Info: Radar Exploiting In Contiminated Zone (Radar In No Radar Zones)

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
There is a bug with radar in pvp3/pvp4, so people can turn it on! Miners, hunters, be cerfull, some PK players can see u on radar from 400m, but u can not see them (if u dont use bug too). I know few players was reporting that to MA, but like usualy, got only standart "copy/paste" answer!

MA, PLEASE TURN RADAR BACK ON!

P.S. Funny to see players who are using exploits asking MA to keep radar off and even to turn other ways u can track player...

Have fun in pvp4!

Last edited:
That's pretty lame. I don't do PVP4 but it sucks to hear this is probably happening at the rig as well.

Post details on the exploit and when everyone start using it, MA finally will notice :)
Remember what happened with side-jumping on prots.

I never understood how people figure out these sort of exploits. Does it just happen accidentally at first?

I never understood how people figure out these sort of exploits. Does it just happen accidentally at first?

Probably someone with some knowledge of GUI and how they work.
No idea how EUs radar is disabled but I guess it's just a graphics layer
above ordinary radar, and if you find a way to disable that layer, you'll
see the radar.

I noticed then when you tp'ing out of pvp, in the last second there is no radar jamming and you can see all the red and green dots. Probably it's possible to trigger it somehow without actual jumping.

I suggest naming the societies who have members using this exploit so that they can put a leash on their members.

Menace

I thaught something is wrong... I was sure some ppl who killed me couldnt see me hidden behind the natural cover I used, yet they somehow "sensed my presence"...

Also, its a bit strange, when someone is 50m deep in PVP and cant see you on radar, while you standing on the border of PVP outside, and see on radar what is happening inside. But this is happening, because the way MA implemented radar jamming. I think - as someone mentioned be4 - that the jamming is just another layer over the normaly functioning radar.

Right implementation IMO would be, that the radar GD of a avatar who crossed the border inside the PVP, should turn into the same colour, as the background of the radar... thus dissapear. Even from the radar of a avatars outside the PVP.

anyway, no PVP4 for me since this is solved, I dont wanna compete against ppl with radars.

I suggest naming the societies who have members using this exploit so that they can put a leash on their members.

Menace

I could tell, since most of the online time i spend in pvp4. However i dont think it will solve anything..

Here is a clue of society name which use it:

2 words:

1st: the color opposite to white.
2nd: it's a supernatural beings or spirits, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies

It makes it more fun tho. Anyways, everyone gonna understand.

Have fun solving! :beerchug:

Post details on the exploit and when everyone start using it, MA finally will notice :)
Remember what happened with side-jumping on prots.

What happend with side-jumpin on prots? Did they ban players? :O

It's pretty obvious that who used this bug before in pvp3 when it was the only contaminated zone. Since nobody wanna share how it is done I will in hopes that ma will fix.

1) go to radar disabled zone
2) logout
3) login and go to avatar creation screen
4) leave avatar creation screen
5) voila no blocked radar

I don't personally know of anyone in my soc who uses this but accusing someone of doing it when your own friends used it while streaming is pretty low.

Anyway. Knowledge is power. Now everyone who didn't know, knows. Happy cheating until MA reads this post to fix

Can u tell us more about players that us it? Because, if i understood right, u told u know who did use that.

It's pretty obvious that who used this bug before in pvp3 when it was the only contaminated zone

accusing someone of doing it when your own friends used it while streaming is pretty low

P.S. Please everyone write support cases so MA fix that bug..

Probably someone with some knowledge of GUI and how they work.
No idea how EUs radar is disabled but I guess it's just a graphics layer
above ordinary radar, and if you find a way to disable that layer, you'll
see the radar.

it should just disable the radar completely rather than hide it. They've already got the fact that the player is in pvp so why goto all the hassle of creating another layer, just switch between the two :scratch2:

i.e.

if (PlayerinPVP)
{ drawradar }
else
{ drawnoise }

tacking on code the way MA often does ends up with more bugs and exploits.

it should just disable the radar completely rather than hide it. They've already got the fact that the player is in pvp so why goto all the hassle of creating another layer, just switch between the two :scratch2:

i.e.

tacking on code the way MA often does ends up with more bugs and exploits.

It's always simple compare IF..THEN;CASE, or WTF else statement with 10-year codebase, started from single planet and became multi-planet, also meanwhile changing GFX-engine.

Code probably was never refactored, and due to "modern" nature of "agile" development, when "users" screaming of lacking of everything else - will never be.

New planets seems like "forks" from some base one, prolly "vanilla" Collapso, or something else. Was a moment, when Cyrene appeard - mining deeds has contained CR/LF in coordinates, meanwhile all other planets deeds - staying as before.

LBML was unable to scan Cyrene's deeds, but not many people was give a F, since at that moment Cyrene was lyst-oil paradise.

Then suddenly™ after patch -whole all mining deeds was "overwritten" by format of Cyrene's - with that CR/LF - format what seen right now.

And you saying about IF..THEN?

They made prots faster a week after the method was revealed on the forum, so nobody can outrun, outjump or whatever them anymore :)

There wasn't any change made to Proteron speed (check page 3 of the linked thread), and outrunning them was never considered an exploit except by a few Proteron hunters that didn't like people using that method of hunting them.

