Question about the mindforce implant

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I looted a 30 mindforce implant and I currently have a 20 implanted. The thing that threw me is the TT of the 30 is 65 ped and the 20 is 82 ped. Is not the 30 better than the 20 in that it will handle all of what the 20 does plus additional mind force items.

I just a bit confused as to why a better chip would cost less.
TIA,

All current unlimited implants have the same eco... The number in the name is equal to the highest level chip you can use with it, so yeah the NP30 is better than the NP20 despite having lower TT :)

The TT was probably partially since implant decay used to be higher, so back then a higher TT implant would be useful for longer hunts... Now you can use an implant for ages without repairing tho, so having a low TT value ain't really a problem :)

EDIT: There are also some (L) implants now with 10% or 20% decay absorb instead of the 2% that unlimited chips have. This means those (L) implants will give higher eco when using (L) chips with higher markup than the implant.

It will also make chips last longer, since a larger part of the TT decay cost per use is transferred to the implant instead of the chip.

EDIT: There are also some (L) implants now with 10% or 20% decay absorb instead of the 2% that unlimited chips have. This means those (L) implants will give higher eco when using (L) chips with higher markup than the implant.

Hmm wait... you mean those 2% are subtracted from the chip decay? I always thought it's an additional 2% cost on top of the normal decay of the chip.

Hmm wait... you mean those 2% are subtracted from the chip decay? I always thought it's an additional 2% cost on top of the normal decay of the chip.

Nope, the Implant Deterioration % is subtracted. If you hover your mouse over the stat in Item Info, it says "The Implant will absorb this much of the deterioration of the used Chip."

This ofc means the TT decay is the same no matter which chip is used, but the markup cost per use can become lower :)

Nope, the Implant Deterioration % is subtracted. If you hover your mouse over the stat in Item Info, it says "The Implant will absorb this much of the deterioration of the used Chip."

This ofc means the TT decay is the same no matter which chip is used, but the markup cost per use can become lower :)

Great info, never stop learning :) And I wondered who in their mind would use those new 20% decay implants.

dang, "must spread blahblah.."

So if I understand correctly these 20% limited implants could be used to prolong the life of a rare (L) chip if they drop more often then said chip?

So if I understand correctly these 20% limited implants could be used to prolong the life of a rare (L) chip if they drop more often then said chip?

Pretty much, yes. Higher x% means the implant decay will be higher while the chip decay is lower.

Mindforce in this game is all, but not simple :). Good we have Nighthawk among Us :)

A question:
I saw some Arsonistic chips VII that need lvl 70 Pyro. What implant do they need? Isn't 55 implant the biggest and doesn't it support chips with requirements only up to lvl 55?

A question:
I saw some Arsonistic chips VII that need lvl 70 Pyro. What implant do they need? Isn't 55 implant the biggest and doesn't it support chips with requirements only up to lvl 55?

Correct there is no implant to support it (yet), thats why I smiled when I see them in auction at 500% when they first dropped.

The issue is hit profession. Even if you find people with 70 Pryo Damage, they are unlikely to have the required "hit" profession in pryo to run the chip.

I'm only in the high level 60's myself for Pyro prof.

Rick

Back