Question: Will this run EU smoothly?

I'd say yes. If you are not playing on high/very high.

But are you sure you want a 15.6" with 1366 x 768 res? It's like the new touchpads with only 8" display :p I think you want 1920x1080 for a 15.6".

Graphics NVIDIA� GeForce� GT 620M, 1 GB (DDR3 VRAM) 128 bit, resolution external display 1920 x 1200 pixel

Ouch, you are totally right. My bad :)

Yeah, it will do good as MiniM said.

No, not on mid settings. It will run just fine on low or safe mode. I know because that processor is almost the same I've got on my laptop.

http://ark.intel.com/products/70927/Intel-Core-i3-2328M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_20-GHz

Intel HD3000 is an integrated GPU, expect 20-40 fps at best on low or safe mode.

Cryengine 2 is (unlike Cryengine 3) almost completely gpu dependent. core-i3, i5, i7 doesnt matter much in fps.
It's the graphics card that makes the difference. Geforce 620m with 1gb should be able to do things in medium.
The big but is that it's going to heat up, a lot.
I have an older laptop with core2duo and geforce 8600 gs gfx. I can play it in 1440*900 with avatar and textures at low and the rest on medium settings. I do avoid going to twin peaks or camp icarus though.

definitively not, unles u want play low settings / low resolution.

Geez, laptops aren't for gaming anyway o_0, they are not even ergonomic !

thx ppl
well, this laptop cant be for hardcore gaming, But if it will just enable me to log in from time to time, thats ok

I sure do not want 15.6" with 1366 x 768 res, but there is a NVIDIA� GeForce� GT 620M, 1 GB (DDR3 VRAM) 128 bit, resolution external display 1920 x 1200 pixel that might help there. or not? What will be the max resolution with this card on the screen? 1920 x 1200 right?

definitively not, unles u want play low settings / low resolution.

What he said :)

had it been a Desktop it'd perform a bit better though.

It neither tells anything about the hdd, and assuming its a standard 5400 I would invest in a replacement SSD for it :p

If you want to play most games at 50-60 FPS on a laptop you need to go up quite a bit, if you're planning to play something at low (MAYBE) mid resolutions and quality to get it smooth then you can look more towards the middle, in any regards I would recommmend looking for something with at least i5 XXXXX and at least a 630m or higher with 2gb gpu. Just so you are not locked to the past in the fullest :)

thx ppl
well, this laptop cant be for hardcore gaming, But if it will just enable me to log in from time to time, thats ok

I sure do not want 15.6" with 1366 x 768 res, but there is a NVIDIA� GeForce� GT 620M, 1 GB (DDR3 VRAM) 128 bit, resolution external display 1920 x 1200 pixel that might help there. or not? What will be the max resolution with this card on the screen? 1920 x 1200 right?

Just if you are going to be using an external monitor for it. The resolution on the screen is way to low IMO. Have you checked the Asus G53 laptops? They are more built for gaming with better cooling solutions and have enough power to run EU.

I had a 210M one and it ran just fine on mid settings on a 17.3" widescreen.
So you might even be able to go up to high settings running smoothly.

Go for it :eek:

yes, I guess that's correct

It will run EU on med/high, but not very high with 60 fps, might not even get 60 on medium..my comp can't run EU at very high at 60 fps lol

I've got:
i5 2500k @4.5ghz
GTX 660
16 gb RAM

So EU is pretty poorly coded, but the lappy will run EU

Freddie

Cool, a recent thread so i don't have to create a new one.
So, based on what has been said, can i assume that i should be able to play on medium with this config
https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX32VD/#specifications (with the GT620M gpu)
, and maybe on high with this one https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G46VW/#specifications ?

I finally will have free time and will to play, i just need a computer now :p

Yay it will be neat to have you around more again :D

I know, i'll just see if by any chance my new job gives me a laptop today, but else i think i'll order one this week. Maybe even the 17' version of the gaming laptop which is a bit more powerfull, since i need a proper keyboard when i want do do programming.
Oh and by the way, Kylie is 8 years orld today :-D

Last edited:
bought the one
running on medium, but not smoothly
will remove some shadings and etc to run "smoothly"

Back