The Mission Matrix - Rebalanced

Chazlow

Alpha
Society
Kaos
Chaz

Almost as confusing as the movie trilogy, this matrix attempts to organise the rebalanced
skill and attribute rewards for the Planet Calypso grinding missions.

Unique Mission Broker NPCs
Missions are accessed via planetary Iron Challenge mission terminals with the exception of the following mobs:
Shoggoth 38137, 20990 Monria
Yog 53248, 61440 Monria
Cultist 38135, 20990 Monria
Traeskeron 50500, 60400 Calypso (has pre-req missions)
Leviathan 19750, 36360 Calypso

Matrix is split into 4 images: Skills-Mob / Reward Stages 1-3 / Reward stages 4-Silver / Attributes Only.
(download and stitch together if you are graphically inclined)

Basic explanation and instructions (draft version).
- Mobs are numbered in row order of lowest to highest HP for the least mature mob.

Skills Matrix:
- Highlights all the skill reward options for that mob in all stages - more colours more reward options.
- Mob names in yellow have incomplete data.

Reward Matrices:
- BG colours correspond to the skills in the skill matrix, same colour - same skill between stages.
- Stages marked as number of kills (K) or points (P) required.
- Any text covering a particular colour is the reward option for that skill.
- The '+' (plus) means the reward is in addition to that preceeding it.
- The ',' (comma) means 'or', that the reward is an option.
- Difference in text colour for attribute rewards (Yellow/Blue) are simply for legibility.

Eg.1: 0.3 over Orange means 0.3 PED of the skill designated as Orange only for that mission set (1 option).
Eg.2: 11.5+20 Stamina over Dark Blue/Blue means 11.5 PED + 20 Stamina tokens for either the Dark Blue or Blue skill (2 options in total).
Eg.3: 20.5+10 Intelligence, 45 over Orange/Green means you can choose either 20.5 PED+10 Intel tokens or 45 PED worth of either the Orange or Green skill (4 options in total)

- Attributes rewarded within a given mission stage are always the same (so far).
- If an attribute reward is given in Bold single letter, its reward is the same for other attribs in that stage.

Attribute Matrix:
- Lists all attribute rewards for each mob stage - corresponds to those listed in the reward matrices.
- 'M' designates a multiple attribute reward.

Last edited:
Reserved for Version Revision info:

Version 2.1:

Added:
-Berycled,
- Kerberos

Updated:
- Gokibusagi
- Drone
- Maffoid
- Hispidus
- Feffox
- Oculus
- Falxangius
- Warlock

Removed:
- Broker cords from chart and listed only unique mission NPCs not accessible from a mission terminal.

Version 2.0:
- All data updated including - Instance mobs and Monria mobs added.
- Mobs highlighted in yellow are incomplete data sets.

Last edited:
excited to see a version this i can read:D

Looks very nice, great work. Any chance of having an interactive version this time round?

Guess not then.

Perhaps proposing how you would like 'The Matrix' to be interactive may have been a better suggestion :)

711 has kindly offered to host the complete static image in its original format on PCF (+Rep).

Additionally, EntropiaPlanets.com Wiki is undergoing a significant restructure and will feature many interactive improvements to host an interactive matrix - stay tuned ;)

Chaz.

This is great! Thank you for putting this together Chazlow.

Very minor criticism - RipperSnapper is 13 characters as is Cornundacauda and Cornoanterion, can it be spelt in full?

:thumbup:

This is great! Thank you for putting this together Chazlow.

Very minor criticism - RipperSnapper is 13 characters as is Cornundacauda and Cornoanterion, can it be spelt in full?

:thumbup:

Keen eyes, Mega. Thx - will amend as part of the next update.

Perhaps proposing how you would like 'The Matrix' to be interactive may have been a better suggestion :)

Instead of releasing as a static image, have the excel file available. Google docs or otherwise.

Additionally, EntropiaPlanets.com Wiki is undergoing a significant restructure and will feature many interactive improvements to host an interactive matrix - stay tuned

Look forward to it.

Instead of releasing as a static image, have the excel file available. Google docs or otherwise.

Look forward to it.

Yes, a Google docs version would be awesome. You might not even have to do too much tweaking if you paste your excel data straight into the Google spreedsheet.

But thank you for the awesome work so far :)

Yes, a Google docs version would be awesome. You might not even have to do too much tweaking if you paste your excel data straight into the Google spreedsheet.

But thank you for the awesome work so far :)

These options were explored and tested in various formats prior to posting the static version (ty Serica for your assistance).

Unfortunately, google docs (Google Drive, Skydrive and even web-based Excel) is incompatible with many desktop spreadsheet functions (vertical text, overlay merged cells etc...), the preview display is limited to landscape A4, conversion to google docs or compatibility to view .xls within google docs is limited as well, and results in a non-functional table.

These web pages spreadsheets support some complex data manipulation functions, but are limited in their capacity to display the data in a complex format - a very critical distinction.

If it were a viable option, it would have been done :)

These options were explored and tested in various formats prior to posting the static version (ty Serica for your assistance).

Unfortunately, google docs (Google Drive, Skydrive and even web-based Excel) is incompatible with many desktop spreadsheet functions (vertical text, overlay merged cells etc...), the preview display is limited to landscape A4, conversion to google docs or compatibility to view .xls within google docs is limited as well, and results in a non-functional table.

These web pages spreadsheets support some complex data manipulation functions, but are limited in their capacity to display the data in a complex format - a very critical distinction.

If it were a viable option, it would have been done :)

Fair enough, it's your document.