(Sorry for the slightly off topic post)

There wasn't any change made to Proteron speed (check page 3 of the linked thread), and outrunning them was never considered an exploit except by a few Proteron hunters that didn't like people using that method of hunting them.

(Sorry for the slightly off topic post)

Wondered why I still could bunnyjump :D

There is a bug with radar in pvp3/pvp4, so people can turn it on! Miners, hunters, be cerfull, some PK players can see u on radar from 400m, but u can not see them (if u dont use bug too). I know few players was reporting that to MA, but like usualy, got only standart "copy/paste" answer!

P.S. Funny to see players who are using exploits asking MA to keep radar off and even to turn other ways u can track player...

Have fun in pvp4!

How do you know about this exploit???

How do you know about this exploit???

*cough* Probably he was PK'ed - and this is possible only with exploits. *cough*

I could tell, since most of the online time i spend in pvp4. However i dont think it will solve anything..

Here is a clue of society name which use it:

2 words:

1st: the color opposite to white.
2nd: it's a supernatural beings or spirits, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies

It makes it more fun tho. Anyways, everyone gonna understand.

Have fun solving! :beerchug:

What a surprise.....

Menace

What a surprise.....

Trolled.

I take your own quote "what a surprise"

Don't you have anything better to do? You act like you know everyone in BA but personally I've never had any interaction with you and I'll bet a lot of other players in my soc could say the same. Now I don't judge you because you're in obsidian, so what gives man?

Trolled.

I take your own quote "what a surprise"

Don't you have anything better to do? You act like you know everyone in BA but personally I've never had any interaction with you and I'll bet a lot of other players in my soc could say the same. Now I don't judge you because you're in obsidian, so what gives man?

Off topic as you're just trying to give me a hard time. Mods how long must this go on for? How long do I have to put up with BA persecuting me due to my opinions before proper disciplinary actions are taken? How long do I have to put up with this group of forum members abusing your rep system?

On topic.

Hopefully Calypso's PvP areas are fixed soon.

Menace

Some people don't spend their time playing.

They spend their time finding bugs for monetary gain such as fort exploits

Sabotage and ruin other peoples gameplay by unfair advantages and such..

Now they have another cheap way to ruin pvp.

If a forum mod answers can you also tell us how long BAHQ members must endure the constant abuse from menace in every single thread BA seem to either post in or start?

On topic, I hope that those who are found to be using these bugs will have their accounts disabled by MA for breach of the EULA.

Off topic as you're just trying to give me a hard time. Mods how long must this go on for? How long do I have to put up with BA persecuting me due to my opinions before proper disciplinary actions are taken? How long do I have to put up with this group of forum members abusing your rep system?

On topic.

Hopefully Calypso's PvP areas are fixed soon.

Menace

On topic, I hope that those who are found to be using these bugs will have their accounts disabled by MA for breach of the EULA.

Even if you end up losing a handful of your team-mates?

<removed>

Menace

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people don't spend their time playing.

They spend their time finding bugs for monetary gain such as fort exploits

Sabotage and ruin other peoples gameplay by unfair advantages and such..

Now they have another cheap way to ruin pvp.

You say "they" as if you are construing that only the people who fight against you are using such cheats. However, allow me to retort my friend.... Your so called allies are some of the most heinous abusers of these "bugs and exploits" and it's no secret. Especially the fort system bug before it was fixed.

Anyway, I'm not sure who you're accusing but I can guess who you're implying about, though I doubt you have much to substantiate these claims. All I'm saying is that you should be careful when you cast stones because chances are you wouldn't have to throw them very far.

On a side note, thanks for the +rep those who gave it. I'm not really looking for rep and I certainly have not dished out any neg rep in this thread. I don't believe in these flame wars that apparently go on in the reputation system.

I just wish mind ark would fix the fubar system bugs they have created rather than just apparently focusing on useless menutia.

Mods,

As this appears to be a personal attack on the society BAHQ please delete posts made my Menace in accordance with pcf rules.

I believe it is contradictory that menace post in threads requesting their lock for breach of forum rules (discussing universe wide systems) only to go ahead and post personal attacks on members in BAHQ by causing them of cheating without proof on the very next post.

Thanks.

Even if you end up losing a handful of your team-mates?

<removed>

Menace

--mod's note--

How many of your non-anti-BAHQ posts have they attacked? How many of them have you reported recently? Answer: None that I'm aware of.

Yet many times, we find you sticking your nose into threads ONLY to harass BAHQ.

Here's a hint: Don't like them (or any other group)? Ignore them.
--/mod's note--

Thanks JC.

Back on topic.

I for one am quite happy with the changes that have been made to PvP (PvP 4 in particular) and believe that having the zone as radar disabled and not allowing teleportation and vehicles has been the best move that the calypso team could have made (exploit not withstanding)

I believe that the changes once this exploit has been fixed will result in miners being able to continue to acquire items such as pyrite for damage enhances whilst giving PvPers a chance to actually loot people without the old workaround of using vehicles and returning to storage.

I for one would like to thank the clay team for the chance and as soon as I get my fill of fun in arkadia instances will be back down and spending a long time roaming around PvP4.

Back