Increasing UL item tiering speed / lowering UL item tiering cost

siremi

Old Alpha
Emi Odyssey Sir
"Veteran Appreciation
As another show of thanks, MindArk will focus lots of development time on improving the Entropia Universe experience for current participants and Entropia veterans. Many of the most common requests and wishlist items received from our participants via support cases and community forums will be addressed in the first two version updates of the new year. Issues that will be prioritized include:

Fixing bugs
Reducing cost to play / increasing average TT returns
Lowering the volatility of returns for many activities
Increasing UL item tiering speed / lowering UL item tiering cost
Removing the UL armor equipping fee
Lowering the minimum usable condition of many items
"

End quote from http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

When is it coming? My UL items are slower then ever to tier, even with 150+ tier rate.

Imagine stuck at tier 5.3 for 15 months with 163 tier rate while using the item every day! Ridiculous...

Please let us know.

Thank you.

As far as I can tell, they've only addressed the last two items on the list of things to address "in the first two version updates of the new year."

As far as I can tell, they've only addressed the last two items on the list of things to address "in the first two version updates of the new year."

That is obvious... My question is when are we expecting the above? Is it still coming this year, the next or never?

That is obvious... My question is when are we expecting the above? Is it still coming this year, the next or never?

my question,
how when will you stop cheating?, how many accaunts you run? do i call you emi /caty/gisselle/romanov?

Well, I'm sitting on several items that are ready for a pricey tiering click... and will be doing so until the announced reduction is in effect. So MA looses tiering revenue, plus gets less decay as I cant extra enhance my toys.

The mistake to announce but not implement is a nice example of violating the classic economic rule to implement radical changes overnight.

/Slupor

The mistake to announce but not implement is a nice example of violating the classic economic rule to implement radical changes overnight.

No, mistake is not to deliver on time. Another very common mistake to Mindark is that they talk about something which ain't ready.

When is it coming? My UL items are slower then ever to tier, even with 150+ tier rate.

Imagine stuck at tier 5.3 for 15 months with 163 tier rate while using the item every day! Ridiculous...

Please let us know.

Thank you.

Same boat as you, my gun has been on 5.7 for over a year, but it did go up last weekend, shooting the bots to 5.8, also a high tier rate on it, 170 odd I believe.
So seems they have done that, even if it's slight.

bump this, I have stuff waiting to tier ... I guess ingredient stuff will skyrocket in price as many are waiting :/

I have a thread going in Entropia forum AskMindArk this vey question. My ML-35, my Adj V1 my old DOA SH all stalled for over 12 months. Even UL Eon stalled. Bjorn|MindArk had said it isn't a bug, but its either a bug or deliberate when they got worried about all these dps weapons reaching Tier 10 and upsetting the balance :)

Thus we wait with our stalled UL weapons! Which isn't a bug LOL??

After the Mindforce tiering update my First Gen VII went to tier I in one day with a number in the 50's , then to tier II in another day with a number in the hundreds.

Then a supplemental update to fix some bugs was installed and suddenly I am stalled with a number in the hundreds after days of use and thousands of peds cycled.

Maybe they are tinkering with the numbers and movement and will have it refined shortly.

Bones

I've had the same experience (not quite as many months however.) I have noticed it move again but it suggests to me that they're tweaking parameters and then backing out. My FireForge chinked twice in one hunt and hasn't moved again since, my IM2870 has seen a couple of increases and has since again stopped.

/Bump this up! Come on MA! You can do it!

Same boat as you, my gun has been on 5.7 for over a year, but it did go up last weekend, shooting the bots to 5.8, also a high tier rate on it, 170 odd I believe.
So seems they have done that, even if it's slight.

An update to my own post.

Last Sunday, it went from 5.7 to 5.8, and then had a week off to do other things, log back on today, and 1st hunt, goes from 5.8 to 5.9.
Seems something's been changed.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?240980-Modified-Isis-LR53-tier-6
For the pic.

An update to my own post.

Last Sunday, it went from 5.7 to 5.8, and then had a week off to do other things, log back on today, and 1st hunt, goes from 5.8 to 5.9.
Seems something's been changed.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?240980-Modified-Isis-LR53-tier-6
For the pic.

Gratz! Anyone else having the same luck?

I hope they say something about the lower tier costs, people have been saving the items on x.9 tiers for months now hoping to get a better deal... some items are just too expensive to tier...

I hope they say something about the lower tier costs, people have been saving the items on x.9 tiers for months now hoping to get a better deal... some items are just too expensive to tier...

i had a item stuck at tier 2.0 for quite a long time that has started moving again, or it was for the past 2-3 weeks, now its not doing much again, but who knows, random etc..

i had a item stuck at tier 2.0 for quite a long time that has started moving again, or it was for the past 2-3 weeks, now its not doing much again, but who knows, random etc..
]
Watch the interest rates on currency!