There are some missions missing though:

Prancer
Promordial Longu
Ambulimax
Falxangius
Proteron

Also, minimum HP for some mobs has changed,

Rextelum is 1580
Kreltin is 1170
Leviathan is 2650
Allo/esto is 500

Possibly others too.

Artrat said:
Fair enough, it's your document.

Its not about it being my document, its actually not possible to display the table in such a format and determine which reward is which. In this sense the document would simply be a list of rewards - which is already available from MA in the first sticky within the Missions section.

If you have any ideas on how to modify the info, while keeping it compact, I am open to adapting it to a google doc format.

Also, if you would like a copy of the original .xlsx file I am willing to provide an external link via PM :)

Artrat said:
There are some missions missing though:

Prancer
Promordial Longu
Ambulimax
Falxangius
Proteron

Also, minimum HP for some mobs has changed,

Rextelum is 1580
Kreltin is 1170
Leviathan is 2650
Allo/esto is 500

Possibly others too.

Much appreciated (+rep).
Keep them coming and will add it to the list of updates.

Its not about it being my document, its actually not possible to display the table in such a format and determine which reward is which. In this sense the document would simply be a list of rewards - which is already available from MA in the first sticky within the Missions section.

If you have any ideas on how to modify the info, while keeping it compact, I am open to adapting it to a google doc format.

Also, if you would like a copy of the original .xlsx file I am willing to provide an external link via PM :)

Thanks Chaz, if you don't mind sharing the excel file with me I'll have a fiddle around and see what I can do. I can see what you mean about inability to merge cells and no vertical text alignment being problems from a visual perspective. Possibly we could do an interactive google docs version in parallel, I have a couple of ideas for using pivot reports I'd like to try.

I think the functionality most people are interested in is the ability to filter using different criteria.

Is this still up2date?

This looks great and a very useful resource.

Is there anyway you can order the missions, to show someone like me (complete noob- 3 months or so in), the best order to complete the missions? I appreciate this will depend upon the rewards and what you are after, but some missions are clearly out of reach and some are easy (although grindy), so an indication of, do A before B would be very useful!

Many thanks though!

This looks great and a very useful resource.

Is there anyway you can order the missions, to show someone like me (complete noob- 3 months or so in), the best order to complete the missions? I appreciate this will depend upon the rewards and what you are after, but some missions are clearly out of reach and some are easy (although grindy), so an indication of, do A before B would be very useful!

Many thanks though!

how would you determine which mission to do first? The missions are already ordered by mob hp, so it is already do A before B.

Update coming as soon as I get a min away from IRL responsibilities - plenty to add.

Chaz

Version 2.0

Version 2.0 is out with a hefty update.

Post freely to provide any missing data.

I understand this now for the first time.. :)

Tried to look at the charts one by one first...

Will try to figure out what quests to do in what order now ;)

The following is a list of missing data from the master charts:

Monria
Shoggoth - requirements/rewards, stage 3 onward
Yog - requirements/rewards, stage 3 onward
Cultist - requirements/rewards, stage 3 onward

Calypso
Traeskeron - Broker coords
Gokibusagi - requirements/rewards, stage 2 onward
Drone - requirements/rewards, stage 5
Trooper - requirements/rewards, stage 2 onward
Mind Reaver - Broker coords
Maffoid - requirements/rewards, stage 3 onward
Hispidus - requirements/rewards, stage 2 onward
Marcimex - Broker coords
Legionnaire - requirements/rewards, stage 1 and 2
Oculus - requirements/rewards, stage 2 onward
Feffox - requirements/rewards, stage 2 onward
Falxangius - requirements/rewards, stage 4 onward
Warlock - min HP/broker coords/requirements/rewards, stage 2 onward

Foma
Cornantereon - Broker coords
Daspletor - Broker coords

Crystal Palace
Kreltin - Broker coords
Aurli - Broker coords

Any and all contributions are appreciated.
I'll release an update once the majority of this has been addressed.

Chaz.

The Mission Matrix - Re-organised.

The current charts will be updated shortly to reflect any new data gathered and general mission changes.

For those looking for a more legible format - a reorganised second set of charts will also be available to better reflect the direction of newly implemented missions.

I could just be blind and my eyes going crossed from looking at the matrix, but I don't see the Bercycled iron mission, Kerberos iron missions? Again sorry if it's been addressed and I'm blind.

I could just be blind and my eyes going crossed from looking at the matrix, but I don't see the Bercycled iron mission, Kerberos iron missions? Again sorry if it's been addressed and I'm blind.

No you're not blind :cool:

Berycled Iron was added on 12 Sep 2014 (I think)
Kerberos Iron was added on 15 Oct 2014

I'll mention it to Chaz next time I see him, (if he doesn't spot this thread first) about the newest missions and whether he is still updating this thread.

Currently working out a modified approach to the charts to accommodate all updates.

Stay tuned.

Matrix Updated to V2.1

The Matrix has been updated to version 2.1 in the current format.

Added:
- Berycled
- Kerberos

Updated:
- Gokibusagi
- Drone
- Maffoid
- Hispidus
- Oculus
- Warlock

Removed:
- Broker cords

Removed:
- Broker cords

Good work Chazlow!

(Not all missions are available from Mission Terminals - Leviathan & Traeskeron for example)

Good work Chazlow!

(Not all missions are available from Mission Terminals - Leviathan & Traeskeron for example)

True, it was done in order to reduce pixel count.
I'll add the info as text within first post as very few have independent mission NPCs.

Back