

Very typical MA: I am ashamed of what we do.

They seem to forget we live in 2013

What I find a little strange/disconcerting is that the ads all say "Treasure hunting" with the Caly logo.
I sort of understand what they're trying to do.

But treasure hunting is Arkadia's domain isn't it ?

As far as the ads go - four of the ads seem geared at people who want to make money off of playing, which is a good target demographic, but it couldn't hurt to have more ads that promote the universes' freedom and sandbox-style game-play. The RCE and the play-style are what make Entropia much more different than your regular MMO so that's what they should be selling (Which is what MA is doing as far as I can tell.).

But right now the ads seem to be heavily targeting players who will play for greed, but targeting players who will want to play something to escape the level treadmill and classes of your generic mmo, people who would play Entropia for fun instead of greed, maybe should be prioritized.

Just for the record. How internet "ads" work.

Companies ask to get cookies (your websearch history), then proccess this to make ads relevant for you to click. In this case EU. You search alot of cars. Wow alot of car ads.

So not many people would c these ads, as they change to fit the users most common interest / websearch history :)

As Guarana stated...People that dont play EU or never been on an EU site wont see those ads. They are targeted to you by collecting cookies from you. So its not very efficient, but better than nothing maybe. I think it would be better for MA to create an ava for gaming journalists so they can join the game and experience some of the events that run now, like robot invasions and such and then write about it, but that is more time consuming :)

As Guarana stated...People that dont play EU or never been on an EU site wont see those ads. They are targeted to you by collecting cookies from you. So its not very efficient, but better than nothing maybe. I think it would be better for MA to create an ava for gaming journalists so they can join the game and experience some of the events that run now, like robot invasions and such and then write about it, but that is more time consuming :)

an actual avatar - maybe not... since any reporter can download the client and play freely as is.

However, some list of streams of those that play the game and stream it wouldn't be a bad idea. Also, it wouldn't hurt to put in like a camera at the center of major event zones and cities... this would not be a real avatar - just something like a virtual web cam type of thing that just sits in one spot and can look around, zoom in/out, etc. but not actually interact with the environment... just watch from a single point of view.

There'd be one of these 'webcam' things on every tp and every major event zone on every planet... all of them contstantly streaming to Mindark's site and/or on every planet's main website too... Reporters can log get control of the camera to turn it but what it sees anyone can see. One reporter per camera at each can control the zooming, etc... so multiple reporters could be at these but only one per tp.

Others if they wanted in could just log in with their own avatars. If reporters want a better camera angle than this camera would allow they can get their own avatars in game and start recording.

Maybe there should actually be like 6 per town, one in center above the tp itself, one on every corner of the compass on edge of the city that can see in to the city and out in the surrounding area.

ads relevant for you to click. In this case EU.

People that dont play EU or never been on an EU site wont see those ads. They are targeted to you by collecting cookies from you.

Well doesn't that depend on if its set to show people who have been searching game-related stuff, instead of just Entropia-related?

As I said, they were mixed in with some other game ads... I've never seen these ads on YouTube before (1-2 of them on some MMO site), and just before seeing them I had watched quite a few gaming vids on YT and visited a couple of gaming sites I don't usually visit...

What I find a little strange/disconcerting is that the ads all say "Treasure hunting" with the Caly logo.
I sort of understand what they're trying to do.

But treasure hunting is Arkadia's domain isn't it ?

Treasure Hunting is an Entropia Universe thing. Also, it is up to each planet partner to create and deploy their own Marketing strategies.

Yes I guess u could be right. But I have visited Zalando only once and now i have loads of ads from them on youtube, so it could come from EU website for example. But they probably have keywords like RCE etc as well.

Well doesn't that depend on if its set to show people who have been searching game-related stuff, instead of just Entropia-related?

As I said, they were mixed in with some other game ads... I've never seen these ads on YouTube before (1-2 of them on some MMO site), and just before seeing them I had watched quite a few gaming vids on YT and visited a couple of gaming sites I don't usually visit...

Yes I guess u could be right. But I have visited Zalando only once and now i have loads of ads from them on youtube, so it could come from EU website for example. But they probably have keywords like RCE etc as well.

Its not just that, when you visit certain 'content' you have cookies placed on your machine (which is why there is all this hoohah about confirming that a site has them now!) Sites that present adverts use that information to target its adverts to you. Its almost quite spooky sometimes when you go on a website for the first time, you see the advert bar and it has a load of stuff related to what you were looking at the day before.

Treasure Hunting is an Entropia Universe thing.

Wrong. It is an Arcadia thing. Go ahead and try to treasure mine on another planet and let me know how that works for you. Also that is on a planet calypso ad in the pic not an Entropia Universe ad.

-Bemo-

Wrong. It is an Arcadia thing. Go ahead and try to treasure mine on another planet and let me know how that works for you. Also that is on a planet calypso ad in the pic not an Entropia Universe ad.

-Bemo-

Wrong, it's all treasure hunting... items in loot, special bps? Something out of the ordinary... just because Arkadia have a specific mining attribute called 'treasure hunting' doesn't give that planet sole rights over the title?!

05-11-2012, 13:30

There is only one treasure hunting system and its been finished for over a year, ever since that button appeared in the mining finder. It's on hold because Arkadia has choosen not to implement it. The rest of the planets will be able to introduce it later after Arkadia has had exclusivity for a while.

I saw exactly the same ads on youtube in october 2012.
I never heard of EU at that time.I probably got the ad from youtube because I watched mmo related videos.
I clicked on the ad (not for the come make money aspect, but because i play/test a lot of MMO) and I'm still here.

I saw exactly the same ads on youtube in october 2012.
I never heard of EU at that time.I probably got the ad from youtube because I watched mmo related videos.
I clicked on the ad (not for the come make money aspect, but because i play/test a lot of MMO) and I'm still here.

Good to hear :)

No one ever whom I meet know about the game, and when I talk about it their eyes go from

-.- to o_o to O___O

and they seem jolly interested.

Thos who join me love exploring and thats why they got so seduced so far :)

Just mention that this means they can set their own monthly budget, but if for some reason they don't play for a while, they also don't have any cost (unlike the subscription based games).

It's funny how players in EU are constantly looking for ways to promote the game and bring flesh blood into it, while marketing is the responsibility of MA personal. Makes me wonder what those guys are upto:scratch2:

It's funny how players in EU are constantly looking for ways to promote the game and bring flesh blood into it, while marketing is the responsibility of MA personal. Makes me wonder what those guys are upto:scratch2:

Actually, marketing is the responsibility of the PPs, not MA. Also, we do have some advertising (these ads, other banner ads, Arkadia said they were starting some advertising, etc).

The active playerbase has also increased noticeably in the past few months.

Just saw another ad I haven't seen before, on Wookiepedia this time:
eu_ad_1.jpg

Back