I went from 1.4 to 1.9 on maybe 6 hours hunting between 16 and 18 march, I was :eyecrazy:

then there was a new VU and its all dead now :laugh: (or maybe the TIR to 3 are really slower?)

my pod is stuck at 6.8 since about 100000 peds decay :D

REDUCING Tiering costs should also be looked into.

A suggestion would be: As each tier increases the effectiveness of the item by a flat 10%, then perhaps the tier up cost should ONLY be 10% of max-TT value (per tier) of any item in question.

eg. If max TT of Gun_X is 100 Peds. Then tier cost per level could be 10% = 10 peds TT Value per tier. Which brings that weapon to 200% effectiveness after 10x tiers or 200% of the actual TT-max value.

This brings into the equation a workable and affordable tiering up system - which auto-reflects any level item (regardless of MU) - and also brings into actual play the Tiering profession/skilling - which is currently prohibitive for most people.

Thanks.

REDUCING Tiering costs should also be looked into.

A suggestion would be: As each tier increases the effectiveness of the item by a flat 10%, then perhaps the tier up cost should ONLY be 10% of max-TT value (per tier) of any item in question.

eg. If max TT of Gun_X is 100 Peds. Then tier cost per level could be 10% = 10 peds TT Value per tier. Which brings that weapon to 200% effectiveness after 10x tiers or 200% of the actual TT-max value.

This brings into the equation a workable and affordable tiering up system - which auto-reflects any level item (regardless of MU) - and also brings into actual play the Tiering profession/skilling - which is currently prohibitive for most people.

Thanks.

So an archon sword should only cost a fraction of what it cost to tier an adj embra?

So an archon sword should only cost a fraction of what it cost to tier an adj embra?
Well, that is certainly a valid point, and shows why tiering cost is so difficult and subjective to determine.

I do agree though - paying several K peds for one tier increase is completely absurd. The issue is coming up with a full set of guidelines in determining the cost - and these guidelines would certainly have to take into account what you mentioned - i.e., an H21 Scrof certainly shouldn't cost far more to tier than an LC-300, just because TT is much higher. So really, a formula must be created.

Well, that is certainly a valid point, and shows why tiering cost is so difficult and subjective to determine.

I do agree though - paying several K peds for one tier increase is completely absurd. The issue is coming up with a full set of guidelines in determining the cost - and these guidelines would certainly have to take into account what you mentioned - i.e., an H21 Scrof certainly shouldn't cost far more to tier than an LC-300, just because TT is much higher. So really, a formula must be created.

One thing to keep in mind is when MA introduced all items over time - they never computed/predicted their teir up costs over the years. Now MA is moving towards 1-pedders - the tier system and their costs definitely need to be revisited.

Perhaps using the "ITEM LEVEL" to improve upon above suggested 10% TT per tier concept?

Crafted items:
eg. If Gun_X = 100 PED Max TT item => 10 ped TT cost per tier.
If Gun_X is LEVEL 1 BP, then { 10 Ped * 1 = 10 Ped TT cost per tier (Actual MU may vary)}
If Gun_X is LEVEL 2 BP, then { 10 Ped * 2 = 20 Ped TT cost per tier (Actual MU may vary)}
If Gun_X is LEVEL 10 BP, then { 10 Ped * 10 = 100 Ped TT cost per tier (Actual MU may vary)}

But how would that work with non crafted weapons?
Perhaps we could integrate SIB levels instead of BP levels?

But what about non-SIB UL weapons?
Hmm...?? Any ideas?

Also... MA could perhaps adjust the Max_TT of items to reflect their "levels" so it may work as well. Now that they are starting to move towards 1 Pedder items (to lower costs and be able to "reward" more players with less expenditure). It would make no sense to tier a 1 pedder weapon using 200 peds per tier?!!!

These are just ideas off the top of my head - feel free to adjust, or suggest better ideas.

Thanks.

i been thinking about it....
i don't think they should change it at all...

Any news of this in the update today?

Tiering costs are unchanged.

This Veteran waits patiently until he gets appreciated, and will turn over less peds and use less enhancers in the mean time.

That's what MA wants, that's what they will get.

i was expecting tier update for this vu... i m very disapointed mindark

Yes, that seems a bit harsh. Maybe tiering is a process meant to last for 10 years on average use? But even then the described scenario sounds harsh.

Yes, that seems a bit harsh. Maybe tiering is a process meant to last for 10 years on average use? But even then the described scenario sounds harsh.
But then what about unlimited mining finders, which can be tiered to tier 10 in a matter of days (or even one day)? The fact is, the system needs to be reworked. Mining equipment tiers too fast, and hunting equipment tiers too slow.

But then what about unlimited mining finders, which can be tiered to tier 10 in a matter of days (or even one day)? The fact is, the system needs to be reworked. Mining equipment tiers too fast, and hunting equipment tiers too slow.

I had no idea and I agree.

i was expecting tier update for this vu... i m very disapointed mindark

Back