Increasing UL item tiering speed / lowering UL item tiering cost

lest see when i get my teir 5 discovery.... this month .. in summer or afther next 2 years

And this is still more reliant than a Windows progress bar :D

I understand dev's can be busy, i trully hope they are because they are paid for it, but please dont promise a kid something you will never give him in time

Would be nice.. my gun is tiering stupidly slow for the tier it is in. Makes me think that either there really IS a bug with weapon tiering or they've unexpectedly put a diminishing-style curve on each tier. So a 100 on tier 7 is not the same as a 100 on tier 1. I am not sure it is reasonable to expect 200k-500k to go up 0.1 tier.

Would be nice.. my gun is tiering stupidly slow for the tier it is in. Makes me think that either there really IS a bug with weapon tiering or they've unexpectedly put a diminishing-style curve on each tier. So a 100 on tier 7 is not the same as a 100 on tier 1. I am not sure it is reasonable to expect 200k-500k to go up 0.1 tier.

hmm yeah mate, this isnt secret that 100 at tier 7 isnt as shiny as a 100 on t1 or 2, higher tiers are meant to be harder for sure BUT the edge is just unrealisticly slow

I upgraded to assassin r150, in the last 2 weeks its gone from 7.3 to 7.7.

I got my R150 with tier 6.8 about 10 months ago.
Must have cycled 100k to 150k ped or more with it by now (not as active as i used to be) and it's still at tier 6.8 :eek:

I really wish it was speed up a little or at least made more consistent so we know what to expect.
Would be even better if we got some sort of indicator telling how much more decay to spend before it moves up.

Herman LAW-50 Smuggler was stuck at 6.1 for 9 months...

that's too long for 0.1 tier point the way it's been used!

BS! :bs:

Tier is completely random, After getting Mod Merc to tier 8 it was stuck there for 7 months and over 700k ped cycled through it. It has very high tier rates. Since Halloween Mayhem it has now tiered to 8.5, in approximately 6-7 weeks. It may be stuck at that for another 6 months now. The higher an item gets in tiers the longer it takes to click up (as it should). I can't imagine having to pay the costs to tier everything all the time, I would run out of peds to pew pew with!

Cheers,
Salty

This is weird. Same weapon with less tier rates moved faster while the high tier one don't tier as fast it should be being used so much. Makes no sense sometimes with this tiering system.

It challenging and maybe thats good for tiers to get slow up, but being "random" is what makes most people confused. How about some more info or some sort of additional indication of how this works at higher tiers?

do not worry, it will be made faster quite soon. I made some statistics based on previous promises given out by MA that were actually implemented and the average time any of those gets done is about 4 years. so this one should be done in less than 3 now. :wise:

// should make a wall of shame of the longest delivery ...

J.

Tiering is still stupidly slow for anything thing that has a TIR less than 90 and especially if it is an old school Calypso item.

Narfi thats weird :D

My 0x0 jumped from 7.1 to 7.5 during this mayhem and untill now. Was stuck at 7.1 for months...
Seems the new stuck point will be 7.5 :D

Lets hope not :p

I was going to ask if anyone had done any studies on TIR since the change?

Mine is still not tiering, finishing up the 10K kreltin mission, got 0.1 tier of out it...so still as shit as before, no change, pretty much as expected though:)

I like it how it is...

Taking me ages to get the tiers up but I get rewarded for the hard work I put in to them.

A change now, would make that hard work, pointless.

It would be better if the game stopped throwing UL items out in loot on daily basis really. And focus turned to limited :)

I like it how it is...

Taking me ages to get the tiers up but I get rewarded for the hard work I put in to them.

A change now, would make that hard work, pointless.

It would be better if the game stopped throwing UL items out in loot on daily basis really. And focus turned to limited :)
So, surely you would agree that mining finders tier too quickly, no? At least for the first few tiers - I have never used a UL finder above 5.0, but when I grab a tier 0.0 UL finder, most of the time it's at 0.9 before I'm done with my quick 100 drop runs. I mean, it should be at least 500 drops to get 0.9. That isn't the same as the change above, but it would be a change nonetheless. Tiering just needs a re-balancing all the way around.

Well, high level tiers slow, low fast. Could be evend out a bit. Sure.

But reaching level 10 for any UL item should take long time imo.

my gun has gone from 6.0 to 6.7 in 20 months...

I try hard to move those tiers... it's not balanced I say! :wise:

(I've made support case, they assure me it's working as intended)

A little update!

My 0x0 went from tier 9.2 to 9.7 during the mayhem!!! And today ticked to 9.8 :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
Dunno whats going on but this is for sure a boost! Now lets hope not it will stuck there for a 1 year ...

Tier rate is 111

Tiers make items more valuable. Or at least they should.

The economy is hosed regarding them. People actually pay less for highly tiered items in some instances. Backward.

Keep tier rate where it is.

A little update!

My 0x0 went from tier 9.2 to 9.7 during the mayhem!!! And today ticked to 9.8 :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

yeah, my LAW-50 Smuggler finally started moving again!

from start of mayhem until now, went from 6.7 - 7.7! wooo making up for some lost time! :wtg:

My unL Emik L4 pistol and Arsonistic III TEN chip have been stuck for months, despite tons of activity. I PM'd MA and they just said it can be slow. Ugh.....

Speed it up, MA!

My unL Emik L4 pistol and Arsonistic III TEN chip have been stuck for months, despite tons of activity. I PM'd MA and they just said it can be slow. Ugh.....

Speed it up, MA!

What tier is it stuck at? Slow guns is a must to have high tier rates on.
I had 2 mining tools that went to tier 10 very easy. MD-40 and MD-50. Compare that to guns or drillers, that would be impossible with this amount of time.

My arso also stuck at 8.4 but got around ~100 tiers on it, so fair, but not best.

I had 2 mining tools that went to tier 10 very easy. MD-40 and MD-50. Compare that to guns or drillers, that would be impossible with this amount of time.

My arso also stuck at 8.4 but got around ~100 tiers on it, so fair, but not best.

Thx for the response Rock. My L4 has been stuck at 9.0 for months without moving. It's the same story with my Arsonistic III TEN chip at tier 6.3. Neither has moved a .1 for me, since I got them about three months ago. While I am not on 24 hrs a day, when I am on, I cycle a lot of ammo and ME.

i got a tick on my knife last night @ tier 7.x first i had in a while, but i havent been grinding hard hours either.

Thx for the response Rock. My L4 has been stuck at 9.0 for months without moving. It's the same story with my Arsonistic III TEN chip at tier 6.3. Neither has moved a .1 for me, since I got them about three months ago. While I am not on 24 hrs a day, when I am on, I cycle a lot of ammo and ME.

My plasma rifle has been (is) stuck at 5.1 since a long time (it fees like). On the other hand tier value isn't that great (around 70 I think).

I have a relatively fast weapon Ranked Scorpion at 67 attacks, remaining tiers > 100, the last tick to 8.4 was beginning of May 2015. I have cycled a minimum of 1k ped a day since then. I keep it stacked with enhancers and scope and lasers thinking that the extra decay might help somehow. I really thought I would be at least tier 9 by now, but I keep grind away, patiently waiting for the next .1 tick... :handgun:

I have a relatively fast weapon Ranked Scorpion at 67 attacks, remaining tiers > 100, the last tick to 8.4 was beginning of May 2015. I have cycled a minimum of 1k ped a day since then. I keep it stacked with enhancers and scope and lasers thinking that the extra decay might help somehow. I really thought I would be at least tier 9 by now, but I keep grind away, patiently waiting for the next .1 tick... :handgun:

Finally, after all this time, and several MM Solo 3's I got a tick to 8.5 yesterday. I was really excited about T8 thinking 169 was a really good tier number, but now I wonder if tier numbers have anything to do with it at all. I have other items that have tier numbers much lower than 100 that seem to go faster. It seems... random. GL everyone :)

Back